Tom Kirkman

Don't sneeze. Coronavirus is a threat to oil markets and global economies

15 minutes ago, GunnysGhost said:

Frankfurter has enthusiastically taken on the role of Forum Troll. 

Nah, just an enthusiastic devil's advocate, trying hard to counter opposing views.

Trolls don't actually believe the stuff they write, trolls are just trying to provoke a reaction.  Near as I can tell, frankfurter firmly believes the stuff he writes, which makes him *not* a troll.  Just enthusiastic.

Obviously, my opinion may be wrong.

Oh, to everyone, prolly better to dispute ideas with logic rather than emotion.

Carry on.

91c427f301af88c1e02df976cd7ab13e504bb4e98efa687a79f44180b96161db.jpg.21092b8dae8b85047d7bed8fef58919e.jpg

5c2bb3337c57f2bfef9e7f18e2ac2868f9335091b491c00d924f1a8705fb9333.thumb.jpg.5da1e814eb60f48a66996b4308bdb0a9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Nah, just an enthusiastic devil's advocate, trying hard to counter opposing views.

Trolls don't actually believe the stuff they write, trolls are just trying to provoke a reaction.  Near as I can tell, frankfurter firmly believes the stuff he writes, which makes him *not* a troll.  Just enthusiastic.

Carry on.

Yields to the Major. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemlee/shoddy-coronavirus-studies-are-going-viral-and-stoking-panic

A scientist in India blasted out the provocative finding to his more than 200,000 Twitter followers: “They hint at the possibility that this Chinese virus was designed [‘not fortuitous’]. Scary if true.” A Harvard researcher with tens of thousands of followers called it “very intriguing.”

Where scientific bona fides intersect with social media ratings when get these results.  Think Greta!

• Haha 1

Just saw this headline

Tencent may have accidentally leaked real data on Wuhan virus deaths

On late Saturday evening (Feb. 1), Tencent, on its webpage titled "Epidemic Situation Tracker", showed confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in China as standing at 154,023, 10 times the official figure at the time. It listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

2 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Obviously, you know nothing about China.  Disincentives?  Are you familiar with the mercury water at Flint, USA?  Did not the responsible parties have an incentive to cover-up? Would this not be a disincentive?  Flint is but one of hundreds of cases of cover-ups in the USA.  uh, double standards?  

Whataboutism. China still paying you wumaos? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bob D said:

Just saw this headline

On late Saturday evening (Feb. 1), Tencent, on its webpage titled "Epidemic Situation Tracker", showed confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in China as standing at 154,023, 10 times the official figure at the time. It listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

Scary. Does anyone hear believe the official numbers out of China? If anyone does I have a big golden bridge I would like to sell... Great price ....I am a motivated seller

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bob D said:

Where scientific bona fides intersect with social media ratings when get these results.  Think Greta!

Eh. She's just a smart teenage girl.  

• Rolling Eye 1

3 hours ago, Bob D said:

Just saw this headline

so 154k confirmed 24K dead. 16% top line mortality

80k suspected.so low estimate is 11% mortality - in line with SARS. 

Far more credible than the official numbers. Last number I found for Saturday was 43k suspected in Hubei. Those numbers are far more appropriate to correlate with the drastic actions China had taken. Looking at the official numbers, I wondered why they were wiling to cut off 60 million people and 5% of their GDP from the country completely at a 2.3 R0 and 2-3% mortality. At 11-16% mortality and R0 apparently around 5, that is a more reasonably proportionate response. . 

I see why they were considering letting the people in Hubei die, they were not letting supplies through the quarantine. Food trucks were held back for days. I wonder if the CCP was willing to have 6 million dead and possibly killing the rest of the 60 million residents by starvation. Thinking that was their idea of a legitimate solution to the epidemic? 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

17 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Not that you're some kind of bio weapon expert, but logically you'd need the disease first to be able to design the cure. Letting the disease out of the level 4 lab likely wasn't in the plan. 

Some light reading for you

In their defense, they might have been trying to create a vaccine for SARS and botched the job. 

More light reading for you

Fascinating.

I like the conclusion.  It is very polite science speak for "something weird is going on here but we are not brave enough, or have enough data yet, to speculate."

"This uncanny similarity of novel inserts in the 2019- nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag is unlikely to be fortuitous. Further, 3D modelling suggests that at least 3 of the unique inserts which are non-contiguous in the primary protein sequence of the 2019-nCoV spike glycoprotein converge to constitute the key components of the receptor binding site. Of note, all the 4 inserts have pI values of around 10 that may facilitate virus-host interactions. Taken together, our findings suggest unconventional evolution of 2019-nCoV that warrants further investigation."

