Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GD

Invested in Jan 2021 Calls

Layman’s terms.

Govt instructed America to come to a halt. Sports teams, airlines, buses, Uber, commuters, etc are not filling the tank like normal.

When America goes back to work consumption will explode from “nothing” to “wow”.  Gasoline prices will move from $1.80 to $2.25 in days.

People are going to flood to restaurants, relatives, and whatever opens up in town filling the tanks again.

And by the way ... this unemployment number of 16 million filings in last three weeks has been driven by Govt.  The Govt stated to America to basically close your business and creates the filings.  When the Govt declares the “Go back to work day” you will see unemployment drop by millions every week.

By calls now for an unbelievable rest of 2020 year when oil goes to $40 a bare minimum.

Calls on what specifically? thanks.

On 4/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, Headsortails2066 said:

Layman’s terms.

Govt instructed America to come to a halt. Sports teams, airlines, buses, Uber, commuters, etc are not filling the tank like normal.

When America goes back to work consumption will explode from “nothing” to “wow”.  Gasoline prices will move from $1.80 to $2.25 in days.

People are going to flood to restaurants, relatives, and whatever opens up in town filling the tanks again.

And by the way ... this unemployment number of 16 million filings in last three weeks has been driven by Govt.  The Govt stated to America to basically close your business and creates the filings.  When the Govt declares the “Go back to work day” you will see unemployment drop by millions every week.

By calls now for an unbelievable rest of 2020 year when oil goes to $40 a bare minimum.

I HOPE you are right but I would disagree with you on a few things..

-"nothing to wow".....No, things will dramatically get better but it's going to take a while for people to get over this and just resume normal activities, getting back into crowded spaces, etc.  Most will, but I believe a significant enough portion will not.  Heck, people are wearing masks where I am and I'm not even close to a densely populated area and our problems are minor.  This is a scarring event for some of the population.  If you are a conspiracy theorist and think this is all  just a big overreaction (it's a small one to be sure), just watch and listen to the healthcare staff and what they are experiencing and get a clue.

-gas prices will definitely increase but people aren't going to just go back to normal with regard to travel either.  I've already changed some of my own plans and I'm not an alarmist by any means.

-some businesses simply aren't going to  recover and those employees will be out of work.  I think you  are underestimating the effect of this.

-you  didn't mention the overhang of all the stimulus. We'll be paying for all this for years to come.

-Oil at $40 maybe...I hope you're wrong and it's higher than that but that's just me wishful thinking!

My two cents...