(edited)

42 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Read this and get back to me.

Ebola isn't nearly as contagious as this virus. Almost nothing is. Almost like it was engineered to be highly contagious. 

Viruses aren't intelligent, they don't self select. In fact they're so tiny and simple that they're not capable of much. However they mutate, but this one doesn't. Curious that. 

Scary! Added to my China Stories after a similar one, near the top. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wb2YoQGpSWTz32ljsiA_ey6FLVqc2Dpe7Fnpiqn9lBs/edit

Edited by ronwagn
reference

10 hours ago, Boat said:

On Jan 22 Trump did a tv interview after the first reported virus case. He claimed there was no problem and everything was under control.

Here we are with Trump supporters trying to spread disinformation and blame China when it is extremely obvious Trump dropped the ball costing lives and an eventually crashed economy while adding trillions in debt. 
Reminds me of the last Red Republican crash. Even to this day GW and his cut taxes and loose regulations show massive debt as a result.

We’ll never know the impacts of an early well handled response. We can only dream of what it could have been.

I think Trump did drop the ball after the China travel ban. He got the wrong advice and very bad CDC response with a bad test and even worse testing guidance focusing on contact with China travelers under the presumption promoted falsely by China that there was no person to person transmission and the additional Chinese lie that transmission was only via aerosol at close quarters. Only after German research showed that the virus is transmissible via hard surfaces even without direct personal contact did it become clear that there was no way to avoid community transmission, particularly in dense metropolitan areas with common residential facilities (elevators, entry doors, stairwells) densely packed public transport and air travel.

The CDC flub of the test production and bureaucratic delay of allowing commercial testing was not Trump's doing and was responsible for losing a month of preparation while flying blind with no way to know how many people in the US were infected. I suspect there was a sabotage at the CDC and FDA as there was at the state department bringing in two plane loads of infected people with no CDC liaison. The CDC could have allowed the use of the Chinese test kits which were available in mid February, but their terrible record of both false negatives and false positives made them think it was not better than nothing. 

You may look to the broad government system just as much as to the Trump administration to point fingers. But you are obviously not interested in anything that doesn't portray Trump in a bad light. 

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I’m munching on pennies as we speak!!!

Munch on silver dollars instead.

• Haha 1

The CDC flub of the test production and bureaucratic delay of not allowing commercial testing was not Trump's doing and was responsible for losing a month of preparation while flying blind with no way to know how many people in the US were infected. I suspect there was a sabotage at the CDC and FDA as there was at the state department bringing in two plane loads of infected people with no CDC liaison. The CDC could have allowed the use of the Chinese test kits which were available in mid February, but their terrible record of both false negatives and false positives made them think it was not better than nothing. 

Agreed. I said much of this in my Bunglecrats op ed. I too suspect political sabotage from CDC and FDA staffers at mid levels. The CDC "rapid response" team was busy writing hundreds of pages of rules and regulations. My friend is an ER physician and he's seen it. I'm happy they were fired, they were busy making rules and justifying their existence. How many suffer from TDS? If they're in the DC area I'm guessing 90%, based on voting records. In Atlanta maybe 70%.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I’m munching on pennies as we speak!!!

I will start collecting copper pennies now. They are sometimes used for tabletops and flooring but covered in epoxy which destroys the efficacy. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

I think Trump did drop the ball after the China travel ban. He got the wrong advice and very bad CDC response with a bad test and even worse testing guidance focusing on contact with China travelers under the presumption promoted falsely by China that there was no person to person transmission and the additional Chinese lie that transmission was only via aerosol at close quarters. Only after German research showed that the virus is transmissible via hard surfaces even without direct personal contact did it become clear that there was no way to avoid community transmission, particularly in dense metropolitan areas with common residential facilities (elevators, entry doors, stairwells) densely packed public transport and air travel.

The CDC flub of the test production and bureaucratic delay of allowing commercial testing was not Trump's doing and was responsible for losing a month of preparation while flying blind with no way to know how many people in the US were infected. I suspect there was a sabotage at the CDC and FDA as there was at the state department bringing in two plane loads of infected people with no CDC liaison. The CDC could have allowed the use of the Chinese test kits which were available in mid February, but their terrible record of both false negatives and false positives made them think it was not better than nothing. 

