Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SM

Niger Delta Avengers announced attack on Nigeria's oil sector

Nigerian militant group Niger Delta Avengers said it planned to launch attacks on the country’s oil sector in the next few days.“This round of attacks will be the most deadly and will be targeting the deep sea operations of the multinationals,” it said in a statement on its website.

i don't see a purpose of announcing the attack. Shouldn't it be factor of surprise?  

• Upvote 1

billions of $ lost due the corruption in oil industry, western oil companies taking all the profit....I have to say that I sympathize with Nigerian people. I disprove of the violence, but the Avengers want a greater share of Nigeria’s energy wealth to go to the impoverished Delta region

not even Avengers care for Nigerian people. They just want profit for themselves. Probably it would make more warlords  

2 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

not even Avengers care for Nigerian people. They just want profit for themselves. Probably it would make more warlords  

Right. I read that 300,000-400,000 barrels of oil per day, or more than 10% of all Nigeria's production is stolen. I don't think any money from it went to Nigerian people

insurgents in Nigeria financially benefit from a share of the third of the country’s refined oil exports that is lost to theft

their statement sounds like Twitter post

“The high command of the Niger Delta Avengers wishes all Niger Deltans a happy New Year as we admonish the Nigerian Government to brace up for the doom we have finished all arrangement to unleash on the oil sector in a few days’ time."

This is weird. I was just contacted by a Nigerian Prince who wanted my help getting his millions out of Nigeria

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joanna said:

This is weird. I was just contacted by a Nigerian Prince who wanted my help getting his millions out of Nigeria

me too:) 

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

me too:) 

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

That is very well thought out, if nothing else. RESPECT!!

18 hours ago, JohnAtronis said:

i don't see a purpose of announcing the attack. Shouldn't it be factor of surprise?  

Nah, they like to boast in advance how scary they are. it's annoying -- they just got all those pipelines going again...

Should I expect an email from a Nigerian prince now that I commented on this thread?

5 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Nah, they like to boast in advance how scary they are. it's annoying -- they just got all those pipelines going again...

Should I expect an email from a Nigerian prince now that I commented on this thread?

knowing my luck, I would get a message from Boko Haram

James is BRILLIANT! And Nigerian princes are not interested in me, apparently. So sad. In the meantime, did you see this?

"Presidency alleges Patience Jonathan owns, controls Niger Delta Avengers"

The plot thickens.

• Upvote 1