ronwagn

COVID 19 May Be Less Deadly Than Flu Study Finds

2 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Can't have you infecting the fishies on the Left.  However, I have heard that if you had explained that you only intended to fish on the Right side of the boat they would have let you go.  Makes about as much sense, doesn't it? 

You have to stand on one leg and be able to recite the Welsh national anthem and demonstrate excellent sheep handling skills 😲

On that subject sexual assult of sheep has probably been reduced here due to the lockdown so there's always a silver lining

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

(edited)

According to screening, 14% of Muscovites already have antibodies to coronavirus, i.e. some 1.7 million people in Moscow alone, while 370,000 cases were found across Russia by 10 million tests. 

https://www.interfax.ru/moscow/710758?fbclid=IwAR2Q6wlTQjcYyMUeQ5KmmT2DtNs1UFaYFpzNdygOZ35YLutqme1O6kPFnIA

https://www.interfax.ru/moscow/709964?fbclid=IwAR18L2n1bUXAJQN8xh8IlxXCS0g0CPtZ7XsOfu4_FLZbB0BUuU7Ldv0XABI 

I found on Twitter that the median age of COVID-19 fatalities in the U.S. is 81.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tomasz said:

According to screening, 14% of Muscovites already have antibodies to coronavirus, i.e. some 1.7 million people in Moscow alone, while 370,000 cases were found across Russia by 10 million tests. 

https://www.interfax.ru/moscow/710758?fbclid=IwAR2Q6wlTQjcYyMUeQ5KmmT2DtNs1UFaYFpzNdygOZ35YLutqme1O6kPFnIA

https://www.interfax.ru/moscow/709964?fbclid=IwAR18L2n1bUXAJQN8xh8IlxXCS0g0CPtZ7XsOfu4_FLZbB0BUuU7Ldv0XABI 

I found on Twitter that the median age of COVID-19 fatalities in the U.S. is 81.

Could that number possibly have anything to do with governors forcing those facilities to take in COVID patients, even though they didn't want to? If a member of MY family was in one of those facilities and contracted the virus and died, I would have to lawyer up and sue the pants off the person that did that.... Jus' sayin', that was obviously a very negligent thing to do when there were so many hospital beds open at the time..... Like an unused field hospital and an empty hospital ship sitting around just for the occasion. That is some serious negligence on their part, and it also shows that the governors have WAY too much power, really needs to be curtailed after this incident.

• Upvote 2

On 5/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, Jim Profit said:

Those are not IFRs. The IFR estimates are an order of magnitude smaller. These are the values for people with symptoms. You may notice that the values have fallen over time as testing has expanded beyond those with sufficient symptoms to seek medical assistance.

As pointed out before the actual values are far smaller. The number of deaths attributed to CV19 is substantially lower than reported. Combine it all and this chart is highly misleading.

Stop trying to prop up a collapsed argument. The facts are simply not there.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/27/2020 at 3:01 AM, Enthalpic said:

"conservativereview.com"  yeah no bias there. Pass

Enthalpic, all bias pass

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Total overreaction and screwed up the world’s economy! I believe there is something more sinister going on here!

• Like 4

On 5/28/2020 at 12:56 AM, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

It's a global phenomenon, you ridiculous person. It affects the whole world, but currently, the USA have the most dead, because they have the stupidest president in the world who dissolved the national pandemic team and sabotaged the pandemic response proposed and executed by the healthcare professionals. He alone has killed by his stupidity and incompetence more Americans than all terrorists of the world combine. 

Take a moment to savor the thought and its impact. 

Would you prefer the hard quarantines with the 80% drop in economic activity?

The economic lifetimes of those who could die of CV19 is dwarfed by orders of magnitude by those that would certainly be lost to lockdowns.

Only a genocidal psychopath would chose the lockdowns of the population over protection of the high risk group.

As they applied policies they actually infected by policy action to stick the infected in nursing homes, where 50%-63% of deaths occurred. The "heroes" of the lockdown movement are deranged MURDERERS.

Are you happy to be in that group who can't attach consequences to their actions?

