Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MS

Peaceful demonstration in Hong Kong again thwarted by brutality of police

Another day, another peaceful demonstration, another horrible police brutality.

It is a miracle that nobody was killed yet.

image.thumb.jpeg.b666e090c0c3b01d1f3e46246fe56683.jpeg

image.jpeg.9f3318c0a88323958a9c3ee34120527b.jpeg

image.jpeg.570be7e7d85ac0a643ec381c100ac92c.jpeg

image.jpeg.0477aecef44bab0e246f11b577ce4325.jpeg

image.jpeg.925c80f3b109c91a1cfd5d2e16921727.jpeg

image.jpeg.a3381cc90dea28a326f7f9051f49cbff.jpeg

image.jpeg.c231b23aa504a376f009c03ba82df958.jpeg

image.jpeg.fb017641d01ad7460c0455f3a9a9fee8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b0e8195694e8e3b4806faa63e78c9954.jpeg

Answer yourself 1 question:

What would be the reaction of police on such situation repeated 100 times ? If it would be on Times Square, Trafalgar Square, under Eiffel Tower.

• Upvote 1

this doesn't appear to be very "peaceful",  did the police do all this damage/>?!?

2 hours ago, Elijah Marks said:

this doesn't appear to be very "peaceful",  did the police do all this damage/>?!?

No these was done by demonstrators. But Hong Kong has different perception of peaceful and when it is everyday like in this pictures Hong Kongers get used to this, business as usual. Half of the tourists already choosen different destinations so long-term it actually helps with congestion.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

14 hours ago, Marcin said:

What would be the reaction of police on such situation repeated 100 times ? If it would be on Times Square, Trafalgar Square, under Eiffel Tower.

It wouldn't get to 100 times as they'd be listened to. 

Is this where we can all say the photos are fake and funded by China?

Edited by Guest

350,000 protesters still at weekend after all this time ...

Hmm ...

I have no doubt that there is violence, but from what I have seen the vast majority of the protest is non-violent.

I am guessing that Marcin, and the pro-China media, is ‘cherry picking’ what they want you to see.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes he is trying to be sarcastic while ignoring convenient facts. That seems to be some people's thing here.

#diversion

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I have no doubt that there is violence, but from what I have seen the vast majority of the protest is non-violent.

I am guessing that Marcin, and the pro-China media, is ‘cherry picking’ what they want you to see.

1. I am not pro-Chinese, it is offensive to call somebody pro-Chinese in respect of human rights violations.

2. All these pictures are copy past from yesterday's protest article from SCMP.  SCMP is owned by Alibaba, but my take is they have balanced view: present all the opinions, also a lot of anti CCP opinions & have far better insight than any other large media outlets. What shocked me yesterday was a video from SCMP of protester throwing petrol bomb from viaduct on a group of policemen, they were suddenly engulfed in flames, but managed to escape from fire.

3. Morally I am totally with Hong Kongers, they have the right to live a good life and decide about themselves in democratic election. Although I also think major cause of their protests is about the fact that poorer half of Hong Kongers live in 3rd world living conditions, worse than inmates in majority of EU jails. So they want to decide about themselves as desperate about living conditions.

4. But pragmatically I do not think that China will allow them to achieve any of their requirements. They can protest like this for 10 years, destroy own economy and achieve nothing. I also think China will keep status quo and will not intervene militarily. Status quo is best decision for Chinese long-term global interests.

5. I have seen many various peaceful or violent demonstrations, read about it, actually demonstrations were instrumental in bringing democracy to my country when I was teenager. In every massive peaceful demonstration there are elements that have different agenda, that want violence. And massive peaceful demonstrations in my country had own "demonstrators police" made of protesters, but organized/chosen before protest. These very calm, not armed, but capable persons were careful to ensure peace, non-violence, defended protesters from any rogue elements. Many times secret police in plain cloth posed as part of demonstration and organized provocations, tried to vandalize property, beat pedestrians etc. And the "demonstrators police" acted quickly to protect people and the legitimacy of protest. Provocators were aprehended by protestors themselves, they were identified. In the future people would not allow these provocators to even join demonstrations.

6. I do not see this "demonstrators police" in Hong Kong. Beijing could not be more happy as violent-terrorist like minority destroys moral legitimacy of millions protesting in peace.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Alibaba has a balanced view...!😂

Read what I have written. South China Morning Post. If you know media with better coverage of Hong Kong please tell me this information, I would happily switch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

Read what I have written. South China Morning Post. If you know media with better coverage of Hong Kong please tell me this information, I would happily switch.

I did read it again...same response. SCMP will put whatever spin on events or coverage that Alibaba directs.

18 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I did read it again...same response. SCMP will put whatever spin on events or coverage that Alibaba directs.

