Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

UK Eyes 30 GW in Wind Capacity

Just now, ronwagn said:

You have to pick the best type of natural gas turbine for the need. 

CCGT only operates in open cycle for the type of response you need to fulfill STOR requirements. Thats why the cost is so high for electricity from OCGT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

He is smart. Britain is kicking itself in the arse. 

He choses not to live above a shale gas development. Interesting that. 

Just now, NickW said:

He choses not to live above a shale gas development. Interesting that. 

Source?

(edited)

2 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Source?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/17/brexiter-jim-ratcliffe-uk-richest-man-plans-save-4bn-pounds-tax-monaco-move

As far as I am aware Monaco doesn't exploit Shale Gas. 

Also a tax exile - The UK should adopt a similar tax system as the USA. If you have UK citizenship you are liable for tax anywhere on the planet. 

Edited by NickW

I guess you don't have an actual source on the claim that he didn't want to live above a shale play.

I have commented in my article that he is like an Ayn Rand hero and that she predicted the future very well. 

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

I guess you don't have an actual source on the claim that he didn't want to live above a shale play.

I have commented in my article that he is like an Ayn Rand hero and that she predicted the future very well. 

The point is - he doesn't live above a shale play - he choses to live in tax exile with Europes super rich. Coincidentally its the residents in those prospective areas that are most resistant to shale gas developments. 

Ive no idea what the relevance of Ayn Rand is to this. Had one too many Sherry's this afternoon? 

You missed my topic. Ayn Rand was right. 

7 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

You missed my topic. Ayn Rand was right. 

Whatever Ayn Rand said look at from the perspective of local residents in those areas.

What do they get.

Jobs - very few as workers will be shipped in 

Training to help local residents get into O&G jobs. I will believe that when I see it. 

Money for infrastructure - nope cos Ratcliffe and his spivs use every tax avoidance tactic to avoid paying any form of tax which would fund that infastructure. 

Traffic - yes, lots of it further damaging infrastructure that El Spivo won't pay for

Air pollution - yep. Not just from the frack sites but from associated traffic

Water pollution. Quite possibly

Noise - yep - lots of it. Them 2500 hp drill rigs are not renowned for being quite. 

Earthquakes - quite possibly

Long term legacy of contaminated sites after El Spivo has fooked off to live in his tax haven and the tax payer picking up the tab?  More than likely

Lets be honest why do anything else but obstruct the development if you live near to them? 

The problem is that they are not paid for their oil and other mineral rights. That is their system and could be changed. As it is they need to be well compensated for any aggravation. It is a major loss for Britain however. 

The Green propaganda about fracking is the major hindrance to development though. It is not the actualities.