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2020 at 8:13 PM, Strangelovesurfing said:

Are you, me and (i'm assuming) @Ward Smith the only bio-hackers here? I've been going round my head about doing a post about the 'Informational Theory of Aging' but I'm not sure if anyone here is into genetics.

IMO, some of the biggest news ever (yes, I typed ever) was announced last September in David Sinclair's book 'Lifespan' but I'm not sure if thats an interest in this forum. It will effect everything as far as I can tell.

Didn't get notified you'd mentioned me, so just now catching up. 

While I haven't gone all in and purchased a hobby CRISP-R system (yes that's a thing, scary as it sounds), I'm more than happy to try things that make sense. Although my cardiovascular system might be the envy of my age group, I've still got a number of cardiologists in my neighborhood I like to hang out with. One of them turned me on to intermittent fasting which I wasn't very interested in until another mutual friend said he did it and it was a piece of cake. 

Intermittent fasting leans on a ton of research, including some I'd read that indicates rats and mice live 40% longer lives if periodically starved. While that seems counter intuitive it makes sense coupled with other theories including the senescence of immune cells. Fat, dumb and happy leads to fat, dumb and dead. 

Instead of eating normally for 5 days and starving for two, another way of accomplishing the same effect is to eat normally for 8 hours and fast for 16 hours a day. Every day starts with a continuation of the fasting from the night before and depending on my last bite or alcoholic drink, my "break-fast" has to be 16 hours later. No cream and sugar but black coffee or tea is fine. Essentially no calories. 

I'm not gonna lie, the first two weeks were miserable. I'm all about my breakfast routine and that got shattered. But I've adjusted, I'm back to my college weight (40 years later) my cholesterol is around 120, blood pressure around 95/60 and so on. The other odd thing is I really like food again. Too often for far too long I was just eating to eat, wasn't really hungry, just figured out was meal time or I'd walked past the pantry and wanted a snack. Now after 16 or 18 hours (because I get busy and forget) I'll realize I'm really hungry and whatever I eat generally tastes great. Also since I've only got that 8 hour window, I don't want to waste it eating crap. So I've naturally gravitated to better quality eating. 

Later I can talk about the dry hot sauna routine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

While I haven't gone all in and purchased a hobby CRISP-R system (yes that's a thing, scary as it sounds), I'm more than happy to try things that make sense. Although my cardiovascular system might be the envy of my age group, I've still got a number of cardiologists in my neighborhood I like to hang out with. One of them turned me on to intermittent fasting which I wasn't very interested in until another mutual friend said he did it and it was a piece of cake. 

Intermittent fasting leans on a ton of research, including some I'd read that indicates rats and mice live 40% longer lives if periodically starved. While that seems counter intuitive it makes sense coupled with other theories including the senescence of immune cells. Fat, dumb and happy leads to fat, dumb and dead. 

Instead of eating normally for 5 days and starving for two, another way of accomplishing the same effect is to eat normally for 8 hours and fast for 16 hours a day. Every day starts with a continuation of the fasting from the night before and depending on my last bite or alcoholic drink, my "break-fast" has to be 16 hours later. No cream and sugar but black coffee or tea is fine. Essentially no calories. 

I'm not gonna lie, the first two weeks were miserable. I'm all about my breakfast routine and that got shattered. But I've adjusted, I'm back to my college weight (40 years later) my cholesterol is around 120, blood pressure around 95/60 and so on. The other odd thing is I really like food again. Too often for far too long I was just eating to eat, wasn't really hungry, just figured out was meal time or I'd walked past the pantry and wanted a snack. Now after 16 or 18 hours (because I get busy and forget) I'll realize I'm really hungry and whatever I eat generally tastes great. Also since I've only got that 8 hour window, I don't want to waste it eating crap. So I've naturally gravitated to better quality eating. 

Nice, looks like there's some interest here, I'll do some work on the post I've been mulling over and start a bio-hack thread. Even the trolls want better health.