Are you aware SCMP website is blocked in China?  Kinda puts a different spin on your allegation, no?  

photos are fake and funded by China?1?? (hardly)  I guess you dont understand  where real news comes from now?  

4 minutes ago, Elijah Marks said:

photos are fake and funded by China?1?? (hardly)  I guess you dont understand  where real news comes from now?  

Hahaah it's a joke buddy. If anyone posts PRO HK stuff here it is accused of being fake/just a snapshot/propaganda/funded by USA and photoshopped .... however when THEY post it is meant to be taken as completely undisputable fact. I get bored of their hypocrisy, as hilarious as it is.

That was my point. If I had posted the above and the photos were protesters and not police they would suggest the photoshop route etc. Like the thousands of people carrying American flags and hundreds of photos I've posted here.

''Oh that's just a snapshot in time. HK loves China...''

Yep. Ok. Keep telling yourself that. What's it been now, 5 months?

Hope this clarifies. 

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

Are you aware SCMP website is blocked in China?

I love how casually this is said. Tells you everything. 

11 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Not really. Who owns Alibaba?

Jack Ma, the King of alleged soft (which does not exist) and enlightened (which does exist in French absolutist Lous XIV style) side of Chinese CCP. I see your point.

But apart from ban on Winne the Pooh or directly laughing at Xi Jingping they are objective. At their comment section at each article you can freely attack and uncover dirties of CCP.

Guys read points 5. and 6. of my rant.

I know that narrative here is that Hong Kongers have to be brutal because CCP understands only raw power and that police was first and their use of force is excessive. But at the end of the day, nobody even guys that call it riots would have courage to discredit protests if there would be 1 peaceful massive protest every 2 weeks, which is not the case.

At SCMP there are daily reports like: xx arson attacks, xxx destroyed ATMs, xx petrol bombs thrown, xx Metro stations closed because vandalized, xxxxxx were late for work this week because major roads, tunnels blocked and xxx rubber bullets shot, xxx gas grenates shot by police.

xx is 10-99

xxx is 100-999

xxxxxx is 100000-999999

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Marcin said:

But apart from ban on Winne the Pooh

The important stuff ... LOL Big Bro doesn't do jokes, or 'direct laughing' it seems. 

A smile is not droid - like I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Marcin said:

which is not the case.

Then listen to them? 

''5 conditions, not 1 less''. Could have been over months ago. What they're asking for is not mindblowing impossible stuff. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Marcin said:

I know that narrative here is that Hong Kongers have to be brutal because CCP understands only raw power and that police was first and their use of force is excessive. But at the end of the day, nobody even guys that call it riots would have courage to discredit protests if there would be 1 peaceful massive protest every 2 weeks, which is not the case.

At SCMP there are daily reports like: xx arson attacks, xxx destroyed ATMs, xx petrol bombs thrown, xx Metro stations closed because vandalized, xxxxxx were late for work this week because major roads, tunnels blocked and xxx rubber bullets shot, xxx gas grenates shot by police.

xx is 10-99

xxx is 100-999

xxxxxx is 100000-999999

It gives impression that 2 sides are equal, eclipses and shadows the power of silent majority that wants changes but at the same time loaths at this level of violence.

3 minutes ago, Marcin said:

xx is 10-99

xxx is 100-999

xxxxxx is 100000-999999

I see your point, bit wouldn’t you say that the vast majority of the protest is non-violent?

(edited)

5 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

The important stuff ... LOL Big Bro doesn't do jokes, or 'direct laughing' it seems. 

A smile is not droid - like I guess. 

This Winne the Pooh stuff is a serious and powerful thing pro Chinese nation but against absolute Xi Jinping, Mao like cult.

I remember that during communist times in Poland the were thousands of political jokes, the best way to discredit evil, pompous power is to laugh at it.

But my second thought is Xi Jinping is not Winne the Pooh, by comparison with this warm and tender teddy bear, Xi receives positive PR. But as long as CCP bans Winne the Pooh it means good job done.

Edited by Marcin

Do not forget Xi like Putin are sociopaths, tough guys a'la Corleone, hardened in their youth, nothing like Trump WASP breed, born with silver spoon in their mouth.

(edited)

If Xi was tough and hardened he would be able to take a joke, or shall we say allow one. Someone mocks up a picture of him looking like a bear and the bear is banned LOL. The guy is a joke. Anyone can and will now make even more pictures, as Tom has just proved with Xi made to look like Jabba the Hut. It goes to show what is important to this clown / gimp. Anything that doesn't fit the sick narrative, meh just ban it. Sorted. 

No mocking or opinion, 2+2=5 ..., but more tanks please. Ooh China anniversary... here is a tank, and another, and another, and another... look everyone at our military, this is who we are. Confucius would be proud I'm sure.

Making up for centuries of humiliation. Get over it. No one cares. 

#warispeace #winnielikeswinstons

Edited by Guest