Zhong Lu

What's the Endgame Here?

(edited)

The reply states an instant reference to a Democrat I see also, as nothing presumably can be done about the situation today, or in the last three years? 

Is it some form of virus here I wonder? What-about-the-other-party-itis perhaps?  

I will try to find some form of repellent online as it appears rather catching and powerful. 

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

murder with intent versus murder by accident? -regards. 

There is no "murder by accident."  I suspect what you are thinking of is involuntary manslaughter. Or even a lesser charge.

If an electrician mistakenly wired a 110-volt baseboard heater into a 220-volt circuit  (this actually happened), and then the house burns down and someone is killed, there is no criminal intent, but there is gross negligence that rises to the level of manslaughter, insofar as the electrician is to maintain professional competence.  

If a gun range instructor hands a fully automatic MAC-10 submachine gun to a young child, of the age of 6 or 8, and the boy pulls the trigger and the gun gets away from him by the recoil, and a wild round kills someone, that is not murder.  This actually happened at a range in Massachusetts.  Was the instructor careless to the point of recklessness?   Probably. But still, as I recall there was an acquittal on the manslaughter charge.  

I read that Mike Pompeo had a lot to do with it.

(edited)

On 1/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, ronwagn said:

Peace in the Middle East would be my end goal.

The users here who state this sort of thing appear to be the same ones that say the Middle East is toxic, has been for centuries, and 'we should leave them to it'. So which is it, as the same people appear happy for more death and conflict within minutes from what I can see. 

How have previous endeavours in the region been going with regard to 'achieving peace'? May I suggest 'leaving them to it' or using your weapons to obliterate another region and the people in charge there? You have paid for them after all, you may as well use them. 

Why spend the money on the homeless or your various domestic issues, assuming you can admit any of them? You can arm yourselves to the teeth instead, in the name of peace.

Edited by Papillon

(edited)

For the users who will be instantly stating ''what's your solution then?'', I would state to you all that DayTrader rather summed up my views quite well, and his reply was completely ignored, as it vaguely suggested the USA has made mistakes, and that maybe they should have a plan now and again.

Some users do not wish to hear this. Make of that what you will. I know what I take from it. I also know why he has chosen to leave sheep.com. Good day.

Edited by Papillon

26 minutes ago, Papillon said:
On 1/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, ronwagn said:

Peace in the Middle East would be my end goal.

The users here who state this sort of thing appear to be the same ones that say the Middle East is toxic, has been for centuries, and 'we should leave them to it'. So which is it, as the same people appear happy for more death and conflict within minutes from what I can see. 

How have previous endeavours in the region been going with regard to 'achieving peace'? May I suggest 'leaving them to it' or using your weapons to obliterate another region and the people in charge there? You have paid for them after all, you may as well use them. 

Why spend the money on the homeless or your various domestic issues, assuming you can admit any of them? You can arm yourselves to the teeth instead, in the name of peace.

In fairness to Ron I don't believe he has said "leave them to it" I think that was other posters on here.

His comment is a noble one which we should all strive for, how or if it ever happens I don't believe anyone knows.

Regarding arming yourself to the teeth, this serves 2 purposes. 

1.) It maintains hegemony and allows additional political influence on foreign policy (in effect bullying).

2.) There is an argument that "arming yourself to the teeth" will prevent others from attacks on you or anyone else in the world, if you are perceived as the worlds policeman. Those with nuclear weapons have never been called upon to use them and has served as a deterrent for conventional warfare.

Whether this is morally correct is debatable however.

respectfully

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Papillon said:

I also know why he has chosen to leave sheep.com. Good day.

I'll miss @DayTrader sense of humour (note the second "U") and his sharp replies.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Those with nuclear weapons have never been called upon to use them

Tell that to the Japanese sir, they may hold a different view. 

9 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

and has served as a deterrent for conventional warfare.

It hasn't appeared to be much of a deterrent sir with regard to the last three decades in the region. 

With respect, Papillon. 

Edited by Papillon

59 minutes ago, Papillon said:
1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

Those with nuclear weapons have never been called upon to use them

Tell that to the Japanese sir, they may hold a different view. 

and has served as a deterrent for conventional warfare.

It hasn't appeared to be much of a deterrent sir with regard to the last three decades in the region. 

With respect, Papillon. 

Yes I should have clarified after their initial use and the devastation known once used!

Second point, many would argue it has stopped worse events from taking place ie between Russia and the US, but agree there have been many conventional wars and this remains the case today. I did start that point by saying "there is an argument" I didn't say I agreed with it necessarily.

I was just trying initially to say that Ron (to my knowledge) hasn't posted that "we should leave them to it" as he was referenced in your post.

Chill Papi

• Like 2

(edited)

21 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I was just trying initially to say that Ron (to my knowledge) hasn't posted that "we should leave them to it" as he was referenced in your post.

Agreed, fair enough sir, it was merely the latest example I've seen but yes, it was maybe not fair to the user himself to suggest he had said this specifically. 

His comment is a noble one

To be clear I was not suggesting otherwise.

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Chill Papi

My ancestors were original samurai sir. I am a natural warrior    /sarc

• Haha 2

Just now, Papillon said:

My ancestors were original samurai sir. I am a natural warrior    /sarc

Yeah I'm good at paper folding too   /sarc

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Yeah I'm good at paper folding too   /sarc

The senility appears somewhat catching sir? We should all book appointments urgently. 

Just now, Papillon said:

The senility appears somewhat catching sir? We should all book appointments urgently. 

