Followers 0
CD

Cpt Lauren Dowsett

(edited)

1 hour ago, ceo_energemsier said:

Cheers!!!!

MaxthonSnap20200315161346.jpg

Looks like a nice Single Malt there 😉

Impressed no ice or water/soda etc like a true Scotsman.

Edited by James Regan

9 hours ago, 0R0 said:

That is extreme and stupid. 

Leave the country and go home. 

It’s not that easy once you are married to a local a local girl at anytime, but it is impossible to leave the country now in any case.

That said, I was on Skype with a friend back home in Colorado last night. They are in ‘lockdown’, but mechanics and construction workers can still go to work, auto parts stores are open, etc....

What’s the point of lockdown then?

51 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

It’s not that easy once you are married to a local a local girl at anytime, but it is impossible to leave the country now in any case.

That said, I was on Skype with a friend back home in Colorado last night. They are in ‘lockdown’, but mechanics and construction workers can still go to work, auto parts stores are open, etc....

The local wife didn't mind the local girls coming over for drinks and dancing? I should have picked Malaysian Chinese instead of Taiwan Chinese I guess…

Yeah, selecting the proper Chinese girl takes some serious thought....

• Haha 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Just puts RAP to shame...doesn’t it!😂

RAP is actually very complicated and is an excellent mechanism to say some words which some may perceive as offensive I love Niggas With Attitude - Snoop Dog- Vanilla Ice (my favourite) ice ice baby the most famous Wigger around, great base line Dumb Dumb Dumb  DDD Dumb Dumb...

Not my favourite genre but I take off my chapelle to it, as its art. Dont tell me this doesn't get you pumping...... 

"Now that the party is jumping
With the bass kicked in, and the Vegas are pumpin'
Quick to the point, to the point no faking
I'm cooking MC's like a pound of bacon"

😂

Edited by James Regan

12 minutes ago, James Regan said:

RAP is actually very complicated and is an excellent mechanism to say some words which some may perceive as offensive I love Niggas With Attitude - Snoop Dog- Vanilla Ice (my favourite) ice ice baby the most famous Wigger around, great base line Dumb Dumb Dumb  DDD Dumb Dumb...

Not my favourite genre but I take off my chapelle to it, as its art. Dont tell me this doesn't get you pumping...... 

😂

Stop that right now!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, James Regan said:

😂

33 minutes ago, James Regan said:

😂

You video proves the point. This is nothing but poetry spoken to a musical background, no harmony, no melody, no musical talent whatsoever.

That said, RAP was never intended to be a musical genre. RAP is an acronym for Rhythmically Applied Poetry.

4 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You video proves the point. This is nothing but poetry spoken to a musical background, no harmony, no melody, no musical talent whatsoever.

That said, RAP was never intended to be a musical genre. RAP is an acronym for Rhythmically Applied Poetry.

You forgot the C

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

You can’t compare that sissy ICE to George Thorogood & the Destroyers! Just listen to the guitar riffs!!!!

• Like 1

(edited)

I just went down a rabbit hole watching a few live classic bands live on youtube  and realised that the millennials have had it so easy. When I went to gigs (events where band perform to the public) you were checked for recording devices, some bands promoted it by separating areas where you could record the show, bands like The Grateful Dead were famous for it, I recorded many bands and made bootleg tapes under the duress of being instantly "ejected" by security with my Professional Sony Walkman.

Another point for the millennial they dont have to leave the show with a burnt thumb either, its not fair, they have been allowed to enter shows with a recording device and lighter in one, this has actually caused the music industry and bands to charge huge prices for live shows as its all gone digital.

Bands historically never made a profit on touring, the money was made on selling records, touring was only marketing for the latest record that had been released.

CDs started this digital piracy and that was the death of the music industry, many good new bands failed due to the introduction of CDs.

Gone are the days of going to Woolworths on Monday to get the latest 7inch single of your favourite band, now you just sit on your ass and its delivered to you whether you want it or not.

Okay Im good now, as I'm surfing the internet in nano seconds covering decades of music- Thank the lord for the Millennials and the digital age..................

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, James Regan said:

I just went down a rabbit hole watching a few live classic bands live on youtube  and realised that the millennials have had it so easy. When I went to gigs (events where band perform to the public) you were checked for recording devices, some bands promoted it by separating areas where you could record the show, bands like The Grateful Dead were famous for it, I recorded many bands and made bootleg tapes under the duress of being instantly "ejected" by security with my Professional Sony Walkman.

Another point for the millennial they dont have to leave the show with a burnt thumb either, its not fair, they have been allowed to enter shows with a recording device and lighter in one, this has actually caused the music industry and bands to charge huge prices for live shows as its all gone digital.

Bands historically never made a profit on touring, the money was made on selling records, touring was only marketing for the latest record that had been released.

CDs started this digital piracy and that was the death of the music industry, many good new bands failed due to the introduction of CDs.

Gone are the days of going to Woolworths on Monday to get the latest 7inch single of your favourite band, now you just sit on your ass and its delivered to you whether you want it or not.

Okay Im good now, as I'm surfing the internet in nano seconds covering decades of music- Thank the lord for the Millennials and the digital age..................

After I posted George last night, I plugged in my sennheiser headphones and watched entire concerts at excessive volume and loved every minute of it. There's a trick on YouTube, you run the slider to the end and then start over and it skips the commercials. I don't mind funding the artists, but the ads take me out of the live show mood. Watched a great Jethro Tull concert that way, after George, just to mix it up a bit. My generation was damn lucky at how many great bands we had to listen to, and live acts came through all the time. If I had it to do over again I'd have hit more concerts, but I was too much of a purist and had a killer stereo with home built speakers with custom crossovers I also designed and built. Eventually built my own amp, part tube, part digital. Those were the days, wish I had any of that stuff now. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Bend the curve - i.e. rationally reduce the rate of infection but let it propagate slowly. Vs. the Chinese way that was insane and left everyone in suspended animation for two months, leaving the country vulnerable to another breakout. 

The end result you want is that most of the active population is immune, and can't be a petri dish to convey the next outbreak to the elderly and ill. 

The Dem states in the East adopted insane shutdown procedures for no purpose after their city populations reached 30-50% infections. They hail their methods and goals from China. 

The positive test numbers are staggering in the big cities. NY metro is well over 50% in the burroughs and immediate suburbs - i.e. subway commuters. Manhattan has lower infection rates at about 40% since more of the population Ubers and walks or bikes rather than pack into the subway at rush hour. 

• Like 1

And Texans!