20 hours ago, Illurion said:

Actually,  much of the methods you describe are also used by the Democrat party....  They go out of their way to DIVIDE us,   all of the various "hyphenated-Americans"...........   

A divide to conquer policy..

The 'Democratic Party' is an organization. Specific Democrats, as well as plenty of people elsewhere in the political spectrum, engage in this ruthlessly and maliciously. A lot of Democrats are decent. One of the big issues in political discourse is how freely people stick labels on their fellow citizens.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan Galt said:

Pravda writers and Russian operatives are amateurs compared to our domestic media.  The Russian impact on our elections, as Obama said, was and remains unmeasurably small.

Other than the fact that Congress has spent the last two years investigating this 'unmeasurable' influence. A lot of Russian efforts are pretty crude. However, 100 monkeys on 100 typewriters may, once in awhile, produce something slick, even if they themselves don't grasp what they've accomplished.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

And you do not think that is an exact depiction of mainstream media?

As far as I'm concerned, Fox is 'mainstream media'. I used to cringe watching most evening news programs, even PBS. I no longer have a TV, since I have so much trouble with it. Anyone that runs a major national network pretty much got that way through sophisticated programming. The only way people really grasp how far out in the woods they are is when they try creating their own video content, and it's obvious how boring it is compared to what they see on commercial channels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meredith Poor said:

As far as I'm concerned, Fox is 'mainstream media'. I used to cringe watching most evening news programs, even PBS. I no longer have a TV, since I have so much trouble with it. Anyone that runs a major national network pretty much got that way through sophisticated programming. The only way people really grasp how far out in the woods they are is when they try creating their own video content, and it's obvious how boring it is compared to what they see on commercial channels.

I would concede that Fox is mainstream media but it is Fox News that is under attack even though it presents both sides of the story far better than any other news station IMO. Fox is a haven for conservatives and some moderates that want to see both sides of the story. We endure a lot of CNN etc at businesses, just as you occasionally get stuck with Fox. I will concede that Hannity is a bulldog. He is our bulldog though.  

1 hour ago, Meredith Poor said:

Fox News gets shoved in my face any time I go to certain restaurants, and the stench is abominable. Sames goes for MSNBC. Much of the issue isn't simply what they report, but the specific dynamics of presentation. People are simply not conscious of the emotional manipulation going on in this material.

I do not watch FOX,  too liberal these days since Murdock's sons took over......

I do have the same reaction that you describe when i am constantly barraged with CNN in restaurants..   Liberal Propaganda Garbage.

Nowadays,  i prefer the OAN,  One America News.....  much better.

As for your belief that "people are simply not conscious of the emotional manipulation going on in this material."     ...  i disagree ............

I believe people are VERY MUCH CONSCIOUS OF IT...........

And that is why all of the recent polls show that the main stream media ARE NO LONGER TRUSTED.......

fake news......

OVER AND OVER IN THE FAKE NEWS,  THE MEDIA ARE DEMANDING THAT WE CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION....  CHANGE THE 2ND AMENDMENT TO TAKE AWAY THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.......

I AGREE THAT WE DO NEED TO CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION.........   BUT NOT THE 2ND AMENDMENT..........  WE NEED TO CHANGE THE  1ST  AMENDMENT...........  WE NEED TO REMOVE "FREEDOM OF THE PRESS" FROM IT.........  WE NEED TO CREATE A NEW CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MEDIA,  AND WE NEED TO "HIGHLY REGULATE" THAT MEDIA........

Isn't it interesting that the FAKE NEWS MAIN STREAM MEDIA "DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY" FROM EVERYONE BUT THEMSELVES............!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Meredith Poor said:

The 'Democratic Party' is an organization. Specific Democrats, as well as plenty of people elsewhere in the political spectrum, engage in this ruthlessly and maliciously. A lot of Democrats are decent. One of the big issues in political discourse is how freely people stick labels on their fellow citizens.

There is no such thing as the "DEMOCRATIC PARTY"......

It is the "DEMOCRAT PARTY"....

For the last Decade or so,  the Democrats and their partners in the fake news media have been using the term "DEMOCRATIC" to describe the Democrat party as a public relations gimmick that alludes to the Democrat party as being "MORE DEMOCRATIC" than the Republican party...

I was a Democrat once.......  a long time ago.........

And i can tell you,   THERE IS ABSOLUTELY "NOTHING DEMOCRATIC"  ABOUT THE DEMOCRAT PARTY........    It is totally rigged from within......   Look at what Hillary just did to Bernie Sanders..............

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Meredith Poor said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-24/brexit-backer-aaron-banks-how-much-is-he-worth?srnd=premium

The UK is opening a criminal investigation into Brexit's biggest backer.

That story is erily reminiscent of the lefts “witch hunt” of our billionaire US President, his money, tax returns and the oft repeated yet thus far debunked Russian Collusion story.  

Both men “kicked their respective establishments in the backside”.  Perhaps in the context of the Brit at the center of the article it will be a nothing burger as well.  Perhaps not, we shall see.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/19/2019 at 4:21 PM, Meredith Poor said:

As far as I'm concerned, ...... compared to what they see on commercial channels.

Far as I am concerned all Cable TV and Over the Air TV channels all pretty much suck.  I get info from Daily Wire, Tim Pool, OAN, TJDS.  Everyone else?  No.  International stuff?  Qatar Propaganda channel is ... ~~ meh Ok if you ignore all the Islamist, Muslim BS slant.  Still authoritarian, but at least you know where they are coming from and so far are not intentionally peddling complete lies like CNN, RT, BBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NYtimes, Global Times, etc. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TXPower said:

That story is erily reminiscent of the lefts “witch hunt” of our billionaire US President, his money, tax returns and the oft repeated yet thus far debunked Russian Collusion story.  