Yeah we could practice your samurai origami

What were we talking about, i've forgotten

• Haha 2

(edited)

I'm not sure sir anymore but I believe if we just mention judo and the art of bonsai we have the stereotypes covered? 

Just jesting sir, I don't mind it, it is quite amusing. 

You'll have to excuse me as I am meeting The Queen for a spot of lunch.

Edited by Papillon
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Papillon said:

I'm not sure sir anymore but I believe if we just mention judo and the art of bonsai we have the stereotypes covered? 

Just jesting sir, I don't mind it, it is quite amusing. 

You've forgotten Sumo and geishas

How could you sir?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

How could you sir?

My apologies sir, you are quite correct.

I was a little distracted by the memory of Mount Fuji situated in my grandmother's garden.

• Haha 1

Are you a Republican, a Democrat, or a Southerner? This little test will help you decide:

You’re walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.

Suddenly, a Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at you…

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 chambered in .45 ACP, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Democrat’s Answer:

Well, that’s not enough information to answer the question! What is a Kimber 1911 and what does .45 ACP mean?

Does the man look poor or oppressed? Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation?

Does the pistol have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he’d be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus. This is all so confusing! BANG!

Republican’s Answer:

BANG!

Southerner’s Answer:

BANG!

BANG! BANG!

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click…..

(Sounds of reloading)

BANG!

BANG!

Click.

Daughter: “Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Speer Gold Dots or Federal Premium hollow points?!”

Son: “Can I shoot the next one?!”

Wife: “You are NOT taking that to a Taxidermist!”

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 3

I just can’t wait to see how some people will respond to this.

Keep in mind that this is Americans ‘poking fun’ at Americans, which we are known for. The anti-American responses should be just as humorous.

Personally, I am more of a Colt Gold Cup sort of guy....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I just can’t wait to see how some people will respond to this.

Keep in mind that this is Americans ‘poking fun’ at Americans, which we are known for. The anti-American responses should be just as humorous.

Personally, I am more of a Colt Gold Cup sort of guy....

I thought James was Scottish??

He does love a big gun though😂

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Keep in mind that this is Americans ‘poking fun’ at Americans, which we are known for.

With regard to continuous references to the other party sir, or previous presidents, due to an incapability to admit any, especially present day error whatsoever? I fully agree.

Mr Regan, it is a rather interesting question. Presumably sir, soon after this event the attacker's friends return and murder the family in question with more firearms? Soon after this, other members of the family retaliate yet again? This then continues until the point is reached in which the nation has the most gun deaths compared to any nation, by far? Presumably Americans are proud of this detail? 

Death appears a rather constant source of comedy here, but it does rather answer why America is such a mess and considered as such across the planet. 

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The anti-American responses should be just as humorous.

It didn't seem humorous to you sir when you made clear your concern of the maybe five members in total here apparently making the forum 'anti - USA'. The concept of such a thought even appeared somewhat foreign to you. This is due to the famous American ego perhaps in my view, and the assumption the world owes you anything at all? It is a relief you will find this amusing however and luckily will not take any offence sir. 

Edited by Papillon

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

Are you a Republican, a Democrat, or a Southerner? This little test will help you decide:

You’re walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.

Suddenly, a Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at you…

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 chambered in .45 ACP, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Democrat’s Answer:

Well, that’s not enough information to answer the question! What is a Kimber 1911 and what does .45 ACP mean?

Does the man look poor or oppressed? Is he really a terrorist? Am I guilty of profiling? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation?

Does the pistol have an appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he’d be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? Can we make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus. This is all so confusing! BANG!

Republican’s Answer:

BANG!

Southerner’s Answer:

BANG!

BANG! BANG!

Click…..

(Sounds of reloading)

BANG!

BANG!

Click.

Daughter: “Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Speer Gold Dots or Federal Premium hollow points?!”

Son: “Can I shoot the next one?!”

Wife: “You are NOT taking that to a Taxidermist!”

I must be a republican 

My family will still be alive and there will be 1 less nutter running around trying to hurt innocent people.

Its a shame DT isnt around anymore as he liked Buddhism teachings so couldnt kill another living thing, so his answer would be interesting, although I think Papillon said they both shared this interest so might help out with this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Mr Plant, I could not help but notice this American anecdote in the thread. By the way I have asked DT for you sir. 

''If a gun range instructor hands a fully automatic MAC-10 submachine gun to a young child, of the age of 6 or 8, and the boy pulls the trigger and the gun gets away from him by the recoil, and a wild round kills someone, that is not murder.  This actually happened at a range in Massachusetts''.

Delightful stories as ever with regard to firearms. I would have thought giving a young child a deadly weapon was utterly moronic personally. Some people do not feel this way clearly. Make of that what you will sir. 

Edited by Papillon
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, James Regan said:

BANG!

BANG!

Hey James, where's that photo of you shooting a 50 calibre.

(edited)

On 1/7/2020 at 8:11 PM, Zhong Lu said:

Remember: this is the Middle East.  The war continues.  

If it escalates anymore, you'll still be fighting Iran 20 years from now.  Or until the Dems take both Congress and the presidency.  Remember this prediction.  

This happened in 2008 - 2011

Obama - Dem Senate - Dem House

1.  Afghanistan
  2.  Iraq
  3.  Pakistan
  4.  Yemen
  5.  Iran
  6.  We have ongoing CIA hostilities, in coordination with Columbia, against Venezuela
  7.  Libya

All of them are undeclared Wars, in violation of the War Powers Act, and are Unconstitutional. Three years into Obama’s presidency, we had approximately double the number of Unconstitutional Wars going on than we did during the Bush-Cheney years.  But it will be different next time I'm sure.  

Edited by Bob D
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1