You may look to the broad government system just as much as to the Trump administration to point fingers. But you are obviously not interested in anything that doesn't portray Trump in a bad light. 

Very well put! But we have a (very good) habit of bringing our people home in America. No matter how far you travel or what sort of foolishness you get yourself in, you can pretty well count on the United States to bring you home. When this hit, we had a whole bunch of people "out there," some of them very ill. We brought them home. We should have, could have, would have done it differently if we'd only known how godawful this thing was.

But we didn't. The Chinese may have given us their best answer--at least the doctors would have done that--but it was a bad answer. Love him or hate him, Trump has marvelous reflexes: He knew intuitively to ban travel from China. God, can you imagine what kind of nightmare we'd be living if he hadn't declared that very controversial ban? 

Now he is making a similar "gut reaction" guess about hydroxychlorquine, which seems to be effective when given along with Zithromax. I have to agree with him. Those drugs have been around almost as long as I have. The chloroquine goes by trade name Plaquenil and probably a whole host of other names. It isn't the easiest drug to take, has some side effects, but if you're dying and there's not much else, I suppose I'd take the French doctor's information about his twenty patients (Doctors don't often lie about this sort of thing unless there's a ton of money to be made, and such is not the case here as that drug is easy to make and is lying on shelves in abundance). If the FDA fumblefarts around on this, refusing to even try the thing, then that's their bad. Mr. Trump gets ahead of his skies from time to time but his intentions are good . . . and his gut seems to be even better.

• Great Response! 1

39 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I will start collecting copper pennies now. They are sometimes used for tabletops and flooring but covered in epoxy which destroys the efficacy. 

Modern pennies are mostly zinc - but that also has antimicrobial properties.

We no longer have pennies in circulation in Canada; they cost more to make than they are worth, are dirty, and are just a PITA to banks.

• Upvote 1

@Ward, not so funny....

Silver is very low human toxicity relative to copper, which is part of our natural physiology so has to be maintained in the correct range. Colloidal copper silver and gold all have very active surfaces in metallic form and in nanoparticle ranges - diameters of 1-2 nm to 120 nm, have proven anti viral and anti bacterial effects. Silver works better as it does not have the same problems as copper and is far cheaper than gold. Anti bacterial effects are best in the 30-50 nm range, where persistence is several hours, while single digit nm diameters provide a larger population per dose for short periods of about an hour or two. When taking precious metal colloids you can take the double the recommended dose to start then take the suggested dose in appropriate intervals for what you are treating. 40 nm particles should persist for 4-6 hours, small ones in the single nm range should be taken at 2 hr intervals initially then increase the length of the intervals if symptoms don't resume, till you are doing well with 2 doses per day. Then you can probably stop. Nobody has a clear treatment protocol, but that is what I do for colds. Usually gone within a day or two. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Now he is making a similar "gut reaction" guess about hydroxychlorquine, which seems to be effective when given along with Zithromax. I have to agree with him. Those drugs have been around almost as long as I have. The chloroquine goes by trade name Plaquenil and probably a whole host of other names. It isn't the easiest drug to take, has some side effects, but if you're dying and there's not much else, I suppose I'd take the French doctor's information about his twenty patients (Doctors don't often lie about this sort of thing unless there's a ton of money to be made, and such is not the case here as that drug is easy to make and is lying on shelves in abundance). If the FDA fumblefarts around on this, refusing to even try the thing, then that's their bad. Mr. Trump gets ahead of his skies from time to time but his intentions are good . . . and his gut seems to be even better.

The Wall Street drug analysts don't like the tests and are trying to poo-pooh them because it was not a double blind trial and the facilities were different. I think the results are clear cut and definitive. Hydroxychloroquine is much better tolerated than cholroquine, which we already knew had a positive effect. I am certain nobody is waiting for the FDA. The drug companies are just angry they might miss the biggest volume drug in history to 60 year old meds anyone can produce. 

