Tom Kirkman

Germany’s overdose of renewable energy

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Why do you say ‘unfortunately’? 

Finally - are you aware a Glacier is actually a moving object? Your post seems to suggest otherwise

How so? Regardless of if it advances or recedes, there was still a farming community there before the ice was there...indicating a more temperate environment PRIOR to the glacier.

As to the old fellow, dressed as he was, trying to cross a glacier and dying of hypothermia is somewhat of a reach, don’t you think?

(edited)

2 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Finally - are you aware a Glacier is actually a moving object? Your post seems to suggest otherwise

How so? Regardless of if it advances or recedes, there was still a farming community there before the ice was there...indicating a more temperate environment PRIOR to the glacier.

As to the old fellow, dressed as he was, trying to cross a glacier and dying of hypothermia is somewhat of a reach, don’t you think?

Perhaps it was summer - gets quite hot in those mountains and he had an injury. 

I don't get what your point is - humans have been travelling through the Alps every since the end of the ice Age and perhaps during it. 

Edited by NickW

On 5/12/2020 at 1:39 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

3.4.5.6. Before you said the oil was buried by landslides. Now you are saying it is flowing up from the center of the Earth. Ok. If as you say the oil has identifiable C14 yet it is not contaminated from the atmosphere where C14 is primarily created and there are no processes in the Earth that can create it  then how do you explain it having any C14 at all? Where did this C14 come from? You can't simply say it is young oil. Young abiogenic oil won't have C14 unless some other process has acted upon the oil inside the earth to create the C14. I've got a few ideas but I'd like to know what you think.

7. If everything is all jumbled up then all the fossils of all epochs that we find should be mixed together but that is very, very rare. Can you provide more than a couple examples? If what you say is true then every fossil bed should demonstrate these jumbled up fossils from different ages.

Are you being purposefully obtuse, or just illiterate regarding basic geology at anything beyond the 14 year old junior high level?

3 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Are you being purposefully obtuse, or just illiterate regarding basic geology at anything beyond the 14 year old junior high level?

Uh oh, did I find a varve hole in your analysis? 🤣 The questions stand. Can you give an answer or not?

As to geologic illiteracy that is rich. Your geologic analysis would only pass a class at some crazy evangelical college like Oral Roberts. I actually took a geologic catastrophism class when I was at the Univ. of California and got an A. 

(edited)

23 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Uh oh, did I find a varve hole in your analysis? 🤣 The questions stand. Can you give an answer or not?

As to geologic illiteracy that is rich. Your geologic analysis would only pass a class at some crazy evangelical college like Oral Roberts. I actually took a geologic catastrophism class when I was at the Univ. of California and got an A. 

Careful, most of these people don't like California.  All that silicon valley money, environmentalism, and liberalism.  They think California is backwards even though it makes a large percentage of the money and food for the nation.

Trump gladly taxes them and hands it out to flyover farmers who vote for him. #Fact

Edited by Enthalpic

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

Careful, most of these people don't like California.  All that silicon valley money, environmentalism, and liberalism.  They think California is backwards even though is makes a larger percentage of the money and food for the nation.

Yeah I know, that is part of the fun! I even live in Silicon Valley. Drove by the Tesla factory this morning and saw it back in operation.😎

• Upvote 1

Of course, the farmers votes wouldn't need to be bought (with Californian money) if trump didn't start a lost trade war.

(edited)

27 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Careful, most of these people don't like California.  All that silicon valley money, environmentalism, and liberalism.  They think California is backwards even though it makes a large percentage of the money and food for the nation.

Trump gladly taxes them and hands it out to flyover farmers who vote for him. #Fact

Then why is ‘the fifth largest economy on the planet’ perpetually broke and constantly in need of Federal funds?

As for geology, the accepted theory as to the source of oil (essentially organic material being buried and acted on by heat and pressure), is still a THEORY.

There are some old wells in Russia which mysteriously ‘recharge’...look it up!

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Rrr

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Then why is ‘the fifth largest economy on the planet’ perpetually broke and constantly in need of Federal funds?

Why does the largest economy in the world (USA) constantly run massive deficits and have out of control debt?

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 1

California elected a bodybuilder who can barely speak.  The US elected a corrupt reality TV show "star" / failed businessman for POTUS.

