3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

You seem to have Trump confused with the Clintons, who famously bought that house in New York and "rented" the guest house to the Secret Service for double what the mortgage payment was. THAT'S called taxpayer expense. But CDS isn't a thang, only TDS 

I didn't say the Clinton's didn't do bad stuff too.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

I would love to hear the details of US taxes from Jan.  In Canada if your employer even gives you a company vehicle and gas card that is a taxable benefit.

Serious question, can executives reduce their salary - and therefore their income tax - and then just have the company pay for everything they eat, drink, and use (cars, planes, housing)?

Yes I know all presidents get that stuff for free but most spend more time in the white house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

Serious question, can executives reduce their salary - and therefore their income tax - and then just have the company pay for everything they eat, drink, and use (cars, planes, housing)?

But of course.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

So it's gone from 'corrupt' to 'shady' within minutes LOL. He is not in jail is he? No. That suggests to me nothing illegal. Your mileage may vary. 

Every politician in global history has been a saint and never lied about anything ever, you're right. Everyone until Trump. You don't see a slight hypocrisy or double standard in your thinking at all? I don't ever see you mentioning leaders round the world that are literally evil. You are obsessed with Trump and fake news. Who is this hero you would be voting for next year to take the USA forward just out of interest? 

Stop being bitter just because Trudeau has the personality of a cheese sandwich.

Most crimes don't put you in jail... and he has been found guilty of some.

Ok, nothing worth going on about then.

Certainly not for 3 years.

(edited)

2 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Ok, nothing worth going on about then.

Certainly not for 3 years.

But it all keeps coming in... the trump foundation verdict is new news.

I disliked trump well before he became a politician... reality TV star LOL... #Joke

Edited by Enthalpic

7 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Disagree.  If you think they just left his 5th avenue place and the Florida resort untouched then you are delusional.  Guaranteed the secret service retrofitted those places with additional security features at taxpayer expense.

They did not.  The house at 5th avenue, which is a personal residence over two floors, is untouched by the secret service.   It is true that apparently the secret service rented space in the floors directly above and below the Trump residence, and made that arrangement with the corporate owner of the building  (The Trump Organization), but that was because the s.s. is paranoid about the idea that crazy leftists are going to build massive truck bombs in there to blow up Mr. and Mrs. Trump.  I think it is delusional, but a lot of what the secret service does is delusional.  [Then again, the crazy leftists just might do that, so hey, sometimes better safe than sorry.]

OK, the resort at Boca Raton got a checkpoint sentry box and  lift gate.  Feel better?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I disliked trump well before he became a politician... reality TV star LOL... #Joke

What you do not seem to grasp is that the American people really do not much care if some Canadian "disliked Trump."  it is just not interesting to them.  Put bluntly, the US choices for elected administrators of US internal matters are not something that Canadians are entitled to go complain about.  You can go comment all you want and complain to the Edmonton Star and even the National Post, but so what?  The Americans don't care about your political preferences.  Mr. Trump got elected, Mrs. Clinton got rejected, end of that story. 

• Great Response! 2

2 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

They did not.  The house at 5th avenue, which is a personal residence over two floors, is untouched by the secret service.   It is true that apparently the secret service rented space in the floors directly above and below the Trump residence, and made that arrangement with the corporate owner of the building  (The Trump Organization), but that was because the s.s. is paranoid about the idea that crazy leftists are going to build massive truck bombs in there to blow up Mr. and Mrs. Trump.  I think it is delusional, but a lot of what the secret service does is delusional.  [Then again, the crazy leftists just might do that, so hey, sometimes better safe than sorry.]

OK, the resort at Boca Raton got a checkpoint sentry box and  lift gate.  Feel better?

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."

Plenty of people hate him

13 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Most crimes don't put you in jail... and he has been found guilty of some.

Give it a rest.  A sitting American President cannot even be charged with a crime, much less convicted of one.  Your ideas that Mr. Trump has been "found guilty" of crimes is a delusional fantasy of your mind.  Has not happened, and is not going to happen.  The US legal system does not provide for that.  Period. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

What you do not seem to grasp is that the American people really do not much care if some Canadian "disliked Trump."  it is just not interesting to them.  Put bluntly, the US choices for elected administrators of US internal matters are not something that Canadians are entitled to go complain about.  You can go comment all you want and complain to the Edmonton Star and even the National Post, but so what?  The Americans don't care about your political preferences.  Mr. Trump got elected, Mrs. Clinton got rejected, end of that story. 

What you fail to grasp is that I don't care about what the American people think about me or my posts. :Cheers:

I have opinions, like everyone, mine are just superior to most.

(edited)

11 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Plenty of people hate him

Apparently including you.  And, from what I can glean of it, that long list (of Americans you hate) seems to include George Bush, and probably his father George Bush also.  Question for you: have you ever even met any of these people?  Have you had a beer with George Bush?  Have you played golf with Mr. Trump?  Had lunch?   You might want to address your hate antipathies to people who both you know to be real bastards, and deserving of scorn, and whom you have been aggrieved by.  I rather doubt any American politician, for that matter any American period, has actually personally aggrieved you.  Yet you seem so angry towards Americans.  It is baffling. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
scrivener error
  • Great Response! 2

2 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Give it a rest.  A sitting American President cannot even be charged with a crime, much less convicted of one.  Your ideas that Mr. Trump has been "found guilty" of crimes is a delusional fantasy of your mind.  Has not happened, and is not going to happen.  The US legal system does not provide for that.  Period. 

