Jay McKinsey

Consumer Reports Confirms EV Owners Spend Half As Much On Maintenance

5 hours ago, NickW said:

Always made me wonder why we ( USA, Uk etc)  needed to be flying $100m aircraft to take them out. 

We need a major shift to drones and the pilots being behind a computer screen somewhere safe. That also saves space for more ammunition and computerization that a human can't match. I am sure China is working on that. The first guided missiles were operated by pigeons trained to peck at a map. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

We need a major shift to drones and the pilots being behind a computer screen somewhere safe. That also saves space for more ammunition and computerization that a human can't match. I am sure China is working on that. The first guided missiles were operated by pigeons trained to peck at a map. 

One could think both sides have been deeply involved in such matters.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+using+AI+from+google+missles&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS916US916&oq=chinese+using+AI+from+google+missles&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160.24659j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I like this one. https://theconversation.com/china-and-the-us-are-racing-to-develop-ai-weapons-97427

There are now AI rifles for snipers and I am sure they will be adapted for machine guns, howitzers, tanks, mortars and maybe even for the average rifleman. We are in a marathon with the Chinese. We need to win over the Chinese people and get them to shut down the CCP. Our "intelligence agencies" have been spending too much time trying to overthrow President Trump and spy on the American people. They need to focus on our adversaries. Their budget lines should be open for public examination. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Intelligence_Community

Budget[edit]

300px-US_intelligence_budget.png

Data visualization of U.S. intelligence black budget (2013)

The U.S. intelligence budget (excluding the Military Intelligence Program) in fiscal year 2013 was appropriated as $52.7 billion, and reduced by the amount sequestered to $49.0 billion.[11] In fiscal year 2012 it peaked at $53.9 billion, according to a disclosure required under a recent law implementing recommendations of the 9/11 Commission.[12] The 2012 figure was up from $53.1 billion in 2010,[13] $49.8 billion in 2009,[14] $47.5 billion in 2008,[15] $43.5 billion in 2007,[16] and $40.9 billion in 2006.[17]

About 70 percent of the intelligence budget went to contractors for the procurement of technology and services (including analysis), according to the May 2007 chart from the ODNI. Intelligence spending has increased by a third over ten years ago, in inflation-adjusted dollars, according to the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments.[citation needed]

In a statement on the release of new declassified figures, DNI Mike McConnell said[when?] there would be no additional disclosures of classified budget information beyond the overall spending figure because "such disclosures could harm national security". How the money is divided among the 16 intelligence agencies and what it is spent on is classified. It includes salaries for about 100,000 people, multibillion-dollar satellite programs, aircraft, weapons, electronic sensors, intelligence analysis, spies, computers, and software.

On August 29, 2013 The Washington Post published the summary of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence's multivolume FY 2013 Congressional Budget Justification, the U.S. Intelligence Community's top-secret "black budget".[18][19][20] The IC's FY 2013 budget details how the 16 spy agencies use the money and how it performs against the goals set by the president and Congress. Experts said that access to such details about U.S. spy programs is without precedent. Steven Aftergood of the Federation of American Scientists, which provides analyses of national security issues, stated that "It was a titanic struggle just to get the top-line budget number disclosed, and that has only been done consistently since 2007 ... but a real grasp of the structure and operations of the intelligence bureaucracy has been totally beyond public reach. This kind of material, even on a historical basis, has simply not been available."[21] Access to budget details will enable an informed public debate on intelligence spending for the first time, said the co-chair of the 9/11 Commission Lee H. Hamilton. He added that Americans should not be excluded from the budget process because the intelligence community has a profound impact on the life of ordinary Americans.[21]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Actually that is rather a profound question. A bit like this thread in a sense.

Imagine if you would any sovereign nation used a modern jet to its full potential. Why we engage in conflicts is beyond me, it's disturbing to any critical thought. If a nations need a war to resolve polictal differences both sides should understand war and not some game of tactical social distortion.

Playing war game's with toys is appalling speaking for myself.

Russia and China seem much more effective at that type of war than we do. The reason we are still the most powerful is because we throw so much money at everything. The problem is we don't actually have the money and need to learn how to get more efficacious without actually getting into a major war. We have spent far too much money for what we have gained since Vietnam. Johnson thought that helicopters would be the magic. Well, they were great, but as McArthur said " never fight a land war in Asia.

Actually that is rather a profound question. A bit like this thread in a sense.

Imagine if you would any sovereign nation used a modern jet to its full potential. Why we engage in conflicts is beyond me, it's disturbing to any critical thought. If a nations need a war to resolve polictal differences both sides should understand war and not some game of tactical social distortion.

Playing war game's with toys is appalling speaking for myself.

There are those who believe Wars exist for the purpose of clearing the books of banks. Over time, it is mathematically impossible to repay Banks (really Central Banks). That's because they're the ones producing the currency you're supposed to pay them back with interest. I've posted links about this before, more than I want to input into this mobile device. Trillions get to "disappear" in war. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

@Jay McKinsey you've been dodging me since I brought up body repairs on the Tesla. Was it because You've read this? Asking for a friend. 🤓

16 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You skipped the $36k for the repair. And the part where the nearest Tesla repair facility was three states away. But yeah, you (sort-of) replied, and didn't say, what was it? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA?

