Zhong Lu

What's the Endgame Here?

(edited)

On 1/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, Rob Plant said:

He's back in the States now Rasmus

Missed his gun apparently!

It is more case of natural culture it is difficult to play cricket when all kids play baseball, out of major urban centers in US you are freak, almoat some cult member, if do not have gun.

And guns do give some illusion of power.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Are we now comparing Chinese and UK democracies, when discussing American gun laws, on a thread about Iran sir? 

The senility check ups for some are long overdue here quite frankly. 

I think I'm definitely going senile on this thread!

• Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I think I'm definitely going senile on this thread!

It is amusing sir. I believe we have now vaguely covered Iran, American gun laws, Chinese democracy, British democracy, the British electoral system, America funding both sides of World War II, aspects of the Falklands and a little of Mr Regan's youth. 

I fear Zhong Lu may be a little disappointed sir if he believes, on returning, that the answer to 'what's the endgame here?' is any closer to its conclusion. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

And guns do give sense of power.

And that is why people own them!

it would be nice if people just admitted it.

• Upvote 2

My economic history professor told war not war you do business, Philips brothers had factories on both sides of WW2. One stayed in Germany and the other joined allies. Both were defending their property against bombings, succesfully.

• Like 1

We could discuss chess, other topics are within oilprice multiformula. Sometimes i also miss DayTrader dicussing his Mini of 1995.

(edited)

On 1/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, Rob Plant said:

And that is why people own them!

Guns are dangerous

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

I don't buy the BS that is spouted by some that one day you may have to rise up against your evil Democrat or Republican president, its ludicrous!

Anyone seriously arguing that this is required by the people in America today are living in the 1900's or have a mental illness.

They currently believe sir there is a coup regarding Mr Trump. I am sure their guns would come in handy to stop this process and rise up against the evil impeachment procedures. However I fear firing them at beer cans on a wall will not aid their concerns a great deal and this may be where they are going wrong?

1 minute ago, Rob Plant said:

No sir, they have them due to fear of their own government. They often use them for this purpose and have stopped coup after coup, with the firearms proving their worth time and time again. You may have missed this on the news however, as all they seem to report is the weekly mass murders, by normal citizens, of their fellow citizens, with firearms. You just have to trust me on this one sir. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

Sometimes i also miss DayTrader

Yeah and me mate

i dont think he's coming back though, he was on here all the time and he hasn't been on for ages!

He could be on holiday I guess

He used to give me a few purple trophies too, never mind!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

the tool that can shoot 30 people in 10 seconds.

If recent American anecdotes are anything to go by sir, this was probably handed to an eight year old. That would be the wise thing to do surely? Convert them while they are young, that's the key.

Edited by Papillon
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

An interesting observation.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Ron are you suggesting that normal civilians patrol this border with their own guns and keep each other safe??

C'mon man this is clearly done by law enforcement or in the extreme military, and has nothing to do with privately owned guns.

Genuine question:- is there a big North v South divide where gun ownership is concerned? It strikes me that people in the South arm themselves to the teeth, but I dont think this is the case in many northern states. Please dont include "hunting" weapons in this as this is a different thing altogether.

The notion that Southerners "arm themselves to the teeth" is a stereotype.  If you want to find armed populations go to Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit which are all northern cities where hand gun ownership is illegal and violence is out of control.  The degree to which Southerners do arm themselves I'd suggest they do so legally.  The 'real' problem in the US is "illegal" gun ownership.  Why do the solutions to the gun issues always target legal gun ownership?  

• Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

No Rob, you are wrong. Would you rather face cartel lackeys armed with an AR 15s, AKs and high capacity pistols or with the equivalent in your hands. You know the answer. An AR 15 is also a fine hunting rifle for wild hogs, coyotes etc. The ammo is also far less expensive than the larger cartridges such as my.308 bolt action rifle uses. Do you really think the police would be able to help you in any kind of break in before it was too late? If you were lucky you would be on your own for eight minutes, but possibly far longer.

Edited by ronwagn

(edited)

46 minutes ago, Papillon said:

They currently believe sir there is a coup regarding Mr Trump. I am sure their guns would come in handy to stop this process and rise up against the evil impeachment procedures. However I fear firing them at beer cans on a wall will not aid their concerns a great deal and this may be where they are going wrong?

No sir, they have them due to fear of their own government. They often use them for this purpose and have stopped coup after coup, with the firearms proving their worth time and time again. You may have missed this on the news however, as all they seem to report is the weekly mass murders, by normal citizens, of their fellow citizens, with firearms. You just have to trust me on this one sir. 

So you don't think that honest people need guns for self defense.

Here are a few examples of an every day occurrence. Gun Defense Stories  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fs9J3t28kbL4-ragFOIDaUiAtRLqsf5VijQmxmYoZ3s/edit

Edited by ronwagn

It's for self defence now then is it sir? I thought it was all about protecting yourself from government? Is this the wording of the second amendment changing, yet again, to suit people's stories? It appears to change every few minutes. An hour ago it was about government and references to China and Germany and what can happen if they are taken away. Now you admit it is about protecting yourself from other citizens.

I am rather confident sir that criminals exist in every nation to be fair, yet they are able to defend themselves without firearms. The sole reason you wish to have firearms is because your country has more guns than people. You say, literally, 'the criminal may have a gun, so I want one', and don't see a solution here? DT warned me not to bother with certain topics here and I was trying to give users the benefit of the doubt sir. However this is pointless. Respectfully, Papillon. 

And Bob, if the nation is full of guns and has more guns than people, it is not very hard to picture someone illegally acquiring one is it? The solution is rather simple, yet you would all rather have some sort of civil war over it and kill more of your fellow citizens clearly, then admit that you make up different reasons to have guns almost hourly. Good day sir. 