As to bringing people home, there were plenty of choices for offshore US hospital facilities to keep them in quarantine for 14 days and treat those with symptoms. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

But we didn't. The Chinese may have given us their best answer--at least the doctors would have done that--but it was a bad answer. Love him or hate him, Trump has marvelous reflexes: He knew intuitively to ban travel from China. God, can you imagine what kind of nightmare we'd be living if he hadn't declared that very controversial ban? 

Well, there is Iran and Milan. Which reminds me that at some point in the 1980s the Italian fashion industry was supposedly harboring millions of mostly Chinese illegal workers living in cramped unsafe dorms over sweatshops. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Not true, according to this report. 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/488763-intel-reports-going-back-to-january-warned-of-coronavirus-threat

Intelligence agencies "have been warning on this since January," a U.S. official who had access to intelligence reporting told the Post. "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were - they just couldn't get him to do anything about it." 

11 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Read this and get back to me.

Ebola isn't nearly as contagious as this virus. Almost nothing is. Almost like it was engineered to be highly contagious. 

Viruses aren't intelligent, they don't self select. In fact they're so tiny and simple that they're not capable of much. However they mutate, but this one doesn't. Curious that. 

That article is absurd from line 1.

China is rumored to have sent out an expedition to 'explore the world' 80 years before Columbus.Keyword search "Zheng He".

The general reaction of the Chinese imperial court was to disperse, destroy, or alter any record of these voyages. Chinese culture at the time (and in most periods since) has been hostile to 'foreigners' and 'foreign adventures'. When Westerners started showing up in the 1500s, the imperial court demanded tribute from western governments. Rather than adapt to and confront western powers, the Chinese elite simply wrapped themselves in their cloaks and turned away.

Japan, in comparison, Westernized and took on western interests aggressively.

There may be military commanders that are fiddling with the idea of taking over the US (or some other part of the world). It would be easier to do this with Russia first, partly due to its proximity and partly due to its relative weakness. However, Chinese military resources have their limits. One of the first is how the Chinese military is organized: it is the internal apparatus of the Chinese Communist Party, not China as a sovereign country. This kind of organization signifies distrust of various minorities within China, and in general those that aren't members of the party. The PLA has always been, first and foremost, focused on protecting the party from (in many cases) 'unreliable' elements within China.

China (as well as Russia) is certainly interested in weakening western powers, including the US. Keyword search 'lebensraum' to see how this influenced thinking in Russia from about the 1880's. Western powers were looking at Eastern Europe and Russia as lands to conquer and incorporate, as the US had done in its westward expansion. Some versions of this plan included exterminating those that already lived there. Russia had experienced Napoleon's invasion in 1812, so this wasn't viewed by anyone in Russia as idle talk.

China was undergoing rounds of 'gunboat diplomacy' as various countries launched expeditions to carve up the country. The last of these was Japan's incursions into what they named 'Manchuria'.

Both of these countries have been invaded, multiple times, from countries intending to expand their respective empires. This has led to vast amounts of intrigue as these countries attempt to divide Western societies and political elites.

The playing field was territorial in the 19th and 20th centuries. It's now more merchantilist, with focus on raw materials, markets for manufactured goods, etc. China still resents 'foreign' influences - the last thing they want to do is mix up their population with that of the US, which would be a massive source of foreign ideas and influence.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hotone said:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/488763-intel-reports-going-back-to-january-warned-of-coronavirus-threat

Intelligence agencies "have been warning on this since January," a U.S. official who had access to intelligence reporting told the Post. "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were - they just couldn't get him to do anything about it." 

Yet another anonymous source with 20/20 hindsight? 

I smell something and it ain't Roses 

1 hour ago, Meredith Poor said:

China is rumored to have sent out an expedition to 'explore the world' 80 years before Columbus.Keyword search "Zheng He".

The general reaction of the Chinese imperial court was to disperse, destroy, or alter any record of these voyages. Chinese culture at the time (and in most periods since) has been hostile to 'foreigners' and 'foreign adventures'. When Westerners started showing up in the 1500s, the imperial court demanded tribute from western governments. Rather than adapt to and confront western powers, the Chinese elite simply wrapped themselves in their cloaks and turned away.

