ff

Has Trump put the USA at the service of Israel?

6 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Where my folks live in Colorado, it seems that they raise taxes for educational reasons every year or so in a never ending cycle...it’s for ‘education’ so politically correct.

I call bullshit on this. If you are constantly raising taxes on all residents (those with, or without, children) then there should be a mechanism to show results. Are children getting higher test scores (assuming that it is not politically incorrect to test children)? Are high school students scoring higher on the ACT/SAT tests? And so on..

Many high schools have so many unnecessary extra-curricular programs that are simply fluff that it is mind boggling. If you do not have enough funding to educate the kids - get rid of the non-essential stuff!

What is wrong with going back to ‘old school’ (pun intended)? Six blocks of time dedicated to the core required classes: English, Social Studies, Science, Math, Gym and an elective like Home Economics, Auto Class, any of the trades.

This would be just as effective in preparing children, save money and perhaps give the teachers a raise. 

Very interesting. 

Since when has taxation correlated with results?  So what are you gonna do about it?  In the land of the free, a single person should be able to effect change, no? 

Nothing wrong with going back to old school. In fact, the Chinese education system is exactly that; old school, focused upon results, no fluff. The results are stellar, and praised by many educational bodies world-wide.  Mind you, education in China is state run and controlled.

You smear and defame China for its government, yet you pine for the standards and achievements an old school education can attain.  Very interesting indeed. 

(edited)

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Where my folks live in Colorado, it seems that they raise taxes for educational reasons every year or so in a never ending cycle...it’s for ‘education’ so politically correct.

I call bullshit on this. If you are constantly raising taxes on all residents (those with, or without, children) then there should be a mechanism to show results. Are children getting higher test scores (assuming that it is not politically incorrect to test children)? Are high school students scoring higher on the ACT/SAT tests? And so on..

Many high schools have so many unnecessary extra-curricular programs that are simply fluff that it is mind boggling. If you do not have enough funding to educate the kids - get rid of the non-essential stuff!

What is wrong with going back to ‘old school’ (pun intended)? Six blocks of time dedicated to the core required classes: English, Social Studies, Science, Math, Gym and an elective like Home Economics, Auto Class, any of the trades.

This would be just as effective in preparing children, save money and perhaps give the teachers a raise. 

Can I ask you a question ?

What on earth does (1) Colorado local school budgets (2) Cost of sanctuary cities and (3) the cost of Cavanaugh Supreme Court hearings  have to do with foreign aid to Israel and the Golan Heights ?

I fail to see the connection.  

Edited by BLA

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

Very interesting. 

Since when has taxation correlated with results?  So what are you gonna do about it?  In the land of the free, a single person should be able to effect change, no? 

Nothing wrong with going back to old school. In fact, the Chinese education system is exactly that; old school, focused upon results, no fluff. The results are stellar, and praised by many educational bodies world-wide.  Mind you, education in China is state run and controlled.

You smear and defame China for its government, yet you pine for the standards and achievements an old school education can attain.  Very interesting indeed. 

I know a Chinese student studying chemistry at a local University.  Very smart.  She is an only child because when she was born China had a One Child policy (now it's two). She is studying in U.S. for 5 years.  She can only go home once a year to renew her visa.  Great life huh.  

44 minutes ago, BLA said:

I know a Chinese student studying chemistry at a local University.  Very smart.  She is an only child because when she was born China had a One Child policy (now it's two). She is studying in U.S. for 5 years.  She can only go home once a year to renew her visa.  Great life huh.  

Sorry, I cannot understand your point.  The topic raised by Buckland is the benefits of an old school education and 'system'.   How does the one child policy relate?  How does a US Visa relate?  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Very interesting. 

No, what I said is that if school districts are continually asking for money, there should be a mechanism to show that this money is being well spent. This would be due diligence and should be expected. If you can think of any other suitable metric to use besides scholastic achievement in this case, please mention it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If school districts are continually short of money, then I suggested trimming off the fat and going back to the old system.

My point is, instead of continually milking the taxpayer they need to try something to ‘live within their means’....just like you and I do.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BLA said:

Can I ask you a question ?

What on earth does (1) Colorado local school budgets (2) Cost of sanctuary cities and (3) the cost of Cavanaugh Supreme Court hearings  have to do with foreign aid to Israel and the Golan Heights ?

I fail to see the connection.  

There is no connection, the thread went off topic and I followed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

No, what I said is that if school districts are continually asking for money, there should be a mechanism to show that this money is being well spent. This would be due diligence and should be expected. If you can think of any other suitable metric to use besides scholastic achievement in this case, please mention it.

I stand corrected.  IMHO this topic should be addressed elsewhere, such as at the local school board. I surmise many school boards could benefit from a practical, results-oriented approach.  

• Upvote 1

(edited)

tilt

Edited by frankfurter
wrong thread !

Israel is overrepresented in our politics for sure; and in many American business, communities; Hollywood and mainstream media.  I hadn’t noticed until a couple of years ago but it’s pretty astounding when you start to look into it.  

I guess you could say the same thing about, idk the Irish.  The only difference is the Irish don’t have nukes.  And I can’t seem to remember that Jewish outfit at Gettysburg..

interesting ppl none the less.  Nepotism seems to be a big factor of the tribe.  

484EBD12-58CC-4FBD-8245-EE4AD74E2BF4.jpeg

DCDD73E5-2519-4175-8D64-6F902718AD05.png

• Haha 1

I just dont understand what difference it makes which religion you believe in!

I agree that Jewish people tend to stick together no matter what, but can you blame them?

