Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HM

Domino Effect: Rashida Tlaib Rejects Israel's Offer For 'Humanitarian' Visit To West Bank

US congresswoman Rashida Tlaib has rejected an offer from Israel to visit family in the occupied West Bank on the condition she does not express certain political views. “I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in – fighting against racism, oppression & injustice,” she wrote on Twitter. In a controversial move that drew strong rebukes from US politicians and even the most powerful US pro-Israel lobby group, Israel said on Thursday it would block Tlaib and another Democratic lawmaker, Ilhan Omar, from entering the country for a planned congressional trip to the West Bank and Jerusalem. Israel then said it would consider a “humanitarian request” for Tlaib to visit her relatives “on the condition that she pledges not to act to promote boycotts against Israel” According to Israel’s interior ministry, Tlaib herself made a plea later on Thursday for a personal visit, which was approved on Friday morning. “I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother, who is in her 90s and lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa,” the letter, shared by the ministry and apparently signed by Tlaib, said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/16/israel-to-allow-entry-to-rashida-tlaib-for-humanitarian-visit?CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1565964127

• Like 1

Israel says no, Rashida writes them to request permission to see her Grandmother and they say yes, then Rashida says no. Rights to free movement are one of the basic human rights.

image.png.fbe269bf7e0ab48d9307bbbe8d67136c.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BALBOA said:

Israel says no, Rashida writes them to request permission to see her Grandmother and they say yes, then Rashida says no. Rights to free movement are one of the basic human rights.

image.png.fbe269bf7e0ab48d9307bbbe8d67136c.png

I will repeat:

y0xqwf46sog31.png

tkng5hz8gog31.png

4 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I will repeat:

y0xqwf46sog31.png

tkng5hz8gog31.png

I'm afraid that hard speech and intolerance are becoming a daily life way...  A wider view of the world around us could help...  

" I am not interested in power for power’s sake, but I’m interested in power that is moral, that is right and that is good."  - Martin Luther King

Probably, neither Luther is not good today ....

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Yea. 6 is it. Israel has murdered 250 protesters this year just because they want to get out of gaza and be returned to their lands in occupied palestine. That doesnt include the 10000 they injured many seriously i.e life changing injuries. 

Not sure how you equate Israel as good and muslims as bad. Somehow i wonder do people in the US lead such sheltered lives that they only believe the TRIPE on fox or cnn. 

It begors belief that the land of the free and home of the brave believes and endorses state terrorism of the kind dished out to Palestinians who rather than demanding all their rights back to the 1930,s etc are willing to settle for a 2 state solution but hey, that's not good enough for the israelis. 

That 90 year old woman lives in a prison in the west bank, which requires 2 sets of papers to get from there just to ramalla a few kilometers awsy. Gaza is not the only open prison created by the brave israelis with the united states endorsement.

I do hope you are proud of what all this subjugation causes which many including myself believe is the core cause of muslim terrorism i.e the injustices metted out to Palestinians year in and year out for 70 years. 

• Upvote 1

Okay, without getting into the Palestinian vs Israeli issue. Let me see if I get this correct:

Rashida is on record being staunchly anti-Israel. That would be in the public record.

Israel bans her from entering Israel due to her stance.

Rashid requests the right to enter for humanitarianism reasons (to visit her grandmother).

Israel agrees with the caveat that she avoids politics while entering Israel for humanitarian reasons.

Rashid now says she cannot enter due to the restraints put on her being allowed to enter.

I believe that this is what has been reported with ansolutely no political spin, simply the facts as reported.

Whether you support Israel or Palestine is immaterial, this woman is acting like a child and is only using this whole issue to further her own personal political issues.

If I REALLY wanted to visit a family member, perhaps for the last time, I would readily agree to enter and leave my politics at home. I can only assume she really couldn't care less about seeing her grandmother!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JR EWING said:

Yea. 6 is it. Israel has murdered 250 protesters this year just because they want to get out of gaza and be returned to their lands in occupied palestine. That doesnt include the 10000 they injured many seriously i.e life changing injuries. 

Not sure how you equate Israel as good and muslims as bad. Somehow i wonder do people in the US lead such sheltered lives that they only believe the TRIPE on fox or cnn. 

It begors belief that the land of the free and home of the brave believes and endorses state terrorism of the kind dished out to Palestinians who rather than demanding all their rights back to the 1930,s etc are willing to settle for a 2 state solution but hey, that's not good enough for the israelis. 

That 90 year old woman lives in a prison in the west bank, which requires 2 sets of papers to get from there just to ramalla a few kilometers awsy. Gaza is not the only open prison created by the brave israelis with the united states endorsement.

I do hope you are proud of what all this subjugation causes which many including myself believe is the core cause of muslim terrorism i.e the injustices metted out to Palestinians year in and year out for 70 years. 