There may be military commanders that are fiddling with the idea of taking over the US (or some other part of the world). It would be easier to do this with Russia first, partly due to its proximity and partly due to its relative weakness. However, Chinese military resources have their limits. One of the first is how the Chinese military is organized: it is the internal apparatus of the Chinese Communist Party, not China as a sovereign country. This kind of organization signifies distrust of various minorities within China, and in general those that aren't members of the party. The PLA has always been, first and foremost, focused on protecting the party from (in many cases) 'unreliable' elements within China.

China (as well as Russia) is certainly interested in weakening western powers, including the US. Keyword search 'lebensraum' to see how this influenced thinking in Russia from about the 1880's. Western powers were looking at Eastern Europe and Russia as lands to conquer and incorporate, as the US had done in its westward expansion. Some versions of this plan included exterminating those that already lived there. Russia had experienced Napoleon's invasion in 1812, so this wasn't viewed by anyone in Russia as idle talk.

China was undergoing rounds of 'gunboat diplomacy' as various countries launched expeditions to carve up the country. The last of these was Japan's incursions into what they named 'Manchuria'.

Both of these countries have been invaded, multiple times, from countries intending to expand their respective empires. This has led to vast amounts of intrigue as these countries attempt to divide Western societies and political elites.

The playing field was territorial in the 19th and 20th centuries. It's now more merchantilist, with focus on raw materials, markets for manufactured goods, etc. China still resents 'foreign' influences - the last thing they want to do is mix up their population with that of the US, which would be a massive source of foreign ideas and influence.

Good response. To start however, it isn't an "article" it's a speech given by their top general. It shows the mindset of the Politburo, especially the military leg. 

There's an excellent book about that expedition called 1421. I've got it around here someplace and read it when it first came out. True or not, the author makes some big claims but backs them up with intriguing evidence. The reason the expedition was "deleted" had to do with a lightning strike on the forbidden city, which told the mandarins that the Heavens didn't look auspiciously on the venture. New management took over and then China went into isolationism. Two concepts from that. First, the mandate from heaven is still a Chinese concept, and don't doubt for a minute that hundreds of millions of Chinese citizens aren't contemplating that the CCP might be past their expiration date. Second is what happens to a super power, which China certainly was, when it becomes isolationist? A cautionary tale for the US. 

Japan wasn't so happy about losing their isolation. They really only let the Portuguese in, and them not very far for over a century. It took long Wars and new management of their own before gaijin were allowed in, grudgingly. The tipping point for the Shogun was obviously, muskets. Instead of having elite warriors (samurai) simple peasants could wipe out entire forces before they could wield their superior swordsmanship. Japan has only made about 500 films about this era, somewhere in the middle is truth. 

"lebensraum" is a German word I believe. From an agrarian viewpoint, more land means more food. Germans had suffered through starvation before. Russians already have too much land although they appreciate the resource base now. The development of the neutron bomb was the amoral answer to the quandary of killing enemies without destroying all their nice stuff. Germs and viri work the same coincidentally without the long term radiation problem.

4 hours ago, Hotone said:

That was a non starter warning with no specifics and nothing solid to counter "great friend" Emperor Xi's lies. So I think Trump took the both be damned kind of decision and cut off China travel. The testing flub was a bureacratic bumble of the worst kind, with the FDA and the CDC refusing to let the hospitals develop their own tests for an entire month, while the CDC produced a garbage test and stuck to clearly incorrect testing guidelines to hide the facts, Both the CDC pandemic response team and the FDA had been writing reams of labyrinthine regulations for the hoops through which medical practitioners, hospitals and labs would have to run through in the case of an emergency before they can run tests or administer treatments. Trump fired the CDC team. Should have fired the FDA team as well. They were the detection and treatment prevention task force of the career bureaucrats. The FDA relented eventually when people started dying with Trump's Monty Python giant foot was ready to crunch them with the new emergency powers and wrote up a simplified protocol that allowed private and hospital tests to go operational. From the go ahead to several independent test protocols and commercial tests the time was 3-4 days after a whole month of the CDC and FDA wrapping everyone in red tape and sticking the hoop on the ceiling so that nobody could shoot the ball through it. 

