MS

Iraqi uprising against US military presence is increasing. Are geopolitical interests justification good enough for waging war against Iraqi nation on Iraqi soil ?

LOL Marcin he thinks YOU are a handler !!

And it is not the fact that unlike remake it, each of other regular users provide so many personal information about themselves that are easy to identify in reality, even if not using their real names ( I use my Real first name, characteristic only for my country)

4 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

LOL Marcin he thinks YOU are a handler !!

I do not care about it, the issue of bot that Ward signalled is the most interesting in this context, I said I could be handler , No problem. And i have not said that remake it is a bot, he just have some special features characteristic only for him.

1 minute ago, Marcin said:

he just have some special features characteristic only for him.

As we all do.

10 hours ago, DayTrader said:

So you believe this stuff too and STILL chat with him constantly? This place gets weirder and weirder everyday LOL. 

You communicate with the handlers in their preferred manner - if they like talking via bots so be it.  

• Upvote 1

(edited)

29 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

You communicate with the handlers in their preferred manner

What, as if they are human? Yeah I do, I'm weird like that  ;) 

And I may meet one of them soon, but I'm sure it'll be some AI mirage from the Chinese military. Can't be too careful.

29 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

if they like talking via bots so be it. 

Err, true, the 'bots' that you communicate with, rather than the 'human handlers'? I'm getting a bit lost, sorry.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

I'm getting a bit lost, sorry.

Misspellings: I'm getting a sorry bot list ?

• Haha 2

Over 1 Million on the streets to mourn Soleimani

At least 32 people dead in the crush

https://news.sky.com/story/us-led-coalition-to-leave-iraq-after-soleimani-killing-leaked-letter-11902656

It certainly seems like Trump has made a martyr of Soleimani, I would be amazed if the Iranian mullahs don't retaliate based on this level of support from the people.

I just can't see how Trump wins from this situation.

Trump excellent for the US economy but on foreign policy he is a very foolish and ill advised man IMO.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DayTrader said:

That to me? I said Remake, not 'bot'. 

Are you Ward's pet or handler? You need to control him better, he's still under the impression American is a language and coming out with all sorts of nonsense, but luckily I can just about 'grok' it. Google translate is rather handy.

You seem to give each other trophies? Ward has just given you one for quoting him? That was all you did LOL.

BOT ALERT

You are becoming pedantic young man. A hot dog would do you a world of good!😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Over 1 Million on the streets to mourn Soleimani

At least 32 people dead in the crush

https://news.sky.com/story/us-led-coalition-to-leave-iraq-after-soleimani-killing-leaked-letter-11902656

It certainly seems like Trump has made a martyr of Soleimani, I would be amazed if the Iranian mullahs don't retaliate based on this level of support from the people.

I just can't see how Trump wins from this situation.

Trump excellent for the US economy but on foreign policy he is a very foolish and ill advised man IMO.

Rob, you need to ask yourself what would have happened to John and Jane Doe Iranians if they had NOT gone out in the streets? I doubt it would have been pretty...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Rob, you need to ask yourself what would have happened to John and Jane Doe Iranians if they had NOT gone out in the streets? I doubt it would have been pretty...

With respect Douglas I don't see how anyone can carry out a census on who attended the funeral when its 1M people.

Look I am as anti this regime as much as you are I just don't agree with the foreign policy by the US.

At best its highly inflammatory and at worst it is inciting a war.

This is not how you get regime change and a change in the thought process of the people of Iran!

Has Iraq not taught us anything?

Iraq is a joke (not Kurdistan, southern Iraq) and should not be used for comparison.

True, the US did not have a decent exit strategy, but the Iraqis had NO strategy at all! Everyone was in it for themselves and couldn’t give a damn about rebuilding THEIR nation. Then you throw in the Sunni vs Shiite issue and surprise, surprise, you get a civil war and insurgents. If the Iraqis had selected a strong leader to fill the vacuum left by Saddam AND had prepared a constitution immediately (not taken over a year in a power vacuum), things would have been much different. It is incorrect to place the entire blame for the present Iraqi cesspool on the Americans.

Attacking the American Embassy was an attack on US soil. I would like to ask you how you would propose to effect regime change in Iran...seriously, I would like to hear your views!

