BB

TRUMP pushing Hydroxychloroquine + Zpak therapy forward despite FDA conservative approach. As he reasons, "What have we got to lose ?"

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

Your facts are nothing but a racist rant.  May your hatred sustain you when the covid strikes you.  

Erm...

The climate apocalpse has been waiting patiently for it's turn to smite the non believer, I'm afraid the covid will have to wait in line

• Haha 3

(edited)

@ ORO.  You are allowing your hatred to unhinge you. IF China wanted to export the virus, it would have done so via a military operation, not random civilian. You are asserting China is the cause of the virus, with zero proof. Again, I point out to you that sufficient evidence has now come to light to shed reasonable doubt upon such assertions. You blame China for cause, because your hatred and racism will not allow you to accept reasonable doubt. This is psychopathic.  Rather than focus your attentions upon your own government for its negligence and apathy, and seek solutions, you turn to hatred. Hatred will solve nothing and will get you nothing.  Threats such as 'it will pay for it' are simply those of bully shouting into the wind, as if you personally could threaten China or any other country for that matter.  i have pointed out repeatedly how your government has committed the same mistakes, the same propaganda, the same suppression, the same violations of liberties, yet you continue to ignore the ills of your own government and focus your hatred upon another.  That is pure racism. Not once have I read a single constructive comment from you to enlighten the world how solutions may be found. You only solution is to murder each and every member of China's CCP, which amounts to a murder of hundreds of millions, which amounts to a genocide.

Free speech is one of our greatest human rights, for it reveals the true nature of people such as you.

Edited by frankfurter
  • Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

On 3/29/2020 at 4:17 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Remove.thumb.png.54f99ab19eb34f2c36784ba81dd79082.png

nothing is 100% effective.

Should be disbarred, seriously.

Edited by Enthalpic

11 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Extortion means a benefit conferred unwillingly.

No. It. Doesn't. What dictionary did you dig that out of, your Chinese/Engrish dictionary? 

Fact, the US sent 18 tons of medical goods to China in February. Your response? To deny medical goods to be sent to the US, even goods manufactured in American owned factories! Brings a whole new meaning to asshole behavior. I know you're a Chinese agent, a wumaodang and you've never denied it. The better question is why? Why support those amoral thugs? For ten more meters of apartment? 

Extortion means a benefit conferred unwillingly.

No. It. Doesn't. What dictionary did you dig that out of, your Chinese/Engrish dictionary? 

Fact, the US sent 18 tons of medical goods to China in February. Your response? To deny medical goods to be sent to the US, even goods manufactured in American owned factories! Brings a whole new meaning to asshole behavior. I know you're a Chinese agent, a wumaodang and you've never denied it. The better question is why? Why support those amoral thugs? For ten more meters of apartment? 

• Upvote 2

‘This is insane!’ Many scientists lament Trump’s embrace of risky malaria drugs for coronavirus

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/insane-many-scientists-lament-trump-s-embrace-risky-malaria-drugs-coronavirus#

When President Donald Trump recently touted the common malaria treatments hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine as potential remedies for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), he ignited unprecedented demand for the drugs—and set scientists’ teeth on edge. Although the World Health Organization (WHO) agrees the compounds are worth testing more fully on the pandemic coronavirus, few drug or infectious disease experts—not even the president’s own advisers—share his optimism that the drugs could become “one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine,” as he tweeted. And many are critical of the small French clinical study of just 42 patients that seems to have touched off most of the excitement.

Dahly and others, only much larger, better studies such as one WHO has just started can show whether any optimism about the compounds is warranted. “The best way to know whether a medication for COVID-19 is effective is through a high-quality clinical trial,” says Joshua Sharfstein, a vice dean at Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health and a former principal deputy Food and Drug Administration commissioner. “Efforts to widely distribute unproven treatments are misguided at best and dangerous at worst.”

Such cautions were buried under an avalanche of demand for hydroxychloroquine, also sold under the brand name Plaquenil, and chloroquine, as doctors rushed to prescribe one or the other for confirmed or possible COVID-19 infections. Among the immediate consequences:

- Shortages of the drug are endangering patients who need it for lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.
- India, a major producer, has banned exports, and some doctors are hoarding both drugs by writing prescriptions for themselves or family members.
- Deaths in Nigeria among people self-treating for apparent COVID-19 were attributed to chloroquine overdoses, and an Arizona man trying to avoid COVID-19 infection died after reportedly self-medicating with a toxic form of chloroquine used to clean fish tanks.
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, a staunch Trump ally, ordered that nation’s military labs to ramp up production of chloroquine. Panic buying has ensued.