But the medical system is already running out of pipettes and reagents. So that needs to pick up right quick.

Trump's role in the snafu's was to be surprised by how so many intelligent government professionals could fumble the ball over the entire game court while knocking down their own team's players. The "beautiful team" was clueless as to how to deal with any aspect of reality, or were purposely crashing the response, like the asshat FDA under sub something who popped up immediately to counter Trump's mention of the hydroxychloroquine and azythromycin treatment based on actual scientific testing with the demand that it has to go through the tunnel of torture of the FDA rules before it should be used. Hopefully Trump will find the Big Foot with which to stomp these people out. Hopefully doctors will do their usual response to FDA rules and bypass them and prescribe the meds as appropriate, particularly at the early stage of the disease. 

Again, there pops up another one who only looks for ways to blame Trump. 

• Great Response! 1

3 hours ago, surrept33 said:

The Trump administration was ill prepared because of budget cuts in the wrong places too:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/05/10/top-white-house-official-in-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

Note, article date: 2018/05/10

This team was busy showing how busy they are by writing reams of regulations and operating scenarios that no human medical team could ever decipher, let alone follow. They were useless. Not only should their budget have been cut, but their entire lifetime opus of paperwork should have been destroyed and the digital copies physically detached from electronic devices, and an effort made to prevent any other government division from hiring them at a level above trash collection. 

Sometimes nothing is better. 

• Great Response! 1

18 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Their explanation is soooooooooo backwards it's pathetic. You can take any virus and render its DNA or RNA unto absolute surveillance within just a few hours. There are whole databases on bad viruses. Not only that but a good nucleotide scientist can take spicules of dangerous viruses and capsids of other dangerous viruses, and figure out ways to combine the two so that the worst can happen. Dr. No has finally invaded the virus nucleotide laboratory and he did it with a computer. 

Behind all that is a brain. In most cases the brain of a pretty good man or woman who was attracted to this particular sport by the sheer intellectual beauty of it all--they're in some sort of bubble, innocuous and absorbed. Keep in mind: it only takes one psychopath working for say the Communist Party of China to turn out one evil son of the devil himself. 

Natural viruses just replicate as they will, going here and there, trying things out, eternally searching for a good set of genes upon which to light. They adapt to the host's nucleic acid sequences. Since there are only four nucleic acids--two purines and two pyrimidines--the permutations aren't all that exotic. Even yet, occasionally a really bad virus gets going by natural selection: Spanish flu of 1918, polio, etc. But the Spanish flu got inside your cell machinery on a Tuesday and by Thursday he had you gone. The poliomyelitis virus usually took a bit longer though the one that got my brother did it in just three days. 

On the other hand, it is perfectly logical that parts--a portion of a capsid here, a spike there--of virulent viruses can be put together in such a way as to absolutely do what this one is doing: replicating inside its host for days, allowing for innocent spread by a person who feels just fine, and then reaching the tipping point and flooding the lungs. I'm not saying it's what happened, this Dr. No genetic engineering a killer, but it's a much better explanation for a near perfect virus than one that just puffed along in the wind. 

If you read about the actual articles that were coming out of the Wuhan virology department, who were working the Biosafety lab then the kind of genetic engineering tests they published involved the deliberate insertion of pathogenic virus genes into various bat coronaviruses to show how few mutation steps stand between supposedly innocuous bat CVs and a human transmissible one. It was deliberate engineering of pathogens for "civil" purposes.

The HIV sequences identified in the virus RNA apparently (if I recall correctly) code for an additional receptor other than ACE 2 present in many cells in the body rather than the lungs. So you could get it directly to the lungs by inhalation, or get it into other tissues and have it replicate without symptoms till the virus population is large enough to have it reach the lungs. During which period you are asymptomatic. 