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

so 154k confirmed 24K dead. 16% top line mortality

80k suspected.so low estimate is 11% mortality - in line with SARS. 

Far more credible than the official numbers. Last number I found for Saturday was 43k suspected in Hubei. Those numbers are far more appropriate to correlate with the drastic actions China had taken. Looking at the official numbers, I wondered why they were wiling to cut off 60 million people and 5% of their GDP from the country completely at a 2.3 R0 and 2-3% mortality. At 11-16% mortality and R0 apparently around 5, that is a more reasonably proportionate response. . 

I see why they were considering letting the people in Hubei die, they were not letting supplies through the quarantine. Food trucks were held back for days. I wonder if the CCP was willing to have 6 million dead and possibly killing the rest of the 60 million residents by starvation. Thinking that was their idea of a legitimate solution to the epidemic? 

Last summer I met two people from Wuhan, a husband and his wife. Their son is a professor here. They didn't speak English and were excited that I could have a rudimentary conversation with them in Mandarin. So my data set for people in Wuhan is 2/11,000,000

What are the odds that the two I met both came down with this disease and the husband has already died from it? I've spent the past two weeks wondering about this. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Last summer I met two people from Wuhan, a husband and his wife. Their son is a professor here. They didn't speak English and were excited that I could have a rudimentary conversation with them in Mandarin. So my data set for people in Wuhan is 2/11,000,000

What are the odds that the two I met both came down with this disease and the husband has already died from it? I've spent the past two weeks wondering about this. 

My condolences. Out of curiosity what do/did they do for a living?  Just wondering if they made lots of contacts on a daily basis. 

Good time to be a lonely computer programmer versus a bus driver.

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

My condolences. Out of curiosity what do/did they do for a living?  Just wondering if they made lots of contacts on a daily basis. 

Good time to be a lonely computer programmer versus a bus driver.

My understanding was the father was a professor also. I neglected to ask the subject. Neither of them were ever at the wet market. They were turned away at 6 hospitals they visited. They finally went to a clinic where they were told to self quarantine at their apartment, which they did. By the time they got out of the clinic, public transportation was shut down, so they were forced to walk home 1.5 hours, while deathly ill. Who knows how many they might have infected on that walk? 

That's about all I know. The son is pretty broken up about it and I don't have the heart to pester him with all the questions I want to ask. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

On 2/2/2020 at 5:50 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

PDF attached here (sorry lurkers, pretty sure you need to be a registered member of the forum to download attachments).

Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag.pdf 1.66 MB 

17 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Not that you're some kind of bio weapon expert, but logically you'd need the disease first to be able to design the cure. Letting the disease out of the level 4 lab likely wasn't in the plan. 

Some light reading for you

In their defense, they might have been trying to create a vaccine for SARS and botched the job. 

More light reading for you

51 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Fascinating.

I like the conclusion.  It is very polite science speak for "something weird is going on here but we are not brave enough, or have enough data yet, to speculate."

"This uncanny similarity of novel inserts in the 2019- nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag is unlikely to be fortuitous. Further, 3D modelling suggests that at least 3 of the unique inserts which are non-contiguous in the primary protein sequence of the 2019-nCoV spike glycoprotein converge to constitute the key components of the receptor binding site. Of note, all the 4 inserts have pI values of around 10 that may facilitate virus-host interactions. Taken together, our findings suggest unconventional evolution of 2019-nCoV that warrants further investigation."

Good to see others digging for information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

My understanding was the father was a professor also. I neglected to ask the subject. Neither of them were ever at the wet market. They were turned away at 6 hospitals they visited. They finally went to a clinic where they were told to self quarantine at their apartment, which they did. By the time they got out of the clinic, public transportation was shut down, so they were forced to walk home 1.5 hours, while deathly ill. Who knows how many they might have infected on that walk? 

That's about all I know. The son is pretty broken up about it and I don't have the heart to pester him with all the questions I want to ask. 

Condolences on the loss of your friends. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Condolences on the loss of your friends. 

I wish they were friends, more like acquaintances from a chance meeting. Reminds me that life is short and we have to make the best of our experiences. I'm glad I chatted them up maybe gave them the idea that not all yangguodzu were that bad. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/24/2020 at 4:38 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Just before Chinese New Year on the 25th, it looks like the Coronavirus emanating from China is going to cause multi-form, intertwined havoc, globally. 

