Recommended Posts

For all of 2020, the USA govt and media has very strong rhetoric against China, and has now implemented a wide array of sanctions. China has responded with strong rhetoric and a few sanctions. China has desired to regain total control of Taiwan: whereas the USA has desired to prevent this. How such a conflict will end, and when, is moot at this time. But it raises key questions.

If China sends troops to Taiwan, are Americans prepared for a war with China to "liberate" Taiwan? How would this play out for Americans? Any war with China will be on a massive scale, and nuclear: unprecedented in history. Are Americans prepared for their massive deaths from such a war? What about the nuclear fallout that will poison the air and ocean for unknown time?  What would Americans hope to gain: there is simply nothing of value in Taiwan for America. China can retaliate to ensure America is on the receiving end of nuclear missiles. etc.

So let's hear from Americans.  Are you prepared to fight the most costly, the most deadly, most destructive war in history over an island of no value to you?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

No, Western Countries would happily seize all oversea China personal assets and use that for compensation for loss in a sanction with China. This means all the red capitalists would see their assets value evaporated and food and energy would be a problem. I wonder if Xi can demand such a sacrifice from  the internal CCP themselves for Taiwan.  Why should anyone care about the enemy's assets or loans?

And with the tech innovation evolving speed nowadays, soon China would be far far behind and would they pay Russian oil with RMB? US would be happy, Japan, Korea would be happy, Germany would be happy. Can China have great innovation from sticks without resources?

Deng was able to make the border war with Vietnam in 1979 to consolidate power because China had nothing to lose back then after the great lead forward and the great culture revolution (and partly most of the Vietnamese battalions was in Cambodia)

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had Frankie on ignore but I can tell by the title he's back to doing the wumaodang's bidding. I've been following the news in Taiwan, they are the ones who released a lot of the most incriminating Biden dirt including full backgrounds on the parties the American media ignored (well let's be honest, the media could not have ignored more if they tried, which they did). 

Taiwan knows full well Biden will sell them down the river, it was arranged in advance. This means China gets TSMC, which means every single semiconductor you've heard of and a lot you haven't is going to be under their complete control. That is the prize. America can't build a Class 10 Fab overnight and we don't have the support infrastructure for post fab work anymore, thanks to years of neglect. We certainly have the best chip designers in the world, I used to work at one, but everyone went fabless in the 90's and TSMC was the beneficiary. 

  • Like 4
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2020 at 1:26 AM, frankfurter said:

So let's hear from Americans.  Are you prepared to fight the most costly, the most deadly, most destructive war in history over an island of no value to you?

Only if Taiwan would like to become a state (USA) within the next thirty days (which they might). 

 

48 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Taiwan knows full well Biden will sell them down the river, it was arranged in advance. This means China gets TSMC, which means every single semiconductor you've heard of and a lot you haven't is going to be under their complete control.

Ward's entirely right: the damn Taiwan Semiconductor is worth going to war for, by itself. 

 

On 11/8/2020 at 1:26 AM, frankfurter said:

Are you prepared to fight the most costly, the most deadly, most destructive war in history over an island of no value to you?

Bring it on. Viva Taiwan, USA!

  • Like 6
  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interdicting the supply lines of any invading Chinese army will be easy. Any Chinese troops who reach Taiwan will have ammunition for about 2 hours and then will have to defend against Taiwanese counter attacks by giving the enemy the finger, since they won't have any bullets.

See Hitler and Operation Sea Lion to see how hopeless an invasion would be.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we Committed to the protection of Taiwan then I fully expect United States government will follow through with protecting Taiwan! We have many weapon’s that China can only dream about! The question to ask is would the VERY RICH China communist party be willing to take a nuclear strike in Beijing to accomplish taking Taiwan! At the end of the day only America has used these weapons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RichieRich216 said:

If we Committed to the protection of Taiwan then I fully expect United States government will follow through with protecting Taiwan! We have many weapon’s that China can only dream about! The question to ask is would the VERY RICH China communist party be willing to take a nuclear strike in Beijing to accomplish taking Taiwan! At the end of the day only America has used these weapons. 

President Comrade Biden won't pull the trigger against his business partners in China. He plans on being twice as RICH as Trump by the time he cashes out, er "retires". 

  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2020 at 7:55 AM, SUZNV said:

No, Western Countries would happily seize all oversea China personal assets and use that for compensation for loss in a sanction with China. This means all the red capitalists would see their assets value evaporated and food and energy would be a problem. I wonder if Xi can demand such a sacrifice from  the internal CCP themselves for Taiwan.  Why should anyone care about the enemy's assets or loans?

And with the tech innovation evolving speed nowadays, soon China would be far far behind and would they pay Russian oil with RMB? US would be happy, Japan, Korea would be happy, Germany would be happy. Can China have great innovation from sticks without resources?

Deng was able to make the border war with Vietnam in 1979 to consolidate power because China had nothing to lose back then after the great lead forward and the great culture revolution (and partly most of the Vietnamese battalions was in Cambodia)

Bingo!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

President Comrade Biden won't pull the trigger against his business partners in China. He plans on being twice as RICH as Trump by the time he cashes out, er "retires". 

you might be correct.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 11/9/2020 at 6:24 AM, Ward Smith said:

Taiwan knows full well Biden will sell them down the river, it was arranged in advance. This means China gets TSMC, which means every single semiconductor you've heard of and a lot you haven't is going to be under their complete control. That is the prize. America can't build a Class 10 Fab overnight and we don't have the support infrastructure for post fab work anymore, thanks to years of neglect. We certainly have the best chip designers in the world, I used to work at one, but everyone went fabless in the 90's and TSMC was the beneficiary. 