So I think the heavy hand of Chinese propaganda is reaching deep into the scientific community to generate nonsense just as they are pushing the new official party line that the US brought the Wuhan Virus to China. @Meredith  is being blinded by credentials rather than reading the tortured upside down reasoning away from the facts. 

The circumstantial evidence is very strong and only missing the particular person who got infected at the lab and spread it all over the wet market. The reports from the samples taken at the market showed a dispersion of 33 CV19 positive samples from all round the market. Then they blitz bleached the market so nobody else could ample it.

• Great Response! 2

2 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

The circumstantial evidence is very strong and only missing the particular person who got infected at the lab and spread it all over the wet market.

Having worked in labs, the weak link is disposal of laboratory animals. In this case, possibly a bat or a civet cat considered to be culinary delicacies and having powerful mojo. The laboratory animal probably didn't appear ill in any way. Think of it: At the top you have someone with a very high IQ and three PhD's, and at the bottom you have a guy just making enough to get along. He marvels, damn, these people--they're throwing out perfectly good bats. 

In case you think I'm theorizing, just this case happened at a lab. Want to find the link, look no farther than the experimental animal disposal guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, 0R0 said:

@Ward, not so funny....

Silver is very low human toxicity relative to copper, which is part of our natural physiology so has to be maintained in the correct range. Colloidal copper silver and gold all have very active surfaces in metallic form and in nanoparticle ranges - diameters of 1-2 nm to 120 nm, have proven anti viral and anti bacterial effects. Silver works better as it does not have the same problems as copper and is far cheaper than gold. Anti bacterial effects are best in the 30-50 nm range, where persistence is several hours, while single digit nm diameters provide a larger population per dose for short periods of about an hour or two. When taking precious metal colloids you can take the double the recommended dose to start then take the suggested dose in appropriate intervals for what you are treating. 40 nm particles should persist for 4-6 hours, small ones in the single nm range should be taken at 2 hr intervals initially then increase the length of the intervals if symptoms don't resume, till you are doing well with 2 doses per day. Then you can probably stop. Nobody has a clear treatment protocol, but that is what I do for colds. Usually gone within a day or two. 

Zinc lozenges are a published cure for the cold. Unfortunately, if you take enough to cure the cold it causes stomach upset and loss of taste for a few days.  The cure is almost worse than the disease. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15496046

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9475824

If I catch covid I will be sucking on zinc gluconate.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

This team was busy showing how busy they are by writing reams of regulations and operating scenarios that no human medical team could ever decipher, let alone follow. They were useless. Not only should their budget have been cut, but their entire lifetime opus of paperwork should have been destroyed and the digital copies physically detached from electronic devices, and an effort made to prevent any other government division from hiring them at a level above trash collection. 

Sometimes nothing is better. 

All correct. Let's add another hoax to the pile. The hoax perpetrated by the Demoncrats who claimed Trump had done nothing about the virus. He called that claim a hoax, but the DNC MSM pretended he had said the virus was a hoax. They're still perpetrating that lie today and toadies left and right are falling for it. What were the wonderful Demoncrats doing while Trump was supposedly fiddling while Rome burned? Why those geniuses were continuing the kabuki theater of impeachment. Not one of them were doing anything about Covid19, except of course, decrying the travel ban from China as racist. 

(edited)

On 3/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, surrept33 said:

I'm not surprised that zoonotic viruses could originate fairly easily from within China (from 60 Minutes Australia).

BAD NEWS!! BAD NEWS!!

Did you know........ that the initial culprit of coronavirus i.e. bat, might only be transmitting disease if it bites?? And that might be referring to one particular species i.e. the VAMPIRE bat - which draws blood from the victim with a gentle pierce into the skin unnoticed. The question is: What comes next after the bites? Human evolve to become vampires? Shall we start to be concern and sweep all turtle neck shirts off the shelves???!!!

19 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

On the other hand, it is perfectly logical that parts--a portion of a capsid here, a spike there--of virulent viruses can be put together in such a way as to absolutely do what this one is doing: replicating inside its host for days, allowing for innocent spread by a person who feels just fine, and then reaching the tipping point and flooding the lungs. I'm not saying it's what happened, this Dr. No genetic engineering a killer, but it's a much better explanation for a near perfect virus than one that just puffed along in the wind. 

