JN

Pelosi Delays Impeachment Trial: Ploy to keep Impeachment in Headlines . . and Away from IG Horowitz report or Barr/Durham coming investigation and indictments. It's working. Pelosi WINS !

56 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

All just rumors now . . . . . 

Definitely sounds like aliens were involved and just as much evidence is available.

8 hours ago, Jabbar said:

New Hunter Biden revelations 

Seems Hunter and his business partners set up accounts for Ukraine gas company Burisma at Morgan Stanely.  Reportedly the accounts  opened had deposited over $150 Million. There is some concern that there may have been money laundering involved ?

Related topic Guess who frequently accompanied Joe Biden on visits to Ukraine.  That would be (fake) Whistleblower Eric Ciaramella. 

Remember Joe Biden's story of how in March 2016 he went to Ukraine and threatened the Ukraine government he would withhold the U.S. $1 Billion in aid if they did not fire Prosecutor Shokin. He was going home in 6 hours. 

Well the Vice President of the United States always travels on Air force 2. There are NO RECORDS of Biden flying to Ukraine in March 2016 on Air force 2.  There is probably a reasonable explanation. Maybe ?

Would make sense for someone to investigate all this.  Especially , the one about Hunter opening accounts at Morgan Stanley for Barisma .  .   .   .   Money laundering ?

All just rumors for now . . . . . 

From paternity suit filed by D.C. stripper against Hunter Biden

"Most notably, after leaving the vice presidency, Joe Biden attended a conference at which he discussed a previously unreported meeting in Ukraine for the first time.

"I said, 'I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars,'" Biden boasted at the conference. "I said, 'You’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in --,' I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said, 'I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.' Well, son of a b--ch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time."

The prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, was fired in March 2016 .  .  .  .  .  However, publicly available records show that Joe Biden did not officially travel to Ukraine in 2016.   .  .  .  .  believes Biden did not take Air Force Two for the trip.

.   .   .   investigations asserts that Hunter Biden and his business associates "established bank and financial accounts with Morgan Stanley et al," for the Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma Holdings Limited for a "money laundering scheme," among other ventures.

One alleged scheme "accumulated $156,073,944.24," according to the document .  .  .  "

It's my understanding that no matter what plane the vice president flies in, while he's aboard it's called Air Force 2. The two 747's don't need to be involved. 

As for Burisma this is an oil and gas forum. How precisely is Burisma in the gas business. Do they have wells? 

It's working. Pelosi WINS !

How do you figure this? The Democrats drug the country through a farcical ‘dog & pony’ show chaired by a adolescent moron, finally agreed on two articles of impeachment that they could not prove with cherry picked witnesses....and now will not forward the articles of impeachment until essentially the Senate, the ‘upper house’, capitulates and lets the House run the trial in the Senate.

The Senate must hold a trial AFTER the articles of impeachment are forwarded, they do NOT have to play by House rules...and they won’t.

At the end of the day, the Senate will not remove Trump from office, nor should they with the evidence presented in the House circus.

The general public, Democrats, Republicans and independents, have been watching this fiasco and are embarrassed and annoyed by the show. This will directly effect the upcoming Presidential election as well as future Congressional elections.

Pelosi and the Democrats have painted themselves into a corner now. If she does not forward the articles in a timely manner, her case looks weak. If she fails to forward on the Senate floor and declare that the President is impeached...it is arguable if he was ever actually impeached. 

Regardless, Trump will not be removed from office and is likely to get re-elected. In either case, the American public will hang this albatross on the collective Democratic neck.

Trump wins! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It's working. Pelosi WINS !

How do you figure this? The Democrats drug the country through a farcical ‘dog & pony’ show chaired by a adolescent moron, finally agreed on two articles of impeachment that they could not prove with cherry picked witnesses....and now will not forward the articles of impeachment until essentially the Senate, the ‘upper house’, capitulates and lets the House run the trial in the Senate.

The Senate must hold a trial AFTER the articles of impeachment are forwarded, they do NOT have to play by House rules...and they won’t.

At the end of the day, the Senate will not remove Trump from office, nor should they with the evidence presented in the House circus.

The general public, Democrats, Republicans and independents, have been watching this fiasco and are embarrassed and annoyed by the show. This will directly effect the upcoming Presidential election as well as future Congressional elections.

Pelosi and the Democrats have painted themselves into a corner now. If she does not forward the articles in a timely manner, her case looks weak. If she fails to forward on the Senate floor and declare that the President is impeached...it is arguable if he was ever actually impeached. 

Regardless, Trump will not be removed from office and is likely to get re-elected. In either case, the American public will hang this albatross on the collective Democratic neck.

Trump wins! 

Doug

I agree with EVERYTHING you state in post EXCEPT .  .  .  "Trump  .   .   .   is likely to get re-elected. In either case, the American public will hang this albatross on the collective Democratic neck."

