Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NASA - ''Ozone Hole Is Now The Smallest On Record''

You need to offer a  counterexplanation. 

No, actually I do not. You have covered the issue to your own satisfaction, and that is good enough for me.

PS: As you previously alluded to, I have serious shortcomings when it comes to reading and interpreting scientific data. Why would you possibly want me to waste your valuable time with some silly counter-explanation?

2 hours ago, NickW said:

You keep stating with an air of authority

Pot kettle black?

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Pot kettle black?

Yes but at least my 'authority' is based open large quantities of scientific research that passes the scientific theory test😉

3 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You need to offer a  counterexplanation. 

No, actually I do not. You have covered the issue to your own satisfaction, and that is good enough for me.

PS: As you previously alluded to, I have serious shortcomings when it comes to reading and interpreting scientific data. Why would you possibly want me to waste your valuable time with some silly counter-explanation?

I am happy to be proven wrong - but would like to see the evidence

I have attempted to follow this thread, because it is of interest to me. However, though I have a pretty good grounding in science, I can't follow all this stuff without studying for a day or two. One thing I did understand was the Paris Accord--which popped up repeatedly in the midst of these pertinent but esoteric discussions. The Paris Accord is worth exploring. At the turn of the century, politicians in Europe came to a dazzling formulation: their cities were becoming more polluted and their fuel more expensive. Diesel was 40% less expensive than plain petro. They engineered a crowdsourced dash to diesel automobiles--by handing out large tax incentives. By 2011, 55% of all European vehicles were diesel. Someone in Europe tumbled to the idea of NOX. By 2016, the year of enactment of the Paris Accord, the use of diesel automobiles in Europe had fallen all the way down to . . . 50%. They might still be there had it not been for the fact that VW somehow got the cockeyed notion that they could install a Black Magic switch in its electronics that would give exemplary emission tests when run idling--which turned out to be a deadman switch for VW. So all these geniuses--192 countries--that had pushed diesels for the last decade and a half, even though a child could see that the Paris Opera House was becoming blacker each year from soot, suddenly issued a new paradigm for emissions. It rattles my ribcage that they wanted every automobile in the world converted to an EV, yet they more or less ignored the amazing degree of pollution incurred by oceangoing freighters. If it is true that the 15 largest freighters emit the same NOX and SOX as all 760 million automobiles on earth, then consider for a moment what changing over 60,000 freighters from 3.5% bunker fuel to low sulfur fuel will do. My gosh, it's like converting all the world's automobiles to EV in one day! I'm quite sure there are some well-intentioned scientists involved with the Paris Accord, but again, where were these people when millions of German-made diesel automobiles were spewing out their deadly fumes in the close confines of European cities . . . and all over the world? The IMO-2020 is potentially the greatest environmental "fix" in the history of time: this is a huge thing that's coming. The Paris Accord was and is a joke. The MARPOL mandate is the real deal.

• Great Response! 1

3 minutes ago, NickW said:

Yes but at least my 'authority' is based open large quantities of scientific research that passes the scientific theory test😉

I didn't say it wasn't, I'm no expert on the topic, but don't accuse people of being authoritarian when you are equally as guilty!

Respect each others opinion is all i'm saying

4 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I didn't say it wasn't, I'm no expert on the topic, but don't accuse people of being authoritarian when you are equally as guilty!

Respect each others opinion is all i'm saying

Many of the claims on here are getting into the realms of - the Moon is made of green Cheese