Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SP

Room Temperature Superconductor Patent Filed by US Navy

The US Navy filed a patent for a room temperature superconductor. If it comes to fruition it would be a game changer for electricity transmission. It would also enable advances for computer and chip design, but for the purposes of my post I am interested in electricity transmission. Wind energy from high graded locations could be transmitted great distances, without loss, to markets. Think of the American plains and the eastern seaboard, or Ireland and the European mainland. Natural gas fired power plants could be built close to producing fields and deliver electricity, forgoing takeaway pipelines.  Solar and geothermal energy could benefit as well. Link to article on patent filing is below.

https://phys.org/news/2019-02-navy-patent-room-temperature-superconductor.html

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems to be wave propagated which means from a physics perspective, a single molecule thickness out of spec and not correct will wreak it and combined with falling off voltage levels due to resistance of the pulsed source with length.... yea..... In short, this was already kicked around for 10 years and no one could make it work and it was deemed useless so may as well award the patent.