----------------------------------------------

Many scientists have criticized the French trial as riddled with enough methodological flaws to render its findings unreliable or misleading. Biostatisticians from the United Kingdom and Ireland cited a basic failure: Investigators didn’t randomize the groups—essential to ensuring dependable comparisons. They also noted that six of the treated patients were lost to the study, five of whom fared badly—one died, three entered intensive care, and one stopped treatment because of nausea. Yet they were dropped from the analysis, potentially skewing the outcome.

Elisabeth Bik, a scientific integrity consultant, wrote on her blog that for some patients supposedly helped by the treatments, daily tests for the presence of the coronavirus fluctuated between positive and negative, suggesting the virus might have persisted, just below the test’s detection threshold. Investigators should have confirmed viral clearance over two or three consecutive days, she said, particularly because the trial did not keep track of clinical indicators such as fever or shortness of breath. But the viral tests also ended after no more than 6 days total for all patients.

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:

Erm...

The climate apocalpse has been waiting patiently for it's turn to smite the non believer, I'm afraid the covid will have to wait in line

Don't mock climate change, you unbeliever.  It will destroy us although a bit slower than COVID19. Just one glacier, is enough to raise sea levels by 5 feet.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/world/denman-glacier-antarctica-melt-trnd/index.html

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Not true, supplies are coming to you.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/economy/coronavirus-china-supplies.html

Be patient. As a result of the years long trade war, Chinese suppliers have found alternative customers and signed contracts outside of the US.  With this pandemic, global demand has far exceeded supply.  The Chinese have been ramping up production. I am sure that they will supply America after they have fulfilled their existing contracts.

7 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Don't mock climate change, you unbeliever.  It will destroy us although a bit slower than COVID19. Just one glacier, is enough to raise sea levels by 5 feet.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/world/denman-glacier-antarctica-melt-trnd/index.html

Covid is causing the best air quality in years...  the virus will make climate change the "hoax" it never was.

People + Money --> useless shit --> CO2 --> climate change

Get rid of people and money, problem solved.

Just now, Hotone said:

Good 😂

I can't wait to see beach front homes belonging to virtue signalling celebrities get destroyed, now that would be funny.

I live on a hill 😆

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Many scientists have criticized the French trial as riddled with enough methodological flaws to render its findings unreliable or misleading. Biostatisticians from the United Kingdom and Ireland cited a basic failure: Investigators didn’t randomize the groups—essential to ensuring dependable comparisons. They also noted that six of the treated patients were lost to the study, five of whom fared badly—one died, three entered intensive care, and one stopped treatment because of nausea. Yet they were dropped from the analysis, potentially skewing the outcome.

Elisabeth Bik, a scientific integrity consultant, wrote on her blog that for some patients supposedly helped by the treatments, daily tests for the presence of the coronavirus fluctuated between positive and negative, suggesting the virus might have persisted, just below the test’s detection threshold. Investigators should have confirmed viral clearance over two or three consecutive days, she said, particularly because the trial did not keep track of clinical indicators such as fever or shortness of breath. But the viral tests also ended after no more than 6 days total for all patients.

This is a follow up based on the 2nd study (your article was published before the 2nd study came out):

https://scienceintegritydigest.com/2020/03/30/an-observational-study-without-a-control-group/

That being said, in this case, I fully agree with Trump, what do they have to lose? The FDA approved the emergency approval for that reason.

Meanwhile, some large scale trials in NY and other places are going on now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Cambridge dictionary:  extortion

noun [ U ]  UK  /ɪkˈstɔː.ʃən/ US  /ɪkˈstɔːr.ʃən/

the act of getting something, especially money, by force or threats 

10 hours ago, Hotone said:

Trump is actually playing nice with China at the moment.  You still need to get medical supplies from them for a long time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/economy/coronavirus-china-supplies.html

Relax, don't get so worked up, stay calm and focus on the important task of beating this pandemic.  I urge you to heed the wise words of WHO special representative Dr. Nabano: 'our focus must be on ensuring that we understand as best we can the emerging information that comes to us in the months and years ahead... for now, speed and solidarity based on what we are learning are more important than chasing perfection. If we want to reduce the effect of subsequent infections, we need to be fast, well connected and sensitive to the collective struggles of billions of people rather than apportioning blame.'