Health, markets, energy demand, travel plans, economy, all going to get whacked.  Starting in China already.  How hard the whacks will be remain to be seen, but whacks are already being dished out.

Lets see how far the health problems spread globally by next week, along with a resultant knockdown on all sorts of other economic and energy factors.

So that ^ was my opening comment on 24th January.  And it was met immediately with comments like:

"This is such utter bullshit."

"Utter Claptrap Clickbait BS."

So now, 10 days later, anyone still wish to dispute my opening comment?

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Derrick Broze of Houston takes a look at the unfolding Coronavirus pandemic, discusses the evidence the virus is manufactured, the Event 201 simulation, and the resulting censorship and quarantines.

Derrick points out some of the government goals/agendas with this pandemic.

(24 minutes) - https://youtu.be/dag0lhB7WtQ

Show Notes:

https://wp.me/paT9J6-2LH

Dr. Francis Boyle Creator Of BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon.

Dr Boyle is also very familiar with Professor Graeme MacQueen who has published scientific papers which demonstrate that the U.S. government was involved with the anthrax attacks shortly after 9/11/2001.

(38 minute interview)

Francis Boyle: Wuhan Coronavirus is an Offensive Biological Warfare Weapon”

https://youtu.be/TsyujjitOFM

The above video comes from the Zero Hedge article…

“Creator Of US BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon”

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/creator-bioweapons-act-says-coronavirus-biological-warfare-weapon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

So that ^ was my opening comment on 24th January.  And it was met immediately with comments like:

"This is such utter bullshit."

"Utter Claptrap Clickbait BS."

So now, 10 days later, anyone still wish to dispute my opening comment?

It's actually been much less eventful than I expected... at least from my perspective.

Still waiting for the ripples to spread. Not sure how big the coming wave is? (I actually agree with you... just bracing for a wave I already expected to be showing ripples)

Interestingly I've seen many people in airports wearing masks... though notably not showing any signs of illness. Many asian, but also a few caucasians. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Yep, WHO and Google know what is best for everyone.  Trust the official narrative.    / sarc

... Since the outbreak began, a number of misleading claims and hoaxes about the virus have circulated online. 

They include false conspiracy theories that the virus was created in a lab ...

On 2/3/2020 at 9:35 PM, Enthalpic said:

"Most of these were personally spread by a Mr. Tom Kirkman." 

Anyway, let's continue down the path of  QUESTIONING  EVERYTHING  that is presented as "the official narrative".

The Lies We Are Being Told About The Coronavirus

So what are some of the most insidious lies being spread right now on the virus threat? Lets go through a quick list of those I've identified so far:

Lie #1: Deaths Caused By The Coronavirus Are Nothing Compared To The Death Rate Of The Average Flu...

This lie seems to be the most common being used to plant seeds of apathy in the public consciousness right now.  I have even heard people on the street regurgitate it verbatim as they try to convince themselves that all is well.  But even using official numbers, which are likely false and greatly reduced, the argument is simply wrong on every level.  ...

Lie #2: The Coronavirus Came From An Animal Market And The Claim It Is Engineered Is A “Conspiracy Theory”...

The phrase “conspiracy theory” is usually exploited as a way to dismiss facts and evidence without consideration on the basis that the official story is the only story that has any validity. In other words, the official story requires no justification because the authorities are infallible and always have our best interests at heart.

The problem is, governments and the mainstream media have been caught lying over and over again about issues far less important than a global pandemic, so I'm not sure why we should trust ANYTHING they say ever. There is considerable evidence that China has been lying incessantly about the number of sick and dead due to the coronavirus, including leaked accounts from medics and other people at ground zero in Wuhan.  These people are now being silenced by the Chinese government.  In fact, the Chinese government was suppressing coverage and information on the coronavirus from the very beginning of the contagion, which helped allow it to spread unchecked.  ...

Trust Your Mechanic - Dead Kennedys | YouTube

• Like 1

(edited)

On 1/25/2020 at 4:13 AM, El Nikko said:

I bet everyone will have forgotten about this in a few weeks, just like all the other epidemics that never happened

Where have you been? @Anthony Okrongly "wrongly" missed too it seems. 

@wrs hasn't much to say

🤪🤪😜🙃🤯🤐😱😱

Edited by Ward Smith
Added Anthony
  • Haha 1

Run! Hide! The sky is falling.!! 

Hysteria resolves nothing.

