Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Shortly After News of Iran’s Capture Of Two British Oil Tankers Broke, Here’s What Reporters Asked Trump

Wew lads.  Looks like it's gonna be a bizarre news week.

I decided to share this article below after my big eye roll of reading another thread here about Trump conspiring with EIA to keep oil prices low, and didn't want to keep that thread alive by commenting on it.

Anyway, most of you are already well aware of my aversion to Mainstream Media.  And yes, I include Fox News in that aversion. For your amusement:

Shortly After News of Iran’s Capture Of Two British Oil Tankers Broke, Here’s What Reporters Asked Trump

On his Friday night program, Sean Hannity played a clip of President Trump speaking to reporters earlier in the day. The news that Iran had seized two British oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz had just broken. A pretty significant story, wouldn’t you say?

Except that the media’s best and brightest had other more important issues on their minds.

Here is what they chose to ask the President.

1. “How would you feel if someone asked the First Lady to go back to her country? And what has she said to you about the chants, the tweets? About this entire episode?”

2. “Do you think, Mr President, that this political feud that you’re having with Congresswoman Omar and the rest of those Democrats that you mentioned is a good thing politically for you or do you think it turns people off?”

3. “Do you see not agreeing with you as the same thing as hating the country, sir?”

4. “Are you in favor of banning plastic straws?”

... The current headline on MSNBC’s website is:

Republicans Are Finally Panicking

and the lede:

“The president is capping a week of racist rhetoric by claiming he disagreed with the send her back chants that marked a portion of his rally in North Carolina. The panel discusses Trump’s remarks, GOP attempts to separate the party from the message.”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It's par for the course with the mainstream media. I share your same aversion to them. All they care about is harming President Trump.  Any & everything that happens in the world is spun into an attempt to harm his administration, his campaign, or him personally. Everything and everybody associated with him is racist to them it seems. I think the American people are growing tired of this, at least I hope they are as I know I sure am.  I think what is going to eventually backfire on the mainstream media and the Democrat Party is the fact that they embrace anti-Americanism as just another tool in their box to try and harm Trump to gain their ultimate goal which is power over this country. I think that's where the American people will draw the line and hopefully stand up to the bullying at The Ballot Box in 2020, not only in the presidency but in the House and Senate as well. It's really the only hope for this country in the foreseeable near future.

• Great Response! 3

On 7/20/2019 at 3:59 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Wew lads.  Looks like it's gonna be a bizarre news week.

I decided to share this article below after my big eye roll of reading another thread here about Trump conspiring with EIA to keep oil prices low, and didn't want to keep that thread alive by commenting on it.

Anyway, most of you are already well aware of my aversion to Mainstream Media.  And yes, I include Fox News in that aversion. For your amusement:

On his Friday night program, Sean Hannity played a clip of President Trump speaking to reporters earlier in the day. The news that Iran had seized two British oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz had just broken. A pretty significant story, wouldn’t you say? 

Except that the media’s best and brightest had other more important issues on their minds.

Here is what they chose to ask the President. 

1. “How would you feel if someone asked the First Lady to go back to her country? And what has she said to you about the chants, the tweets? About this entire episode?”

2. “Do you think, Mr President, that this political feud that you’re having with Congresswoman Omar and the rest of those Democrats that you mentioned is a good thing politically for you or do you think it turns people off?”

3. “Do you see not agreeing with you as the same thing as hating the country, sir?”

4. “Are you in favor of banning plastic straws?” 

... The current headline on MSNBC’s website is: 

Republicans Are Finally Panicking

and the lede:

“The president is capping a week of racist rhetoric by claiming he disagreed with the send her back chants that marked a portion of his rally in North Carolina. The panel discusses Trump’s remarks, GOP attempts to separate the party from the message.” 

I.e. Trump's intentional distractions are working.