As far as the topic goes Israel is supported (and always will be) by the US as it is an incredibly important geographic + strategic ally.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

May I politely pose the same question for old-age pensions? What metric should we use to decide whether to pay out? (tongue in cheek, as this is the boomer vs millenial argument).

19 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I agree with most of what you are driving at and, in case anyone missed it, apparently so does President Trump:

https://www.aip.org/fyi/2018/trump-signs-career-and-technical-education-bill-law

He's also is pushing for similar education and training opportunities to be readily available to our veterans:

https://www.aip.org/fyi/2018/trump-signs-career-and-technical-education-bill-law

President Trump has been pushing many grass roots initiatives since he has been in office, but the MSM gives the achievements precious little airtime.

@Tom Kirkman - is there a problem with the editing function, inserting links, even typing @Tom Kirkman doesn't work right.  Or is it local to my pc?

17 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

One thing that forever baffles me is that people hate Jews, but when pressed on the issue, can never define why? 

Because they make and control more of the money!  Not a crime by any means, but......

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

There is no connection, the thread went off topic and I followed.

Me too.  Heh-heh.  Sorry.

6 hours ago, BigJets said:

Fantastic!  LOL.  Loved Tony, great show.

7 hours ago, BigJets said:

Israel is overrepresented in our politics for sure; and in many American business, communities; Hollywood and mainstream media.  I hadn’t noticed until a couple of years ago but it’s pretty astounding when you start to look into it.  

I guess you could say the same thing about, idk the Irish.  The only difference is the Irish don’t have nukes.  And I can’t seem to remember that Jewish outfit at Gettysburg..

interesting ppl none the less.  Nepotism seems to be a big factor of the tribe.  

484EBD12-58CC-4FBD-8245-EE4AD74E2BF4.jpeg

So you think they are organized around something other than their particular parties and government position?

Grow a beard and put on a knit yarn yarmulke in a democratic event in NYC or LA and you will find that you are made to feel excluded as if you were radioactive - particularly by the Jewish participants. 

It is not a Boss Tweed organization taking over everything.

Do the same analysis by profession, you will discover the broad predominance of attorneys. Want to take that into conspiracy land? Jew's religious and intellectual occupation by tradition is Jewish law, which has elements of both common law and "god's law", and most significantly the ability to argue. It is easily translated into excellence in the legal profession. Which is why so many Jews are involved in government, and in particular the courts. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Because they make and control more of the money!  Not a crime by any means, but......

That isn't really true, but there is a history of banking in Jewish history. What do you think the grain silos of Egyptian temples were about? The Pharaoh's dream interpretation of Joseph was to build a bank for grain where people deposit grain and get papyrus receipts that they can trade.  How do you think Solomon could build a temple for his people and have influence all the way to Ethiopia on a tiny scrap of land and microscopic population? He ran a bank for the silk road and trade from Egypt to Mesopotamia and the "sea people" - i.e. greeks. That is why 800 years later on Temple v.2.0 Jesus complained about the money changers. 

• Like 2

Jews were exceptional from antiquity till the modernity, due to their religion: Judaism.

The rabbis required each individual to study religion, word of Yahweh, to read Torah.

That made most of them literate in an illiterate sea of ignorance.

Christanity drew power of clergy from their educational superiority, the caste that was educated as opposed to illiterate masses.

Judaism pushed people into literacy, knowledge and education.

• Great Response! 1

3 hours ago, Geoff Guenther said:

May I politely pose the same question for old-age pensions? What metric should we use to decide whether to pay out? (tongue in cheek, as this is the boomer vs millenial argument).

If by "pensions" you mean Social Security you might have a point. The problem wasn't SS, the problem was every politician since Truman robbing FICA to "balance" their budget shortfalls. The most egregious of these was Clinton who cooked the books to show a "surplus" that was anything but. Furthermore, additionally politicos thought it would be nice to extend SS benefits to people who had never paid in a dime! That was dumbfckery of the first order. The political problem oh the US government is that once money of any kind is sent to citizens, it thereafter becomes an entitlement never to be touched again. So people who collect SS checks for "mental or physical disabilities" can't ever be cut off for not having paid in, because that would be "cruel" and every political ad would show republicans shoving grams off a cliff in her wheelchair. Oh wait, they already do that! 

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

@Tom Kirkman - is there a problem with the editing function, inserting links, even typing @Tom Kirkman doesn't work right.  Or is it local to my pc?

Hi Dan - 

Thanks for bringing this up - we'll look into this. 

Michael

• Like 1

Just now, CMOP said:

Hi Dan - 

Thanks for bringing this up - we'll look into this. 

Michael

Happening to me also, I told Tom in a different post. IPad here running Firefox

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

Jews were exceptional from antiquity till the modernity, due to their religion: Judaism.

The rabbis required each individual to study religion, word of Yahweh, to read Torah.

That made most of them literate in an illiterate sea of ignorance.

Christanity drew power of clergy from their educational superiority, the caste that was educated as opposed to illiterate masses.

Judaism pushed people into literacy, knowledge and education.

Well, yes and no. The priests and scribes in Judaism held exceptional power and wealth, as tends to congregate in the Second Estate. The idea of literacy is certainly great and obviously societies benefit more than ruling caste from ubiquitous education. 

The following might amuse you

https://www.historyextra.com/period/medieval/murderous-history-bible-translations-catholic-murder-version-who-wrote-when/

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

Same bug for me, cannot insert links, trouble inserting images.  I think the IT guys have been tinkering with the forum software again.

/ oops, I see the site admin responded above.

• Like 2