Tom Kirkman

Goldman says Brent Oil To Reach $70-$75 Soon. I'm shocked. *Shocked* I tell you!

I'll spare you another dose of my ad nauseum comments about my expectations for an average of $70 Brent for this year.   A quick forum search says I have mentioned $70 oil about 750 times so far:

20190226_120136.thumb.jpg.e7aa2bd0dd0e6581f50d107dd65ec2f9.jpg

Goldman: Brent Oil To Reach $70-$75 Soon

As the oil market continues to tighten significantly, Brent Crude oil prices could reach $70 to $75 a barrel in the near term, with an upside potential of exceeding the $67.50 a barrel forecast, according to Goldman Sachs.

The outlook for the oil market through the end of June 2019 is modestly bullish, Reuters quoted the investment bank as saying in a research note on Monday.

I know, RIGHT? Still recovering from the shock.

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I'll spare you another dose of my ad nauseum comments about my expectations for an average of $70 Brent for this year.   A quick forum search says I have mentioned $70 oil about 750 times so far:

20190226_120136.thumb.jpg.e7aa2bd0dd0e6581f50d107dd65ec2f9.jpg

Goldman: Brent Oil To Reach $70-$75 Soon

As the oil market continues to tighten significantly, Brent Crude oil prices could reach $70 to $75 a barrel in the near term, with an upside potential of exceeding the $67.50 a barrel forecast, according to Goldman Sachs.

The outlook for the oil market through the end of June 2019 is modestly bullish, Reuters quoted the investment bank as saying in a research note on Monday.

I don't know what you are talking about Tom...

Surely you do not want me to have to spend more of my small monthly Social Security pension on gasoline than i do now ?

Phooeey on rising Brent......

31 minutes ago, Illurion said:

Surely you do not want me to have to spend more of my small monthly Social Security pension on gasoline than i do now ?

Yeah Tom.  Do you know how many times fRed has to go to the hospital for new bionic parts?  In fact, I think Elon could kill two birds with one stone and give Illurion a battery car: Makes him a convert and lowers his gas bill!  Win-win.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Illurion said:

Brent averaged $71 last year.

Why would $70 Brent now be bad for this year?

(edited)

59 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Brent averaged $71 last year.

Why would $70 Brent now be bad for this year?

Because i was saving money over the last year....

the price of regular gas has risen 44 cents per gallon in the last 7 days........  from $2.05 to $2.49...

People on fixed incomes like me are really hurt by rising gas prices........

we cannot work overtime, or do anything to get more money......

we are just screwed.....

this affects my ability to go to the doctor, or store, or take my Grandchildren to school....

Edited by Illurion