ronwagn

Historian Slams Greta. I Don't See Her in Beijing or Delhi.

7 hours ago, NickW said:

Only airborne with train movements. Once they stop they settle out within half an hour

So unless you catch the first train of the day you are breathing it.

37 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

So unless you catch the first train of the day you are breathing it.

If it's the NYC subway, I'm more concerned about the feces and urine 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

If it's the NYC subway, I'm more concerned about the feces and urine 

Airborne stuff bothers me, but touching surfaces like dirty handholds bothers me more; those train surfaces should have more Ag & Cu for sanitation.

2 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Airborne stuff bothers me, but touching surfaces like dirty handholds bothers me more; those train surfaces should have more Ag & Cu for sanitation.

And now you know why I wear this handy mask…  😎

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

And now you know why I wear this handy mask…  😎

Give me a blindfold - ignorance is bliss.

Quoting myself from another thread, but the argument remains the same:

Consider the Pacific Wild Salmon.  It is at 1% of its historical breeding population. 

The 3 'greenest' states and one big 'green' Canadian territory in one of the 'greenest' (most developed) regions of the world have reduced salmon levels by over 99%. 

We needed 'green' energy for all those people living in these 'green' states so we built a series of 'green' dams which have effectively put the salmon on the pathway to extinction.

Also effectively already dead are the Resident Orca.  They are living on borrowed time.  Like a chicken with its head removed and the legs keep kicking.

And somehow, while the  west coast are still busy killing the Orca... we're expecting Africa, Asia, and South America to do BETTER than the US/Canada?   I call BS.  If fre**ing Oregon is overpopulated enough to drive Grizzlies and Orcas to extinction, you can consider all megafauna the world over on borrowed time as well. 

Am I saying this to rub salt in the wound?  No, it is killing me.  And this is one example of literally millions of species that our urbanization and sub-urbanization has made non-endemic, limited only to 'reservations' a few acres across. 

"Well its true my neighborhood used to house deer, foxes, wolves and bears, and now its a row of townhouses, but I drive a Hybrid!!!! So I'm literally saving the planet".  

Carbon is a proxy argument for ecological damage.  Our presence is what is devastating.  Hybirds are the solution to the proxy argument... which they can SELL you while you think of yourself as not doing damage, when in reality you are.  But no more than the other 8 billion presences on the planet.

The argument of overpopulation should not be about 'how many more people can we cram into this space and feed / remove the sh** they produce on a weekly basis'.   It should be about the fact that we are headed at blinding speed towards a world of humans, cockroaches, pigeons and city rats. 

This will happen 1000s of years before 'OMGCarbon'

Ironically, if Washington, Oregon, British Columbia and N. California could learn to burn some oil... they could feasibly save the fish, orcas, and bears. 

"Mr. Inslee... Tear Down This Wall [Dam]"

And once again that pesky ‘population explosion’ seems to be at fault...

• Like 1