Finally, you would not need a census to tell you who attended the funeral, you are looking for those who did not! In a police state with informers or those wanting to get rid of a business competitor or just someone they dislike, it is easier done than said. I refer you to the Stasi in the old East Germany as an example.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

With respect Douglas I don't see how anyone can carry out a census on who attended the funeral when its 1M people.

Look I am as anti this regime as much as you are I just don't agree with the foreign policy by the US.

At best its highly inflammatory and at worst it is inciting a war.

This is not how you get regime change and a change in the thought process of the people of Iran!

Has Iraq not taught us anything?

Rob

Before you judge the RESPONSE let me hear you judge the act that elicited the response.

Attacking an Embassy IS an act of war.

So ... before you blame America first (a common theme here) ask yourself if Iran bombed the British Embassy would that be an act of war??  Let me help you before trip up .... YES act of war.   Polish Embassy ... YES act of war.   Canadian Embassy ... YES act of war.  

The fact that this ex-terrorist Iranian General planned and executed the attack in Iraq is more proof of direct Iranian government ties to international terrorism.

Edited by Bob D
grammar
  • Upvote 2

Gents I don't disagree, I'm sure the British Govt would retaliate in a similar way.

As I said before I just don't see this as a credible strategy for regime change. 

Yes the bombing was technically an act of war but it doesn't mean you have to go wading in with missiles straight away. You just blew up one of their perceived national heroes, yes to us he is a terrorist, buy we all know the phrase one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

To answer you Douglas you have to change the hearts and minds of local people and for there to be a mass uprising against the state, a civil war if you will. That is easier said than done and takes time.

I used to think the same way you guys do with a "bomb the bas*ards mentality" but it just doesn't work long term.

You might win the battle but not the war.

Where has Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq got you?

The ME detests America (and the UK) show me an occupying force from another country that is welcomed by the indigenous people throughout history? Hey you guys even threw us out!!😂

I guess if its war you want then you're gonna get it, but at what cost?

Xi Jinping will be pissing his pants laughing right now.

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Gents I don't disagree, I'm sure the British Govt would retaliate in a similar way.

As I said before I just don't see this as a credible strategy for regime change. 

Yes the bombing was technically an act of war but it doesn't mean you have to go wading in with missiles straight away. You just blew up one of their perceived national heroes, yes to us he is a terrorist, buy we all know the phrase one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

To answer you Douglas you have to change the hearts and minds of local people and for there to be a mass uprising against the state, a civil war if you will. That is easier said than done and takes time.

I used to think the same way you guys do with a "bomb the bas*ards mentality" but it just doesn't work long term.

The ME detests America (and the UK) show me an occupying force from another country that is welcomed by the indigenous people throughout history? Hey you guys even threw us out!!😂

I guess if its war you want then you're gonna get it, but at what cost?

Xi Jinping will be pissing his pants laughing right now.

I don't believe "regime change" was the goal here. Quite the opposite in fact. Trump warned Iran not to mess with the US and then (unlike virtually all his predecessors) actually did something. All the parades and funerals in the world isn't going to change the fact that Iranians in the upper echelons are quaking in their boots now. They can put on a bold face, they can threaten mayhem, but even when the ayatollahs command them to do something they'll be looking over their shoulders wondering when they'll be squashed like a bug. The ruling clergy has been bribing the Iranian Revolutionary Guard for decades, and that is where their power resides. Lose them, they've lost the country. Right now they're telling the Guard to attack us, somehow, some way. The Guard is rightly balking at this. If they push too hard, and lose the Guard?? 

Xi is not so sanguine as you think. Again he's just watched this President exhibit ballsy behavior again. Repetition purposeful, Trump has sent a very strong message to tyrants and dictators everywhere. If the gloves are off, who wants to take a punch from a superpower? Obama said, "I'm drawing a line in the sand" then did, precisely nothing. That my friend is the definition of laughingstock.  

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Obama said, "I'm drawing a line in the sand" then did, precisely nothing. That my friend is the definition of laughingstock.  

<cough>  And also whataboutism? ;) 

Trump can do no wrong, coz what Obama did was worse ..?

