Zhong Lu

"We're Not Going to Negotiate Anymore"

(edited)

17 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

What is this proposed deal?  Seriously?  Are there any proposals?

Yes. The Chinese delegation agreed to final terms back in early May. The plan was to sign in June.  But once the CCP  (Chinese Communist Party) saw the terms they reneged. They sent the final draft back to the US the Friday before Memorial Day, the end of May (just few weeks before G20) All the important terms of agreement were removed.

Trump was livid.   A real sleazy move on China's part. Can't trust CCP.

China waited until Trump suggested to US voters US could sign a trade agreement with China in three weeks at the G20 meeting . . . then China changed the deal thinking Trump had to deliver an agreement or be embarrassed. .  .  Not Trump.

China's proposition was "take it or leave it"

Clinton would have taken the deal.

Bush would have taken the deal.

Obama would have taken the deal.

Trump said leave it.  NO DEAL !

The Chinese pulled a cheap tactic.

The CCP pulled the same tactics they always use.  China knows from past experience US Presidents always cave. They have to get reelected. 

North Korea pulled the same crap with Trump at the Vietnam Summit. . .  .  .  Trump walked.

What CCP didn't realize was who they were dealing with in a President Trump.

Trump negotiates in good faith . . China does not.

They now know

IF CHINA DOESNT WANT TO SIGN AN AHREEMENT FINE

* No new manufactures will move into China.

* Many will leave.  

The TPP signators are loving Trump. Trump has accomplished what the Trans Pacific Partnetship agreement never would have delivered even if it were ratified.

Believe me the tariffs are hurting China.  The 25 % just started June 1st. The additional 10% on $300 Billion starts Sept 1st. I think these major mfg companies will start complaining to China where they should have complained in the first place.  Why blame Trump for China's trade violations.

China started the Trade War 25 years ago . . .   Trump just trying to end it

Trump needs to stand his ground.  Don't cave to Companies that moved manufacturing and pay no U.S. corporate income tax.Don't cave to China's propaganda campaign. Don't cave to the Trump hating media that misrepresents the story.

China probably give Hunter Biden another $1.5 Billion and hope daddy wins election.

China has made great gains moving 300 million into middle class .  .  .  but that leaves 640 million that are poor peasants living in the hinterlands. Maybe they will step up their infanticide and kill millions more newborn baby girls. That's how they think. Their word is worthless. 

Edited by SKEP
  • Great Response! 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

43 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Gold is pretty darn safe. If gold is rising you know investors are spooked by something.

They're gonna buy $3.6 trillion worth of gold ? ? ?  Where ? Amazon Prime ?

Edited by SKEP
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, D Coyne said:

precious metal, gold, silver, platinum, etc.

None of which are "currency" By definition

4 hours ago, D Coyne said:

What part of World is unclear?  The stock market can turn on a dime, why is it that Oil demand forecasts are being revised and the price of oil so low?  Have you read the news lately, maybe the news has not reached Fox.  :)

In other words, you got nuttin. 

Let's review, shall we? You are clueless what about currency is, your "proof" that we're in a worldwide recession is it "could" happen and you want to insult other people for being uninformed? Dude look in the dictionary under uninformed and see if you can recognize that guy in the picture. 

• Great Response! 1

41 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Gold is pretty darn safe. If gold is rising you know investors are spooked by something.

The investors are spooked by... death.  Wait for oil to rise a little bit more (like crude to 55).  Then short it (e.g. SCO).  

• Great Response! 1

26 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

None of which are "currency" By definition

Historically currencies were backed by gold, and even after that stopped nations still like to hold a lot for security.

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

43 minutes ago, SKEP said:

They're gonna buy $3.6 trillion worth of gold ? ? ?  Where ? Amazon Prime ?

Sorry I was a bit off topic with that comment, I meant mostly private investors not countries - although, they do love to hold lots of gold too.

USA has roughly 430 trillion worth of physical gold stored up; other nations with less could sell it, at a premium rate, to China.  Not saying it will happen but it guess it could. http://www.americanbullion.com/gold-how-the-world-stacks-up/

Do some internet searches, Russia and China have been gobbling up gold for the last several years.

Edited by Enthalpic

5 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Your proof of this is the record low unemployment or the record high stock market? 

Rate cuts by many central banks (USA included), inverted bond yield curve.

Not great signs

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Sorry I was a bit off topic with that comment, I meant mostly private investors not countries - although, they do love to hold lots of gold too.

USA has roughly 430 trillion worth of physical gold stored up; other nations with less could sell it, at a premium rate, to China.  Not saying it will happen but it guess it could. http://www.americanbullion.com/gold-how-the-world-stacks-up/

Do some internet searches, Russia and China have been gobbling up gold for the last several years.

Actually, the government with most gold is United States government. As of September 2018 it was worth $310.5 Billion.  

That's a long way from $3.6 Trillion ($3,600,000,000,000)

Some say gold is the safest asset.

Warren Buffet thinks gold is just a "rock"

(Which it is). 

Edited by SKEP
  • Great Response! 1

23 minutes ago, SKEP said:

Actually, the government with most gold is United States government. As of September 2018 it worth was $310.5 Billion.  

