Tom Kirkman

'No - Deal Brexit' vs 'Operation Fear' Globalist Pushback ... Impact to World Economies and Oil

Recommended Posts

As the impending "No - Deal Brexit" scares the piss out of EU Globalist unaccountable and unelected officials in Brussels, and Multinational companies and certain Western politicians that want to see China succeed and Western Democracies fail plot and scheme to create uncertainty and chaos, "Operation Fear" steps to the forefront.

I believe the "Operation Fear" scaremongering will get heavily promoted in all major Western Media, and will severely, and negatively, affect global economies - deliberately crashing them, including oil demand and oil prices.

So, I plan to periodically update this running thread with updates primarily from The Conservative Treehouse and The Tylers at ZeroHedge, both of which seem aware of what is going on with the Globalist backlash to a hard Brexit, a No - Deal Brexit.  

The Sky Is Falling !

Panic ! !

We're All Going To Die ! ! !

^ Mainstream Media reaction to No - Deal Brexit.

=================================

 

U.K. PM Boris Johnson Planning Brexit Face-to-Face With Macron and Merkel

Operation Fear” is the globalist, multicultural, left-wing operation aimed at trying to stop Brexit by any means necessary.   The promoters of Operation Fear include almost all EU and British media along with U.S. political EU allies such as Nancy Pelosi, the Big Club Republicans, Wall Street multinationals and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

We are moments away from watching all of the U.S. Democrat presidential candidates deliver their narrative enhancement aimed at supporting the collectivist argument.  No threat is as significant to their ideological interests as deglobalization, nationalism and the sovereign respect for self-determination.  [See: U.S. Rivkin Project roadmap]

boris-johnson-cabinet.jpg?w=584

Against the October 31st Brexit deadline, Operation Fear is about to go into fully weaponized narrative distribution.  Predictably the deployment will likely be the largest psychological war carried out in the modern era.

Understanding how Operation Fear is carried out in Sept/Oct will prepare U.S. voters for a similar deployment in the 2020 presidential race.  As a consequence what is about to happen in Great Britain is well worth paying close attention to.  ...

...

PREDICTIONS:

♦U.S. Speaker Nancy Pelosi has already planted her flag of Brexit opposition around the Ireland -vs- Northern Ireland border.  It’s a disingenuous position; transparently a ridiculous excuse; but that allows her to give the appearance of not interfering while the actual her objective is ABSOLUTELY to interfere.

♦The corporate leftist social media will also engage.   Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and similar media sites will begin pushing down (or eliminating) pro-Brexit content, and pushing up the anti-British pro-EU positions across all engagement.  The objective will be to give the impression that Brexit is not supported.

For the historic reader, you will find strong parallels to the Soviet propaganda campaign around Polish independence and the Solidarity Movement.  In this era the Social Media groups will play the role of the soviet propagandists, and British citizens will metaphorically be the Poles.

♦Hopefully Nigel Farage and/or the Brexit party have proactive rallies planned where the Brits can assemble and publicly show the scale of their support. [*Hint*Hint*] Openly visible public support is the easiest way to refute the media propaganda narrative. [See Trump rallies circa 2016 throughout]  It is harder for the psy-op engineers to refute what is openly visible to the eye and ear.

♦ Mainstream media activity around Brexit in September/October is where we are likely to see the approach deployed in the U.S. for the 2020 election.  They’ll likely be developing strategies and testing out which social engineering approaches work best.

...

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And from The Tylers over on ZeroHedge:

Project Fear Returns: 'Leaked' Report Shows UK Faces Food, Fuel, & Drugs Shortages In No-Deal Brexit

Though some small details have leaked over the past year, the British public has never seen the entirety of its government's plan for coping with a 'no deal' Brexit. But with that outcome looking increasingly likely, the Sunday Times has managed to get its hands on what appears to be a nearly complete dossier on 'Operation Yellowhammer', the plan to stop Brexit from destroying British society.

By the Times' description, it sounds as if somebody slipped an old-fashioned dossier under a reporter's door. The paper is careful to point out that its findings represent "the most likely," not "the worst case" scenarios post-Brexit.

