Hong Kong Protesters Appeal To Trump For Support.

I would suggest reading this wikipedia articles carefully- its history of US foreign policy

Because in MSW you will find this narrative

Russia has oligarchs; America has billionaires.

Russia has wars; America has interventions.

Russia assassinates people. America does targeted killings.

Russia has spies. America has intelligence operatives.

Russia has gulags. America has detention centers.

• Upvote 3

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

For readers unfamiliar, Tomasz is an ethnic Russian living in Poland and working as a lawyer.  Meanwhile, his Polish Government is begging the USA to place a US tank division, or at least a few regiments, inside Poland.  Seems the Polish Government is nervous about the Russians, and with good reason, seeing what has happened inside Ukraine next door.  

I would suggest reading this wikipedia articles carefully- its history of US foreign policy

Yes I know this narrative for years

Final result is american exceptionalism.

Edited by Tomasz

1 minute ago, Tomasz said:

Russia has gulags. America has detention centers

American "detention centers" are also Gulags.  Probably worse. 

Look, nobody said the USA was perfect.  It is and remains an imperfect society.  But it continues to get better and better.  Americans will address their internal failings and they work on doing better.  It is American Optimism that drives that spirit. And for your information, I constantly rail in the American press against the federal government's use of detention centers and the US border patrol arbitrary stops. All societies have elements in them that push towards internal authoritarianism, usually by morons who got all C's in high school and are continuing their habits of stealing the lunch money from the third-graders.  Societies are imperfect. It happens. I make no excuses. 

(edited)

Fascinating. Worth posting 3x definitely. 

''Citation of Wikipedia in research papers may be considered unacceptable, because Wikipedia is not a reliable source. This is because Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any moment.''

I would rather discuss 16 inch cocks and cheese than this nonsense. 

Russia has Cosmonauts / America has Astronauts

Edited by Guest

(edited)

A lot more people would rather immigrate to America than Russia.  I mean, regardless of how you look at foreign policy, America gets "economic management" better than Russia.

Also, can't we all get along and just focus on making money? 

Edited by Zhong Lu

(edited)

Would love to discuss geopolitics or the actual title of threads.

The anti US and UK narrative is very boring.

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

2zuz9HE.thumb.jpg.809fc370fae8d30c3fcd9f7a2d1a0775.jpg

kddqebielvl31.thumb.jpg.5462aa097c2e99604cac405590e7570d.jpg

September 10th, 2001:

5geu31wnuul31.jpg.5ebec33ab542d01f7d87baa6d51c6a43.jpg

< sigh >

The New York Times :

EELsiVoXUAEJGa3.thumb.jpg.1505dfb81bd5d8ee265906e6cb75e35c.jpg

20190912_081915.thumb.jpg.3f9a3b6c324a1cb8367eeff87c207031.jpg

New York Times Blames "Airplanes" For 9/11 Attack

The New York Times chose to honor the 18th anniversary of the September 11 atrocity by blaming “airplanes” for carrying out the attack.

110919nyt.jpg

Yes, really.

“18 years have passed since airplanes took aim and brought down the World Trade Center,” the Times tweeted from its official account.

(edited)

Wow. Disgusting

''We've deleted an earlier tweet to this story and have edited for clarity. The story has also been updated''.

Not even an apology @Tom Kirkman ??

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Bartosz said:

Its PEW research - american agency. You should ask spaniards why they are afraid of USA. Maybe they remember Libya, massacre in Madrid rail station, fact that USA supported Franco regime or something else. You should ask them.

No, you introduced the poll so YOU should clarify why Spaniards supposedly fear the US. It is called accountability.

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

Wow. Disgusting

''We've deleted an earlier tweet to this story and have edited for clarity. The story has also been updated''.

Not even an apology @Tom Kirkman ??

20190912_101942.jpg.472ebfe56a8c3dc8c0893e3181c2566f.jpg

22 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

YOU should clarify why Spaniards supposedly fear the US

The olives.

