ronwagn

Historian Slams Greta. I Don't See Her in Beijing or Delhi.

Climate change is scary

crrub200121.gif.1a30dac76a46626eab93294b8678fbb9.gif

Climate scare tactics get boring and increasingly silly after a while.

3n2al6.jpg.e1661c209bccccd476ee7c3b8921bd1f.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

I understand GT is handicapped mentally and emotionally, and a teenager with limited education. To be pushed into the limelight, she must have handlers behind her. Overall, I understand her message, but I find the actions of her handlers exploitative and reprehensible. GT is a victim. Worse, is western society. To recognise her message is one thing, but any society that chooses a mentally handicapped teenager as their leader is sick and doomed. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

(edited)

14 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

I understand GT is handicapped mentally and emotionally, and a teenager with limited education. To be pushed into the limelight, she must have handlers behind her. Overall, I understand her message, but I find the actions of her handlers exploitative and reprehensible. GT is a victim

This I totally agree with this apart from mentally handicapped which she is not in the conventional meaning, she has Aspergers Syndrome. 

https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asperger.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8zbmJdpcvmDB06QXNErCNYanjPrSdwwtMUS5294l38B48Gc25ypgzEaAjBBEALw_wcB

She is most definitely being exploited and is a victim of this, worse it is by her own parents and their climate change agenda cronies who deprive her of her education at the same time as exploiting her.

However Western society hasn't "chosen" her, this is grossly inaccurate.

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

This I totally agree with apart from mentally handicapped which she is not in the conventional meaning, she has Aspergers Syndrome. 

https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asperger.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8zbmJdpcvmDB06QXNErCNYanjPrSdwwtMUS5294l38B48Gc25ypgzEaAjBBEALw_wcB

She is most definitely being exploited and is a victim of this, worse it is by her own parents and their climate change agenda cronies who deprive her of her education at the same time as exploiting her.

valid points. 

but consider:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/greta-thunberg-named-time-magazines-2019-person-year/story?id=67639965

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Just because a magazine sticks her on their front cover for a month doesn't mean the Western world has chosen her.

She has been exploited by the very people who should be protecting her which is abhorrent IMO.

The 2 things are very different.

Climate activists see a young girl who isn't scared to voice her opinions on a subject she is misinformed on as their poster girl. That's exploitative and just plain wrong. The Western world, from what I have seen, rightly thinks she is the victim of this whole thing and genuinely feels sorry for her. The people behind this are to blame, not Western society.

good points. 

5 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

This I totally agree with this apart from mentally handicapped which she is not in the conventional meaning, she has Aspergers Syndrome. 

I'm not convinced she's got autism. The more likely explanation is she's a piss poor actress going off memorised lines. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

An interesting observation

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Relating China's pollution problems with respiratory disease might indicate that prior respiratory illness could well be a factor in setting up more deaths and severe illness than if they had been breathing cleaner air. It is much like a heavy smoker is in a similar state of health. Imagine if they were also a smoker. 

20 times the particulates of the U.S. limit. https://grist.org/cities/chinas-smog-city-what-wuhan-looks-like-with-20-times-the-u-s-dust-limit/

561a53d2jw1dtu66iouowj.jpeg

Here is a link showing pollution in Wuhan. https://www.google.com/search?q=wuhan+china+pollution&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ0ZgLUOV2jRpnAygOXCGBD9kboPA:1579899139185&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9guP3jp3nAhUOOs0KHe0jDzMQ_AUoAXoECBAQAw&biw=1600&bih=789

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 3
  • Great Response! 2

8 hours ago, frankfurter said:

I understand GT is handicapped mentally and emotionally, and a teenager with limited education. To be pushed into the limelight, she must have handlers behind her. Overall, I understand her message, but I find the actions of her handlers exploitative and reprehensible. GT is a victim. Worse, is western society. To recognize her message is one thing, but any society that chooses a mentally handicapped teenager as their leader is sick and doomed. 

With her being a high functioning child that was trained to do what she is doing. Look at the pics of her eating on the train ride. It is obvious that she is oblivious to all the plastic she is using. If she really felt this way she would have refused to eat off of all single use plastic. Her parents are using her for their own agenda. I am sure they are making a ton of money off of all of this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

I'm not convinced she's got autism. The more likely explanation is she's a piss poor actress going off memorised lines. 

Asperger's Syndrome is usually a higher functioning form of autism. Some are really good at memorizing things, some are really sensitive in different environments like noise or lighting. It seems Greta has a fairly lighter case than some, she is able to function well enough to spew the rhetoric she has been taught

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

This whole thing is her parents using a young girl to spew their personal rhetoric, they know that people will be more open to listen to the cute little girl rather than listening to a couple of whining adults with nothing new to say. I almost feel sorry for her, but I am sure her parents are raking the money in, so she will never have to worry about anything in her life...😢

• Like 2

Why don’t you boys turn your attention from Gretta and countries and turn it to the worlds 2100 billionaires. I believe you will find the source of many problems.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Boat said:

Why don’t you boys turn your attention from Gretta and countries and turn it to the worlds 2100 billionaires. I believe you will find the source of many problems.

Could it be because Greta's message is BEING FORCIBLY SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS and MSM does not allow us to ignore the message from Greta and HER ADULT HANDLERS? 

Just a thought.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Boat said:

Like the guy that owns a LOT of news papers and TV Stations that dictates what his employees will say? Right wrong or indifferent they spew garbage from their mouths in the name of money. Integrity to them is a big fat $, nothing more. the only difference between right and wrong for them is the dollar sign. I should go be a journalist, it can't be that difficult to spew made up garbage or the boss's rhetoric for a buck....