You seem to ignore the thousands of Israeli's who have died over the years from shelling kibbutzes from the Golan Heights, in the Six Day War when a coalition of Arab States attacked Israel, when Israel was attacked as soon as they became an independent country, the surprise attack that became the Yom Kippur War, the incessant unguided rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip, etc...

To indicate that this is a one-sided affair is silly and ignores history.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Whether you support Israel or Palestine is immaterial, this woman is acting like a child and is only using this whole issue to further her own personal political issues.

If I REALLY wanted to visit a family member, perhaps for the last time, I would readily agree to enter and leave my politics at home. I can only assume she really couldn't care less about seeing her grandmother!

dauo7kh20ug31.jpg

10 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You seem to ignore the thousands of Israeli's who have died over the years from shelling kibbutzes from the Golan Heights, in the Six Day War when a coalition of Arab States attacked Israel, when Israel was attacked as soon as they became an independent country, the surprise attack that became the Yom Kippur War, the incessant unguided rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip, etc...

To indicate that this is a one-sided affair is silly and ignores history.

Well the score sheet clearly indicates a 1 sided affair. The notion that millions of people should vacate their land to appease people who were tragically treated by a succession of european governments leading to an extermination attempt by the nazis as if to blame it on the palestinians is a crock of shit. Tell me how would u feel if it was you or your family dumped off your land. I bet you would exercise your 2nd ammendment constitutional right to bare arms. Grow up and understand the context. Its now 3 generations later and its still not gone a way. Do the israelis believe that their tyranny will win out in the end. Somehow i think not.

37 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

Well the score sheet clearly indicates a 1 sided affair. The notion that millions of people should vacate their land to appease people who were tragically treated by a succession of european governments leading to an extermination attempt by the nazis as if to blame it on the palestinians is a crock of shit. Tell me how would u feel if it was you or your family dumped off your land. I bet you would exercise your 2nd ammendment constitutional right to bare arms. Grow up and understand the context. Its now 3 generations later and its still not gone a way. Do the israelis believe that their tyranny will win out in the end. Somehow i think not.

Okay smart guy, how would YOU propose to settle the issue?

1 hour ago, JR EWING said:

Well the score sheet clearly indicates a 1 sided affair. The notion that millions of people should vacate their land to appease people who were tragically treated by a succession of european governments leading to an extermination attempt by the nazis as if to blame it on the palestinians is a crock of shit. Tell me how would u feel if it was you or your family dumped off your land. I bet you would exercise your 2nd ammendment constitutional right to bare arms. Grow up and understand the context. Its now 3 years later and its still not gone a way. Do the israelis believe that their tyranny will win out in the end. Somehow i think not.

I have a question how many times has their been a cease fire and who always brake it ?No matter how you look at it their will be no peace till the Palestinians stop trying to kill everyone there and I don't believe it just the Palestinians they are letting other groups come in and start a lot of it, So say what you will till they stop the killing they will be no peace and to your point that Israel that they have not tried to make peace is wrong they gave up land only to be bomb and had to take it back to keep their people safe, So your point you made about it all being one side is right up to a point but until both side come to agreement and stick to it their will be no peace.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Okay smart guy, how would YOU propose to settle the issue?

Single state equal rights and right of return for palestinians. 

Oh. And massive compensation for the land theft

6 hours ago, Stephenk said:

I have a question how many times has their been a cease fire and who always brake it ?No matter how you look at it their will be no peace till the Palestinians stop trying to kill everyone there and I don't believe it just the Palestinians they are letting other groups come in and start a lot of it, So say what you will till they stop the killing they will be no peace and to your point that Israel that they have not tried to make peace is wrong they gave up land only to be bomb and had to take it back to keep their people safe, So your point you made about it all being one side is right up to a point but until both side come to agreement and stick to it their will be no peace.

There will never be peace without justice and israel has no concept of justice. They are a mirror copy of their eurooean oppressors. 

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

dauo7kh20ug31.jpg

mfv8kjf3m0h31.jpg

(edited)

Oh just finish off the Palestinians and be done with it.  I noticed the Palestinians didn't object when Assad bombed Syrians, so I don't see why I should object if they get bombed to oblivion by Israel.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

7 hours ago, JR EWING said:

There will never be peace without justice and israel has no concept of justice. They are a mirror copy of their eurooean oppressors. 

Right...alot of concentration camps and ovens in Israel these days...

8 hours ago, JR EWING said:

Single state equal rights and right of return for palestinians. 

Is this before or after the rockets keep flying out of Gaza?

You act as if the Palestinians are blameless.

Furthermore, where has all that international aid money to Palestine gone? Definitely not to infrastructure and bettering their situation in Gaza. Follow the money.