Not my business but I wouldn't count on Trump getting elected.  Don't be over confident.  Things have changed. 

Amazing how as House Speaker Pelosi presided over the one sided unfair Impeachment hearings and now she holds up articles for a Fair Trial in Senate. 

Bit she did . Look at the press 90% of news chastised McConnell for being unfair.  

Be forewarned . . . .  

Best hope for Trump is if Barr/Durham is a "real" investigation and not one more whitewash . . .  like Hillary emails.  

Edited by Jabbar

9 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

Doug

I agree with EVERYTHING you state in post EXCEPT .  .  .  "Trump  .   .   .   is likely to get re-elected. In either case, the American public will hang this albatross on the collective Democratic neck."

Not my business but I wouldn't count on Trump getting elected.  Don't be over confident.  Things have changed. 

Amazing how as House Speaker Pelosi presided over the one sided unfair Impeachment hearings and now she holds up articles for a Fair Trial in Senate. 

Bit she did . Look at the press 90% of news chastised McConnell for being unfair.  

Be forewarned . . . .  

Best hope for Trump is if Barr/Durham is a "real" investigation and not one more whitewash . . .  like Hillary emails.  

Well, as long as you actually believe the mainstream press, you may a point.

Keep in mind that as of now, judging by their ‘viewership’ dropping below that of the Shopping Channel, the mainstream media is losing credibility as we speak...easy to check if you want to.

I live in Malaysia and speak to a cross-section of expats (not just Americans) every day. A year ago the anti-Trump attitude was prevalent, that is no longer the case. I do speak to many Americans back home of different political persuasions, and it seems that the anti-Trump attitude is waning there as well. I tend to trust these ‘grassroots’ indications much more than the mass media and their polls.

We’ll find out soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Well, as long as you actually believe the mainstream press, you may a point.

Keep in mind that as of now, judging by their ‘viewership’ dropping below that of the Shopping Channel, the mainstream media is losing credibility as we speak...easy to check if you want to.

I live in Malaysia and speak to a cross-section of expats (not just Americans) every day. A year ago the anti-Trump attitude was prevalent, that is no longer the case. I do speak to many Americans back home of different political persuasions, and it seems that the anti-Trump attitude is waning there as well. I tend to trust these ‘grassroots’ indications much more than the mass media and their polls.

We’ll find out soon enough.

ABC Visits 3 Swing States, Finds Voters Believe Impeachment Will Ensure Trump Reelection

ABC’S Martha Raddatz traveled to 3 key states – Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania – to gauge voter’s opinions on impeachment and its impact on 2020.

What she found was not a good omen for Democrats.  

CNN’s recent attempt to prove support for impeachment in swing states similarly backfired when they actually found bipartisan opposition.

It’s clear; establishment media elites are out of touch with real Americans.

In Michigan, Raddatz begins at Trump’s ‘historic’ rally in the city of Battle Creek. She’s surprised that although “it was about 10 degrees outside the Trump rally, the faithful lined up nevertheless and the impending impeachment” – a true testament to his support.  ...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jabbar said:

More amazing still that an Article of impeachment was obstruction of Congress due to the President withholding evidence vital to a fair hearing in the House while the Senate is also currently refusing to allow key witnesses to testify thereby compromising even further the very concept of fairness (or impartiality in this case) at trial.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I believe that the trial in the Senate should be just as fair as the impeachment process was...

• Haha 3

On 12/21/2019 at 8:18 PM, Boat said:

I think you go to far. You can have two sides to one position and they both can be partially right or wrong or both ignore another aspect of the issue because their goal is to get legislation or opinion to swing their way
In debate one typically does not use facts that would undermine his own case. Add money and some call that corruption. I don’t buy it that reasoning from either side. It is very difficult in great detail to discuss issues on a forum like this. It’s more fun to do “drive by quips”. For myself who has problems with both parties it’s open hunting season. Cheers.

And this is what we call lobbying

On 12/26/2019 at 3:08 PM, remake it said:

More amazing still that an Article of impeachment was obstruction of Congress due to the President withholding evidence vital to a fair hearing in the House while the Senate is also currently refusing to allow key witnesses to testify thereby compromising even further the very concept of fairness (or impartiality in this case) at trial.

And any fair hearing will not allow the accused to show up with legal representation, or be allowed to cross examine "witnesses", or call their own witnesses, or even be allowed to speak in defense of the charges be levied at the accused. That's a great "legal" system, is that how it happens in China?

• Great Response! 1

5 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

I believe that the trial in the Senate should be just as fair as the impeachment process was...

You mean that the President should continue to withhold the very evidence and witnesses that led to an Article of Impeachment being "Obstruction of Justice" and consider this to be fair?

