ff

Has Trump put the USA at the service of Israel?

https://www.wrmea.org/old-html/sharon-to-peres-don-t-worry-about-american-pressure-we-control-america.html

“Every time we do something, you tell me America will do this and that… 
I want to tell you…. don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. 
We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”
- Ariel Sharon, Prime Minister of Israel, 3 October 2001 -

seems to be rather factual and clear, no? 

So it is imperative that ‘you’ are a good student?

https://www.google.com.my/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/topics/inventions/einsteins-life-facts-and-fiction

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

https://www.wrmea.org/old-html/sharon-to-peres-don-t-worry-about-american-pressure-we-control-america.html

No...

• Great Response! 1

https://apnews.com/796ae3c36b7f58594207308855b7bfde

"A Georgia law passed in 2016 requires some people to sign an oath pledging not to boycott Israel in order to do business with the state of Georgia"

All factors combined, I do wonder who controls whom in the USA.  

Point taken.

To get slightly off topic...

As I indicated earlier, the Malaysian passport is contains the statement, “This passport is valid for all countries except Israel”. 
Now Malaysia is a multi-ethnic country primarily populated by Malays (Muslim), Malaysian Chinese (Buddhist/Christian) and Malaysian Indians (Hindu). Furthermore, all religions are supposed to be tolerated, although proselytizing Muslims is forbidden.

That said, the ‘state’ is effectively boycotting travel to Israel, for business or pleasure.

What are your views on this situation?

A simple question...nothing more. 

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

https://apnews.com/796ae3c36b7f58594207308855b7bfde

"A Georgia law passed in 2016 requires some people to sign an oath pledging not to boycott Israel in order to do business with the state of Georgia"

All factors combined, I do wonder who controls whom in the USA.  

Really?  I notice it's very quiet on this thread.  Could it be due to the utter ridiculousness of the question?  Seriously, frankfurter?  Even as a facetious joke it fails.  Suggesting that Israel "controls" the USA, your eye.

I've got a question for you:  Do you still beat your wife?

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

As I indicated earlier, the Malaysian passport is contains the statement, “This passport is valid for all countries except Israel”. 

A simple question...nothing more. 

It's wrong, but common in muslim majority countries. I think Egypt, Jordan and Turkey are the only muslim majority countries in the region that recognize Israel. 

Israel is quite pragmatic about the situation. It's relatively easy to go to Israel, and then pretty much any other country. The Israelis won't stamp your passport unless you insist. Instead you get a slip of paper to carry in your passport so the plethora of formally anti-Israel countries can pretend you haven't been. One of my favorite moments in an airport once was seeing Saudia Airlines flash up on the monitors, destination Tel Aviv. It was a code share thing, but still, a reflection of reality as well.

I for one have no concerns of Israel being able to defend themselves from any military in the region.

And I have no illusions about there ever being real peace. It can't happen with the current governments.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:06 AM, frankfurter said:

And you would believe Sharon's bluster as fact? He was Israel's version of Trump. Would you believe him?

Again, the states with a large evangelical christian population are the ones promoting these kinds of laws. If Israeli PMs delude themselves with having such a power, they are sadly mistaken, and so are you.

It is time to admit that you are seeking roundabout ways to express your antisemitism.

Time to cherry pick some nice things to say about Israel and American Jews. 

• Great Response! 1

On 2/15/2020 at 9:30 AM, Dan Warnick said:

Really?  I notice it's very quiet on this thread.  Could it be due to the utter ridiculousness of the question?  Seriously, frankfurter?  Even as a facetious joke it fails.  Suggesting that Israel "controls" the USA, your eye.

I've got a question for you:  Do you still beat your wife?

Too busy sleeping with his daughter...

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Too busy sleeping with his daughter...

?

I am missing some context here? This really doesn't seem like a thing to joke with? 

• Like 1

The context is the "prove the negative" typical franfurter retort that Dan Warnick pointed out in the "do you still beat your wife?" classic example. Which I took further... 

Admit to being in bad taste.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 1:54 AM, frankfurter said:

In America, people can call Chinese chinks, Blacks niggers, and more, with zero legal risk. But God help you if you ever question anything about Jews or the holocaust or the Israeli slaughter of Palestinians such as Safsaf.  For such debate, the new presidential order will apply, you will be hauled before the courts dominated by the excellent lawyers and judges who just happen to be the sect you may be criticising, and presumably impartial justice will prevail.  To gauge your chances, in common law, you need look only to consider the cases for Assange and Manning to see what standards may apply.  Examples of sources from many to choose:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safsaf_massacre

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antisemitism/Trump-expected-to-issue-executive-order-against-antisemitism-on-campus-610540

And, in Texas, as a "contractor" you may bid or provide services upon the condition you agree prior not to 'boycott" Israel. Excerpted from a standard draft contract:

"'Pursuant to Section 2270.001 of Texas Government Code, the Contractor affirms that it:
1. Does not currently boycott Israel
2. Will not boycott Israel during the term of the Contract. "

[note: contractors are considered "its" under law]. How the above do not contravene The Constitution or Bill of Rights is beyond my limited intelligence, but presumably the consent of the governed applies?  In the land of the free, a law or policy established without due process and regard for the equal rights or all citizens is unthinkable, right?

