Just now, remake it said:

Some readers wonder what makes the forum polarized but then conclude it's just the unending stream of ignorance that washes into posts.

And are you under the impression that they weren't disbarred? Giving up your license to keep from expending a lot of money to defend it is disbarment all the same....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, SERWIN said:

And are you under the impression that they weren't disbarred? Giving up your license to keep from expending a lot of money to defend it is disbarment all the same....

The links show your claim on Hillary was "false" while most are aware that Bill and Monika's escapades led to Bill's disbarment so it was hardly a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

Not really, many organization are now refusing to pay for professional membership fees. P.Eng need their stamp, etc. but many other professional memberships add no value to the organization.

(edited)

56 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

did you have a pang of remorse? Did I strike a nerve DT?

Over what? Remorse for having an opinion? You struck a nerve in that I was asked an opinion by Doug, who then got shitty about me saying it's not my problem, and then suggesting ''if it doesn't affect you you can't have an opinion?'' sarcastically, so I express some opinions and am told ''fuck you, you don't live here, it's not your problem'' by you. So which is it LOL?

If my opinions were all pro Trump it wouldn't have been an issue at all yes? All I said was you will go with Trump whatever he does. You took that as a dig, and then went on a barrage of all Trump's qualitites and the good he is doing. So you would follow him whatever yes LOL? Unless immoral or illegal as you say. When I say 'you' will follow I mean the country will, as in 'America is going to attack' or whatever, not personally to you as in 'I haven't received any orders yet' LOL. Leave the sarcasm to me mate. It's gold medal shit.

1 hour ago, Bob D said:

Take a quick poll on this site and I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts (American cuisine) that the non-Americans liked Obama better than Bush and/or Trump.  Why - Obama was a globalist.  America's reaction after 2 terms was "Trump".  Why - America first. 

Therefore - stating Non-Americans align with Democrats isn't far fetched at all.  It absolutely defines the cabals in the US Foreign Affairs threads.

Bob, this is the thing. You guys seem to think the rest of the world thinks about you at all. I can't speak for the world (though I should), but I can almost guarantee you people do not care whether you have Obama or Trump in office. It has no impact on their lives. At the moment it does maybe with Trump and Iran and trade war stuff, but the average citizen round the world does not care. This is what some people here fail to grasp and without generalising if this forum is reflective of the average American's thinking then it says a lot.

You all very clearly have this 'us and them' mentality from what I can see, and it is always literally one or the other, no middle ground. It's like Papi said, if someone says anything vaguely negative about Trump, they must be Democrats in your eyes and vice versa. This theory can now be extended in what you said above to not just Americans now. Anyone round the world who says anything negative about Trump must have liked Obama by definition? Is this how it is there? I'm not having a pop but is this how people think there? Seriously it explains the 'us and them' mentality so well and the cabals, when people are unable to see pros and cons of both sides.

4 hours ago, SERWIN said:

And to all of you that have been calling Trump a war monger, phuck you!! Phuck all of you!! You have run around being judgmental and you knew NOTHING about the man!! Phuck you every one of you!!

@Otis11 , I notice you gave Papillon a load of red arrows for stating some facts about America that none of you liked, and criticised when he gave a trophy to a certain post? I assume you will be using that same logic to this and the upvotes it has LOL? I suggest you should do or it may show up the bias and 'us and them' crap a bit more LOL ? Not that every single person here can't see it anyway. The above just got an upvote from Tom, a moderator. That's ok though yeah? Coz it's about Trump?  ;)  Thought so. And now I've said that presumably I loved Obama LOL? 

You guys are hilarious but I love it. Oh and Bob, hotdogs AND doughnuts. Well shit, now I'm jealous. 

Edited by Guest

Image result for meme, which button to press by robot

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, BigJets said:

We wont leave the region.  We have almost complete control over the worlds energy exports and Imports (way more than half).

Funny that you state this when you later in the same post say nationalism is winning.... Something has to give

trump is a master tactician.

haha... 

This thread needed some comedy. Well done.

• Haha 1

Just now, remake it said:

Do you know what "bait and switch" is?