Just sayin'

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Fair enough Rob.  And you can add the Korean War.  But nobody can actually state that the US actually tried to finish those wars.  WWII ended because we wanted to win the war.  And we did so in devastating fashion.  If the US wanted to win a war in Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan today or in the rear view mirror, Vietnam or Korea, we would win quickly and decisively.  Cooler heads prevailed over many administrations and to the detriment of the world in my opinion regarding Iran and Iraq.    

• Upvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Iraq is a joke (not Kurdistan, southern Iraq) and should not be used for comparison.

True, the US did not have a decent exit strategy, but the Iraqis had NO strategy at all! Everyone was in it for themselves and couldn’t give a damn about rebuilding THEIR nation. Then you throw in the Sunni vs Shiite issue and surprise, surprise, you get a civil war and insurgents. If the Iraqis had selected a strong leader to fill the vacuum left by Saddam AND had prepared a constitution immediately (not taken over a year in a power vacuum), things would have been much different. It is incorrect to place the entire blame for the present Iraqi cesspool on the Americans.

Attacking the American Embassy was an attack on US soil. I would like to ask you how you would propose to effect regime change in Iran...seriously, I would like to hear your views!

Finally, you would not need a census to tell you who attended the funeral, you are looking for those who did not! In a police state with informers or those wanting to get rid of a business competitor or just someone they dislike, it is easier done than said. I refer you to the Stasi in the old East Germany as an example.

Utterly inept commentary: little wonder Americans get laughed at by so many overseas as from start to finish your assumptions about intent are nonsensical.  If the USA had not invaded Iraq on multiple fabricated pretenses then the Middle East would not be the clusterfarq they have turned it in to.

Edited by remake it
"fake news" - the edit was carried out by "not a journalist"

1 hour ago, Bob D said:

But nobody can actually state that the US actually tried to finish those wars

Any reason?

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Xi is not so sanguine as you think. Again he's just watched this President exhibit ballsy behavior again.

He watched a fool make a very regrettable decision which has the potential to destabilize global economies by choking off oil supplies.

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Repetition purposeful, Trump has sent a very strong message to tyrants and dictators everywhere.

No, he has done nothing about the dozens of rulers who continue to plunder their countries for their personal gain, or otherwise run tyrannical regimes.  He has instead shown his contempt for international conventions and put his hand into a hornets nest without knowing where the next sting will be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

<cough>  And also whataboutism? ;) 

Trump can do no wrong, coz what Obama did was worse ..?

Just sayin'

I could have gone further back, but can't count on you English having a long enough memory ;)

10 minutes ago, remake it said:

He watched a fool make a very regrettable decision which has the potential to destabilize global economies by choking off oil supplies.

No, he has done nothing about the dozens of rulers who continue to plunder their countries for their personal gain, or otherwise run tyrannical regimes.  He has instead shown his contempt for international conventions and put his hand into a hornets nest without knowing where the next sting will be.

Interestingly, you don't get to be the arbiter of what POTUS does. He's not obligated to go after every tin pot dictator in the world. Perhaps your people can do that. He is obligated to deal with clear and present dangers to us, which is clearly what Solemeini represented. 

Those hornets nests better start worrying about a RAID attack. 

1 minute ago, Ward Smith said:

Interestingly, you don't get to be the arbiter of what POTUS does. He's not obligated to go after every tin pot dictator in the world. Perhaps your people can do that. He is obligated to deal with clear and present dangers to us, which is clearly what Solemeini represented. 

Until your POTUS reneged on the Iranian nuclear deal there was no such thing as the clear and present danger you talk about.

• Downvote 1

(edited)

Edited by Bob D
dupe

36 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Any reason?

WWII ended because of the nuclear option.  We have that available to us but (thankfully) not the resolve to use it.  Iran and Iraq are sort of unique versus almost every other nation in that (IMO) the populace does not support the ruling class.  The US will not obliterate a population for the actions of a tiny leadership minority leading a nation into peril.  IMO Iraqis and Iranians do not support whomever runs Iraq and Khamenei the way Japan backed Tojo, Germany backed Hitler, Italy backed Mousillinni.  Destruction of the populace worked to end WWII against Japan and would have worked against Italy or Germany.  Destroying the entire population of Tehran or Bagdad does not end their war against the west.  Today's country boarders sometime hide the true loyalties of ancient factions (Persians Kurds Palestinians).  Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1