Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Iran Vows Major War Even If US Conducts "Limited Strikes"

(edited)

Just after on Friday Pentagon leaders presented Trump with numerous "military options" for a response to Iran following last week's twin attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, Iran has again put the US on notice that any "limited attack" will assuredly lead to major war.

FULL ARTICLE - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iran-vows-major-war-even-if-us-conducts-limited-strikes   

The briefing on “options” for responding to Iran were followed by a late Friday Pentagon announcement that it is deploying US troops to Saudi Arabia as a "first step" which could be followed by additional "kinetic" moves down the road. "As the President has made clear the United States does not seek conflict with Iran. That said we have many other military options available should they be necessary," Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in the briefing.

Iran on Saturday responded to the move by again declaring any potential "limited" US attack on Iran would certainly lead to rapid escalation. The head of Iran's elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), Major General Hossein Salami, said in remarks broadcast on state TV that no such limited strikes would actually remain 'limited'.

iran-military-assets.png

Edited by Guest
addition

@James Regan  , get ready for the waves

Ya this could escalate pretty quick it almost seems like Iran wants it to or they are just seeing if they can punk out the US 

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Grateful55 said:

can punk out the US 

Haha the news would be so much more entertaining if worded that way, love it, ''punk out the US'', ''bring on the shooty mr badman'' 

(You may need to go through other previous threads to get this joke lol), been some hilarious stuff here last few weeks. 

Edited by Guest

I’ll see if I can figure it, I just got here but I like what I’m reading so far it’s good to be able to see both sides in my opinion. What’s your thoughts if this does get heated ? Crude will more then likely be heading up right or am I missing the bigger picture. It wouldn’t surprise me if this whole thing was planned to boost oil prices but I’m always skeptical of things like this and the news we are fed in the US 

• Like 1

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Grateful55 said:

am I missing the bigger picture

If it kicks off properly oil volatility will increase yep. After this attack, oil spiked the most % wise in history I believe. More than Iran in 79 or Hussein invading Kuwait. Will be some interesting times ahead for sure.

Haha trust me you wanna look through the threads. Type in Iran or War or Saudi or even Shooty in the search option (it's a long story).

I won't comment on the conspiracy / hidden agenda in markets, if you look through threads you'll see a lot of opinions on the agendas / consequences / bigger picture.

Yeah your news can be pretty dodgy, I believe @Tom Kirkman is a big fan of CNN though, maybe check that out..? They seem quite neutral.

Edited by Guest

Thanks I appreciate it and I’ll look through the threads for sure : ) that spike last Sunday was pretty crazy I was bullish Crude and waiting for that wedge to break but wasn’t expecting that at all !  And CNN isn’t too bad I try not to watch TV much but I read as much as possible 

Thanks again 

44 minutes ago, Grateful55 said:

I’ll see if I can figure it, I just got here but I like what I’m reading so far it’s good to be able to see both sides in my opinion. What’s your thoughts if this does get heated ? Crude will more then likely be heading up right or am I missing the bigger picture. It wouldn’t surprise me if this whole thing was planned to boost oil prices but I’m always skeptical of things like this and the news we are fed in the US 

32 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Yeah your news can be pretty dodgy, I believe @Tom Kirkman is a big fan of CNN though, maybe check that out..? They seem quite neutral.

16 minutes ago, Grateful55 said:

And CNN isn’t too bad I try not to watch TV much but I read as much as possible 

DayTrader, please don't tease the new members here.

Grateful55, I think CNN and most Mainstream Media are disinformation, and I frequently suggest to others to unplug their TV.  

4eff29ca7f9234c8.thumb.png.83c1876c91b642dcc5d090a6253c7f22.png

• Great Response! 2

(edited)

22 minutes ago, Grateful55 said:

that spike last Sunday was pretty crazy I was bullish Crude

Me too, but the indecision and flatline over next 48 hours was quite telling. I got out after couple of days, caught most of the spike, then Fri just swing traded it up and down all afternoon, was beautiful. 

And yep sorry haha, most news is just shite, I watch Bloomberg all day though for market news. 

Edited by Guest

Lol no worries man I know our news is shite I was just being polite ; ) and Thanks @Tom Kirkman for sticking up for the new guy I was just reading the article you posted on the shooty shooty post and it’s nice to see a since of humor on the forum 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

#punish

And congrates @DayTrader there where some good trades to be had on Friday. Hoping for another opening like last week but that might be a little to optimistic 

Hahaha cheers, yep not just oil, was quadruple witching day too, so after lunch NY time things got kinda interesting in markets. 

Yep stay tuned.

And sorry guys I have no clue which emoji to use when 

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Grateful55 said:

I have no clue

All good man, what do you mean though? To quote someone just highlight a bit of what they said, like above, or use the @ like you did for me just now

like this @Grateful55

Edited by Guest

I heard about that on investing.com and forgot about it I’m going to look it up and ya things are pry going to get a bit bumpy from here 

cheers mate 

Thanks I think I get that part it’s the trophy and the heart I’m not a fan of Facebook but the thumbs up they have is more my style lol 

Haha I see, well just use whatever you feel. People don't really use the red downvote thing unless the post was just like morally awful or propaganda nonsense etc.

Just give me lots of the purple trophies and all good   :) 

Right on I try not to hate so shouldn’t have a problem there and I got you man I’ll send some trophies your way lol.  I just read up on quadruple witching day and that explains a lot I’m still pretty new to trading if you couldn’t tell. I’ve only been in a few years and pretty much been just picking up bits and pieces here and there it’s been an expensive road so far 

26 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Just give me lots of the purple trophies and all good   :) 

Careful now, you are getting into shameless self-promotion, and I reserve that territory exclusively for me! 

36 minutes ago, Grateful55 said:

And sorry guys I have no clue which emoji to use when 

Feel free to improvise!  You can find the "enter emoji" image on the top bar of your "Respond" square, click on it, wait for the software to catch up to you, and about a thousand of the little monsters will show up, so scroll through and take whatever tickles your fancy. 

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

DayTrader, please don't tease the new members here.

@Grateful55, ya gotta watch out, that fellow Day Trader has a wicked sense of humour, plays itself out with serious jabs.   I promise to ride herd on him!  (At least, a little bit...)

Hey, Grateful55, welcome aboard!  Above all, do enjoy yourself.  I do try to remind the guys that this is a Professional Forum for INtellignet Discussion, so that is my overarching interest, as your Moderator.  Please do post, and especially any technical or personal working insights.  Cheers,  Jan van Eck, Moderator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey, Selvedina, and You are riding herd on Me!  :D

Someone has to

Then @CMOP watches @Selvedina

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Someone has to

Then @CMOP watches @Selvedina

This is all your fault, DT!  Now the place is turning into some KGB folly!  Everybody riding  herd on everybody!  (And now, to top it off, here comes another meme from Tom.  I can feel it in my bones, won't be long...)

@Grateful55 , you will notice that within seconds the chat is literally nothing to do with the thread title. 

This is pretty standard here. You will get used to this dynamic, trust me. Just go with it.

And yep, quadruple witching days can be crazy but pretty rare. 

P.S Jan is a huge fan of memes, he literally can't get enough of them, so Tom obliges. 

6 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

P.S Jan is a huge fan of memes, he literally can't get enough of them, so Tom obliges.

Day Trader is utterly merciless.....