Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

No, it's not only messaging. Donald possesses authoritarian traits. He's restrained by the law but he has broken all of the norms at every opportunity, e.g. I don't have to show my taxes. 

Donald also attacks American bureaucracy and institutions that hold him in check as Deep State or Fake News. 

The American government relies to a great extent on the honor system. We presume elected representatives are good and honest dealers. We expect representatives to behave a certain way without writing laws to make them behave a certain way. 

Donald was impeached (forever) for Abuse of Power. The House of Representatives impeached him for using the powers of his office contrary to American standards and norms. The House declared Donald fell short of expectations under the process established by the US Constitution. 

The US senate chose to let Donald keep his office and now the American voting public will decide how they feel about that this November. As Bernie Sanders discovered, you can't win an election with a deeply dedicated base in the USA if you do not grow your alliances. Donald invests in base excitation at the expense of alliance growth. We know that is a losing electoral strategy so why does Donald do it? Because authoritarianism is his nature. So much so that he can't even make the smart play. 

 

I do agree that he is personality wise a wannabe strongman. But he is not alone in his office and is surrounded by an administration that holds him back and a bureaucracy that acts rapidly against any of his over-reaches as those step on their toes.

As for his electoral strategy, it worked for him once, and it may work for him again, as the people who are energized with rage are his base, straight out blaming the Dem governors and "the swamp" bureaucrats for both the shutdowns and the riots. Not Trump and not the virus. For the Swing voters, as I pointed out - the enormous stimulus still being pushed through the system may actually cause an economic breakthrough to broad growth across the country outside the city cores and their states. Since city cores would never vote for him anyway, it is a winning proposition for Trump. The mass evacuation of the wealthy and middle and upper class from the big cities is already ongoing. Their suburbs are getting unsolicited bids. The wealth transfer is enormous and goes straight into the property values of the independent and conservative leaning suburbanites and small towners that also contain his core supporters.

NYC may be gutted economically within 2 years and continue spiraling for the next 2 decades.  Similarly CA in general and SF and the Valley and LA in particular. Seattle as well as Boston Chicago and Philly. Not clear what happens to Detroit.

The general mood of the Trump supporter's message to the undecided and skeptical is to point to the Democratic states and and cities and ask "aren't you glad you weren't there"?  Why would you want to give the Dems the whole country?
 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

If he "overstimulates" for political gain that is just vote buying with deficit money.

Convenient for him he has won't have to answer many budget questions.  All questions would be answered with "COVID" so why bother asking.

Of course, dumping money into the economy helps but any idiot can do that. 

Almost like a company that cooks the books so they can keep the investors happy for another quarter or two...

That is always common cause at the approach of election day to have large stimulus if the economy is on its face. This rather China 2008 like stimulus is with the cooperation of congress Dems and Senate mainstream Reps. Trump was by no means on his own.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, El Gato said:

So what, They have Protocol to follow, doesn't matter who's in office, and like you said, he's not a king. So when the occasion merits he has to listen to them.It's their job.

You tell the SS to shove their "protocol" and stop living in fear.  They are supposed to be governing the people, not be kings of the people above them.  Hell, if it was up to me, I would defund 100% of all the added "protection" that has been added since 911.  Then I would roll it back even further.  It is why we have police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

I do agree that he is personality wise a wannabe strongman. But he is not alone in his office and is surrounded by an administration that holds him back and a bureaucracy that acts rapidly against any of his over-reaches as those step on their toes.

As for his electoral strategy, it worked for him once, and it may work for him again, as the people who are energized with rage are his base, straight out blaming the Dem governors and "the swamp" bureaucrats for both the shutdowns and the riots. Not Trump and not the virus. For the Swing voters, as I pointed out - the enormous stimulus still being pushed through the system may actually cause an economic breakthrough to broad growth across the country outside the city cores and their states. Since city cores would never vote for him anyway, it is a winning proposition for Trump. The mass evacuation of the wealthy and middle and upper class from the big cities is already ongoing. Their suburbs are getting unsolicited bids. The wealth transfer is enormous and goes straight into the property values of the independent and conservative leaning suburbanites and small towners that also contain his core supporters.

NYC may be gutted economically within 2 years and continue spiraling for the next 2 decades.  Similarly CA in general and SF and the Valley and LA in particular. Seattle as well as Boston Chicago and Philly. Not clear what happens to Detroit.