The draft leaked to the Times, which was reportedly created earlier this month by the Cabinet Office, "offers a rare glimpse into the covert planning being carried out by the government to avert a catastrophic collapse in the nation’s infrastructure."

The Whitehall sources who leaked the dossier - which was reportedly given a security clearance of "need to know" basis - said it offers the most comprehensive assessment of the UK's preparations for a no-deal Brexit.

Another source insists: This is not Project Fear — this is the most realistic assessment of what the public face with no deal. These are likely, basic, reasonable scenarios — not the worst case."

Its conclusions are, perhaps, unsurprising: It states that the UK public and business community remain largely unprepared for no deal and that growing "EU exit fatigue" has hampered contingency planning which has stalled since the UK’s original departure date in March.

Perhaps the most staggering is that the British government expects the return of a hard border in Ireland, which actually isn't all that surprising, given the opposition to the Irish backstop. But the fact is that they're finally admitting that this is inevitable, (considering the damage it could cause to relations with Ireland, not to mention the bombings that have already begun) and BoJo isn't following his predecessor in insisting some magical solution will be found.

Here's a run down of the main points:

  • The government expects the return of a hard border in Ireland as current plans to avoid widespread checks will prove “unsustainable”; this may spark protests, road blockages and “direct action”

  • Logjams caused by months of border delays could “affect fuel distribution”, potentially disrupting the fuel supply in London and the southeast of England

  • Up to 85% of lorries using the main Channel crossings “may not be ready” for French customs and could face delays of up to two and a half days

  • Significant disruption at ports will last up to three months before the flow of traffic “improves” to 50-70% of the current rate

  • Petrol import tariffs, which the government has set at 0%, will “inadvertently” lead to the closure of two oil refineries, 2,000 job losses, widespread strike action and disruptions to fuel availability

  • Passenger delays at EU airports, St Pancras, Eurotunnel and Dover

  • Medical supplies will “be vulnerable to severe extended delays” as three-quarters of the UK’s medicines enter the country via the main Channel crossings

  • The availability of fresh food will be reduced and prices will rise. This could hit “vulnerable groups”

  • Potential clashes between UK and European Economic Area fishing vessels amid predictions that 282 ships will sail in British waters illegally on Brexit day

  • Protests across the UK, which may “require significant amounts of police resources"

  • Rising costs will hit social care, with “smaller providers impacted within 2-3 months and larger providers 4-6 months after exit”

  • Gibraltar will face delays of more than four hours at the border with Spain “for at least a few months”, which are likely to “adversely impact” its economy

BoJo appears to have locked the country into a course set for 'no deal' Brexit, promising to hold a general election only after Brexit day.

Though Johnson is preparing to hold talks with Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel ahead of this week’s G7 summit in Biarritz, No 10 is already playing down any prospect of a Brexit breakthrough. Germany also believes a 'no deal' exit is "highly likely."

...

But this isn't another example of 'Project Fear' - oh no. And it's definitely not an attempt to undermine Johnson, who is, to his credit, at least trying to fulfill the Brexit mandate.

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some background, from few days ago:

Politics to Support Wall Street Multinationals – Democrats Plan to Block Trump Trade Reset

On Thursday June 20, 2019, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau traveled to Washington DC for a meeting with Speaker Nancy Pelosi and democrat leadership.  After the political ideologues held the meeting, Trudeau and Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland tabled the Canadian ratification on the USMCA trade agreement.

It was obvious both groups of avowed leftists agreed to stall the USMCA for politics.

On August 13th White House emissary National Security Advisor John Bolton met with Britian’s Chancellor of Exchequer Sajid Javid, and the public became aware of efforts toward a six month post Brexit U.S-U.K trade agreement that would become effective on November 1st, 2019; immediately the day after Brexit was official.

On August 14th Speaker Nancy Pelosi quickly rushed a press release saying the House would never support that interim U.S-U.K trade agreement, using cover story of worry about Ireland/Northern Ireland peace accord.  Beyond all the talking points the baseline reason for Pelosi’s opposition is Democrats do not support Brexit.  Both the immediacy and the construct of the counter-maneuver by Pelosi were noted. [House in recess].

