ronwagn

Why Trump Is Right to Re-Open the Economy

5 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Believe me, we have plenty of people who pay nothing out of pocket for health care. We are late to the game in telemedicine and not that great on tele education. We are supposedly increasing tele education for the coronavirus. I personally have been a believer in distance education since the seventies. I have a topic on it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nkAnzn9R7NH0LqihEeeq4be4ckBgk70YkGKbHsrnbTU/edit

I am very impressed with all of the volunteers Britain has had for their coronavirus efforts. 

The UK Government Asked for

250,000 Coronavirus Volunteers, and 405,000 Came Forward in 24 Hours

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MXY8T0j7k0oUBsHW4BfjJM__DRIyzqrDf_FSlV4hHpw/edit#

As part of a campaign to enroll 10,000 young women volunteers for Britains civil nursing reserve, which will operate emergency hospitals in the event of war, posters such as this appeared throughout Great Britain, on April 27. Miss Greta Berry, the model of the poster nurse, is beside one of …

The cost of US healthcare shocks British public!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hotone said:

The cost of US healthcare shocks British public!

Anything shocks the British public, they have the IQ of a goldfish

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

Rob,

I do not suggest that historical numbers in China are right ( or wrong ). I do not know what to think and will even not bother to spent time to find out. There could be 3,000 as they reported or even 10,000 casualties, you can hide such a number in a province of 60 million or a country of 1,400 million.

But at the moment this is irrelevant for most of CoVID19 discussions.

My opinion is that at present the number of new cases and new deaths should be low or very low cause China relaxed the safety measures.

Rob, this the matter of deduction and not belief in any data.

The theorem that there is infinite number of primes, you see the proof it does not matter if Trump, Mao, Xi or Satan himself has shown it to you, cause you have brain to make a judgement.

Marcin I was replying to your original post where you stated the CCP couldn't hide such numbers, and it appears you are correct in that, even though you appeared to believe the Chinese numbers they were stating which this counters.

If you dont care why post in the first place?

I am just stating a lot of data is flawed at present as testing is not uniform from country to country and some have agendas they are working to.

The UK death toll will rise today as they are changing how they report now for example.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

I've been doing the sauna. Going to 140F should kill most any pathogens and the vodka should as well. I'm more of a whisky fan, and posted here months ago about the Englishman trapped in Wuhan who cured himself with Hot toddys until his whisky ran out. ;)

Haha

Bourbon or single malt Ward?

I'm a single malt fan myself

• Like 1

“I must applaud your ability to lie constantly, in alow, droning, monotone way that really tires out youropponents. You are a great follower of your illustrious leader.”

Only Yoshiro could get droning and monotone out of text....

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

“I must applaud your ability to lie constantly, in alow, droning, monotone way that really tires out youropponents. You are a great follower of your illustrious leader.”

I get the feeling he's not a big fan of the orange man!

I'm sure deep down he loves you though Douglas 😂

I don't think he's a big fan of all things American either

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Believe me, we have plenty of people who pay nothing out of pocket for health care. We are late to the game in telemedicine and not that great on tele education. We are supposedly increasing tele education for the coronavirus. I personally have been a believer in distance education since the seventies. I have a topic on it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nkAnzn9R7NH0LqihEeeq4be4ckBgk70YkGKbHsrnbTU/edit

I am very impressed with all of the volunteers Britain has had for their coronavirus efforts. 

The UK Government Asked for

250,000 Coronavirus Volunteers, and 405,000 Came Forward in 24 Hours

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MXY8T0j7k0oUBsHW4BfjJM__DRIyzqrDf_FSlV4hHpw/edit#

As part of a campaign to enroll 10,000 young women volunteers for Britains civil nursing reserve, which will operate emergency hospitals in the event of war, posters such as this appeared throughout Great Britain, on April 27. Miss Greta Berry, the model of the poster nurse, is beside one of …

Its 750,000 now!

Incredible response from the British public, makes me proud for once.

When the s*it hits the fan we always respond positively, one of the things I love about this country!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

I get the feeling he's not a big fan of the orange man!

I'm sure deep down he loves you though Douglas 😂

I don't think he's a big fan of all things American either

Ah well...piss on him.😂

• Haha 2

(edited)

15 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Germany's mortality rate is great, and we should examine how they accomplished that. Our rate is better than Europe as a whole. Italy and Spain have a total of 19,000 deaths while we have 3,000 with a population of 330 million versus 107 million for Italy and Spain which is a third of ours. 