• Haha 1

Just now, Ward Smith said:

You skipped the $36k for the repair. And the part where the nearest Tesla repair facility was three states away. But yeah, you (sort-of) replied, and didn't say, what was it? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA?

You never stated what issues you were calling out.

It cost them their $500 deductible. They had it repaired locally.

(edited)

On 10/10/2020 at 4:09 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

You never stated what issues you were calling out.

It cost them their $500 deductible. They had it repaired locally.

Yes. I. Did. 

I specifically brought up police departments having to self insure. Now does it all come together? The odds a police car gets in a wreck? Virtually 100%, which is why they self insure. 

Edited by Ward Smith
Weird auto-correct

7 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Yes. I. Did. 

I specifically brought up police departments having to self insure. Now does it all come together? The odds affair police car gets in a wreck? Virtually 100%, which is why they self insure. 

According to the video the damage was closer to $10K range. How much cheaper would it be if it were a new body style Dodge Charger?

Some police departments self insure and many others don't.

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Yes. I. Did. 

I specifically brought up police departments having to self insure. Now does it all come together? The odds affair police car gets in a wreck? Virtually 100%, which is why they self insure. 

You are correct Police depts do self insure as a whole. Is it possible to find a one that does not?

Ohh im quite sure, as noted in this conversation some use EV's as squad cars..

4 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

According to the video the damage was closer to $10K range. How much cheaper would it be if it were a new body style Dodge Charger?

Some police departments self insure and many others don't.

Another Tesla Model 3 Repair Story: This Is What $36,000 Of Damage (So Far) Looks Like

I get it, the headline used too many big words? You're only capable of watching videos, that's why you expect me to waste 2 hours of my time watching videos you hope confirm your arguments?

(edited)

It comes down to one simple thing: If Tesla's are cost effective for the Police then they will keep buying more. If they aren't then they won't. We are just at the beginning of this journey and we will have to see what the results are.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It comes down to one simple thing: If Tesla's are cost effective for the Police then they will keep buying more. If they aren't then they won't. We are just at the beginning of this journey and we will have to see what the results are.

Your enthusiasm for EV transportation runs very strong. However at some point it is healthy to be objective in one's thought process.

Mass implementation of EV/Hybrid tech began in 2004, as of today 2.5 trillion tax payers dollars has invested, over 15 yrs of development and to what end?

The needle has barely moved, to that point if not for the state of California it would no longer exist. Even California will not be able to legislate/mandate EV laws...There is a overlooked law that the automotive industry is guided by...COLLUSION law. 

Just as the Obama administration illegally allowed California to set federal emissions standards and failed so will any mandates for EV consumption.

By the way..that little federal emissions snafu cost every American paying a additional 1800 dollars for there shiny new jalopy....Odd how that little tidbit has been hidden from the public.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

There are those who believe Wars exist for the purpose of clearing the books of banks. Over time, it is mathematically impossible to repay Banks (really Central Banks). That's because they're the ones producing the currency you're supposed to pay them back with interest. I've posted links about this before, more than I want to input into this mobile device. Trillions get to "disappear" in war. 

Take the 30 pieces of silver* Judas betrayed Jesus for and apply compound interest at 3.5% per annum. After 2 thousand years the repayment in silver weighs approx 6x that of Earth. 

* borrowed by the Roman provincial Govt 

• Like 2

Your enthusiasm for EV transportation runs very strong. However at some point it is healthy to be objective in one's thought process.

Mass implementation of EV/Hybrid tech began in 2004, as of today 2.5 trillion tax payers dollars has invested, over 15 yrs of development and to what end?

The needle has barely moved, to that point if not for the state of California it would no longer exist. Even California will not be able to legislate/mandate EV laws...There is a overlooked law that the automotive industry is guided by...COLLUSION law. 

Just as the Obama administration illegally allowed California to set federal emissions standards and failed so will any mandates for EV consumption.

By the way..that little federal emissions snafu cost every American paying a additional 1800 dollars for there shiny new jalopy....Odd how that little tidbit has been hidden from the public.

Again, can you provide any evidence for your claim of 2.5 trillion tax payer's dollars?

Failed? Every new car in the US is a California emissions car. Sounds like a wild success to me and we are all breathing cleaner air. Your welcome.

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Again, can you provide any evidence for your claim of 2.5 trillion tax payer's dollars?

Failed? Every new car in the US is a California emissions car. Sounds like a wild success to me and we are all breathing cleaner air. Your welcome.

Take a stroll down memory lane, that 2.5 was grossly underestimated.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Take a stroll down memory lane, that 2.5 was grossly underestimated.

And once again I will point out that the document you provided as evidence does not include the word trillion. It only has the word billion. Do you know the difference between trillion and billion?

"The JCT estimates that under current law tax expenditures, or forgone revenue, for the plug-in EV tax credit will be $7.5 billion between FY2018 and FY2022 (Figure 1). From FY2011 through FY2017, tax expenditures for the credit totaled $2.2 billion. Eliminating the per-manufacturer cap or otherwise expanding the credit would increase the tax expenditure estimate. Repealing the credit would reduce the tax expenditure." https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/IF11017.pdf