Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Swedish Behavioral Scientist Suggests Eating Humans to ‘Save the Planet’ from Climate Change. What could possibly go wrong?

(edited)

Not quite sure what you were expecting from the thread title LOL.

Edited by Guest

Don't you just think a bunch of grad students with too much time and alcohol, or something, just in a laugh proposed something absolutely bonkers to see if they could get funded?

I don't mind that someone would right such a thing, but it bothers me tax dollars paid for it. Assuming that is the case.

At least The Onion is for profit. On a related note, didn't Mad Magazine finally collapsed.

(edited)

There have been a few stories about it in the last few weeks. It's not students messing around, was a Swedish professor I believe. One with some serious issues.

At a summit in Sweden about the future of food, a professor gave two presentations about how eating human flesh could combat the negative effects of climate change.He claims resistance to cannibalism is “conservative” or even “selfish.” And of course, the human meat industry will have to start slow, first getting people used to the idea of eating pets and insects. But eventually humans can be “tricked into making the right decisions,” the professor suggested.

Edited by Guest

On 9/11/2019 at 2:17 AM, DayTrader said:

Think Tom mentioned earlier in the thread buddy if my memory serves

One of the first symptoms of Kuru is memory loss and confusion are you sure your vegan?

And stop laughing as apparently it’s another symptom , that’s maybe were we get the phrase “killing myself laughing”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

One of the first symptoms of Kuru is memory loss and confusion are you sure your vegan?

And stop laughing as apparently it’s another symptom , that’s maybe were we get the phrase “killing myself laughing”

Evolution via Cannibalism: The Case of Kuru

In the 1950s and ’60s, several villages in the Oceanic country of Papua New Guinea began to see an odd disease. Villagers of the Fore people in the Eastern Highlands – predominantly women and children – would show an array of frightening symptoms that rapidly worsened over about six months: muscle tremors, uncontrollable laughter, slurring of speech and finally an inability to move and swallow. In the 1960’s, European scientists began to study people with the disease, called kuru for the Fore word for “shiver,” and made two astonishing discoveries. First, that kuru represented a new kind of infectious disease that caused the brain and nervous system to degenerate. Second, that kuru probably resulted from people eating their dead relatives. ...

... Those statistics reflect natural selection in action: people resistant to kuru (heterozygotes) stayed alive and reproduced, spreading their variant of the gene to the next generation, while those sensitive to kuru (homozygotes), well, died.

prion4.jpg.66a05392f46c91a960c768dfae79d5b2.jpg

• Like 1

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

... Those statistics reflect natural selection in action: people resistant to kuru (heterozygotes) stayed alive and reproduced, spreading their variant of the gene to the next generation, while those sensitive to kuru (homozygotes), well, died.

Little know fact, many Scandinavians are completely immune to HIV/AIDS because they selectively survived the plague or smallpox in the distant past because of a mutation.

"a genetic mutation (known as CCR5-Ä32) that prevents the virus from entering the cells of the immune system"

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-03/uol-bdw031005.php

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Little know fact, many Scandinavians are completely immune to HIV/AIDS because they selectively survived the plague or smallpox in the distant past because of a mutation.

"a genetic mutation (known as CCR5-Ä32) that prevents the virus from entering the cells of the immune system"

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-03/uol-bdw031005.php

Interesting, I was not aware of this.

Clearly, people aren't panicking enough.   Time to up the ante.  Eating dead bodies simply isn't fast enough to stop the world from ending in 12 years.  Time to start eating babies.  No really...

AOC Supporter wants to EAT BABIES

7cy962du8iq31.thumb.jpg.b3307734e80a43be386760d05a246d23.jpg

vzk3qzq45gq31.jpg.a67c8b0e86bba1c85563530b57560299.jpg

Human trafficking ends up being 'cannibalism', at least given some outcomes. Usually such people are 'used up' and discarded, whether for labor or sex.

Given a global population of 7,700,000,000...
5,775,000,000 are over age 18. (7.7 billion * .75)
2,887,500,000 are between the ages of 18 and 45, and would thus be in the age range of most parents
1,443,750,000 would be the number of couples if 2.8 billion is divided by 2
206,250,000 of these couples have fertility problems preventing them from having children
Therefore such couples would want to adopt at at least 412,500,000 children (206 million * 2)

This number could be smaller on the assumption that not all people pair up with the intent to form families. They could be larger if the adoptive couples want more than two children, or if some people are willing to be single parents.

Since 400 million is larger than the population of the US, the likelihood of such demand being satisfied by legal and ethical means is infinitesimally small. Thus the explosion of surrogacy (often outside the legal bounds of the surrogates home country), babynapping out of maternity wards, baby selling, and various forms of smuggling.

Usually the women involved in this are treated with complete disregard for their welfare, health, or rights.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:23 PM, Enthalpic said:

On 9/14/2019 at 11:32 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Interesting, I was not aware of this.

And now you know why so many women threw themselves at me when I was a young fellow:  they all wanted my genetic material for their offspring.  Unfortunately,  I see little evidence that a mutated gene will survive through reproduction with a rate higher than 50%, if at all, when the other reproducer is without that mutated gene.  Another good reason to marry that lass in your home village, the one with the cute smile and great skin; your offspring will be fabulous and protected!  

With today's kids marrying with reckless abandon from outside the village, I anticipate that the great genes will become so diluted that any advantage will be lost soon enough.  

I think we would only need to eat this little Happy Meal, and we will have proved the theory....

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 01.03.15.png

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

I think we would only need to eat this little Happy Meal, and we will have proved the theory....

Heh heh, this is a fake, picture was swapped from the crazy "eat babies" lady to Greta:

0nwgz2u05iq31.thumb.png.c28a05cba588492967030d8c73e00bd0.png

These are not fake:

h280axwboiq31.thumb.png.774455dcfebc04643b4f6ee6ef9fa301.png

o9m84wkw8jq31.thumb.jpg.7abea760ced5c5c052ff398619f5651a.jpg

• Like 1

The fact that we are even having this discussion is mind boggling!

common sense is not that common anymore....

On 10/5/2019 at 5:05 AM, James Regan said:

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 01.03.15.png

She reminding you of your Japanese 'companion' robot again? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NickW said:

She reminding you of your Japanese 'companion' robot again? 

At least I can turn it off, this model just keeps on going, must have solar panels on its tongue...

• Haha 1