So, how much is he charging for these conferences. He owns a LOT of real estate you know. That is what he did for a living before taking a crappy paying job as POTUS... Do you have any of the bills? or copies we can see? It is public information after all. Everyone busting his ass because he likes Florida over Maryland. Its nice in Florida and cold as hell in Maryland. So no pres before this one has owned a resort, and liked going there. I am sure he feels comfortable there, as you would in a home you owned. Here again is the ignorance and stupidity you just mentioned. Why is it any of anyone's business where Trump likes to stay? Did I miss it in the constitution that it has been prescribed 

18 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Over what? Remorse for having an opinion? You struck a nerve in that I was asked an opinion by Doug, who then got shitty about me saying it's not my problem, and then suggesting ''if it doesn't affect you you can't have an opinion?'' sarcastically, so I express some opinions and am told ''fuck you, you don't live here, it's not your problem'' by you. So which is it LOL?

Lost on this one, I have been leaving that one alone. And again, what opinion did you express that I said phuck you to?

23 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I know nothing about what Doug said, I wasn't paying attention so I missed that one LOL

And struck a nerve by accident. Yay!! I got skills....

Well who was it to then LOL? Or was it just a generic ''f**k you, Trump is amazing'' post to everyone? 

Wouldn't surprise me, this is OilPrice.

I'm just tired of hearing about Trump did this, Trump had two scoops of ice cream, Trump breathes in oxygen. Of all the leaders on this planet right now, he get more ass busting than all the others combined. And it is so sad, he has done nothing to most everyone, but get elected POTUS and actually do a good job. Did he insult someone's momma? Did he attack an innocent country with absolutely NO reason? And hearing everyone claim that he is going to drag us into WWIII over this insignificant crap is absurd to say the least...

• Haha 1

Just now, DayTrader said:

Well who was it to then LOL? Or was it just a generic ''f**k you, Trump is amazing'' post to everyone? 

To all the doubters and people that always want to trash the man. He has done nothing to deserve it. Leave the man alone to do his job y'all

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

Yes, generic is what that was.

America first!

Like every nation on the planet puts themselves first LOL?

Love it when Americans say this like it's some grand statement. 

''Make America Great Again'' - translation = you are not great?

Thought so  ;) 

And another funny thing, we are accused of Imperialism but we show up at the door with aid when it's needed. Especially after a natural disaster hits someplace. I don't remember ANYONE coming over here and offering some help after Harvey hit Houston, or any other time for that matter.....

And y'all liked Obama because he was a pussy assed pushover, he wouldn't have dared say a cross word to anyone. Did he send y'all any cash too?

2 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

Yes, generic is what that was.

Hahah you admit it, I love it.

''Yeah sorry DT was just a general rant to anyone round the world who may say anything vaguely negative about Trump''

😅😅  Another spicy food bonanza affecting the rage no doubt LOL.

(edited)

3 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

And y'all liked Obama because

WHO DID??

This is what Bob suggests and proves my point!! Non Americans do not care about you, only you do!!

Anyone who says ANYTHING negative about Trump ANYWHERE round the world must have liked Obama yes? Why?

Stop applying this us and them shit and your own divisions to the whole world guys.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

I'm just tired of hearing about Trump did this, Trump had two scoops of ice cream, Trump breathes in oxygen. Of all the leaders on this planet right now, he get more ass busting than all the others combined. And it is so sad, he has done nothing to most everyone, but get elected POTUS and actually do a good job. Did he insult someone's momma? Did he attack an innocent country with absolutely NO reason? And hearing everyone claim that he is going to drag us into WWIII over this insignificant crap is absurd to say the least...

I agree, I'd just rather people said stuff like this instead of constantly comparing. And 2 scoops is unnecessary, let's be fair. And the tall salt cellars.

8 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

WHO DID??

This is what Bob suggests and proves my point!! Non Americans do not care about you, only you do!!

Anyone who says ANYTHING negative about Trump ANYWHERE round the world must have liked Obama yes? Why?

Stop applying this us and them shit and your own divisions to the whole world guys.

The set {y'all} is not now, nor ever was the infinity inclusion set. It is clear from historical records that Obama was feted and cheered by the set {multitudes} in Europe, especially during his "Apology Tour". It is also probable to p0.97 that members of the set {multitudes} are likewise members of the set {TDS}. YMMV

• Upvote 1

It's looking more and more like the Iranians blew up the airliner. Even fake news CNN Seems to agree with me

They're busy now taking sledgehammers to the black box so that if/when they ultimately give it to someone else, it will be thoroughly unreadable. Recognize it is extremely rare for a black box to be unreadable. Either this one ends up unreadable, or the Ukrainian "pilots" will suddenly have Iranian accents. 