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Not quite Ron

We don't need to arm untrained civilians we have our own military and nuclear weapons to defend our nation, so hardly defenceless.

I think the days of an uprising as you suggest are long gone, we live in a democracy where the incumbent government can only stay in power if its the will of the people.

I thought that was the same in the USA? but you still somehow arm everyone just in case?? you cannot be very confident in your own political system if you still need to do that!

Can Americans honestly see a day when the people will have to take up arms against their own government in the modern era??? If so WOW just WOW.

The militant Muslims seem to be happy to use knives and acid on the streets of London though.

https://news.sky.com/story/nearly-half-charged-with-london-knife-deaths-were-previous-blade-offenders-11907477 So now blades are illegal for everyone.

https://archives.frontpagemag.com/fpm/acid-attacks-londons-muslim-no-go-zones-daniel-greenfield/

(edited)

A comparison to another nation entirely again sir? Why address your own issues ever when you can merely do this all day? Wonderful. Anything to distract from any admission of fault, as ever.

This site is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. Will it be China next? Germany again maybe? The Middle East perhaps? Surely the Democrats will get a mention? Or will we stay on muslims in the UK rather than gun loving christians in the USA? Stay tuned. If you enjoy non-sensical drivel that is. 

Mr Plant, you have my email sir. I am not sure how long I can read this utter delusion. I will be blocking this user for starters. Good day. 

Edited by Papillon

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

No Rob, you are wrong. Would you rather face cartel lackeys armed with an AR 15s, AKs and high capacity pistols or with the equivalent in your hands. You know the answer. An AR 15 is also a fine hunting rifle for wild hogs, coyotes etc. The ammo is also far less expensive than the larger cartridges such as my.308 bolt action rifle uses. Do you really think the police would be able to help you in any kind of break in before it was too late? If you were lucky you would be on your own for eight minutes, but possibly far longer.

I guess ultimately what you’re saying is that you dont trust the law enforcement in the USA to protect you.

There is also the problem of illegal firearms. This is becoming more of a problem in the UK however nowhere near on the scale it is in the US. In the UK guns are ONLY used by drug gangs. What you may read about with stabbings in London is predominantly (95% or more) drug related between rival gangs and this is mainly by the black and Asian communities. If you’re no threat to the gangs then they leave you alone.

i guess the main difference in the US is that everyone has guns and therefore it’s easy for someone with mental health issues or literally anyone whose having a bad day to blow a few people away at the drop of a hat. That can’t happen here, it’s incredibly difficult to get your hands in a gun. That said we have had our share of nutters who have done this previously.

The don’t think we will ever understand your 2nd amendment in the modern age. It seems the more shootings you have then the more guns you need, just crazy to any non US citizen.

sorry for my ramblings I’m tired

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

He used to give me a few purple trophies too, never mind!

Is there are return address for his trinkets so he can sell them in order to pay for his day trading?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

So you don't think that honest people need guns for self defense.

This must be awarded a special trinket as it was not posed as a question so maybe the end game is giving everyone a gun (or a button to press) and seeing who is last standing.

(edited)

Actually our gun crime is almost totally related to crime also, not much different than Jolly Olde England. Our problem is in the inner cities just as yours is in London. There is an occasional crazed person but not someone you could take a gun away from because you knew he was a real risk. All you have to do is look at the recidivism rate after felons are released early or on parole. We have some very horrendous illegal alien gangs here just as you have Muslim extremists. We are a country of nearly 350 million people from all over the world. I would say that England and Europe is still far more homogenous than that. 

Gangs and Crime in America https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tfvg4dLQ7i7d4_GILpSqQ_9VQfivQaVbhR28f4_IAco/edit

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/largest-ethnic-groups-in-the-united-kingdom-great-britain.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

The total number of national minority populations in Europe is estimated at 105 million people, or 14% of Europeans.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Europe

Edited by ronwagn
added reference
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Suprisingly large number, the recent immigration from Europe was relatively small

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Marcin2 said:

I mean when 2 or more Poles get really drunk and start to fight they are using beer glasses, chairs and other tools at hand. And the worst that happens in 99.5% is that they both end at emergency ward, and a week later repeat their routine. In US they can often use firearms to change the balance to their advantage.

But we are told that in America they just make a Polish joke and someone will die laughing - is this propaganda?

2 minutes ago, remake it said:

But we are told that in America they just make a Polish joke and someone will die laughing - is this propaganda?

No, I've lost many fine friends to Polish jokes. Friends don't let friends tell Polish jokes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

I do not know, but my impression of US (and I have been only in Massachusets, New York and California) is that it is so diverse, for me too diverse, so maybe you are right about this crime.

But in Europe we prefer to believe in statistics, 5-7 times smaller murder rate in Germany, Poland and China than in the United States. Much less murders in general, and smaller % of murders committed by firearms. But it is unfortunately changing for the worse, in Poland at least.

I mean when 2 or more Poles get really drunk and start to fight they are using beer glasses, chairs and other tools at hand. And the worst that happens in 99.5% is that they both end at emergency ward, and a week later repeat their routine. In US they can often use firearms to change the balance to their advantage.

You don't seem to understand how inner city gangs operate in America. They are dealing in drugs, prostitution, protection rackets, etc. They are often in and out of jails or prison multiple times. In Democrat controlled areas the main concern is fiscal and they don't want to keep them incarcerated so you end up with the same people repeating violent crimes multiple times. California just allowed a mass of criminals back on the street. These gangs primarily shoot each other for control of various neighborhoods and shoot others, especially family members by accident.