True. We live now in an era of fake news, aka propaganda. Unfortunately, all MSM and governments propagate lies, leading to dire consequences. The worst offender is the USA. The lies about 911 and WMD in Iraq have led to the deaths of millions: with minuscule being Americans. The consequences of China's propaganda is limited to its own people, and has not caused the murders of innocent millions outside, yet China is vilified as the world's worst propagandist.

The numbers leaked by Tencent are extremely suspect. A confirmed case requires examination and diagnosis, which requires facilities, time, and staffing to complete. All resources are swamped: like trying to pour a bathtub of water into a Pepsi bottle. Do readers here believe Tencent has its own facilities and staff for this?  Thousands of cadavers must be processed. Where are they stacked? Rotting in the outdoors to create even more problems? Tencent took a census? How? Where are the photos? Possible cases are the guess of anyone. Tencent took a census?

Even if the possible are 100k cases, that is less than 1% of the population - omg, save yourselves, run for the hills. 

The WHO has people on the ground in Wuhan. The WHO is satisfied China is doing everything possible to contain, treat, manage and report the situation.  So readers here suspect the WHO for fake news too?  

This virus is and will be contained. The peak should occur soon and eradication will follow in due course. Only at the end will we be able to count and assess the damage.

• Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Carry on.

91c427f301af88c1e02df976cd7ab13e504bb4e98efa687a79f44180b96161db.jpg.21092b8dae8b85047d7bed8fef58919e.jpg

5c2bb3337c57f2bfef9e7f18e2ac2868f9335091b491c00d924f1a8705fb9333.thumb.jpg.5da1e814eb60f48a66996b4308bdb0a9.jpg

so juvenile.  whats next: sticks and stones...?  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

Run! Hide! The sky is falling.!! 

Hysteria resolves nothing.

True. We live now in an era of fake news, aka propaganda. Unfortunately, all MSM and governments propagate lies, leading to dire consequences. The worst offender is the USA. The lies about 911 and WMD in Iraq have led to the deaths of millions: with minuscule being Americans. The consequences of China's propaganda is limited to its own people, and has not caused the murders of innocent millions outside, yet China is vilified as the world's worst propagandist.

The numbers leaked by Tencent are extremely suspect. A confirmed case requires examination and diagnosis, which requires facilities, time, and staffing to complete. All resources are swamped: like trying to pour a bathtub of water into a Pepsi bottle. Do readers here believe Tencent has its own facilities and staff for this?  Thousands of cadavers must be processed. Where are they stacked? Rotting in the outdoors to create even more problems? Tencent took a census? How? Where are the photos? Possible cases are the guess of anyone. Tencent took a census?

Even if the possible are 100k cases, that is less than 1% of the population - omg, save yourselves, run for the hills. 

The WHO has people on the ground in Wuhan. The WHO is satisfied China is doing everything possible to contain, treat, manage and report the situation.  So readers here suspect the WHO for fake news too?  

This virus is and will be contained. The peak should occur soon and eradication will follow in due course. Only at the end will we be able to count and assess the damage.

So, deflection about how America is evil, incorrect statements (China has in fact murdered millions outside of China... some of which is now inside of China as they continue to murder millions), more deflection about how tencient wouldn't have the data (keep in mind Tencient is a beloved company of the CCP and a huge conglomerate with its hands in everything. If the CCP was actually trying to model the spread and run different scenarios, they'd be on the list to work with. Feeding them real data could help make the models more accurate), minimization by removing context or providing false context (wasnt that Lie#1  Tom?), yes the WHO has demonstrated they are willing to bend to the CCP in order to not be completely shut out (making them entirely unreliable in the current outbreak, if they had much credibility before), and finally unsupported conjecture that theres no problem.

Nothing to see here... move along...

(Did I miss anything?)

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

so juvenile.  whats next: sticks and stones...?  

You realize Tom was DEFENDING you, right?

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

“Oh, to everyone, prolly better to dispute ideas with logic rather than emotion”

Why you be dissing Freddy?

• Haha 2

(edited)

So... who is willing to put their money into a company that's supposed to be making a vaccine for this? Or perhaps consider APT, which makes face masks? INO sold off the last week and is now back in the 3.5's, which is why I decided to jump in again.  Anyone else wish to try? 

I don't guarantee profits [in fact you may lose all your money, oh ho ho], but if people believe in what they say here, they should seriously consider stocks involved in this corona virus stuff like pharmaceuticals and facemask makers.

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Great Response! 1