Immediately after the deal between President Trump and Prime Minister Boris Johnson became public; an intense international media effort began to push a narrative of the “U.S. heading to a recession”.  The group of corporate financial media interests; those who advance the interests of Wall Street and are adamantly adverse to a global trade reset; and the political opposition to Donald Trump, began using a recession talking point in unison.

There is a clear, albeit complex, timeline of Trump’s trade strategy that is evident to those who are following closely.

The confrontation with China is one part; the removal of the back-doors into the US economy (NAFTA) is another part; a looming confrontation with the EU over their protectionist exploitation of one-way tariffs is yet another part.

The strategy to deal with each of the three primary negative trade elements (China, NAFTA, EU) is clear within President Trump’s trade reset.

  • Bilateral deals with ASEAN partner nations and simultaneous crushing tariffs on China deals with one problem.  China’s removal of U.S. wealth and jobs is halted.
  • The construct of the USMCA, and country of origin for source material and strict enforcement mechanisms, deals with the second problem: NAFTA’s fatal flaw.
  • An reciprocal and barrier removing agreement between the U.S. and U.K; which can open a tariff free trade highway between North America and Europe; creates the leverage for Trump (benefit for Johnson) that begins to deal with the EU problem.

In the big picture President Donald Trump has purposefully stalled the process of supply chain globalization and cheap labor evaluation.  Trump is resetting global manufacturing supply chains, with U.S. incentives for relocation.   This is bringing wealth and jobs back into the United States (and North America).

In essence Trump is engaged in a process of:

(a) repatriating wealth (trade policy);

(b) blocking exfiltration of wealth (main street policy);

(c) creating new and modern economic alliances based on reciprocity (bilateral deals); and

(d) dismantling the post WWII Marshall plan of global trade and one-way tariffs (de-globalization).

In all of these efforts U.S. multinational corporations, big companies on Wall St, are heavily opposed to President Trump because they have invested in those overseas operations.  Those companies facilitated the loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs.

There is also now a clear alignment between those Wall Street multinationals, and democrats like Nancy Pelosi.   Wall Street’s ability to pay Pelosi and political leadership to protect their multinational interests; in combination with corporate promises of funding to Pelosi’s party; has created the unholy alliance of united interests.

That’s why Nancy Pelosi instructed Justin Trudeau to stall the Canadian ratification of the USMCA.  That’s the motive behind why Pelosi is working to stall, perhaps even eliminate, the USMCA ratification in the House.  This is also why Pelosi reacted so quickly to the framework of a deal between President Trump and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

It is a political strategy and calculation for Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer to attempt to sink the U.S. Main Street economy.  Weakening Trump’s China confrontation; blocking the USMCA; and impeding a trade agreement between the U.S. and U.K. are part of that calculation.

Prior to this week Hollywood was openly praying for a recession to weaken President Trump’s reelection efforts. However, this week we are now seeing Wall Street, and the media pundits therein, openly cheering for an economic recession for exactly the same purpose.

The aligned interests of Wall Street, media pundits and Democrats are all contingent upon harming the U.S. economy.  That is how severely ideological modern democrats are.

The democrats are willing to destroy Main Street in order to retain power.

There are trillions at stake.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

 

  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Trump himself asked the Fed reserve to lower rates and use qualitative easing.

Simultaneous saying the economy is strong while begging for rate cuts is just more dishonesty. 

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Prior to this week Hollywood was openly praying for a recession to weaken President Trump’s reelection efforts. However, this week we are now seeing Wall Street, and the media pundits therein, openly cheering for an economic recession for exactly the same purpose.

 

...and trump is begging for the cuts so his economy doesn't look like crap. Maybe he should stop wreaking things instead.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Trump himself asked the Fed reserve to lower rates and use qualitative easing.

Simultaneous saying the economy is strong while begging for rate cuts is just more dishonesty. 

regardless of honesty of Trump pledge, blaming recession on Fed may give him free-out-of-jail card and help win the unwinnable election

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Trump and PM Boris Johnson Discuss Brexit and Trade Deal

trump-phone-boris-johnson-3-august-19th.

