Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SC

Science: Only correct if it fits the popular narrative

Image result for jelly

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Poking Jello to get intelligent answers tends to be pretty pointless.  Your results may vary.

tenor.gif.b5ae6b00f363b187232616b483201876.gif

Youd think I'd learn my lesson eventually.... but caught me with a massive headache and I poked...

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Worse it's an appeal to his own authority, which is worse than appealing to a commonly respected authority, like Nature.

You're really going to egg him on?

(Do you really believe nature still has any prestige? If so, what circles do you run in? Honestly interested.)

24 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Image result for jelly

I poked. Going to try and avoid repoking)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Otis11 said:

I poked. Going to try and avoid repoking)

That would be a wise move as you seem to not be able to present an argument, despite claiming time and again you are open to one.

• Downvote 2

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Otis11 said:

(Do you really believe nature still has any prestige? If so, what circles do you run in? Honestly interested.)

Nothing that would get into Nature or Cell...  Journal of Chromatography B or Environmental letters type stuff - and even then not as a lead author. I would get listed in the "special thanks" section. LOL

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-chromatography-b

https://iopscience.iop.org/journal/1748-9326

I just have B.Sc in Chemistry and did analytical chemistry mostly for legal purposes / prosecution (CEPA, Fisheries Act) and laboratory support of environmental research. We also provided analytical support to the toxicology laboratory that worked mostly with testing industrial effluents on fingerling rainbow trout.

I got to run in some interesting circles / meetings, and go to conferences, but was small-game in the scientific field.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-enforcement/notifications.html

I am now retired / trading / just living off investments / my mom will die will die before that runs out and I will inherit more / tinder sugar babe. LOL

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Just happened to read that offline.

And THERES the very evident women issues / mother issues I mentioned.

Thanks for proving my points every few minutes.

Cheers. 

image.png.68f204f5a6826fd4c9d07b4191343f43.png

#freud

Edited by Guest

(edited)

1 hour ago, Otis11 said:

I poked. Going to try and avoid repoking

Good call.

Me too.

#wobble

image.png.b2534599afa21b29d53ffef0f4539210.png

#nda

Take care. The master is moving on.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, remake it said:

That would be a wise move as you seem to not be able to present an argument, despite claiming time and again you are open to one.

Jello is a good name for you, and getting you to actually think is precisely as easy as nailing jello to a tree.  

17 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Jello is a good name for you, and getting you to actually think is precisely as easy as nailing jello to a tree.  

If you cannot put up an argument you do as others here who are as weak as you do and that is attack the poster instead, but it only serves to diminish any further contributions you choose to make.

• Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

11 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

I certainly hope that tournament wasn't in Vegas! Just sayin

Yeah he went with Enthalpic 

they’re best buddies

4 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Ward, Remake it is an AI bot 

if you interact with it then it is winning, there is clearly no point doing so as it will just leave you frustrated

just my opinion of course, up to you if you carry on

• Haha 1

(edited)

The problem with political arguments is there's no consequences for screwing up.  A person can be terrible at predicting political events, but because there's no consequence if they get it wrong, they never have to change their thinking habits as long as they can find some reasonable justification or excuse for why they got it wrong.  Most political debates are just dogmatism, writ large.

The markets are a lot less forgiving.  While you can lie to others about how much money you made or lost, you won't be able to lie to yourself or your broker because your statement balance is always right there in big bold green letters to see.  You're either right, and make money, or you're wrong and you lose it.  I prefer debates over the direction of stocks to debates over politics because unlike in politics all debates in the market are eventually settled with a clear winner and loser for all to see.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

I prefer debates over the direction of stocks to debates over politics because unlike in politics all debates in the market are eventually settled with a clear winner and loser for all to see.  

This thread is about science... in case you want to edit your above comments?

• Downvote 1

(edited)

No, this debate is about politics.  It was never about science.  Most of the people arguing about science have limited interest in science except as a political club to beat others with.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

No, this debate is about politics.  It was never about science.  Most of the people arguing about science have limited interest in science except as a political club to beat others with.  

Oh, ok, so what do we tell the polar bears?

8 hours ago, remake it said:

If you had a brain cell...it would be lonely.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, remake it said:

They need to shed more and quicker until this climate thing blows over...

(edited)

If you want to talk about how climate affects weather patterns, talk to meteorologists/ professional natural gas traders.  HFIR, Bluegold, etc. They actually have something on the line (either reputation or money or both).  No one here is like that.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

3 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

If you want to talk about how climate affects weather patterns, talk to meteorologists/ professional natural gas traders.  HFIR, Bluegold, etc. They actually have something on the line (either reputation or money or both).  No one here is like that.  

Right, natural gas traders are, by default, climate experts and have an unbiased opinion.

4 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

If you want to talk about how climate affects weather patterns....

It's actually the other way around, but that can be left to those wishing to bear the consequences.

(edited)

I ain't, but a lot of them are "climate experts".  They're basically amateur meteorologists spending 2-6 hours a day sifting through weather models, which even I find weird.

EDIT: Such as, for example, this person.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4307216-natural-gas-massive-weather-model-divergence-presents-excellent-trading-setup

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 2

(edited)

So, for those of you interested in a discussion about climate, here's my question:

1.  Will there be positive or negative Arctic Oscillation?

2.  Will the Jet Stream be disrupted by the weather in Siberia/high northern Pacific ocean temperatures leading to giant polar vortexes slamming into the Midwest/Eastern seaboard? 

Give me your opinion on these matters.  I'm not much of a meteorologist, so frankly I have no clue.  I would like to however hear your opinions on these matters and the rationale behind it.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

15 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

So, for those of you interested in a discussion about climate, here's my question:

1.  Will there be positive or negative Arctic Oscillation?

2.  Will the Jet Stream be disrupted by the weather in Siberia/high northern Pacific ocean temperatures leading to giant polar vortexes slamming into the Midwest/Eastern seaboard? 

Save getting opinions and read Judah Cohen's blog.

1 hour ago, remake it said:

It doesn’t really matter as they won’t understand!

are you a polar bear as well?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

It doesn’t really matter as they won’t understand!

are you a polar bear as well?

image.png.61810e1796606276678bfba32cc87a0c.png