I'm German and have been following our leading experts on the matter, so I can answer this. Two major effects:

a.) We have a modern, decentralized lab network which was able to conduct a large number of tests from day one. While we are sure our cases are under-reported, it is estimated that we have caught a relatively high percentage of the actual cases, along with South Korea, therefore capturing more mild cases than other countries.

b.) The main infection cells for the spread to Germany were in Austria and Northern Italy, and the predominant scenario for this were skiing vacations of relatively young people. Therefore, our patients are younger than average. In combination with a.), this means a higher number of recorded mild cases.

Also, the whole thing hit Germany quite late compared to Italy, Spain and probably the US (we have no idea how long the virus has been around here). Again, thorough testing might give you an inaccurate impression here, Germany is at an earlier stage of the outbreak. And people need around 3 weeks to actually die.

Edited by Christian Oppenländer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Haha

Bourbon or single malt Ward?

I'm a single malt fan myself

Bourbon in mixed drinks (hot toddy counts as mixed) single malt or blended (Johnny Walker Blue Label) straight. Also a big fan of Irish, triple distilled and smoother. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Yoshiro=frankfurter

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Marcin I was replying to your original post where you stated the CCP couldn't hide such numbers, and it appears you are correct in that, even though you appeared to believe the Chinese numbers they were stating which this counters.

I am just stating a lot of data is flawed at present as testing is not uniform from country to country and some have agendas they are working to.

The UK death toll will rise today as they are changing how they report now for example.

I read my comment and noticed that I have been a little bit rude, this topic makes me emotional.

I write in a context of the title of this very topic, and the fact that I believe that quarantine is a measure to take.

It is important what is done now, not the past, especially regarding countries that managed to stop epidemic like China or South Korea.

For me major implication of what is going on at present in countries that were simply irresponsible at the start is that they would have to cope with CoVID19 disease in 10 maybe 20% of population, instead of 1% in countries that decided to act fast.

1 minute ago, Marcin2 said:

I read my comment and noticed that I have been a little bit rude, this topic makes me emotional.

I write in a context of the title of this very topic, and the fact that I believe that quarantine is a measure to take.

It is important what is done now, not the past, especially regarding countries that managed to stop epidemic like China or South Korea.

For me major implication of what is going on at present in countries that were simply irresponsible at the start is that they would have to cope with CoVID19 disease in 10 maybe 20% of population, instead of 1% in countries that decided to act fast.

No problem Marcin 😊

18 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

John Oliver - This crisis paints a very dark picture of our nation's psyche where our collective worship of the market is slowly turning into a f%$#ing death cult (that is IMO a quote worthy of a marble monument)

Also John Oliver - The republican pundits are basically offering to sacrifice the oldest and weakest so that the economy does not slow down, as if the virus was a pack of hungry wolves at the gates. 

Also John Oliver - The governors of the individual states are bidding against each other for boxes of emergency supplies while the nation watches. 

Yoshiro;  I see the CCP; have you posting as their un-official, official, mouthpiece.

As for your obvious case of TDS Level 37; I fear for those around you come the night of Nov 3rd when the President is RE-Elected in a Landslide!!  For certainly your head Will explode, and all that hate filled mush in your cranial orb; will be deposited upon all who are within the blast radius...  Perhaps Xi will have a 9th level Lt. send flowers too the funeral. Or not...

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/25/2020 at 12:36 AM, Daniel Ryslink said:

Trump is basing his decisions on anti-scientific wishful thinking of his crony oligarch friends, of course their profits are vanishing, so it's back to work for the american slave citizen. How easier it all was for these plutocrats before damned Lincoln came around, right?

Meanwhile, WHO warns that USA has the potential to become the new epicenter of the pandemic, with New York showing signs of unmitigated exponential growth of cases among the inhabitants. Trump is on a good course to make this a trainwreck of epic proportions, unfortunately, and as always (remember 2008), those responsible for the crisis won't be those who will suffer the most - those will be the common citizens dying from treatable causes like heart attacks, other infections, strokes, etc. because the healthcare system will be overwhelmed and there will be nobody to treat them. The super rich, of course, won't be waiting in any queue. 

Yet his approval ratings keep going up.

• Like 3

His approval ratings are up.  I am reading articles discussing his "political genius".  Don't you think this speaks to the utterly ridiculous number of brain-dead people in the American population?