According to the White House:

President Donald J. Trump spoke by telephone with Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom earlier today to discuss a wide range of trade and economic issues. Prime Minister Johnson also provided the President with an update on Brexit. The President expressed great enthusiasm for his upcoming meeting with the Prime Minister at the G7 Summit in Biarritz, France. (link)

The G7 is being held August 24th – 26th.  The word of a tentative post-Brexit U.S-U.K trade agreement was first released last week. The potential construct has the assembly of mutual benefit and follows a plan previously recommended by President Trump to Prime Minister Theresa May.

Aides to Trump and Johnson are laying the groundwork for an announcement on the issue when they meet on the sidelines of the G-7 summit in France. Such a statement could outline a road map for negotiations and how the two countries envision their future trade ties, the official said.

The timing of it — during the G-7 and at their first meeting— would be intended to demonstrate a united front between the U.S. and the U.K as Trump and Johnson gather with European leaders, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron.

Conservative Tree House could see the outline of what President Trump had in mind back in 2017.  If my suspicions are accurate, it’s a stunning maneuver but also difficult to explain.   Think of it like a U.K. version of the NAFTA fatal flaw where Britain is positioned like Mexico/Canada, and the U.S. is positioned like China. There would be massive, beyond stunning, economic up-side for Britain.

What Trump and Johnson could construct is a bilateral trade deal between the U.S. and the U.K that has genuine reciprocity and negligible trade barriers.  Like a trade freeway between the U.K and the U.S, but only between the U.K. and U.S.

With the EU no longer able to influence trade agreements involving the U.K. European companies, and countries (Poland, Hungary etc.) could get tariff-free access to the U.S. market by operating out of Britain, or using transnational shipping through Britain.

Simultaneously, the U.S. could ship tariff free into the EU (to a receiving EU corporation, or EU subsidiary of a U.S. corporation) by exporting to Britain.  The UK would be the hub for massive economic activity between North America and Europe.

If France (the EU) is charging Canada a high duty for imported Canadian cheese; Canada, through the USMCA pact could ship to a holding company in Britain who would then transfer product (duty free) to the receiving French company who is operating in the U.K, and distributing in France.  [A French company in the U.K. would receive in the U.K without the French (EU) duty.]

Eventually all corporations in the EU, who wanted to do business with North America, would start operations in the U.K….. OR, the EU would have to drop it’s one-way tariff policy (ie. the Marshall plan is ended).  Think about the leverage this creates.

Of course this process would completely change the trade dynamic in Europe; and completely change the trade dynamic between Europe and North America.  So how would Trump and Johnson start?  Answer: Establish an interim tripwire to measure success. Hence you get this phrase:

 “[…] Such a deal could last for something like six months, the official told reporters.”…

Of course an interim deal… because the EU bloc will respond to it… so a reevaluation at six months, prior to any massive investment outlays, is exactly what a CEO would create.

Donald Trump isn’t a politician, he’s working through a plan for what he views (we agree) is bigger than any ideological aspects.  “Economic Security is National Security.”

...

  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Tom, glad I'm not the only one sick of hearing and reading this crap that we are doomed the second we leave.

Personally I can't wait. Keep those mentioned updates coming.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Thank you Tom, glad I'm not the only one sick of hearing and reading this crap that we are doomed the second we leave.

Personally I can't wait. Keep those mentioned updates coming.

Heh heh, thanks DayTrader.

Join in the Globalist Panic Party.... Clearly, we're all going to die......

Peter Schiff: There’s No Way Out and It’s Political Disaster for Trump

"... Peter reiterated that we are heading toward a recession and that it will be worse than 2008.  He said the Fed is going to take interest rates back to zero.  They’re going to do QE again.  And it’s going to be even bigger than QE1, QE2 and QE3 combined.   ..."

