Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TB

Venezuela: Nicolas Maduro closes border with Brazil

Starting Thursday evening, Venezuela is closing its border with Brazil, President Nicolas Maduro has announced. He added the same measure may apply to the border with Colombia, though he does not want to order it. The Venezuelan military was ordered to enforce the travel ban in airspace and on the sea until further notice, Maduro said  during a televised address from a military headquarters. Speaking about possible cut of border travel with Colombia, Maduro said he didn’t want to take such a decision but was considering it. The restrictions come amid a tense stand-off over US attempts to deliver what Washington describes as humanitarian aid into Venezuela.

I'm sure that's going to help ... time for say goodbye NM!

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

Those who support regime  and other undemocratic processes are the people who end up on the wrong side of history.

• Like 2

There are two exits for Venezuela: brighter future without Maduro, or dark side of life with him....

• Like 1

Whatever affects Venezuela affects the region ... Indeed, the army is Maduro's strongest card. For now.

He can declare whatever he wants.  The issue here is whether the border guards will actually listen.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

He can declare whatever he wants.  The issue here is whether the border guards will actually listen.  

currently, they don't refuse obedience... we will see

• Like 1

The US should just form a naval blockade of key ports. That will bring down the house of cards...

• Like 1

Perhaps closing their borders will be more effective then closing the US border has been.  

3 hours ago, ThunderBlade said:

Starting Thursday evening, Venezuela is closing its border with Brazil, President Nicolas Maduro has announced. He added the same measure may apply to the border with Colombia, though he does not want to order it. The Venezuelan military was ordered to enforce the travel ban in airspace and on the sea until further notice, Maduro said  during a televised address from a military headquarters. Speaking about possible cut of border travel with Colombia, Maduro said he didn’t want to take such a decision but was considering it. The restrictions come amid a tense stand-off over US attempts to deliver what Washington describes as humanitarian aid into Venezuela.

So as I was reading this post a thought came to mind, post war Berlin, the people running to the western sides of the city to escape East Berlin. Will a wall be going up soon to trap the people in so they cannot get away. Oh the soap opera drama going on down there....lol.

I do feel sorry for the people though, what they are going through with no food, water, electricity. But I also believe you reap what you sow.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, damirUSBiH said:

Those who support regime  and other undemocratic processes are the people who end up on the wrong side of history.

That would be communists. 

3 hours ago, SERWIN said:

So as I was reading this post a thought came to mind, post war Berlin, the people running to the western sides of the city to escape East Berlin. Will a wall be going up soon to trap the people in so they cannot get away. Oh the soap opera drama going on down there....lol.

I do feel sorry for the people though, what they are going through with no food, water, electricity. But I also believe you reap what you sow.....

If Mexicans can smuggle in drugs we can smuggle in food. 

Complete Isolation is now over. Self Imposed Exile

• Downvote 1

19 hours ago, ronwagn said:

If Mexicans can smuggle in drugs we can smuggle in food. 

Now normally I would say that the drug trade would be worth a lot more money than food, but in this instance I would say the opposite is probably the case. So how do we get into the food smuggling trade and make easy money from that?

(pssst......pssst.......hey you.....you lookin for some banana? Well,  I just happen to know a guy.....)

• Like 1