Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
George Doolittle

Bottom of the Barrel

Utica and Marcellus shale has been the "nOPEC" destroyer going on a decade now. Also to understand oil pricing one must understand how the internal dynamics of the US economy works and not anything at all with "geo-politics." Those who fail to understand this fundamental reality simply cannot speak about the "oil trade" with any authority whatsoever.

I'm from Utica, New York and just down the road from me is Marcellus, NY. I don't need to have explained to me the significance as such of the Utica Marcellus shale. I grew up watching that natural gas bubble up to the surface since I was a child. 

An Oil producing nation like the Saudi gathered quite a nest egg during a 6 year high price scenario. They still are in fantastic shape compared to many countries. Since oil was discovered they chose to spend a big chunk of that wealth on a massive population boom. Sex in AC was quite a treat I suppose. Every country battles problems and few are smart enough to address them. Good luck out there.