Marina Schwarz

Self-Driving Cars To "Kill" Car Insurance as We Know It

(edited)

Apparently, self-drivingĀ  cars are the new millennials, killing stuff left and right. Here.

Sorry, can a mod please change the EVs in the headline to self-driving cars? Knee-jerk error there.

Edited by Tom Kirkman

I think it is a no-brainer that self driving cars will be vastly safer than humans, and the statistics will prove it out very quickly once they start operating in a big way,Ā  In fact, the data's probably already clear on this point, but opponents will keep going on about how even one death is too many.Ā  This even though it is a reduction of 10 or 20k or much much more.Ā  I say, bring on the self driving cars!Ā  Here in Thailand where licenses are a rarity rather than the norm, not to mention non-existent driver's education, it will be a godsend if they ever allow them.

Yeah, probably, since it's new tech and there are other risks inherent, I assume, to counter the fact they don't drink and drive and don't need to get/buy a driver's licence. It'll take a while before they become the norm.

• Like 1