Just now, Tom Kirkman said:

Could it be because Greta's message is BEING FORCIBLY SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS and MSM does not allow us to ignore the message from Greta and HER ADULT HANDLERS? 

Just a thought.

Well Sir Tom, I don't have cable TV, or a dish for satellite, so I don't have the MSM jamming that crap down my throat all the time. I use the internet just enough to get the weather, traffic, and local news for my area. If they start spewing crap from their mouths about Greta. I turn it off. It doesn't bother me simply because I am not supporting them by paying ridiculous cable bills every month. 79.95 my ass, another group of liars that keep spewing that flat rate to everyone, and it's a LIE. In order to access that 79.95 you pay a lot of money to "rent" a box to un scramble the signal. I won't do it again... 80.00 turns into 140.00 real quick with them.... You can get an app on a Roku that will bring you the local news only, so you can skip all the trash coming from NBC Nightly Frightly

15 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Why are the biggest polluters being ignored?

nullQ8PrfRd0R7I6JLNOKZCl9LCTEsExbKlVv1GDIwiGuO0-oovH0fWjQ3zWigxzZeWhxxP0nJv63iLelWoTUlWVZqNhRRHd5DWrAdHu2rNhITlqfJh6IzqTIWtd5DkvkqnyurUeBN4

Posting that picture of Africa as if it implies they are the biggest GHG polluter is ridiculous. I used to like Watson but now view him as a Fake News merchant and that WHO map just backs that point up - as if some Peasant in Chad and Mali is the biggest polluter in the world🙄

Greta Thunbergs (or her handlers) remit is over global warming gases and not specifically local pollution. That global map is a representation of particulate exposures (PM 2.5 & PM 10). For certain the bulk of exposures in North Africa and across central Asia are from natural sources like wind blown desert dust. They are not harmless but nor are they something we have much control over either. 

If you want to look at GHG emissions then CO2 emission per capita is the best parameter. This would be a better a guide as to who has the most prolific emissions and thus most opportunity to cut

https://www.carbon-dioxide-properties.com/CO2/Maps/CO2Emissions#.Xitd5m52uUl

Top of the League  examples (>10 tonnes per capita per year)

Qatar 40

Kuwait 27

UAE 19

USA 16

Australia 16

Canada 13

Russia 12

South Korea 12

Norway 11

Netherlands 10

Middle Ranking

Japan <10

Germany <10

South Africa  9

New Zealand 8

China 8

Iran 8

Uk 7

Italy 6

France 5

Lower ranks

India 1.6

Pakistan < 1.0

Bangladesh <0.5

On the basis of the above GT's focus should be on the top rank and upper end of the middle ranks. I wouldn't worry too much about India with emissions per head at one tenth of the USA

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

This whole thing is her parents using a young girl to spew their personal rhetoric, they know that people will be more open to listen to the cute little girl rather than listening to a couple of whining adults with nothing new to say. I almost feel sorry for her, but I am sure her parents are raking the money in, so she will never have to worry about anything in her life...😢

Have you considered perhaps that she genuinely believes this and her parents simply help her articulate her message?

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Greta is now winning on all angles, the scowling troll is now a mentally ill little girl being berated on MSN. This very small for her age girl and her handlers should be disgusted with themselves as there are children out there who are actually sick and have have to live with it daily as do their parents and siblings its no joking matter and if you were really mentally ill the last thing on your mind would be showing up at Davos etc.

Her condition could be the inset  of any one of the Bi-Polar disorders that often shows its signs in the late teens of young women. I have no doubt she believes she had superpowers before she got in front of us all, this is a common side affect of Bi-Polarity etc ie you have special powers or hear voices telling you what to do. She unfortunately has this affect doubled as her illness is being fed by her handlers and her psychosis is being alimented by some very sick people who are supposed to be her family.

Secondly she is causing panic in a very easily led age group who think that the world is going to implode around 2040. There are going to be a lot of very disturbed young adults in the next decade and this will probably lead to some form of militant behaviour or eco terrorism against governments. Do people really believe that governments can change the cycle the world is going through? Some governments are good some bad some have very good intentions but all of them have trouble balancing their budgets and I don't see any of them with the capabilities of realignment of the solar system. 

Edited by James Regan
  • Upvote 2

And look at the pis of her on the train traveling. Eating from all single use plastic... Flying all over the world... She has no clue what any of this really means, she is just an actress playing a part her parents have trained her for.

• Great Response! 2

8 minutes ago, NickW said:

Have you considered perhaps that she genuinely believes this and her parents simply help her articulate her message?

Impossible.

I love these threads where old guys are threatened by -and then lash out at- a little girl.

Don't be sore that she has outstripped your life accomplishments at such a young age. It happens.

All of you skip over the fact that the guys still says climate change is a problem... but not on Oil price, Greta is the problem here.

To repeat, he says her message is correct, she is just speaking to the wrong people.

• Rolling Eye 1

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Impossible.

I love these threads where old guys are threatened by -and then lash out at- a little girl.

Don't be sore that she has outstripped your life accomplishments at such a young age. It happens.

I love Greta

Anyone who winds up people on here like she does is alright by me😁

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NickW said:

Posting that picture of Africa as if it implies they are the biggest GHG polluter is ridiculous.

You're the only one saying GHG. The caption says "biggest polluters". Seems to me there's all kinds of pollution, and given that all life on earth's surface needs CO2 to survive, I'm not convinced it's a pollutant. 

As for per capita pollution, that's ridiculous. Either it's bad in toto or it isn't. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1