Legend

Personal Information

• First Name
    Array
  • Last Name
    Array

Recent Profile Visitors

34,553 profile views
  1. Eco if sales in your business were growing by 22-23% y-o-y then I reckon you'd be happy! Anything more than that would be incredibly difficult to manage.
  2. Facts not your opinion say otherwise! Global EV sales reached 1.1 million units in April 2024, according to EV research-house, Rho Motion, bringing year-to-date (YTD) sales to 4.3 million, 22% greater than the same period in 2023. Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) represent 64% of units sold so far in 2024, with the remaining 36% Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV). Over Four Million EVs Sold Globally in 2024 - Rho Motion Data from The International Energy Agency’s Global EV Outlook 2024 makes vibes-based reporting on the demise of EV sales look silly - global EV sales could hit 17 million in 2024, meaning more than one in five cars sold worldwide will be electric. The Vibes Lie: Electric Vehicles Accelerate Toward 50% Of Global Sales (forbes.com) 8 in 10 largest EV markets see growth in May with global sales up by 23 percent 8 in 10 largest EV markets see growth in May with global sales up by 23 percent (renewableenergymagazine.com)
  3. Ahh yes innovation and tech, unfortunately for you Eco it will happen as nothing stands still. This is an interesting read and very relevant to the topic we have been discussing/arguing about for months/years. Interestingly refer back to the length of time these were universally adopted as the go to means of transport and then compare to the speed of growth and innovation there is today with EV's. Try to keep an open mind, its an article in a car journal after all! A life well lived: Tracing 120 years of the combustion engine | Autocar
  4. AI and EV Boom To Add 290 TWh of New Electricity Demand in the U.S. AI and EV Boom To Add 290 TWh of New Electricity Demand in the U.S. | OilPrice.com "EVs will emerge as the second major catalyst for power demand growth in the US market up to 2030. In 2023, electricity consumption in the transportation sector totaled 18.3 TWh. By 2030, this figure is projected to soar to 131 TWh, driven primarily by the expansion of battery electric vehicles (BEVs)." The other take away from this is that by 2030 50% of powergen in the US will be from renewables. Look away now Eco otherwise you will see coal demand destruction in the US!
  5. Do you read what you post? "however growth in fact only reached around 50 per cent in 2023" and yet you keep spouting how EV sales are "cratering", thats a fantastic growth rate! As Notsonice and myself have been telling you over and over again you can buy a perfectly good EV for less than $19K from Dacia or better yet one for $10K from Byd providing your government doesnt put huge import duties onto those vehicles. Do you want to pay more for an ICE vehicle that is a like for like model? Pay more for fueling that vehicle? Pay more for maintenance? etc etc. These new EV's are for the masses and provide better value for money! Economics wins every time Eco. If you can save money compared to an equivalent on any product then you go with the best deal, thats a fact unless youre retarded. Byd and Dacia arent losing money and yet they can make these vehicles! Maybe those old fashioned US manufacturers need to take a long hard look at their costs and processes and catch up the competition! "Dacia realized a total revenue of US$6.2 billion worldwide, while the total market revenue amounted to US$1.7 trillion in 2022. The largest passenger cars segment, SUVs, accounted for 38% of Dacia's revenue in 2022." "According to the company's annual report, BYD generated revenue of 602.32 billion yuan in 2023, an increase of 42.04 percent year on year. Its research and development expenses amounted to 39.58 billion yuan in 2023, up 112.15 percent year on year."
  6. I thought you posted that USA and Europe Co2 emissions were falling sharply??? That is the opposite of saying they are using more fossil fuels!
  7. So youre suggesting that the average US citizen wants to pay more for an ICE vehicle compared to an EV, when ICE would also be more to fuel, and more to service than go with the cheaper EV. I cant think of 1 reason why you would be correct in your assumption. Simple economics wins the day every time Your argument only last year was that EV's were too expensive for the masses and yet your argument now is they are too cheap lol
  8. Ron the reason our national health service is in a bad way is lack of funding youre correct. The reason for this is the huge amount of both illegal and legal immigration that has happened for decades. These people would rather risk dying crossing the Channel to get to the UK from France than remain on the continent. Why you ask? Well that would be the free healthcare for all of their family that none of them have paid a penny into. For those people who have paid huge amounts over their working lifetime into the NHS this is pretty galling. The concept is a truly great one but it needs radical overhaul to be sustainable. When the UK was in the EU and I would often travel for business, if you were ill you had to pay for treatment BEFORE anyone would see you, in the UK you are treated first and the majority of the time no payment is ever made by a foreign national.
  9. Notsonice beat me to it with his numerous links that you werent able to argue against. Hopefully even the incredibly slow ones on here can figure it out now. Thanks Notsonice for posting the facts!
  10. Anyone who claims coal is non-pollutive as you do is clearly mentally challenged and there is frankly no point in arguing with someone who refuses to see the truth.
  11. No, no we dont as most people like myself (if they are employed) will use salary sacrifice to get an EV or PHEV as it saves them money to do so. As the article I posted says none of those numbers are included in the current figures and its very very significant as it makes no sense not to use salary sacrifice. Anyway Notsonice has posted the relevant information which I'm sure you will blindly ignore as it suits your narrative.
  12. I dont think you read the article buddy "Octopus Electric Vehicles delivers around a thousand cars every month and says order numbers have risen 40 per cent on last year, with over 5,000 companies signed up." The "existing data" as you say is flawed as per the article. The rise of electric vehicles: EVolution of the fleet - PwC UK How many EVs are there in the UK - EV market statistics 2024 - Zapmap (zap-map.com)
  13. At least we have a FREE health system for one and all. That is something to be very proud of. Farage would be a disaster, no clue economically whatsoever, his party are full of failed politicians who wouldnt know what to do if elected (which they never will be fortunately). You like him purely because he likes Trump, you actually know nothing about him or the party he represents.
  14. The Car Industry Misjudges Consumer Demand for Electric Vehicles The Car Industry Misjudges Consumer Demand for Electric Vehicles | OilPrice.com Oh dear Eco looks like the auto industry got their numbers wrong!!
  15. The Car Industry Misjudges Consumer Demand for Electric Vehicles The Car Industry Misjudges Consumer Demand for Electric Vehicles | OilPrice.com Oh dear Eco looks like the numbers youve been posting arent accurate at all!!!