 

 

 

 

971865ebe432bedb4b90389e1d0d0295865a0e659297c170d844680e0d30dda5.png.17b7b0f37dbbdd126e46f1b24159045e.png

 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

''But that inflation is going to move from asset prices to goods prices, especially as confidence in the dollar and the US economy is lost, and when the markets start pricing in a Trump loss. Because right now everybody thinks a Trump victory is a sure thing. Just like nobody believed he could win in 2016, everybody thinks he can’t lose in 2020.”

LOL who is this guy?

 

  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DayTrader said:

LOL who is this guy?

https://www.modestmoney.com/peter-schiff-full/38659

He is probably laughing to the bank with gold prices skyrocketing and may not be wrong about recession but I disagree with his reasoning and view on $US strength - there are ~6.5T USD denominated debt which require more dollars to be serviced and this happens when half of world debt is yielding less than Federal Funds Rate (including 15T negative yield) - US dollars getting in a short supply and it may worsen

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

As the impending "No - Deal Brexit" scares the piss out of EU Globalist unaccountable and unelected officials in Brussels, and Multinational companies and certain Western politicians that want to see China succeed and Western Democracies fail plot and scheme to create uncertainty and chaos, "Operation Fear" steps to the forefront.

I believe the "Operation Fear" scaremongering will get heavily promoted in all major Western Media, and will severely, and negatively, affect global economies - deliberately crashing them, including oil demand and oil prices.

So, I plan to periodically update this running thread with updates primarily from The Conservative Treehouse and The Tylers at ZeroHedge, both of which seem aware of what is going on with the Globalist backlash to a hard Brexit, a No - Deal Brexit.  

The Sky Is Falling !

Panic ! !

We're All Going To Die ! ! !

^ Mainstream Media reaction to No - Deal Brexit.

=================================

 

U.K. PM Boris Johnson Planning Brexit Face-to-Face With Macron and Merkel

Operation Fear” is the globalist, multicultural, left-wing operation aimed at trying to stop Brexit by any means necessary.   The promoters of Operation Fear include almost all EU and British media along with U.S. political EU allies such as Nancy Pelosi, the Big Club Republicans, Wall Street multinationals and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

We are moments away from watching all of the U.S. Democrat presidential candidates deliver their narrative enhancement aimed at supporting the collectivist argument.  No threat is as significant to their ideological interests as deglobalization, nationalism and the sovereign respect for self-determination.  [See: U.S. Rivkin Project roadmap]

boris-johnson-cabinet.jpg?w=584

Against the October 31st Brexit deadline, Operation Fear is about to go into fully weaponized narrative distribution.  Predictably the deployment will likely be the largest psychological war carried out in the modern era.

Understanding how Operation Fear is carried out in Sept/Oct will prepare U.S. voters for a similar deployment in the 2020 presidential race.  As a consequence what is about to happen in Great Britain is well worth paying close attention to.  ...

...

PREDICTIONS:

♦U.S. Speaker Nancy Pelosi has already planted her flag of Brexit opposition around the Ireland -vs- Northern Ireland border.  It’s a disingenuous position; transparently a ridiculous excuse; but that allows her to give the appearance of not interfering while the actual her objective is ABSOLUTELY to interfere.

♦The corporate leftist social media will also engage.   Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and similar media sites will begin pushing down (or eliminating) pro-Brexit content, and pushing up the anti-British pro-EU positions across all engagement.  The objective will be to give the impression that Brexit is not supported.

For the historic reader, you will find strong parallels to the Soviet propaganda campaign around Polish independence and the Solidarity Movement.  In this era the Social Media groups will play the role of the soviet propagandists, and British citizens will metaphorically be the Poles.

♦Hopefully Nigel Farage and/or the Brexit party have proactive rallies planned where the Brits can assemble and publicly show the scale of their support. [*Hint*Hint*] Openly visible public support is the easiest way to refute the media propaganda narrative. [See Trump rallies circa 2016 throughout]  It is harder for the psy-op engineers to refute what is openly visible to the eye and ear.

♦ Mainstream media activity around Brexit in September/October is where we are likely to see the approach deployed in the U.S. for the 2020 election.  They’ll likely be developing strategies and testing out which social engineering approaches work best.

...

I am focussed on facts. From my point of view there are too much fake news spread around with the only aim to tilt the playing field since fair play does not provide the expected results.

