8 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Haha. Umm ... ok, sorry Marcin  ;) 

@Jan van Eck , no more stewardess comments, jokes or references please. They do not fit in with Marcin's obsession with China and there is no place for humour here, as the stewardesses are irrelevant to all lives but mine. American planes are also a no go. 

I had no idea that what we should be discussing is China on a thread about ''IMPEACHMENT''. I was mistaken. It appears @Papillon is correct and we need a thread or 2 more dominated with China ... 

Really mate? You kept that quiet ...

Remember I am an English bot so will dish out sarcasm at an alarming rate.

By the way Marcin, how many stewardesses does the USA and China each have? What are the stats?  ;)  x

I suspect that it is your obsession with China that caused this projection.

I was trying to sound conciliatory. This was just after another outburst of anger by you know whom.

I also like Airbus, (never again Bombardier, experience with black smoke coming off the left engine, 3 meters from my seat, 30 seconds before take off, is unforgettable) recently even more than Boeing, but I understand your fondness of stewardesses, with their beauty and at the same time sense of authority with this uniforms.

Presence at this forum is just leisure time for me, I am stealing from my family, if not writing in metro (the tube, subway).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, remake it said:

There are frameworks for international cooperation at many levels and we should have aspired for the most powerful players to be role models but instead have seen the USA in particular act unilaterally to defy them at its discretion thereby giving China the power of precedent to destroy this hope.

I know that you are smarter in general knowledge, economy and geopolitics than most of guys here but please do not toy with me like you do with them.

You understand more than I do that China needs to bide its time. In 30-40 years when China will be as strong in comparison to US, as US is currently to Japan (please Americans visualize changing places with Japanese) it will speak differently, it is natural for the storngest to act like strongest.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marcin said:

You understand more than I do that China needs to bide its time. In 30-40 years when China will be as strong in comparison to US, as US is currently to Japan (please Americans visualize changing places with Japanese) it will speak differently, it is natural for the storngest to act like strongest.

I think barring internal disasters within China this is highly likely.

I like your timescale as well Marcin. Mostly the hegemony change has been mooted as being imminent ie within 10 years which I disagree with strongly, it will be as you say 30-40 years.

Fortunately I will either be dead or in an old people's home drinking through a straw in my incontinent pants when this happens, so I wont give a sh*t by then.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Fortunately I will either be dead or in an old people's home drinking through a straw in my incontinent pants when this happens, so I wont give a sh*t by then.

Sadly, I or my kids won't. Hence my wish for international cooperation. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Surely you should be happy Rasmus?

C'mon man cheer up!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Remember I am an English bot so will dish out sarcasm at an alarming rate.

Sounds like 2 scoops for Trump being dished out.  Here, have an Australian robot dishing out ice cream.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Surely you should be happy Rasmus?

C'mon man cheer up!

I am generally of a good spirit and mood. But discussing geo-pol trends and looking ahead makes me vary... 

I think @Dan Warnick & @Jan van Eck and others are right that Americans don't really care. However, I think there is a lot of truth to @Marcins analysis. And that means that at some point we all have to care. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I am 43 so I do not bother about the future the same as Rob, but to my children, and I hope grandchildren it would matter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I am generally of a good spirit and mood. But discussing geo-pol trends and looking ahead makes me vary... 

I think @Dan Warnick & @Jan van Eck and others are right that Americans don't really care. However, I think there is a lot of truth to @Marcins analysis. And that means that at some point we all have to care. 

Don't despair Rasmus I'm sure the 2 guys you reference care, but I get their point about the average blue collar worker in Mid- America not caring what the EU is up to as it currently doesn't affect them in any way so why would they??

If it had no bearing on you or your family would it matter to you?

"Look after your own first and then worry about others" I think this is just another way of Trump saying "Make America great again" don't you?

I think if you have a genuine interest in making the world a better place then you do care and are interested, as many on this forum are or they wouldn't bother commenting. It doesn't however mean you have to believe in certain failing organisations such as WTO, NATO, EU, UN etc these need reforming and have proper repercussions for countries that flaunt the rules, to be worthwhile.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, Marcin said:

I suspect that it is your obsession with China that caused this projection.

MY obsession ???  I think this may be the most ironic thing I've ever read here mate 🤣

A load of Americans who are in a trade war with them don't even care, why would I? Because I find the Orwell connections and stuff fascinating? Because I care about my fellow man even though I've not met them? Yeah I'm a nightmare like that.

China has NO bearing on my life whatsoever. My stats said a 0% give a shit rate  ;)  But I care about people. 

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

but I get their point about the average blue collar worker in Mid- America not caring what the EU is up to as it currently doesn't affect them in any way so why would they??

I hear you Rob but I can't help feeling stuff like horrific events in Iran or China or SA doesn't personally ''affect anyone here in any way'' either, but people still care, or should, or are certainly very opinionated about them considering it doesn't affect them. At the same time though, the EU? It is pretty boring, it's just that you and Rasmus have an unhealthy obsession with it. 

50 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

"Look after your own first and then worry about others" I think this is just another way of Trump saying "Make America great again" don't you?

Funny you mention this.  In our house it is immediate family first.  Take care of things there and then we can move on to non-immediate family (relatives of my wife and I), then on to our close friends and colleagues, then on to our neighborhood, onto our local community, you get the idea.  

Trump's slogan is about taking care of U.S. citizens before taking care of any other countries, and/or their citizens.  That's what got him elected.  I believe if Trump had not come along emphasizing this one goal, we'd be stuck with the same old same old, Republican or Democrat.  People were so ready for somebody to give a shxt about the citizens that pay the taxes before sending funds and opportunities to other countries.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Trump's slogan is about taking care of U.S. citizens before taking care of any other countries, and/or their citizens.  That's what got him elected.

