Tom Kirkman

Spicy Opinion Piece: Following the IRGC Blacklisting - Time to Zero Iran’s Oil Exports

Some outspoken and fiery views about Iran and its oil, posted on QuodVerum, a feisty Freedom of Speech 'Citizen Journalism' site.  Oil + global politics.

I'll withhold my usual lengthy comments, as this article is far too complex for me to try to summarize.  Some parts I agree with, some parts I don't, but I appreciate the author's candor.

Following the IRGC Blacklisting - Time to Zero Iran’s Oil Exports

In an unprecedented step, U.S. President Donald Trump formally designated Iran’s Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) as a “Foreign Terrorist Organization” (FTO). This move carries impeccable financial consequences for Tehran and long prison terms for those who provide material support to the IRGC or its extensive list of affiliates. More is necessary, howeer, to significantly deprive the mullahs of the cash flow used to fuel their malign policies.

While some may argue this move comes with risk and the regime in Iran may retaliate, it is worth noting that Tehran also threatened massive retaliation after Trump’s withdrawal from the highly flawed 2015 nuclear deal. Nearly a year later, the mullahs now face an economy on the verge of collapsing in the face of U.S.-led sanctions, and growing public dissent.

There should be no doubt on the IRGC’s importance to Tehran: the regime’s highly controversial ballistic missile and nuclear programs are mainly under IRGC control.

The IRGC Quds Force, under the notorious Qasem Soleimani, exports terrorism (through money, arms and conscripts) and is directly involved in blueprinting and conducting terror plots across the globe, especially Europe in 2018.

Blacklisting and sanctioning the IRGC is critical to addressing key elements deliberately overlooked in the nuclear deal blessed by former U.S. President Barack Obama. This includes the mullahs’ missile program and its fueling of terrorism across the globe.

• Like 1

the market will start reacting to this news coming out upward this week, 75-80 brent thru the week probably, not a lot of bearish news to offset this along with already carryover bullish signs in the market

• Like 1

市场将开始对本周上涨的消息作出反应,布伦特原油价格可能在本周上涨75-80

6 minutes ago, 乾辉 said:

市场将开始对本周上涨的消息作出反应,布伦特原油价格可能在本周上涨75-80

Welcome to Oilprice. Per community guidelines, let's keep the posts in English-only so everyone can join in!

• Like 1