It will  be over fast if America is willing to swallow a short term pain of lockdown like other countries.  Follow the example of India, which is imposing a 21 day nationwide lockdown.  In my country, Malaysia, we are also in a lockdown for 4 weeks.  

I used to watch videos of deserted cities in China during their epidemic, but now life is returning to normal.  I visited Shanghai with my family last December, and here is a recent video of that city returning to life.

I understand that we have to play along with them for a little while longer, but I just can't wait until we can tell them to screw off...

Your facts are nothing but a racist rant.  May your hatred sustain you when the covid strikes you.  

And all you do on this forum is stand behind the assholes that have created this disaster. What is wrong with you. You have some SERIOUS mental deficiencies.... Move your ass over there and after 10 years call us and tell us how you are doing, living the dream....

22 hours ago, frankfurter said:

China is extorting what?  Extortion is a rather strong accusation, but is expected coming from you. Extortion means a benefit conferred unwillingly. I can think of no time in history when the USA has conferred a benefit unwillingly. Quite the opposite, as in the recent case of Biden extorting the Ukraine govt for his personal benefit. Amazingly, someone who is confirmed beyond doubt to have committed a criminal act is running for nomination as your president. I would suggest you follow your suggested course of action to drain your own swamp.

frankfurter, isn’t it uncomfortable sitting at your desk typing this drivel while your head is up your ass? 

• Haha 4

On 3/29/2020 at 2:15 AM, frankfurter said:

your hatred blinds you. 

Wow!

18 hours ago, SERWIN said:

FACT, China hid what was going on for at least 6 weeks before notifying the WHO about the virus.

FACT, China doesn't give a shit about any of its citizens, if they die, SO WHAT... They locked their seniors in buildings and let them DIE!!

FACT, China gave the world this virus because of its refusal to alert the WHO immediately about what was going on.

FACT, China has DESTROYED the world economy by doing so...

FACT, you obviously don't live in China, so maybe you should move over there and live the dream... Call us and tell us how its going, won't you? Maybe your government should be taking a VERY close look at you, and anyone defending the Communist regime right now...

FACT, China came out like petulant little children and actually blamed the USA for this pandemic...F

ACT, FUCK CHINA!! We in America are for sure are DONE with them....

FACT, any country willing to deal with China after this has finally settled down will probably have a revolution that gets all their leaders KILLED for not refusing to cut them off... The sentiment is growing and in six months the rest of the world will have recovered enough to realize we can ALL live without their manufacturing... Any idiot third world country can make garbage like they do...

FACT, anyone with any form of a conscience would not buy anything from China after this, giving them money only enables them to do MORE OF THE SAME AGAIN!!

Agreed!

the anti Chinese feeling by the average citizen in the UK is palpable.

The concern is that this ill feeling will not be directed in the right way which is to boycott anything Chinese and to cease trade. My concern is that for people of Chinese descent living in the West they will be targets for abuse, whether that be verbal or physical or both.

I hope I am wrong here but I fear I'm not

12 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Bloomberg School

Nuff said

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Covid is causing the best air quality in years...  the virus will make climate change the "hoax" it never was.

People + Money --> useless shit --> CO2 --> climate change

Get rid of people and money, problem solved.

In other words - Coronavirus solved a problem that never existed.

(edited)

14 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I though this Joe Biden video was hilarious.  And he is running for President.  Astonishing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1244902393264758784

Screenshot_20200331-093854_Brave.thumb.jpg.c97f7f422596b23678f488f7eaebddc5.jpg

I don't know how but the DNC will figure out a way to dump Joe.  They can't run him for president. 

DNC knows it will be a disaster.

Honestly, they would be doing Biden a favor.

There is no way.  Many more qualified and cogent Democrats.

Edited by BLA

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Agreed!

the anti Chinese feeling by the average citizen in the UK is palpable.

The concern is that this ill feeling will not be directed in the right way which is to boycott anything Chinese and to cease trade. My concern is that for people of Chinese descent living in the West they will be targets for abuse, whether that be verbal or physical or both.

I hope I am wrong here but I fear I'm not

I don't think people blame the Chinese people.  

The blame the Chinese leadership.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2