This graph below, which originates from the Financial Times, shows the trade between UK and EU and between UK and US up to 2017.

- Total trade volume (sum of exports and imports) between UK and EU is ca. 625 bn GBP.

- Total trade volume (sum of exports and imports) between UK and EU is ca. 190 bn GBP.

- In 2017  48% of UKs exports went to EU, only 6.2% of EUs exports went to UK ! (source BBC, see attachment)

image.png.506bde646a04f46d02655b3b97501bab.png

Lets wait and see how the UK experiment to put 48% of its exports (to EU) at risk turns out at the very end for the normal people in UK. Some hedge fonds managers have already filled their pockets by speculations, e.g. on the GBP, to the debit of the British people. No surprise that many British people, who are still comparing facts and are not yet indoctrinated by Murdochs mass media imperium, are very concerned about their standard of living in the future. Prices in UK have already risen significanty due to the devaluation of the GBP compared to both USD and EUR by 27 % related to the end of 2015. Most probably these are some of the people behind the "Operation Fear".

US has a trade deficit with UK (2018) of about 50 bn GBP, as can be seen from the chart above. It is hard to believe that any free trade agreement between US and UK will be for the benefit of UK and the British people follwing President Trump`s goal "America First". His goal will be to reduce the trade deficit with UK and to export more.

HOUSE of COMMONS, Statistics on UK-EU trade.pdf Does the EU need us more than we need them- - BBC News.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nigel seems pretty darn happy to have UK passports back under the control of the UK rather than the EU.  Independent nations matter. 

ph966mlv8hh31.thumb.png.7c8547e7d3fd5d287c15c3d27b688f77.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DocManfred said:

I am focussed on facts. From my point of view there are too much fake news spread around with the only aim to tilt the playing field since fair play does not provide the expected results.

This graph below, which originates from the Financial Times, shows the trade between UK and EU and between UK and US up to 2017.

- Total trade volume (sum of exports and imports) between UK and EU is ca. 625 bn GBP.

- Total trade volume (sum of exports and imports) between UK and EU is ca. 190 bn GBP.

- In 2017  48% of UKs exports went to EU, only 6.2% of EUs exports went to UK ! (source BBC, see attachment)

image.png.506bde646a04f46d02655b3b97501bab.png

Lets wait and see how the UK experiment to put 48% of its exports (to EU) at risk turns out at the very end for the normal people in UK. Some hedge fonds managers have already filled their pockets by speculations, e.g. on the GBP, to the debit of the British people. No surprise that many British people, who are still comparing facts and are not yet indoctrinated by Murdochs mass media imperium, are very concerned about their standard of living in the future. Prices in UK have already risen significanty due to the devaluation of the GBP compared to both USD and EUR by 27 % related to the end of 2015. Most probably these are some of the people behind the "Operation Fear".

US has a trade deficit with UK (2018) of about 50 bn GBP, as can be seen from the chart above. It is hard to believe that any free trade agreement between US and UK will be for the benefit of UK and the British people follwing President Trump`s goal "America First". His goal will be to reduce the trade deficit with UK and to export more.

HOUSE of COMMONS, Statistics on UK-EU trade.pdf 742.47 kB · 0 downloads Does the EU need us more than we need them- - BBC News.pdf 1.06 MB · 0 downloads

Maybe Trump doesn't have an issue with this because the UK doesn't have any artificial advantages to create that surplus. Perhaps Americans like British goods. Also UK defence industry is a major component part exporter into the US economy for good which many then get re-exported.

Devalued pound also helping.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Nigel seems pretty darn happy to have UK passports back under the control of the UK rather than the EU.  Independent nations matter. 

ph966mlv8hh31.thumb.png.7c8547e7d3fd5d287c15c3d27b688f77.png

The EU has never submitted any passport. UK passports were always provided by UK authorities only. Each EU country could and can always decide whether to submit passports with a common EU format or with a national format. UK has changed to the national format recently whilst they are "still" member of the EU.

I am anoyed by the ignorant EU-bashing also in this forum. People blame the EU but they have no understanding what the EU is and how it works. They just repeat some fake information. 

