Old-Ruffneck

Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Old-Ruffneck last won the day on January 13

Old-Ruffneck had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,177 Excellent

About Old-Ruffneck

• Rank
    Power User

Personal Information

• First Name
    Array
  • Last Name
    Array

Recent Profile Visitors

18,862 profile views
  1. Norway’s Oil Demand Hasn’t Crashed Despite Record EV Market Share | OilPrice.com
  2. West Virginia State Treasurer Riley Moore added Citigroup, TD Bank, HSBC and The Northern Trust Company – banks which collectively oversee assets worth trillions of dollars – to his state's Restricted Financial Institution List after he determined they are actively engaged in a boycott of the fossil fuel industry. The action was taken in accordance with a 2022 law the state's legislature passed to fight back against the sustainable investing movement. "We are absolutely going to stand by our industries here in fossil fuels," Moore told FOX Business. "Last year, the world burned more coal than any time in human history. The consumption of coal is not going down. That is a myth that is proliferated by the climate-activist left. So, why would we put ourselves in a position to not be part of that?" Think you're correct in your assumption Eco!! More Coal Burned than anytime in history. !!!
  3. Your about as intelligent as your cheerleader notsosmart. But hey, at least he's American, even though extreme left he has a right to make comments about US policy.
  4. Former AG William Barr's free market group sues California over EV truck mandate | Fox News
  5. Interesting video Ron, though the "greenies" in here would say "nothing to see here".
  6. You just punch keyboard and spew garbage. You personally moron can't live without oil. Quit yer bitchin' as rational thinkers here have done proved you obviously don't understand the significance of OIL in todays modern world. So try walking, throw your car keys in the river and sell the car. Now remove all the insulation in the house/apartment you live in and heat with renewable wood. Carpet on the floors? Rip that crap out and go tile.......but only organic. Only eat organic foods. Let see how your Canadian Goverment helps you to transition to a NON-Fossil Fuel auto, home appliances, and can't even ride a bike unless you find one without rubber tires. Silly Wabbit, Oil is so much in your life and you belittle us that use it daily for some of us actually work for money. Good luck with the mission to live petrol free!!!
  7. You read the story? While it is very sad many folks perished the cause was not oil. The MMA has alleged that the lead locomotive was tampered with after Harding had left; that the diesel engine was shut down, thereby disabling the compressor powering the air brakes, which allowed the train to roll downhill from Nantes into Lac-Mégantic once the air pressure dropped in the reservoirs on the cars.[45] Teamsters Canada Rail Conference vice-president Doug Finnson disputed this theory, stating that the key braking system on a stopped, unsupervised train are the hand brakes, which are completely independent from the motor-powered compressor that feeds the air brakes.[69] With all the locomotives shut down, the air compressor no longer supplied air to the air brake system. As air leaked from the brake system, the main air reservoirs were slowly depleted, gradually reducing the effectiveness of the locomotive air brakes. At 00:56, the air pressure had dropped to a point at which the combination of locomotive air brakes and hand brakes could no longer hold the train, and it began to roll downhill toward Lac-Mégantic, just over 11 kilometres (7 mi) away.[39][70] A witness recalled watching the train moving slowly toward Lac-Mégantic without the locomotive lights on.[71] The track was not equipped with track circuits to alert the rail traffic controller to the presence of a runaway train.[46] About ten minutes before the derailment occurred, firefighter Jean-Luc Montminy, who was heading home after helping put out the fire on the original locomotive of the train, was stopped at a railway crossing located on Quebec Route 161, located just south-east of where the train began to roll. He stated that the crossing had activated and was warning of an oncoming train, but after waiting for some time, he heard no horn or any signal that a train was approaching. Thinking that the crossing was malfunctioning, he proceeded over the intersection when just as he had finished crossing, a train without its headlights or horn passed through at a very fast speed. Montminy recognized that it was the same train he had responded to hours earlier, and quickly returned to Nantes to inform other firefighters about what he had just witnessed.[72] Gathering momentum on the long downhill slope, the train entered the town of Lac-Mégantic at high speed.[73][45][74] The TSB's final report concluded that the train was travelling at 105 kilometres per hour (65 mph), more than six times the typical speed for that location.[39][40] The rail line in this area is on a curve and has a speed limit for trains of 16 kilometres per hour (10 mph)[74] as it is located at the west end of the Mégantic rail yard.
  8. Do you drive? Take meds, or even dress in anything other than 100% cotton, which also uses by-products of oil to help it grow. Almost everything in everyday lives uses OIL. Get over bashing it as your being a hypocrite/no possible way to live in todays society without oil. Get educated before you hit the keyboard. Inquiring minds wanna know how you get by without a car, shampoo, plastics etc. Teach us all how to live without oil please.
  9. You have no clue what you are even talking about on this matter. Please try to read some imformation on said subject before letting your fingers hit the keyboard. I won't be antagonist about this other than "suggesting" some reading on this. While it is unfortunate that folks die working in the oil industry, we have no alternative yet to OIL. Batteries and EV cars are very mother earth unfriendly also. So let's all quit driving and ride bikes. Not battery powered bikes either. Manual labor type of bikes. Just remember, even the paved roads with asphalt are oil based.....