A long way from $3.6 Trillion ($3,600,000,000,000)

Some say gold is the safest asset.

Warren Buffet thinks gold is just a "rock"

(Which it is). 

Ah yes, I saw the tonnage and current ounce price and made a calculation mistake.

Gold is special - both chemically and symbolically.

9 hours ago, D Coyne said:

Douglas,

He claims to be a successful businessman, if he released his tax returns like most presidential nominees we would know if the claims could be backed up.

Seems Trump's companies have filed for bankruptcy several times, not sure that is a great measure of success as a businessman.

He is a great entertainer and promoter of himself, not a very good businessman.

https://thelawdictionary.org/article/how-is-donald-trump-able-to-file-for-bankruptcy-so-many-times/

So if past President's danced naked in the streets, Trump should as well? Okay, a bit of a stretch, but that is an extension of your logic.

The fact is, there is no legal requirement for him to release his returns.

Bankruptcy is tool used in business. Yes, it does make it appear as if that particular business has failed, it does not indicate that all your businesses have failed.

Go back in history and see how many successful business people have, at one time or the other, filed for bankruptcy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Gold is special - both chemically and symbolically.

So is petroleum

430 TRILLION versus 310 Billion? Yeah, that's a math error. 

Edited by Ward Smith
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SKEP said:

The Chinese delegation agreed to final terms back in early May. The plan was to sign in June.  But once the CCP  (Chinese Communist Party) saw the terms they reneged. They sent the final draft back to the US the Friday before Memorial Day, the end of May. All the important terms of agreement were removed. Trump was livid.   A real sleazy move on China's part. China waited until Trump suggested they could sign a deal in three weeks at G20 with China . . . then China changed the deal thinking Trump had to deliver or be embarrassed. Not Trump.

^ Impressively dead-on accurate assessment.

You should win a prize for cutting through the MSM disinfo BS and laying plain why Trump is adding new tariffs - Xi refuses to honor his promises.  Xi has zero integrity, in my book. 

More painful tariffs for China coming soon is my prediction, until China can stop reneging on its promises.

/ edit, as a Moderator I awarded you an "Enhanced Intelligence" medal, check your profile.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

/ edit, as a Moderator I awarded you an "Enhanced Intelligence" medal, check your profile.

LOL More like "trump supporter" alternate facts medal

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

LOL More like "trump supporter" alternate facts medal

Well Enthalpic, that should put you in the running for the 'Trump Hater and I Believe Everything I See On CNN' medal.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Well Enthalpic, that should put you in the running for the 'Trump Hater and I Believe Everything I See On CNN' medal.

I'm Canadian so no CNN.

I get hate for my love for wikipedia - run with that guys - I'm fine with a wikihate nickname. :)

It's all for fun -and a tiny bit of education and information- enjoy!

Forums are boring without both sides! :)

• Great Response! 1

13 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Try 400billion US$, and compare it to 21trillion debt

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, JR EWING said:

5 minutes later, i'm sure that's up a couple or 10 million :) 

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I'm Canadian so no CNN.

I get hate for my love for wikipedia - run with that guys - I'm fine with a wikihate nickname. :)

It's all for fun -and a tiny bit of education and information- enjoy!

Forums are boring without both sides! :)

Well said!

Got to watch the veracity of Wikipedia though...

48 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

Everyone seems to enjoy mentioning the US debt. Does anyone have a listing of the debt of other developed countries?

10 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So if past President's danced naked in the streets, Trump should as well? Okay, a bit of a stretch, but that is an extension of your logic.

The fact is, there is no legal requirement for him to release his returns.

Bankruptcy is tool used in business. Yes, it does make it appear as if that particular business has failed, it does not indicate that all your businesses have failed.

Go back in history and see how many successful business people have, at one time or the other, filed for bankruptcy.

Douglas,

I guess you set the bar quite low for a "successful" businessman.  Trump is a carnival barker, he is a successful showman, on that I would agree.  All hat, no cattle.

• Great Response! 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Well said!

Got to watch the veracity of Wikipedia though...

Of course, it's not fair and balanced.  :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

^ Impressively dead-on accurate assessment.

You should win a prize for cutting through the MSM disinfo BS and laying plain why Trump is adding new tariffs - Xi refuses to honor his promises.  Xi has zero integrity, in my book. 

More painful tariffs for China coming soon is my prediction, until China can stop reneging on its promises.

Tom,

You seem to live in an alternative facts universe.  Very strange indeed.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

I just look at results and on foreign policy Donald Trump has delivered a big fat zero.  

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

16 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

In other words, you got nuttin. 

Let's review, shall we? You are clueless what about currency is, your "proof" that we're in a worldwide recession is it "could" happen and you want to insult other people for being uninformed? Dude look in the dictionary under uninformed and see if you can recognize that guy in the picture. 

Ward,

I said brink of recession, perhaps try a dictionary.  A nation can exchange their currency reserves for other assets such as gold, or platinum, or even oil.  They could also exchange dollars for Euros.  I understand very well what currency is.  

Your reading comprehension needs some work.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1