Saying "planes" is better than some conspiracy theory that explosives brought them down. 

• Rolling Eye 1

5 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Saying "planes" is better than some conspiracy theory that explosives brought them down. 

ejjdh36pwxl31.jpg.f624d4facef1aed57daeb9f77e9990d3.jpg

12 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

ejjdh36pwxl31.jpg.f624d4facef1aed57daeb9f77e9990d3.jpg

I have no idea what that means

On 9/9/2019 at 12:33 AM, Zhong Lu said:

They should apply for visas to immigrate to America.  

The earth is already dying from overpopulation and migration. Protest at home please and sort your own problems without US help. Wonder what the trade balance with Hong Cong is. 

Just as the US can’t quell any violence in the Middle East I don’t think China will ever regain Taiwan and Hong Cong. It would take to much treasure and blood. You can punish, destroy infrastructure and destroy quality of life but it’s almost impossible to kill the taste of freedom once digested. 

The US under those like Bolton/Cheney haven’t learned these lessons but to Trumps credit I think he has a more practical economic sense of foreign intervention.

29 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I have no idea what that means

Representative (and I am using that term loosely) Ilhan Omar once made a flippant remark concerning 9/11, ‘Some people did something’. The picture and text is reminding her as to what actually occurred on 9/11.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tomasz said:

Yes I know this narrative for years

Final result is american exceptionalism.

Symantics...

(edited)

Let's imagine the Occupy Wall Street "movement" resulted in millions of supporters on the streets, armed with fire bombs and protective gear, breaking office and commercial property, invading the JFK and holding passengers hostage, beating passengers in the subway, raising flags of some foreign power and chanting that anthem, and more. I dare say the police would respond enforce and shoot anyone who had not the legs to run quickly enough. Lest we forget: Black Lives Matter; Black Day in July; Birmingham Sunday; Kent State, and the list goes on.

To all those who post their diatribes about China, I pose a simple question:  have you resided in China for any length of time? 

Edited by 4cryingoutloud
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 4cryingoutloud said:

Let's imagine the Occupy Wall Street "movement" resulted in millions of supporters on the streets, armed with fire bombs and protective gear, breaking office and commercial property, invading the JFK and holding passengers hostage, beating passengers in the subway, raising flags of some foreign power and chanting that anthem, and more. I dare say the police would respond enforce and shoot anyone who had not the legs to run quickly enough. Lest we forget: Black Lives Matter; Black Day in July; Birmingham Sunday; Kent State, and the list goes on.

To all those who post their diatribes about China, I pose a simple question:  have you resided in China for any length of time? 

The fact is, nobody has done the things which you mentioned, in the US....this is happening in Hong Kong as we ‘speak’.

You continually go back in time to select examples of American misbehavior, but the are not relevant to this discussion. ‘Black Lives Matter’ was a racial issue. Kent State was about protesting the Vietnam War. Hong Kong is about their present form of government and their desire for change.

All of your responses, to any thread on this forum, eventually devolve into a rant against America. Why is that?

Furthermore, it would be instructive if you could tell us if YOU have ever resided in China, or for that mater, in the US?

3 hours ago, 4cryingoutloud said:

Nope.

I've not resided in Iran or North Kprea either. 

Wanna know my opinion of them?

I've not been to The Moon either but have a view on that. Is that ok?

2 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

All of your responses, to any thread on this forum, eventually devolve into a rant against America. Why is that?

He is a troll.   That is why. 

HK police accused of torture by Amnesty

Just sayin'

On 9/15/2019 at 1:20 AM, DayTrader said:

Nope.

I've not resided in Iran or North Korea either. 

Wanna know my opinion of them?

I've not been to The Moon either but have a view on that. Is that ok?

Sorry, but I need link to some docs before I can consider your opinions to be valid.

< bad moderator, bad.  Trolling is BAD. >