Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Trump will capitulate on the trade war

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

In England alone (forget Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland) the budget for 2019 is £139.3 billion!

Don't worry Rob, we all do. It's ok to say it. 

Whose fault is it then that there is free movement? 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Rob Plant said:

Yes but free movement of people (EU migrants) who have paid no tax EVER have the right to access this free of charge from day 1 FACT!

My understanding is that you need to work or otherwise emigrate (for example through marriage) then they are entitled to benefits. And only then. 

Can you guide to some more info on this? 

3 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Sorry Rasmus, if you had free healthcare for all you could appreciate this point, but you dont,

See my above link - we have plenty of problems. And pay out way to many benefits.

4 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I agree if they pay for their treatment no problem, unfortunately they dont and never have done, so its a massive problem and may explain why so many people in the UK voted for Brexit.

I am fairly certain that most EU migrants in the UK are there to work.

8 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

So I can get on a plane today and have an operation on the Danish "Welfare System" totally free of charge?

If so it sounds like Denmark is as screwed as the UK

I'd advocate DEXIT to sort it out!

Just now, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I totally agree with you on this, however it still doesnt address the free healthcare issue.

By the way this isnt an EU issue its a UK parliament issue by not sorting it out- idiots the lot of them!

• Upvote 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Maybe Rob and I can ask the boatloads of people who cross the channel etc with no paperwork and are allowed to stay due to 'asylum' where I believe the first port should legally take them in.

You seriously think people come here to work Rasmus?!!  I don't.

Camps in Normandy like Rob just said.

Edited by Guest

Just now, DayTrader said:

Maybe Rob and I can ask the boatloads of people who cross the channel etc with no paperwork and are allowed to stay due to 'asylum' where I believe the first port should legally take them in.

they are NOT EU citizens. This is an enforcement issue of the Dublin convention. The EU proposed a solution whereby all legal asylum grantees would be distributed to the member states according to a per capita distribution key. It was nationalists in the European parliament that fougth this... If this proposal was made into law then that would solve a lot of issues.

BTW - look at how many asylum seekers there are in Italy... 

1 minute ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

BTW - look at how many asylum seekers there are in Italy... 

Theyre all mad in Italy!

(edited)

I see it everyday in articles.

Italy overrun, France losing identity, Germany where do I start, how was their election recently and current recession?, UK Brexit

Because Italy is even worse doesn't make it any better. It shows you where the EU is heading surely.

How do you know they're not EU citizens anyway? They arrive with no paperwork for a start.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

You seriously think people come here to work Rasmus?!!  I don't.

THERE IS NO EU REGULATION PREVENTING THE UK ENFORCING THE DUBLIN CONVENTION.

There are plenty of faulty EU projects to go after like the EURO or ECB or the moving between bruxelles and Strassbourg. But don't blame the EU for a broken UK system. it is NOT fair. 

I'm out. We've stopped with facts and are onto emotions. 

Good luck with Brexit.

Did I BLAME the EU in any sense??

Or did I say they don't come here for work?

8 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

THERE IS NO EU REGULATION PREVENTING THE UK ENFORCING THE DUBLIN CONVENTION.

There are plenty of faulty EU projects to go after like the EURO or ECB or the moving between bruxelles and Strassbourg. But don't blame the EU for a broken UK system. it is NOT fair. 

Rasmus I have stated on other threads and earlier on this one that it is numerous governments in the UK  who have failed to address our borders and subsequently immigration failures.

I disagree with DT on this and also that genuine migrants do just want a better standard of living and are prepared to work hard and pay taxes for this. I employ a few dozen and they are far more hard working than English guys as they want to prove a point.

The problem lies with the vast amount of illegal immigrants/migrants (again not the EU's fault) that flock into our country. Look at the recent 39 dead from Vietnam in the back of a lorry!

We just don't have the funds required to patrol our borders effectively, as I touched on before, the lure of free healthcare and the cost to the nation of this being abused are a double edged sword.

These migrant tragedies MUST stop!

We aren't on such a different page as you might think!

Respect your views, truthfully!

"Trump will capitulate on the trade war"

Not too sure how we got onto Brexit and immigration 😂

(edited)

I'm not saying EVERY person is here to abuse the system obviously. I know tons of them. And I never said once it's the EU's 'fault' they are here, I even asked genuinely about free movement. But I don't believe they just come for healthcare or even for work. Look up the stats of how many are kids for a start. Rasmus seems to think anything I say is blaming the EU. I don't know why.

Anyway, #EU bad.

🤣🤣🤣 

I thought we sorted geopolitics the other day, and this thread is about Trump and China just so you guys know. We don't have enough of those.

Haha you beat me to it Rob. Whatever the thread it will end up with Brexit or Trump.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Rasmus I have stated on other threads and earlier on this one that it is numerous governments in the UK  who have failed to address our borders and subsequently immigration failures.

I know. Sorry about the rant. 

(edited)

7 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Rasmus seems to think anything I say is blaming the EU. I don't know why.

I am like a lion with my defenseless cub... 

Edited by Rasmus Jorgensen
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Respect your views, truthfully!

likewise. 

2 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I know. Sorry about the rant. 

All cool mate!

EU great!

DT and Rob bad!

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Sorry about the rant. 

PFF you need rant lessons, and no I don't teach, before you ask. It's a natural talent.

Edited by Guest

Just now, DayTrader said:

PFF you need rant lessons,

I am just a naive millenial that want to preserve the society / community that I grew up in for my kids. To me the best vehicle to do is the EU, a reformed EU of course.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Ok lovely, but how do you realistically see it getting reformed mate, seriously? 

From what I can see it's 1 country after the other slowly developing problems? Maybe I'm exaggerating them, or it's because I watch Bloomberg all day so I just see doom and gloom, whereas it may be no worse crisis/news wise than Europe was years ago (when I wasn't watching all day). But all I see is bad - monetarily, migration, etc.

I blame Juncker.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

You have to admit: the First Lady is one fine-looking woman!

P.S.:  every President needs an immigrant for a wife!  Sets a good example for welcoming the immigrants....

Well Jan, if all the illegal immigrants looked like the first lady I humbly submit that illegal immigration would have NEVER been an issue!😂

• Haha 1

(edited)

No shit. This conversation would not be happening.

It would actually be about the title.

What that says about my morals I'm not sure but it's probably not good ...

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Ok lovely, but how do you realistically see it getting reformed mate, seriously? 

Brexit first. Then

1) EU starts taking action that citizens can feel. Like taking on big tech; dealing with tax fraud etc. Doing somehting about outer borders. 

2) EU tells "new EU" to either get in line or leave the Union