• Like 2

My wife uncle who is renting out a room in my house, in Minneapolis , share toilet with my parents (70,tourists) for the last few months has been confirmed with Covid19 today (last week his factory asked every employee to test for Covid19). So far only he got sick with coughing for a week now but not severed but we may all have the Covid19 inside us. He will have to stay at home for 14 days. I don't want to bring parents to  test for covid19 because 1st : they are not going out and 2nd: if they tests negative, then we will always have to worry about getting it from my wife's uncle. If they tests positive with mild symptoms, then all we can do is to get back to home like we are now unless ICU is needed. So what is the point of testing. All we can do is social distance to wife's uncle as much as possible. I rather my parents to have a small viral load of it and open all windows than for them to contract higher viral load later.

IMHO, we will all have it eventually, the point is to not overflow ICU for other uses and buying time for vaccines/cures. So people under 50 should all mask up and go to work to save the economy, even with mild symptoms , old people or people with precondition should social distance as much as they can.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

My wife uncle who is renting out a room in my house, in Minneapolis , share toilet with my parents (70,tourists) for the last few months has been confirmed with Covid19 today (last week his factory asked every employee to test for Covid19). So far only he got sick with coughing for a week now but not severed but we may all have the Covid19 inside us. He will have to stay at home for 14 days. I don't want to bring parents to  test for covid19 because 1st : they are not going out and 2nd: if they tests negative, then we will always have to worry about getting it from my wife's uncle. If they tests positive with mild symptoms, then all we can do is to get back to home like we are now unless ICU is needed. So what is the point of testing. All we can do is social distance to wife's uncle as much as possible. I rather my parents to have a small viral load of it and open all windows than for them to contract higher viral load later.

IMHO, we will all have it eventually, the point is to not overflow ICU for other uses and buying time for vaccines/cures. So people under 50 should all mask up and go to work to save the economy, even with mild symptoms , old people or people with precondition should social distance as much as they can.

Very sorry to hear that, @SUZNV.  I sincerely hope it turns out ok for you and your family.  Be strong, they're going to need to lean on you a bit more than usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

I don't have break fast or lunch for Intermittent fasting when I was working in office but now work from home make it harder for me.

I am waiting for this on June2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VWHTY7H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dan Warnick said:

Very sorry to hear that, @SUZNV.  I sincerely hope it turns out ok for you and your family.  Be strong, they're going to need to lean on you a bit more than usual.

Thanks, will make it an excuse for a diet to boost immune system and better shape. The tough part to make parents feeling safe because I invited them to the US instead of staying safe in Vietnam (And I was glad my parents were in the US when Wuhan lockout and ten thousands of Chinese tourist were going to Vietnam for the beach and run away from Covid19).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

Wow, two things. First, I hope you're not in the twin cities and having to deal with that mess. Second, I hope your wife's uncle and parents do all right in this, not to mention yourself and your wife and other family. I wouldn't worry too much about straining the ICU, my good friend who is an ER physician and part owner of the corporation running the ER for multiple hospitals says business is down over 60%. In other words the emergency rooms are empty and so are the ICU's (which are really only a last resort, not the first place your uncle would go).

Finally, and we've talked already lot about it here, would you consider hydroxychloroquine for everyone? Even if the results are considered hearsay by @Jim Profitand his sock puppet @Jee given that there isn't really any treatment available why not? 

• Like 2

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Wow, two things. First, I hope you're not in the twin cities and having to deal with that mess. Second, I hope your wife's uncle and parents do all right in this, not to mention yourself and your wife and other family. I wouldn't worry too much about straining the ICU, my good friend who is an ER physician and part owner of the corporation running the ER for multiple hospitals says business is down over 60%. In other words the emergency rooms are empty and so are the ICU's (which are really only a last resort, not the first place your uncle would go).

Finally, and we've talked already lot about it here, would you consider hydroxychloroquine for everyone? Even if the results are considered hearsay by @Jim Profitand his sock puppet @Jee given that there isn't really any treatment available why not? 

Thanks,

I live in the exact Minneapolis city, 10 minutes drive to the center. 