The EU is not an "United States of Europe". It is an alliance of 28 nations (states) which have delegated some soveignty (e.g. for trade) to the administration of the European Union ("Brussels"). The EU is governed by three institutions, the European Parliament (elected by the people in each nation of the EU), the European Commission (elected by the European Parliament) and the European Council (consists of the PMs or Presidents of the European member states and have also been elected in their respective states by the people or their parliaments). 

Any European regulation is made in a democratic process and the national governments, and even the regional governments of any of the 28 nations, had and has the right to influence or refuse proposals made by "Brussels". So it is amazing if people in UK or any other EU member state believe that Brussels made or makes their laws. That is not true. None of these laws would have become reality if the government and the parliament of these states would have complained or vetoed.

It is just blaming the EU for unpopular decissions or results which are the outcome of own political faults (e.g. missing industrial and structural policies in order to compensate the impacts of globalisation in the rust belts).

  • Like 3
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

23 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Nigel seems pretty darn happy to have UK passports back under the control of the UK rather than the EU.  Independent nations matter. 

ph966mlv8hh31.thumb.png.7c8547e7d3fd5d287c15c3d27b688f77.png

Yes well done there Nige, I believe those passports are made in France !

Edited by Auson
spelling
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2019 at 7:45 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

As the impending "No - Deal Brexit" scares the piss out of EU Globalist unaccountable and unelected officials in Brussels, and Multinational companies and certain Western politicians that want to see China succeed and Western Democracies fail plot and scheme to create uncertainty and chaos, "Operation Fear" steps to the forefront.

I believe the "Operation Fear" scaremongering will get heavily promoted in all major Western Media, and will severely, and negatively, affect global economies - deliberately crashing them, including oil demand and oil prices.

 

6rp1i0bl4sh31.jpg

  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Auson said:

Yes well done there Nige, I believe those passports are made in France !

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2019 at 2:48 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Nigel seems pretty darn happy to have UK passports back under the control of the UK rather than the EU.  Independent nations matter. 

ph966mlv8hh31.thumb.png.7c8547e7d3fd5d287c15c3d27b688f77.png

Do you know what this tweet was about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Do you know what this tweet was about? 

If I recall correctly, there was some discussion about the passport being issued by UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes @Auson, you are correct.  Laughed my box off about it when I saw the story:

https://www.ft.com/content/e1578076-2d5e-11e8-a34a-7e7563b0b0f4

As someone who voted Leave, I just want to get on with it.  All this willy-waving is doing nobody any good.  And I'm sorry - but you can't stop/cancel a no-deal Brexit - it's the defult position of the law and I doubt there's time to change it now. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tylers on ZeroHedge astutely weigh in and call BS on EU bluff.

UK, go for the hard Brexit, the no-deal Brexit, and tell the EU to stuff their extortion demands for a 39 Billion Pound separation.  Pound sand, France.  May has left the building, and Johnson is tired of your threats.  The EU is imploding, and the UK is leaving.

France Rattles EU Sabre: 'No-Deal' Brexit Now Central Scenario, Demands UK Pay Up

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what types of people read, digest and believe the bungling verbal diarrhoea that you are posting here!! I am not sure if I should just laugh at this exhibition of super-low IQ or cry at the low quality of fellow men.. Either way, excellent SPAMing, keep it up..  

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Alex Palamas said:

I wonder what types of people read, digest and believe the bungling verbal diarrhoea that you are posting here!! I am not sure if I should just laugh at this exhibition of super-low IQ or cry at the low quality of fellow men.. Either way, excellent SPAMing, keep it up..  

Bwahahahaha ... First time I have ever been labeled as spam.  I have written over 15,000 comments (and a few dozen full articles) about oil & gas in the last 5 years.  Being labeled as spam amuses me immensely.

Hey @CMOP and @Selvedina any chance I can get a "spam" trophy?  

Or at least a "Life of Brian" trophy?

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life | Eric Idle | Stereo HQ

  • Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any specific valid examples or just insults? Someone has an opinion you don't agree with so it's spam lol

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.