BTW talked with my friend. His over 20,000 pilot in command hours says it was extremely unlikely that plane just went down from single engine failure. But looking at the video and seeing the wreckage on the ground I'm agreeing with the analysts who believe two missiles were fired at the plane, taking out both engines. At that point the plane is just a (poor) glider. The pilot was enough of a pro to lay it down at a soccer stadium so he didn't kill hundreds more in the residential area. 

The schmuck who fired the missile is probably pushing daisies already, while the idiot who gave the order is getting promoted. Such is life in a dictatorship

• Like 2

(edited)

19 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

The set {y'all} is not now, nor ever was the infinity inclusion set. It is clear from historical records that Obama was feted and cheered by the set {multitudes} in Europe, especially during his "Apology Tour". It is also probable to p0.97 that members of the set {multitudes} are likewise members of the set {TDS}. YMMV

Are you trying to write like a bot now or something? 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, SERWIN said:

I know nothing about what Doug said, I wasn't paying attention

Don't blame you.

It was probably some pro-England stuff as always though. It gets tiring.

2 hours ago, remake it said:

It is interesting how the West is controlling the present narrative that comments here rely on when the Iranians have said that their evidence is wholly contrary to that narrative - which just confirms the nature of confirmation bias existing within this forum and a reluctance to even consider why a contrary position might be reasoned.

Allegedly shot down then. However, Canada and the UK seem to think it was accidentally shot down. 

The U.S. says they have evidence of a missile launch just before the crash and an explosion shortly after the missile launch that matches the timeline. Maybe it's not a smoking gun, but it sounds pretty close.

Eye witnesses from planes flying over head said they saw the aircraft engulfed in flames before it crashed into the ground. 

It could all be heresy and the Iranian narrative could be the only thing to pay attention to. Someone is lying though. 

In the 1988 incident with the U.S., there was an investigation done and the U.S. eventually remitted payment to the family of those on board the aircraft that was shot down. They admitted they shot it down of course but only ever said it was a mistake and never formally apologized. So, in what seems like it might be a similar scenario, we know how the U.S. and Iran reacted historically. Now that the shoe is allegedly on the other foot, it will be interesting to see what Canada thinks about the whole thing and if Iran admits any fault or provides contrary evidence.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Serwin, I like you mate, but this proves my point perfectly. Doug asks for opinions of how to deal with shit to Papillon, then Tom jumps on too saying he hasn't answered the question. Then I try to answer it, and you reply with this. So, Americans don't want to hear solutions do they, they want people to say how amazing they are, and the reaction to any criticism of USA is ''you're not from here, it's not your problem, so fuck you''. So deal with it yourselves, it's not my problem as you say. 

I dunno if this is to me man, but all I said was you will do whatever Trump says, as he can go do wrong. As always here, again quoting Papillon, this then jumps immediately to comparisons to the last president, as everyone there seems unable to separate their own politics from any issue we discuss here. Positives in the USA? Wooh go Trump! Any negatives? Well the Dems did this ... Obama did this ... would be worse under Hillary ... who has said for a kick off that Trump is a 'warmonger' ffs?

No offence but last night I honestly considered starting a thread entitled ''America's complete lack of self reflection.''  You guys cannot take any criticism of your country whatsoever, plus think everyone thinks as you do. Every single topic we discuss here turns to comparisons to Democrats, to Obama, to China to now ''it's none of your business''. Don't ask me for opinions then if the answer is just gonna be ''fuck you'' a bunch of times. 

No but I'm not here asking for solutions or blaming everything on past prime ministers. That's what you guys would be doing. Don't mention Johnson though as you don't know him and it's not your problem anyway so f**k you lol. Is that a fair response? That's the one I got. 

Or just say fuck you a bunch of times. But hey, atleast Papillon will be proved right YET AGAIN and that will not receive red arrows, as Serwin is Republican. These same people will then talk of bias to him and double standards. 

That's what I was talking about. 

DING, but as everyone here is clearly a military strategist apart from us mate, I say leave them and their opinions to it. It's not my problem anyway, even though Doug asked for opinions and I'm told f**k you, so as ever, all you guys wanna do is hear your own opinions bouncing round like an echo, so enjoy. 

DT - I can't take any self reflection, huh? I can't take criticism? Tom doesn't take criticism? (Do you see how general these statements are?)

Yes, there are a few here who react strongly to criticism, but again, you're making sweeping generalizations about all Americans here.