Both men “kicked their respective establishments in the backside”.  Perhaps in the context of the Brit at the center of the article it will be a nothing burger as well.  Perhaps not, we shall see.

One of the questions I ask Trump supporters is: "What would Trump have to do for you to feel that he betrayed everything you stood for?". What I get in response is simply a blank stare and silence.

So the next question that comes to mind is "Assume that Trump and a few fellow holdouts, including you, are barricaded in the Oval Office with semi-automatic rifles. The Secret Service and Federal Marshals are waiting for everyone to give up so they can arrest Trump for real or perceived crimes. Would you go out with your hands in the air or in a body bag?"

9 minutes ago, Meredith Poor said:

One of the questions I ask Trump supporters is: "What would Trump have to do for you to feel that he betrayed everything you stood for?". What I get in response is simply a blank stare and silence.

So the next question that comes to mind is "Assume that Trump and a few fellow holdouts, including you, are barricaded in the Oval Office with semi-automatic rifles. The Secret Service and Federal Marshals are waiting for everyone to give up so they can arrest Trump for real or perceived crimes. Would you go out with your hands in the air or in a body bag?"

That’s easy.  I wouldn’t be in there holed up in the first place because I wouldn’t betray everything I stand for, whether he would, or not.

There would have been a legal and constitutionally prescribed process which would have already taken place in your scenario and the rule of law must prevail.

Lets keep the horse in front of the cart.

• Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, TXPower said:

That’s easy.  I wouldn’t be in there holed up in the first place because I wouldn’t betray everything I stand for, whether he would, or not.

There would have been a legal and constitutionally prescribed process which would have already taken place in your scenario and the rule of law must prevail.

So, if Trump is breaking the law, or had broken the law before he became President, then he is violating his oath of office to uphold the Constitution. Does this matter?

Just now, Meredith Poor said:

So, if Trump is breaking the law, or had broken the law before he became President, then he is violating his oath of office to uphold the Constitution. Does this matter?

That question is out of order.  Let’s stick to facts.  Show me the crime, prosecute it with due process of law.  Instead of “Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime”.

You clearly are not a-political, so would you please share for whom you cast your vote last Super Tuesday?  That way we can apply the same hypotheticals in the same order as you would have us do with Trump and see how your candidate fares.

• Great Response! 2

On 2/19/2019 at 6:13 PM, ronwagn said:

And you do not think that is an exact depiction of mainstream media?

Do you not think Fox is mainstream? Consistently #1 or #2 in rankings.

In my Feed I just opened, for click bait without comment on the said articles:

#2, CNN Jessie Smollett's race care is about to be declined"

#4. Fox Giraffe dies from tragic accident at Kansas City Zoo.

Now who in the heck things are news organizations. They are feeding what you will go to.

DIdn't go to either today, and normally don't. 

5 hours ago, Wastral said:

Far as I am concerned all Cable TV and Over the Air TV channels all pretty much suck.  I get info from Daily Wire, Tim Pool, OAN, TJDS.  Everyone else?  No.  International stuff?  Qatar Propaganda channel is ... ~~ meh Ok if you ignore all the Islamist, Muslim BS slant.  Still authoritarian, but at least you know where they are coming from and so far are not intentionally peddling complete lies like CNN, RT, BBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NYtimes, Global Times, etc. 

Add allmyrants.org https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ipd1YlcDaA_E9QtLhUXJBPiobFcRx1Rgipny9rOPJZE/edit

3 hours ago, TXPower said:

So, you also insist that the same must prove true for Hillary and all of her conspirators?!

4 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

After observing the traitorous CIA, FBI, IRS, Justice Department etc. I would have to decide whether it was time for a civil war. 

Critical Information on the Trump and Hillary Investigations https://docs.google.com/document/d/1choW_wq0D5DfjRPjqLlAkfxCnnVJhRzrHeXppE6D4E8/edit

Part Two of the Obama Administration Scandals https://docs.google.com/document/d/11axnqv_b3L2k9CD6HWNMwrdIECJZSxowxjO4RIc-rbE/edit

Not one prosecution or decent investigation of any of the many scandals. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

So, you also insist that the same must prove true for Hillary and all of her conspirators?!

Yessir, I believe in due process of law for everyone.  What’s good for Trump must also be good for Hillary and her ilk.  Of course Ron, you and I both know the chances of a real investigation into her deeds likely will never happen.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TXPower said:

Yessir, I believe in due process of law for everyone.  What’s good for Trump must also be good for Hillary and her ilk.  Of course Ron, you and I both know the chances of a real investigation into her deeds likely will never happen.

And the reason is the Deep State, Demoncrats, and RINOS. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

"Blah blah blah. It's the other side's fault. Blah blah blah.  If you don't agree with me then that's because you've been brainwashed by fake news."

American politics in a nutshell (both sides).  Gee, and I wonder why people think the country is divided. 

Edited by Zhong Lu

6 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

That is because Trump has yet to disappoint us.......

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Not one prosecution or decent investigation of any of the many scandals. 

YET

5 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

Of course it matters...

So WHY AREN'T YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL OF THE CLINTON'S CRIMES,  OR ABOUT OBAMA ?

There are no laws that Trump has broken that have been shown.......  Just lies..........

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1