3 hours ago, Christian Oppenländer said:

I'm German and have been following our leading experts on the matter, so I can answer this. Two major effects:

a.) We have a modern, decentralized lab network which was able to conduct a large number of tests from day one. While we are sure our cases are under-reported, it is estimated that we have caught a relatively high percentage of the actual cases, along with South Korea, therefore capturing more mild cases than other countries.

b.) The main infection cells for the spread to Germany were in Austria and Northern Italy, and the predominant scenario for this were skiing vacations of relatively young people. Therefore, our patients are younger than average. In combination with a.), this means a higher number of recorded mild cases.

Also, the whole thing hit Germany quite late compared to Italy, Spain and probably the US (we have no idea how long the virus has been around here). Again, thorough testing might give you an inaccurate impression here, Germany is at an earlier stage of the outbreak. And people need around 3 weeks to actually die.

Thank you for the info. Very useful.

Unfortunately, the US regulators (FDA) and CDC were busy PREVENTING tests from development at the distributed facilities in hospitals and private labs. On your side of the Atlantic, tests were rapidly put in place and made available well before substantial numbers came into hospitals.  Here, they were deliberately prevented till the President stepped on the regulators and threatened their departments with extinction. 

I don't know about your medical bureaucracy's role in preventing experimental treatments. But it was up till Friday that both Italy and France PROHIBITED any of the promising treatments from being applied, and they were resisted in the US as well, both by regulators and internal bureaucracies of medical organizations. They still resist them and now even governors are intervening to prevent application of experimental treatments (MI), while others are running official tests (NY).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

I think that the failing, particularly of the CDC and FDA on the testing front left the US flying entirely blind with no idea how many people were infected. The State tracking mechanism for personal contact tracking never considered that the virus is transmitted on cold surfaces. That the virus was shed by the infected starting with the second day after infection rather than the usual case where it becomes communicable at the onset of symptoms. 

With no data, the political level had no idea which experts to believe. The ones saying it is a Flu, or the ones saying it is a rapidly spreading fatal epidemic. The main source of possible information for epidemics is the country where it first shows up and from CDC and WHO scientists working at the front lines collecting information and doctors publishing clinical experience and treatment results. In China, all information was suppressed. Fake numbers were put up for public consumption and the deaths deliberately misclassified. Nearly all the information was obtained OUTSIDE of China on  a handful of cases. The US officials never had the experience of having to deal with outright lies and obfuscation before and adhered to the official line of the CCP edited reports provided by their long time Chinese colleagues and gave bad advice to all levels because of it. 

In the US, the FDA and CDC are regarded as within the Democratic party sphere, As were all the governors in the States affected first. Despite Trump's flailing and often wrong headed response, the blame will fall on the Dems as acting like assets of the CCP intelligence aparat. Dem's reflexive criticism of the President's China flight ban will haunt them for their now much shortened political futures. 

The blame will be allocated 100% to China and its hiding of the epidemic's existence, then of its contagion and mortality, then lying  about each feature of it till someone outside China refuted the claims. There is a rage against China and a growing sense that they deliberately sent out their infected people around the world to spread the disease, rather than self-imposing flight bans. For many this was a Chinese act of war by surreptitious biowarfare masquerading as an accidental epidemic. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

His approval ratings are up.  I am reading articles discussing his "political genius".  Don't you think this speaks to the utterly ridiculous number of brain-dead people in the American population?

Simple answer ...  Hell NO!

Articles written by whom??

The same guys supporting zero-evidence impeachment, zero-evidence Mueller Russia election interference, zero-evidence Ukrainian phone call.  An old poker adage comes to mind about you ..... When you're not sure who the mullet is in the room ... it's you!!

Oh .... welcome to OilPrice.com

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Christian Oppenländer said:

Dankeschoen Herr Oppenlander!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

One reason for successes in Asia https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/coronavirus-could-travel-27-feet-stay-in-air-for-hours-mit-researcher/ Masks are very important also. We should all me wearing mask if out and about! 

(edited)

Bob D,

I won't get into who the articles were written by as I'm sure you'll then launch a full-on attack of the source and the "fake media".  So we'll just skip all that.  The fact that you used the term "zero evidence impeachment" to refer to your President leads me to believe that you are a part of the population I was referring to.

Just as a general question, why do so many in America have to be on the extreme end of every issue?  I see it in so many things.

Edited by UNC12345

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Yoshiro=frankfurter

Nope.  2 different people.

2 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

Since I am brain-dead, I am unable to offer a rebuttal to your TDS.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1