For government, a significant number of members in the senate and house hold dual USA and Israel passports. Seems the presidential hopeful Mr Sanders is a dual citizen. [mind, the data is 2018].  I have no idea how impartial votes may be attained, or how the members balance the loyalties, but that's for Americans to accept, right?

usasenatorsdualpassports.jpeg

Wrong, apparently you don’t google American comedians who come in all varieties of ethnic bashing including Jews. For a guy who acts like he’s well read you come off like a WWII holdout who lost the war. Stick with facts please. 

• Haha 1

And just to clarify, any people who bob and weave, mummer and pray pointing in a particular direction, makes me nervous. Just like those snake worshipping wild boys in the hills. 

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

?

I am missing some context here? This really doesn't seem like a thing to joke with? 

Absolutely correct. Keep family out of it. Kind of cowardly to make these statements anonymously...  

• Upvote 3

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/netanyahu-boasts-he-destroyed-free-speech-in-america/

Benjamin Netanyahu at a podium in Congress.
This piece originally appeared on Informed Comment. 

Israeli caretaker prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu, who has been indicted for corruption and is facing an election soon, just boasted that his ministry of strategic affairs has managed to undermine First Amendment protections for free speech in the United States by lobbying state legislatures to pass laws forbidding the boycott of Israel.

Anti-boycott laws of the Old South were used against Martin Luther King Jr. and other activists in the civil rights movement to keep African Americans subordinate and segregated. The right to boycott establishments over civil rights was upheld by the Supreme Court in 1982 in NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware.

"It was also not for nothing that the American administration has taken this step together with us. In recent years, we have promoted laws in most US states, which determine that strong action is to be taken against whoever tries to boycott Israel."

— PM of Israel (@IsraeliPM) February 12, 2020

First Sharon, now Nyahu.  coincidence, or fact?  

On 2/15/2020 at 7:59 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

No...

Maybe Frankfurter is a Catholic, Chinese/Russian man?

On 2/10/2020 at 1:17 PM, Enthalpic said:

Just don't understand why him being black or his (debatable but I don't care) religious affiliation has to be mentioned at all.

I don't have to be a Jew to recognize that Jews have a right to exist etc.

Shame that many Muslims don't agree with you? I am an "Infidel" like most people on the planet?!?

On 2/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, Enthalpic said:

This is true, but can change. 

Also isn't he like African black not middle eastern brownish to be crude?  Let's be silly and call his skin colour Rastafarian - if a skin colour can a have a religion.

Barack is not black, he is half-caste. Some Australian Aboriginals would call him a "coconut" (brown on the outside and white inside). Personally, I quite liked him but I have liked every US President the US has given the world in my time. At a geo-political level, have found them all trustworthy in their relations with us Aussies.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:30 PM, BLA said:

Bottom line U.S. bares no responsibility or obligation to protect Israel. There are multiple reasons given for U.S. protection.  Take your pick.

Now that U.S. does not need the region's oil how much of the tens  of $Billions spent each year is really spent to protect Israel. 

On 2/11/2020 at 11:28 AM, 0R0 said:

Which was fine. Now we had a tax hike of 1% and the local gov is fixing up the schools and repairing the roads. Highway was fine. 

Having a large modern army you can mobilize as necessary for a couple billion a year is a rather good bargain. And you get back technology tweaks to your systems. 

I think you need to ponder the fact that "America got the best Jewish scientists during and after WW2" and think about where the US would be without them? The Pentagon still relies heavily on Israeli, UK, and Australian research and vice versa. If the US failed to protect Israel, it would be the beginning of the downfall of the US as well. I bet you don't know how many Jews are rewarded with Nobel prizes per capita. I reckon the number would surprise you and recommend you google it. BLA is clearly anti-Semitic and believes every conspiracy he reads?

On 2/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, Marcin2 said:

Whatever you would say, I will always admire Jews, I really do.

After 1945, they have understood the lesson of persecution of Jews throughout the history, with the most tragic chapter being WW2 Holocaust (but not the only tragic chapter in 3000 years of their history).

Israeli diaspora has great influence over US centers of power, AIPAC major political force. And this is good, this is the matter of survival for Israel. And of course the nukes and strong conventional armed forces.

Ivanka and Jared are the first Jewish people that are so close to any US President. So this is not a big surprise that as senior advisors they have substantial influence over President.

Israeli-Iranian conflict is bad for business, I hope that new global Godfather - China would solve all problems.

Nope. China just adding to the problems by taking Iranian oil despite sanctions. They should be importing US oil instead?!?