And to be fair on that - there have been a lot of criticism of Trump that are unfounded here - as SERWIN and others have pointed out. I took this screenshot yesterday for something else:

image.png.ea8c5d117efaf369105a23a21fcf359a.png

The guy can do no right in the eyes of the media (And many here apparently)

Look, I'm not a fan of all President Trump does, and definitely not a fan of many of the things he says - but if you can't admit that he's done an impressive job facing the obstacles that have been thrown at him, honestly, I don't know how anyone can say that and still claim to be unbiased. You don't have to agree with him - or even like him - but the man has done an impressive job.

4 hours ago, remake it said:

If nations want to indulge in pre-emptive wars on the basis of information they are unwilling to share or just as likely to concoct then we are in a pretty sad state of affairs (literally).  Your point about " imminent plans" overlooks that every nation with an army has plans to defend itself from its most likely adversaries and these are regularly revised - what makes plans imminent is moot.  

It's not a pre-emptive war. Embassy already attacked. 

3 hours ago, PE Scott said:

Come on now, you're really stretching that argument. You have to admit there is an immense difference between having an army and drilling for defense than there is for actively planning attacks on other countries citizens or facilities. 

I was just seeing that it looks as if Iran maybe shot down a commercial airliner on accident? I'm curious to see the response by western nations and how it compares to Irans response after a U.S. destroyer mistakingly shot down one of their commercial airliners in 1988. (Credit to you @remake it for bringing that to my attention.)

A better way of saying it may be that capability does not convey intent.

That's what I'm waiting for... if this had been collateral damage of a Western military action, the outrage would be immediate and unending. I've yet to see outrange yet - just lots of 'lets wait for the facts' even though all the facts to date point in one direction. (Not saying this is wrong - we should wait for the facts. It's just not equitable)

3 hours ago, DayTrader said:

I'm English so I couldn't care less who you voted for. I know you think everyone cares about your politics, whether now or in the past, but the world has better things to do than watch your circus, believe it or not. 

So to say ''I loved it'' when Obama was in is incorrect, and to say ''I don't like'' Trump being in is incorrect too. But again, another jump to instant comparisons and even calls it the Obama effect LOL. Of course, it's a negative, so has a Democrat named effect. There are these 'cabals' because of shit like this. A complete incapability to hear the other side.

Gotta say DT - you comment on DT an awful lot to not care... (Though, to be fair, in previous threads DT has been arguing for Trump if memory serves. Forget what that was about though...)

And that's how it should be... drop this hyper-polarization (not directed at DT - whole thread). Sometimes I agree with Jabbar, often with Jan (Even if not initially, he's reasonably persuasive), many times with DT, and reasonably often with Tom . But I've even agreed with Papillon a few times, and many other international users. If we can't get in the nuance and discuss the topic more than Trump Bad, Trump Good, Obama whatever, Xi whatever... etc - then what's the point of being here???

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I think this forum is getting too polarised in its opinions, well certainly by some and that is from both sides.

its becoming tedious frankly.

YES! Thank you... hard to find the actual discussion amid all this garbage. And that's what it is... pages of garbage.

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

@Otis11 , I notice you gave Papillon a load of red arrows for stating some facts about America that none of you liked, and criticised when he gave a trophy to a certain post? I assume you will be using that same logic to this and the upvotes it has LOL? I suggest you should do or it may show up the bias and 'us and them' crap a bit more LOL ? Not that every single person here can't see it anyway. The above just got an upvote from Tom, a moderator. That's ok though yeah? Coz it's about Trump?  ;)  Thought so. And now I've said that presumably I loved Obama LOL? 

You guys are hilarious but I love it. Oh and Bob, hotdogs AND doughnuts. Well shit, now I'm jealous. 

DT - the Red arrows weren't for 'Stating facts about America that none of [us] liked'... I try and reserve Red arrows for behavior that detracts from the forum (intentionally misleading readers, personal attacks, etc). Let me know if I'm failing to live up to the standard I'm setting for myself and I'll be happy to attempt remediation.

As far as whether I apply this fairly to people on the Right/Left - I sure try. You can go back and look if you'd like.

And to be clear - are you saying I'm bias and part of the 'us and them' problem? Because if I am, please show me where, I'm trying pretty hard to quell this garbage. (BTW, thanks for your help where you are helping on this...)

44 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I agree, I'd just rather people said stuff like this instead of constantly comparing. And 2 scoops is unnecessary, let's be fair. And the tall salt cellars.

Depends how big the scoops are... (If you give a President crap for eating 2 scoops, we're not going to talk about my ice cream habits...)

• Upvote 1