The general mood of the Trump supporter's message to the undecided and skeptical is to point to the Democratic states and and cities and ask "aren't you glad you weren't there"?  Why would you want to give the Dems the whole country?

I believe Donald's political instincts are suspect. He got lucky in 2016 then spent the last three years getting high on his own supply. Public opinion shifted on Black Lives Matter after cops did things like push a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. What did Donald's political instincts tell him to do? Come out in favor of pushing a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. 

Annotation 2020-06-09 091608.png

103785706_10217271623805273_4603674478766243929_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

I believe Donald's political instincts are suspect. He got lucky in 2016 then spent the last three years getting high on his own supply. Public opinion shifted on Black Lives Matter after cops did things like push a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. What did Donald's political instincts tell him to do? Come out in favor of pushing a 75 year old white man onto the pavement. 

Annotation 2020-06-09 091608.png

103785706_10217271623805273_4603674478766243929_o.jpg

75 year old Antifa Provocateur... That one is a whopper . Anyone that buys into Trumps Tweet needs to really seriously have their head examined

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

75 year old Antifa Provocateur... That one is a whopper . Anyone that buys into Trumps Tweet needs to really seriously have their head examined

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tacoma-ice-police-shooting-washington-willem-van-spronsen-antifa-detention-centre-a9004131.html

Antifa is spread all over the west coast...would you like more? Here is another old geezer...

india-trump-protest.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the man says, we are not a part of the conversation:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And of course the the justice warrior wheeler....he cost the city 4 million in one riot... 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"They don't get outraged about the Taliban but they do get outraged about conservative opinion." - Tom Cotton. 

CPC, conservative persecution complex. Today's conservatives are always crying about something. Then they go on Fox News and commiserate with the host about how unfair the world is to them. 

  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And from Chicago, a recording that is worth a thousand words.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waaay too much TDS in this thread for my liking.  SERWIN captured the salient points but not as eloquently as I'd like. My takeaways:

  1. The angle of the bible is irrelevant.  The content may not be too often read by Trump but he understands the intent
  2.  The unruly political protesters were warned 3 times that the AG wanted the perimeter extended, they did not comply with the lawful request and were shoved... tear gas would have been justified on those law breaking SJW cry-babies
  3.  Trump is not the type to run away from a fight, if he was in a bunker it was because protocol demanded it
  4.  The photo op was deliberate and intended to thumb the nose at (i) the protesters, and (ii) the NY incompetent Governor and Mayor.  The idea was to show them what a little bit of leadership can do
  • Great Response! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what does any of this conversation have to do with Oil Prices?

Switch over to one of the children’s social media sites, please!

  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Aggie’80 said:

And what does any of this conversation have to do with Oil Prices?

Switch over to one of the children’s social media sites, please!

Oil prices are in the dumpster. And who wins the 2020 election will have a huge factor in oil prices around the world for the next few years. In the meantime enjoy the debates

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You tell the SS to shove their "protocol" and stop living in fear.  They are supposed to be governing the people, not be kings of the people above them.  Hell, if it was up to me, I would defund 100% of all the added "protection" that has been added since 911.  Then I would roll it back even further.  It is why we have police. 

Government agencies like the Secret Service, the Military, the FBI, the NSA and such all have protocols they HAVE to follow, or they got fired or it all falls apart. Just as the military has a protocol for launching nuclear missiles, The Secret Service has to follow when the situation is warranted in their determination. If he is harmed, something failed in their protocol. Also The Presidents have had protection since Lincoln, which has been warranted, and the police have a different mission.

  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Government agencies like the Secret Service, the Military, the FBI, the NSA and such all have protocols they HAVE to follow, or they got fired

And 100% not true.  Bureaucrats the world over have nothing to do but make up protocol/rules, etc to justify their existence.  In this case, the president is king in his own domain, and SS is not.  Outside of the domain, ok, then SS has some say, but minimal. 

And yes, most of them need to be fired.  Look at the costs... they are every increasing as their bureaucratic paranoia is ever increasing pretending they are all important instead of the USA citizens.  Living in paranoia/fear is not the solution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, Aggie’80 said:

And what does any of this conversation have to do with Oil Prices?

Switch over to one of the children’s social media sites, please!

 

dvp12.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.