On 2/13/2020 at 8:36 AM, 0R0 said:

That isn't really true, but there is a history of banking in Jewish history. What do you think the grain silos of Egyptian temples were about? The Pharaoh's dream interpretation of Joseph was to build a bank for grain where people deposit grain and get papyrus receipts that they can trade.  How do you think Solomon could build a temple for his people and have influence all the way to Ethiopia on a tiny scrap of land and microscopic population? He ran a bank for the silk road and trade from Egypt to Mesopotamia and the "sea people" - i.e. greeks. That is why 800 years later on Temple v.2.0 Jesus complained about the money changers. 

Jesus of Nazareth was Jewish too you know? It was the Romans (Catholics) that gave the order to kill him and that why Catholics still have a guilt complex.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:30 PM, 0R0 said:

@frankfurter 

There is much support for Israel from the Christian evangelical community (a core Trump supporter group). Jews in America are not uniformly supporters of Israel and many voice disagreement with treatment of the Palestinians and withhold funds they or their families or organizations used to donate because of it. They also are not keen on providing legal favors for Jews or Israel. Jews are too well  aware that if it can be done in their favor it can also be done against them. But that doesn't stop evangelicals who want to see Israel thrive so that the "end times" prophecy comes to fruition and they can all get a short cut to heaven. So you can put that one on them, the Jewish community in Texas is small. 

The dual citizenship issue is a red herring. It is an escape route for Jews, who were turned away by all governments during the Nazi rise to power and then as Jews escaped ahead of the Nazi forces. Nobody presumes to predict how things turn out for Jews in America. There is a long history of antisemitism in the US. Just not anywhere near as bad as in Europe, where the Holocaust took place after centuries of pogroms and burning of Jews as heretics. Loyalties remain to their home in America, but the history forces one to have a backup. 

Jews are not a "protected" ethnicity or race. They are lumped in as "white" or as another race if they happen to not be white skinned. I don't support any hate speech legislation of any kind. I don't know why Trump thinks this one would be necessary, nor why it should stand up in court. 

I think you are not being honest with yourself and definitely not with us. The shameful mistakes of  "defense forces" of a not yet 5 month old country are not exactly what you smear an entire country with for the rest of its existence. Should we hold Turkey Russia China Germany and others as to be perpetually genocidal and all who support them as racists?

As a "quarter jew" that is Athiest, I agree with Trump that any Jew who votes Democrat is a traitor. Same with Greens here in Australia or Labour in UK. All jealous anti-semites. The reason Jews became so good with money was coz the Arabs thought (and still do) that money (interest in particular) is evil. That is why "Islamic finance" different to global finance.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, Dan Warnick said:

Apparently so, Douglas.  So much so that the Nazis did their damnedest to eliminate the Jews there and in neighboring countries.  I know there's a lot more to it than that, but.......I think it's about the money.

Yes, during the Great Depression, Roosevelt (Jewish), demanded gold from Germany and as a result, they had hyperinflation coz the reparations were too high from WW1. No different to modern Jews who vote Democrat and want to tax anything that moves! Just the same as the Irish used to be like?!?

On 2/14/2020 at 6:35 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Relevant to the bolded section above:

https://twitter.com/IsraeliPM/status/1227660066700042242

Screenshot_from_2020-02-13_14-01-26.png

Screenshot_from_2020-02-13_14-02-14.png

Excellent, the PC "thought police" of the left are getting a taste of their own medicine!?! Long live Democracy, Freedom, and Guns!

On 2/13/2020 at 7:30 PM, 0R0 said:

@frankfurter 

There is much support for Israel from the Christian evangelical community (a core Trump supporter group). Jews in America are not uniformly supporters of Israel and many voice disagreement with treatment of the Palestinians and withhold funds they or their families or organizations used to donate because of it. They also are not keen on providing legal favors for Jews or Israel. Jews are too well  aware that if it can be done in their favor it can also be done against them. But that doesn't stop evangelicals who want to see Israel thrive so that the "end times" prophecy comes to fruition and they can all get a short cut to heaven. So you can put that one on them, the Jewish community in Texas is small. 

The dual citizenship issue is a red herring. It is an escape route for Jews, who were turned away by all governments during the Nazi rise to power and then as Jews escaped ahead of the Nazi forces. Nobody presumes to predict how things turn out for Jews in America. There is a long history of antisemitism in the US. Just not anywhere near as bad as in Europe, where the Holocaust took place after centuries of pogroms and burning of Jews as heretics. Loyalties remain to their home in America, but the history forces one to have a backup. 

Jews are not a "protected" ethnicity or race. They are lumped in as "white" or as another race if they happen to not be white skinned. I don't support any hate speech legislation of any kind. I don't know why Trump thinks this one would be necessary, nor why it should stand up in court. 

I think you are not being honest with yourself and definitely not with us. The shameful mistakes of  "defense forces" of a not yet 5 month old country are not exactly what you smear an entire country with for the rest of its existence. Should we hold Turkey Russia China Germany and others as to be perpetually genocidal and all who support them as racists?

The only religion that want a "short-cut to Heaven" are the Muslims who think they will get 72 virgins?!?