Okay a judge recently found he violated his "fiduciary duty to the foundation"

It is still wrongdoing.

3 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I have opinions, like everyone, mine are just superior to most.

Sadly, your political opinions, at least of Americans, are mired in fantasy delusions.  Make it an effort to get to know an influential American, such as a politician or executive, and see what they are like.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  You certainly will have your illusions shattered.  Americans are actually quite nice people, in the main. 

• Great Response! 3

''Plenty of people hate him''

Oh well case closed. You agree with fake news, we settled it. 

''When you find yourself on the side of the majority it is time to pause and reflect'' - Mark Twain.

Hint - you are in the majority. But hey Twain was American so you probably have an issue with him too. 

Opinions, by definition, cannot be superior to others'. They can however be full of delusion and national inadequacies. 

Cheers. 

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Sadly, your political opinions, at least of Americans, are mired in fantasy delusions.  Make it an effort to get to know an influential American, such as a politician or executive, and see what they are like.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  You certainly will have your illusions shattered.  Americans are actually quite nice people, in the main. 

We certainly have different viewpoints - I'm not in your circles, wealth or connections wise. I may be wrong but I still feel I am closer to the truth than the average dumbass who thinks some rich doofus is actually looking out for them

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

national inadequacies. 

You guys love to mention I'm Canadian... like in every post as if it's relevant.  Even from people who don't live in the states themselves....

I can comment on trump because his actions effect me. As much as I dislike it, the POTUS has a ton of power.

Edited by Enthalpic

image.jpeg.ae1afd1eb86b190ddfdd537b5dba2194.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I can comment on trump because his actions effect me

In all candor, I find that hard to believe.  A US President does not control what goes on in Edmonton, Alberta, any more than he controls what goes on in Moncton, New Brunswick.  

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

image.jpeg.ae1afd1eb86b190ddfdd537b5dba2194.jpeg

Canadian politics is very strange.  I would counsel you not to attempt to comprehend it, you will end up with a spinning head. 

Even the Canadians cannot figure out Canadian politics.  The sole exception seems to be that the Western Provinces do not much like the Quebeckers, and vice versa.  Other than that, it is all a mystery inside an enigma, wrapped in a riddle. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Hence they go on about Trump ...

#cheesesandwich

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

Even from people who don't live in the states themselves....

This is what we call ironic.  #obsessedwithtrump.com

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

Hence they go on about Trump ...

#cheesesandwich

This is what we call ironic.  #obsessedwithtrump.com

You are more obsessed with trump and also not a yank. Obsessive love is still obsession. 

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

In all candor, I find that hard to believe.  A US President does not control what goes on in Edmonton, Alberta, any more than he controls what goes on in Moncton, New Brunswick.  

Perhaps, but many here think he controls the world - maybe that is rubbing off.

Say it for the loud for the masses, the POTUS isn't your new god! :)

(edited)

43 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

You are more obsessed with trump and also not a yank. Obsessive love is still obsession. 

Good one. More of that infamous Canadian humour. I'm not obsessed with him, I will just defend anyone from bullshit, bias and fake news. What's your reasoning for 90% of your comments on the forum being about Trump, whatever the thread is about? I'm guessing jealousy.

I didn't realise a European can't have views about Trump. Unless they are Jan and live there? Just wanna check what your warped rules are. If you border the USA you can moan about him for 3 years, but if in Europe no opinions allowed? 

Your prime minister has no personality and takes his policies from a teenage girl it seems. Don't be bitter though. It's understandable but boring.

And yes, I hope UK and USA have an even stronger bond in a few years so 'his actions effect me' too. 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I didn't say the Clinton's didn't do bad stuff too.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

I would love to hear the details of US taxes from Jan.  In Canada if your employer even gives you a company vehicle and gas card that is a taxable benefit.

Yes I know all presidents get that stuff for free but most spend more time in the white house.

Trump doesn't keep his $400k per year salary. He offered to work for free but there's a law requiring the president to be paid, so he immediately donates his entire salary to the Veterans. Your argument is that he's avoiding income tax? Really? TDS to the extreme. 

Presidents receive $100k to redecorate the White House. Trump spent $1.75million out of his own pocket. That's more than he'd make if he WERE collecting and keeping his salary. Explain the crime again cause I'm losing you here. EVERY President gets food etc paid for while in office. You think that's something that should be taxed? Good lord. 

This President has accomplished more, under greater duress than every President before him, period. Could he do more? Sure if he didn't have to deal with Demoncrats fighting him every step of the way. If his staff weren't attacked in restaurants, theaters and elsewhere in public by paid democrat provocateurs. They're evil, pure and simple. But they've got YOU in their corner, so what does that make you

• Great Response! 2

(edited)

20 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Trump doesn't keep his $400k per year salary

Yep, gives it away. I never hear this kinda stuff on the news, it's weird.

Explain the crime again cause I'm losing you here

You are definitely not alone.

But they've got YOU in their corner, so what does that make you

A sheep. And Canadian. And dare I say a little slow.

Really? TDS to the extreme. 

Ya think??? 

This President has accomplished more, under greater duress than every President before him, period.

DING!  ... ''But what about the wall?''  Yawn...

image.png.abf0d440260f332c26ca516da23ae96a.png

Edited by Guest