Yep that's my point exactly Dan.

I think every country tries to take care of its own first and foremost and then looks outwardly. Failure to do this means you don't get elected!

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

33 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Trump's slogan is about taking care of U.S. citizens before taking care of any other countries, and/or their citizens.  That's what got him elected.  I believe if Trump had not come along emphasizing this one goal, we'd be stuck with the same old same old, Republican or Democrat.  People were so ready for somebody to give a shxt about the citizens that pay the taxes before sending funds and opportunities to other countries.

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

If it had no bearing on you or your family would it matter to you?

I get this. I think we are talking past each other as the point I am getting across is difference between longterm and short-term goals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I get this. I think we are talking past each other as the point I am getting across is difference between longterm and short-term goals. 

And therein lies the argument, right?  Speaking for myself, I will take care of problems within my home first and somewhere down the line, way down the line, I might consider listening to what the snake oil salesmen (women, children, whatever) are trying to sell me about what IS GOING TO HAPPEN(!) 50, 100, 150 years from now.  And parting with my money in the same order.

I don't waste resources in my home or in my life any more than I absolutely have to in my day to day life because I can't afford to (says everyone everywhere).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

And therein lies the argument, right? 

agree. 

2 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Speaking for myself, I will take care of problems within my home first and somewhere down the line, way down the line, I might consider listening to what the snake oil salesmen (women, children, whatever) are trying to sell me about what IS GOING TO HAPPEN(!) 50, 100, 150 years from now.  And parting with my money in the same order.

Fair enough and appreciate the point of view. I just don't see the world like that, but unfortunately I don't have time longer better reply. All I can say is that I view the longterm rather than the present. This might have something to do with having small kids.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

agree. 

Fair enough and appreciate the point of view. I just don't see the world like that, but unfortunately I don't have time longer better reply. All I can say is that I view the longterm rather than the present. This might have something to do with having small kids.. 

Or it might have to do with the fact that you have achieved sufficient status in life that the nearer responsibilities are met and you are comfortable reaching afar.  If that is the case, I say more power to you and congratulations.  Don't feel off-put by others who are not in the same place in life; not everyone can be; in fact most cannot.  Stand tall and proud and go forth seeking facts and solutions that can help mankind, and then work towards implementation of the same.  Natural order of things, wouldn't you agree?

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Next question, and we all know that Comey is going down first, when they take him down do they get to nullify all the pardons that he passed out to those that were covering up for Helliary? He was doing something illegal, so anything he did to further that activity along should be considered null and void when he gets convicted..... Some folks aught to be getting very worried about right now.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

CNN.  Just amazing.  TDS.

jB7wwbg_d.jpg.f0b428a92721367aa0006d3bd4cc8a0f.jpg

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Meanwhile in China 13th People’s Congress in 2018 re-elected President Xi Jinping with 2980 votes for 0 Against 0 Abstentions.

Premier Li Kequiang with 2964 votes for 2 Against 0 Abstentions

( Gossip was 2 people that voted against due to alleged voting machine  malfunctions prepared 20 pages self criticism statements and were not further prosecuted)

with such support it is much easier to reform and develop country

Edited by Marcin
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

( Gossip was 2 people that voted against due to alleged voting machine  malfunctions prepared 20 pages self criticism statements and were not further prosecuted)

Chinese Cultural Revolution joke:

2 men in prison and one asks the other why are you here: he says it was because he supported Deng Xiaoping.  Other one asks same question and answer is because he did not support Deng.

Minutes later a third man is thrown into the cell and the others ask him why.  Without fanfare he says "I am Deng Xiaoping."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

(edited)

7 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Yep that's my point exactly Dan.

I think every country tries to take care of its own first and foremost and then looks outwardly. Failure to do this means you don't get elected!

However the impeachment case (remembering that this this is not Facebook for bromances chaps) against the President revolves in part around his abuse of power to shore up how he could be re-elected by discrediting a likely opponent through withholding military funds essential to a foreign nation's ability to defend itself from Russian aggression.

Edited by remake it
re-election
  • Like 1

Title of this thread is Dumb It Down - Impeachment

U.S. Constitution - Article 2, Section 4

https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec4.html

Article 2 - The Executive Branch
Section 4 - Disqualification

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

< *cough* >

● Impeachment for

● and conviction of

● Treason

● Bribery

● or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors

Without a crime, there cannot be an impeachment.

The Democrats are submitting 2 vague charges of:

● "abuse of power"

● "obstruction of Congress"

》 Neither of these vague charges are crimes.

》 This is one of the many reasons why Impeachment will fail once it moves from the House of Representatives to a full trial in the Senate.

Is this clear enough?

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

• Like 2

1eb453f245a699922a8543de11e2fc46daabf2e1d9d2e0dd3592c4e609f4d890.thumb.jpg.38835b215f77756ce70045c0b08f6dbc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Marcin said:

Meanwhile in China 13th People’s Congress in 2018 re-elected President Xi Jinping with 2980 votes for 0 Against 0 Abstentions.

Premier Li Kequiang with 2964 votes for 2 Against 0 Abstentions

with such support it is much easier to reform and develop country

Talk about obsession Marcin, in a thread titled: "Dumb it down - Impeachment" you incessantly bring up, wait for it… China

And you wonder why I would accuse you of working for the Chinese? We only have your word for it that you're Polish. Maybe you are maybe you aren't, but no matter the topic, you only want to talk about China. My wife is Chinese, I speak mandarin and even I don't care about China one percent as much as you do. What does that tell you?  

• Haha 1