• Downvote 1

Why, whatever are you referring to? What witnesses? We haven't seen a one of them yet as they are being "protected". From waht I would like to know. It's not like they have the dirt on the clintons..... I also understand that to be obstructing congress they would have to have had a vote before they started the inquiry, and they decided to skip that step...... I do believe that the trial in the Senate will be equally expedient and just.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Are you sure it wasn't the aliens that did all this? Oh, you thought I meant from outer space, but I was referring to the illegal aliens that have invaded our country and some states are allowing to vote. Seems kinda unfair, representation without taxation and all.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And I know you think it sucks that Trump will walk away from this, but it is what it is!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

Why, whatever are you referring to? What witnesses? We haven't seen a one of them yet as they are being "protected". From waht I would like to know. It's not like they have the dirt on the clintons..... I also understand that to be obstructing congress they would have to have had a vote before they started the inquiry, and they decided to skip that step...... I do believe that the trial in the Senate will be equally expedient and just.

Please acquaint yourself better with the role played by the House where it issued subpoenas for witnesses and evidence to be forthcoming and that its Constitutional role in presiding over a process to elicit facts was thwarted by a President who has chosen to be above the lawful powers of Congress.

• Downvote 1

And again, Trump will walk away squeaky clean..... #bestprezever!!

3 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

And I know you think it sucks that Trump will walk away from this, but it is what it is!!

You are completely wrong as what your President has done has been done many times before in nations that have allowed their leadership to be beyond reproach and that slippery slope is a danger to the rest of the world.

And he will be re-elected in 2019 and be president of our great country for another 4 years. He is the greatest president I have seen since I have been old enough to vote. #bestprezever!! And he will continue to shit on China and the crappy deals the other idiots have made in the last 30 years before him. And we are a superpower, do you really believe that Trump wants a war? When Iran shot the drone down he refused to strike back because he knew the cowardly bastards would be in a place that would cause a lot of innocent people to be killed along with them, so he refrained. One nuke would solve the problems in the ME, and rid the world of the Iran issues for good, but a lot of innocent people would be killed too. Do you really think Trump is on a quest for world domination? It is about time we had someone that tells other countries to go phuck themselves if they don't like it. Believe it or not, he just says a lot of what a lot of us are thinking..... No more cowtowing to those punks that have been pushing us around!

12 minutes ago, remake it said:

Please acquaint yourself better with the role played by the House where it issued subpoenas for witnesses and evidence to be forthcoming and that its Constitutional role in presiding over a process to elicit facts was thwarted by a President who has chosen to be above the lawful powers of Congress.

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone has written to Pelosi informing her that the administration will not cooperate with the House’s “constitutionally invalid” impeachment inquiry, in part because the House had not voted “to authorize such a dramatic constitutional step” or provided the president with “due process protections.”

They never had an official vote, the whole thing has been done without an official vote, so there officially is no "hearing" and therefore no valid "subpoena's" have been issued from congress yet. I would also like to inquire if you understand why the judiciary committee isn't the one that started and ran the whole investigation. And I again ask you if you know something we don't. How can you be sure that biden is going to be running against Trump? Has it already been decided? So the voters don't count anymore? They have been saying that we shouldn't be allowed to vote or make any decisions anymore. And seriously, if my constituents were like the ones they are working for, I would think that too. I know it seems different here from China, because when they "vote" in China, the outcome is already known. But here in America that isn't the way it works.....

And I reiterate, the trial will be equally fair as the impeachment process has been.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone has written to Pelosi informing her that the administration will not cooperate with the House’s “constitutionally invalid” impeachment inquiry, in part because the House had not voted “to authorize such a dramatic constitutional step” or provided the president with “due process protections.”

Only the House determines how impeachment proceeds and any claim to the contrary has no Constitutional basis and ipso facto no legal basis.

• Downvote 1

And Trump will be re-elected next year, and hopefully enough intelligent people will wake up and go vote in the districts where those idiots in congress come from and get them replaced with people that want to get on with actual business, not running around like whining babies abour Trump getting elected. We have more important things to do now, like investigations into all of them to uncover their dirt for the US to see. Hopefully we will get enough evidence to just arrest them and hold them until a "fair" trial can be arranged... I'm sure they could all be deemed a flight risk and be detained 

• Like 1

Just now, remake it said:

Only the House determines how impeachment proceeds and any claim to the contrary has no Constitutional basis and ipso facto no legal basis.

Precedent. look it up. It has a lot to do with trials and the way things are done in this country. 

• Like 1

Trump 2020!!

You guys knew after Hillary took all the grief and the Rep’s came up with nothing that quid pro quo would happen. When McConnal promised Obama a one term president right after the election that the Dem’s would forgive and forget? 
Btw, this charge that the Dem’s control 90% of the press sounds like crying bs. Let’s see your sources or fact check sources. Are your billionaires that cheap and underfunded? I think not.

• Upvote 1