I would love hydroxychloroquine but it need prescription (I wouldn't want to use the fish tank version). I have Zinc supplements. Personally next time when I visit Vietnam I will buy hydroxychloroquine and have them in house. Many South Vietnamese  doctors who have been through the war have this medicine in their closet and they have been using that for many diseases. 

Vietnam doctors claimed they could cure Covid19 since having some Covid19 tourists from China before the break out in Italy, and these tourists were completely tested negative after that. I guess they used it.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

Thanks, will make it an excuse for a diet to boost immune system and better shape. The tough part to make parents feeling safe because I invited them to the US instead of staying safe in Vietnam (And I was glad my parents were in the US when Wuhan lockout and ten thousands of Chinese tourist were going to Vietnam for the beach and run away from Covid19).

There's great care to be had at hospitals throughout the country, and they've all had time to share relevant data, as hospitals and doctors do in the U.S.  In your case, you have the world renowned Mayo Clinic right there in town and that should be a great comfort.  My mother had to travel to Mayo many times for treatments and those folks are the best there is.  They don't do politics, at least as far as I know and as far as I've seen.  Give them a call, I'm sure they have people standing by to assist in every way, shape and form.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

I don't have break fast or lunch for Intermittent fasting when I was working in office but now work from home make it harder for me.

I am waiting for this on June2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VWHTY7H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks very cool and a good price too. Mine is a dry sauna with long wave infrared heaters. Here's a pic

cornerinfraredsauna_000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Enthalpic, all bias pass

You are worse than biased, you just make up stuff.

You use numbers to make it look like you are evidence based, but the numbers you toss about are just guesses.

Any real evidence presented is "fake" in your arrogant mind.  "I'm smarter than everyone else!"

Edited by Enthalpic

12 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

Thanks,

I live in the exact Minneapolis city, 10 minutes drive to the center. 

I would love hydroxychloroquine but it need prescription (I wouldn't want to use the fish tank version). I have Zinc supplements. Personally next time when I visit Vietnam I will buy hydroxychloroquine and have them in house. Many South Vietnamese  doctors who have been through the war have this medicine in their closet and they have been using that for many diseases. 

Vietnam doctors claimed they could cure Covid19 since having some Covid19 tourists from China before the break out in Italy, and these tourists were completely tested negative after that. I guess they used it.

What Dan said. You're in a great location, you should take advantage of the medical care available. Don't worry about the cost, it should be covered under all the govt spending. Don't get black market hydroxychloroquine, any doctor can prescribe it. They'll probably be happy to, just don't get into a trial where they might be giving you sugar pills. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

You are worse than biased, you just make up stuff.

You use numbers to make it look like you are evidence based, but the numbers you toss about are just guesses.

Any real evidence presented is "fake" in your arrogant mind.  "I'm smarter than everyone else!"

You talking about yourself again?

• Downvote 1

Just now, Ward Smith said:

You talking about yourself again?

I am far more evidence based than people here. 

You guys do have strong imaginations though.

Just now, Ward Smith said:

What Dan said. You're in a great location, you should take advantage of the medical care available. Don't worry about the cost, it should be covered under all the govt spending. Don't get black market hydroxychloroquine, any doctor can prescribe it. They'll probably be happy to, just don't get into a trial where they might be giving you sugar pills. 

About costs of treatments at the Mayo Clinic, they consider costs a problem to be solved, not just a problem.  Their reach and resources are phenomenal and the know how to get assistance with everything from care to lodging and transportation.  They also have a network of translators and interpreters, which may be useful to your parents.

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

+22,000 confirmed infections, +1,223 deaths yesterday

It marches on,  103,800+ dead.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

But yeah fake numbers, yada yada...

Garbage in garbage out. Every time we point out the very real fact that deaths are being misattributed to Covid you plug your ears and whine like a beat down dog. So, given that spot checking, autopsies and simple audits are showing the deaths are being vastly overstated, you respond by pointing to the vastly overstated numbers again. Did you never learn in the laboratory that the mass measurement is invalid when your damn thumb is on the scale?!?!

• Haha 1