  10. WOW!!!! Not too hard to clean up that size of spill actually....... 490,000 gallons Size and capacityThe Olympic sized pool is 165 feet long by 56 feet wide (8 lap lanes, each 7 feet wide). It holds 490,000 gallons (almost 1/2 million gallons).
  11. You seem to miss this part!!! You're take was 3% out of the whole barrel. Duhhhhh One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like: Solvents Diesel fuel Motor Oil Bearing Grease Ink Floor Wax Ballpoint Pens Football Cleats Upholstery Sweaters Boats Insecticides Bicycle Tires Sports Car Bodies Nail Polish Fishing lures Dresses Tires Golf Bags Perfumes Cassettes Dishwasher parts Tool Boxes Shoe Polish Motorcycle Helmet Caulking Petroleum Jelly Transparent Tape CD Player Faucet Washers Antiseptics Clothesline Curtains Food Preservatives Basketballs Soap Vitamin Capsules Antihistamines Purses Shoes Dashboards Cortisone Deodorant Shoelace Aglets Putty Dyes Panty Hose Refrigerant Percolators Life Jackets Rubbing Alcohol Linings Skis TV Cabinets Shag Rugs Electrician’s Tape Tool Racks Car Battery Cases Epoxy Paint Mops Slacks Insect Repellent Oil Filters Umbrellas Yarn Fertilizers Hair Coloring Roofing Toilet Seats Fishing Rods Lipstick Denture Adhesive Linoleum Ice Cube Trays Synthetic Rubber Speakers Plastic Wood Electric Blankets Glycerin Tennis Rackets Rubber Cement Fishing Boots Dice Nylon Rope Candles Trash Bags House Paint Water Pipes Hand Lotion Roller Skates Surf Boards Shampoo Wheels Paint Rollers Shower Curtains Guitar Strings Luggage Aspirin Safety Glasses Antifreeze Football Helmets Awnings Eyeglasses Clothes Toothbrushes Ice Chests Footballs Combs CD’s & DVD’s Paint Brushes Detergents Vaporizers Balloons Sun Glasses Tents Heart Valves Crayons Parachutes Telephones Enamel Pillows Dishes Cameras Anesthetics Artificial Turf Artificial limbs Bandages Dentures Model Cars Folding Doors Hair Curlers Cold cream Movie film Contact lenses Drinking Cups Fan Belts Car Enamel Shaving Cream Ammonia Refrigerators Golf Balls Toothpaste Gasoline
  12. In America we still allow people to voice opinions....if you do not like them, shove off Trump and his supporters, who detest the Green transition, tried shutting down our opinions expressed through our votes, on Jan 6......how is that working out for them????? That in itself makes no sense? Why I say yer clueless. Probably still driving an ICE like yer bud Jay. 64 isn't old as i still work everyday as I have a successful business, does consume alot of oil and byproducts, now into my 33rd year. Not senile ya twit. I do work with my employees and some have been with me 30+ years. I take care of my customers and my employees as I do understand business. So you can keep spouting rubbish, it is no doubt you fail to understand the true importance of oil. Coal is slipping slowly, which is good. Try and learn some about oil instead of bashing it. Many products and meds etc are here now from oil. Are medicines made from oil? Pharmaceuticals represent about 3% of petrochemical use but almost 99% of pharmaceuticals contain petrochemicals. Petroleum is also the foundation of transporting medicine so that patients can have it when they need it. One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like: Solvents Diesel fuel Motor Oil Bearing Grease Ink Floor Wax Ballpoint Pens Football Cleats Upholstery Sweaters Boats Insecticides Bicycle Tires Sports Car Bodies Nail Polish Fishing lures Dresses Tires Golf Bags Perfumes Cassettes Dishwasher parts Tool Boxes Shoe Polish Motorcycle Helmet Caulking Petroleum Jelly Transparent Tape CD Player Faucet Washers Antiseptics Clothesline Curtains Food Preservatives Basketballs Soap Vitamin Capsules Antihistamines Purses Shoes Dashboards Cortisone Deodorant Shoelace Aglets Putty Dyes Panty Hose Refrigerant Percolators Life Jackets Rubbing Alcohol Linings Skis TV Cabinets Shag Rugs Electrician’s Tape Tool Racks Car Battery Cases Epoxy Paint Mops Slacks Insect Repellent Oil Filters Umbrellas Yarn Fertilizers Hair Coloring Roofing Toilet Seats Fishing Rods Lipstick Denture Adhesive Linoleum Ice Cube Trays Synthetic Rubber Speakers Plastic Wood Electric Blankets Glycerin Tennis Rackets Rubber Cement Fishing Boots Dice Nylon Rope Candles Trash Bags House Paint Water Pipes Hand Lotion Roller Skates Surf Boards Shampoo Wheels Paint Rollers Shower Curtains Guitar Strings Luggage Aspirin Safety Glasses Antifreeze Football Helmets Awnings Eyeglasses Clothes Toothbrushes Ice Chests Footballs Combs CD’s & DVD’s Paint Brushes Detergents Vaporizers Balloons Sun Glasses Tents Heart Valves Crayons Parachutes Telephones Enamel Pillows Dishes Cameras Anesthetics Artificial Turf Artificial limbs Bandages Dentures Model Cars Folding Doors Hair Curlers Cold cream Movie film Contact lenses Drinking Cups Fan Belts Car Enamel Shaving Cream Ammonia Refrigerators Golf Balls Toothpaste Gasoline
  13. An Important Message For Oilprice Members × By CMOP 09/11/2020 Politics has taken over our energy forum. In order to foment a return to the original intention of this forum, going forward, all threads of a divisive political nature that have nothing to do with energy in any form will be locked and deleted. That includes conspiracy theories of any kind, fun as they may be. Thank you for understanding. I'm sure there are many conspiracy theory forums that would be interested in such comments. Notsonice, you surely are clueless and spout alot of rubbish, same as Jay McKinsey: Sorta wish management would start to enforce above policy.
  14. You should've read the response I gave Jay a bit earlier. Here it is: "For the record, I am not for or against coal. All forms of energy that are inexpensive is most important."
  15. Oh i do have a clue, Chinese population has decreased while other nations population is booming. They breed like rabbits. The economy in China has slowed because the West and Europe's economies are shrinking. In 2 years it'll reverse.