When was the last time you went to Atlantic city to gamble? Probably never (Trump logic).

You say "federal funds" like they exist - you mean debt

7 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Why does the largest economy in the world (USA) constantly run massive deficits and have out of control debt?

It is considered impolite to answer a question with a question....

Perhaps you can answer mine, then we can move on to yours.

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

OK because they spend more than they make.  They want federal handouts because they contribute more / most.

Broke cornfield trump voter has contributed less income tax his/her entire life then one silicon valley employee does in a single year.

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

OK because they spend more than they make.  They want federal handouts because they contribute more / most.

Broke cornfield trump voter has contributed less income tax his/her entire life then one silicon valley employee does in a single year.

As to your first paragraph: They contribute the more/most of what? A very ambiguous reply.

As to your second paragraph: How do YOU know what income tax ANY person who voted for Trump paid, or for that matter, what any ‘silicon valley’ employee paid in income tax, in any year?

You seem to be inferring that all Trump voters are farmers and none hold high tech jobs...do you realize how f**king stupid tour entire response makes you appear to others?

Edited by Douglas Buckland
Ttt

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

We have been running an annual budget surplus for 5 or 6 years now after digging out of Arnie's hole he put us in. Before he became governor we were also running surpluses. Though with the virus this year we will have a deficit.

We also pay @$14 billion more in federal taxes than we get back. 14 billion is about what our annual deficit was in say 2012. So if we didn't have to support the flyover states, who get far more from the feds than they pay, we wouldn't have had nearly the deficit problem that we did.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

As to your first paragraph: They contribute the more/most of what? A very ambiguous reply.

As to your second paragraph: How do YOU

More food and cash.

Sadly, I still pay taxes even without a job. They tax me on dividends and capital gains. I have no children so I get no free money. Friend of mine has two kids (one disabled (CP)) and gets over $10,000 of free cash each year.

I pay, and I pay, and I get nothing.

U.S. Census Bureau
[hide]Total fiscal year 2015 state debt, U.S. Census Bureau
State Total state debt State debtranking
California $151,715,007,000 1

Are you guys going to argue over debt in the United States?  Seriously?  We haven't had a debt free year at the federal level since 

January 8, 1835

On January 8, 1835, President Andrew Jackson achieves his goal of entirely paying off the United States' national debt. It was the only time in U.S. history that the national debt stood at zero, and it precipitated one of the worst financial crises in American history.Aug 29, 2019
  • Haha 3

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I pay, and I pay, and I get nothing.

I have never been on welfare, or employment insurance, workers injury compensation, I have never made a claim against my automobile or home insurance.

All I do is pay.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

32 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

As to your second paragraph: How do YOU know what income tax ANY person who voted for Trump paid, or for that matter, what any ‘silicon valley’ employee paid in income tax, in any year?

You seem to be inferring that all Trump voters are farmers and none hold high tech jobs...do you realize how f**king stupid tour entire response makes you appear to others?

Show me states that have a large number of high paying jobs - most will be blue.

Don't use old data as oil is in the dumpster. Oil and/or corn states are extra broke - don't include them. Florida tourism is dead too.... but of course if trump owns a golf course that will reopen ASAP.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

38 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:
U.S. Census Bureau
[hide]Total fiscal year 2015 state debt, U.S. Census Bureau
State Total state debt State debtranking
California $151,715,007,000 1

The more important and relevant figures are:

Debt per GDP we rank 24th worst in the nation behind states such as Kentucky 2nd, W. Virginia 4th,Arkansas 7th, Alaska 11th, Alabama 13th,Pennsylvania 15th, N.Dakota 17th, Texas 18th, Louisiana 19th. 

Debt per capita we rank 11th worst behind states such as N.Dakota 9th and Alaska 5th.c

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/state_spending_rank_2020hH0C

Edited by Jay McKinsey
fixed error

(edited)

It is easy to demonstrate that democrats are better educated and make more money.

You can argue that money and education makes you liberal, or the liberalism makes you smart and rich. 

Dumb and broke trump supporters still get an equal vote. 

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

45 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I'm sorry trump voter - tell me about your awesome high paying job.

Oh wait....

No job and probably can't vote because you prefer to live elsewhere.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

I too can't vote and prefer to live elsewhere.

Edited by Enthalpic