You might not aware the difficulties in real genetic work........ first of all, the size of the virus and bacteria dealt with might be hindering the ability of wonderful extraction and accuracy of interpretation. Secondly, RNA is highly unstable, and presents in puny quantity. You might never know you have gotten it.......... and the rest is cliche.....

BUt the key point to ponder is: the virus needs to pass through respiratory tract, a cilliated cell layer (hairy like) covered with mucuous. The rate of successful penetration could be very low. Could this virus be opportunistic which exists all the time but strikes only when the immune system is weak?? Why has the lungs infection been the primary target? After all, only gases attached to blood cells or dissolved in blood get to reach there. Unless the virus is in the blood, which could be another story?? Could the death be complication caused not directly by the virus??

13 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Now he is making a similar "gut reaction" guess about hydroxychlorquine, which seems to be effective when given along with Zithromax..................... I suppose I'd take the French doctor's information about his twenty patients (Doctors don't often lie about this sort of thing unless there's a ton of money to be made, and such is not the case here as that drug is easy to make and is lying on shelves in abundance). If the FDA fumblefarts around on this, refusing to even try the thing, then that's their bad. Mr. Trump gets ahead of his skies from time to time but his intentions are good . . . and his gut seems to be even better.

read one of the best research reported in the paper years ago which had 1 positive result out of 10 patients tested, but statistically significant at confidence level of 0.005.... or treatment is effective... at 10% recovering rate..:o

Chloroquine might be a drug for treating malaria, if not mistaken. Malaria in brief, is a parasitic infection. This parasite is eukaryotic, which means it has a nucleus, double layered membrane and etc. Would virus, a non nucleated being be responding the same? Or is the antioxidative effect of chloroquine that is effective?? If it is the later, vit A, C, E in concentrated form could be useful??

Edited by specinho

2 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

This was all true till the recent generation took over the Politburo and then appointed Xi. Since then, there had been a powerful attempt to expand Chinese influence and create the infrastructure of a mercantilist empire with the belt and road initiative (BRI). Particularly the ports and pipelines on either side of India and the canal through Thailand. All thought to be a means to get around an American blockade, should  it come to that. Unfortunately for China, they have the wrong end of the stick. It is the US that is preventing China from being blockaded by the shared interests of the island countries all around the periphery of the S China Sea to pirate away shipping from and to China, as they had done from time immemorial. And as those Imperial powers that had carved out China had colonized the islands in order to assure the safety of their mercantile fleets and blow the other Empire's ships out of the water or at least steal their cargo. 

As @Ward Smith pointed out there had been a long standing design to take the US for its rich resources in order to feed China and let them have room to expand. Not enslave Americans, but kill them and take the land. All sorts of fictional claims were spouted to justify doing so on historical pretexts. 

Xi thinks that China can be the world hegemon by virtue of industrial strength and population the same way he thought that China could be the Financial capital of the world when he opened the financial markets in the Shanghai special economic zone designed to be a global financial center. But instead of Trillions of dollars flowing in, there was a huge gush of capital flowing out at this opportunity for Chinese to legally take their money and run. It didn't last long and was shut down immediately after the first trillion dollars had flown the coop. Think of it as the management of a department store opening up the doors for their great sale event and instead of the expected crowds rushing to go in, a torrent of vendors and employees flee the store with their merchandise. 

Xi is at a hard break from the past, expecting to be able to "make the world safe for the CCP" by dominating it mercantilistically through cornering key strategic markets. It was a long term strategy that captured 90% of pharmaceutical precursors sole sourced in China, and rare earths production, and trace element refining out of copper, key high volume chips that ended up even in US military equipment. The experience of the Wuhan Virus has shown the world that China is a negative sum game for the West from this point onwards and there will be a massive effort to tear out China from the global supply chains by the roots. All of China's key monopoly industries will be duplicated two or three times over for ASEAN, for N. America and for Europe. Nobody will care what the cost is, because they will never have business interruption insurance again if they continue doing business in China. 

• Great Response! 1