If a war breaks out and it looks like Taiwan is going to be overrun TSMC's fabs will be turned to rubble. I have a hard time seeing the PLA/PLAN being successful. The CCP isn't the only ones with a AA/AD defensive setup. Taiwan is well stocked with home grown precision weaponry. New generations of anti-ship missiles make any movement over the water at those ranges nearly impossible. Any ships trying to cross the straight will have a hell of a time surviving that trip, not to mention the welcome they'll receive when reaching Taiwan.

Let's hope none of this ever happens.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2020/02/11/as-china-continues-rapid-naval-expansion-the-us-navy-begins-stockpiling-ship-killing-missiles/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32453/air-force-boss-alludes-to-work-on-new-top-secret-air-launched-anti-ship-weapons

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-f-35-pilots-love-naval-strike-missile-113991

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hsiung_Feng_III

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides TSMC asking if Taiwan is of value to us is the same as asking if the Sudetenland had any value to us. Allowing the CCP to gobble up Taiwan would only embolden the CCP to attempt more invasions. She already claims all of the South China Sea. See 9 dash line. Really outrageous claims to territory right off the shore of all these countries.

CCP tactic is to invent some fake map and say 1 merchant traveled there 500 years ago therefore it's Chinese land and we are entitled to it.

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, shadowkin said:

Besides TSMC asking if Taiwan is of value to us is the same as asking if the Sudetenland had any value to us. Allowing the CCP to gobble up Taiwan would only embolden the CCP to attempt more invasions. She already claims all of the South China Sea. See 9 dash line. Really outrageous claims to territory right off the shore of all these countries.

CCP tactic is to invent some fake map and say 1 merchant traveled there 500 years ago therefore it's Chinese land and we are entitled to it.

So, given your response, are you in favour of starting a nuclear war over a small island of zero value to the US and which is not US territory?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

If a war breaks out and it looks like Taiwan is going to be overrun TSMC's fabs will be turned to rubble. I have a hard time seeing the PLA/PLAN being successful. The CCP isn't the only ones with a AA/AD defensive setup. Taiwan is well stocked with home grown precision weaponry. New generations of anti-ship missiles make any movement over the water at those ranges nearly impossible. Any ships trying to cross the straight will have a hell of a time surviving that trip, not to mention the welcome they'll receive when reaching Taiwan.

Let's hope none of this ever happens.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2020/02/11/as-china-continues-rapid-naval-expansion-the-us-navy-begins-stockpiling-ship-killing-missiles/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32453/air-force-boss-alludes-to-work-on-new-top-secret-air-launched-anti-ship-weapons

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-f-35-pilots-love-naval-strike-missile-113991

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hsiung_Feng_III

true, all parties have serious weaponry.  that is entirely the point.

but would you go to war over Taiwan?  an island of zero value to US and is not part of US territory?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2020 at 2:26 AM, frankfurter said:

For all of 2020, the USA govt and media has very strong rhetoric against China, and has now implemented a wide array of sanctions. China has responded with strong rhetoric and a few sanctions. China has desired to regain total control of Taiwan: whereas the USA has desired to prevent this. How such a conflict will end, and when, is moot at this time. But it raises key questions.

If China sends troops to Taiwan, are Americans prepared for a war with China to "liberate" Taiwan? How would this play out for Americans? Any war with China will be on a massive scale, and nuclear: unprecedented in history. Are Americans prepared for their massive deaths from such a war? What about the nuclear fallout that will poison the air and ocean for unknown time?  What would Americans hope to gain: there is simply nothing of value in Taiwan for America. China can retaliate to ensure America is on the receiving end of nuclear missiles. etc.

So let's hear from Americans.  Are you prepared to fight the most costly, the most deadly, most destructive war in history over an island of no value to you?

 

 

Of course the US would retaliate over Taiwan, Hong Cong, South China Sea etc.

The reason there are not dozens of countries with nuclear weapons is the promise of retaliation by the US if your a basically fair trading partner with the Western world.

The US would have to demonstrate military superiority if China attacked basically anybody except Iran, N Korea, Syria, Russia. You know, traditional bad actors. But who knows the US might not like that either.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where the US has been very weak has been putting trade for corporations above our values.  Trump has moved in the right direction but needs to do much more. Like the path to total non trade if China doesn’t reform in many areas. 

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boat said:

Of course the US would retaliate over Taiwan, Hong Cong, South China Sea etc.

The reason there are not dozens of countries with nuclear weapons is the promise of retaliation by the US if your a basically fair trading partner with the Western world.

The US would have to demonstrate military superiority if China attacked basically anybody except Iran, N Korea, Syria, Russia. You know, traditional bad actors. But who knows the US might not like that either.

So, you would support a nuclear war?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, Ward Smith said:

He plans on being twice as RICH as Trump by the time he cashes out, er "retires". 

"Twice as rich as trump" is low hanging fruit. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

33 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

So, you would support a nuclear war?

I support China saying they will treat Hong Cong and Taiwan like our lower 48 treats Alaska and Hawaii. I want China to lay out a path where the trade imbalance is even. I want to see a path that will be equal and fair for both nations corporations when it comes to intellectual property. See where this is going? This same template should work for all countries. Time for civilization to catch up with the civilized. You rednecks need to drop the fear card. If these items can’t be worked out, end trade period. We need to work and trade with those we can.

Edited by Boat
  • Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Boat said:

I support China saying they will treat Hong Cong and Taiwan like our lower 48 treats Alaska and Hawaii. I want China to lay out a path where the trade imbalance is even. I want to see a path that will be equal and fair for both nations corporations when it comes to intellectual property. See where this is going? This same template should work for all countries. Time for civilization to catch up with the civilized. You rednecks need to drop the fear card. If these items can’t be worked out, end trade period. We need to work and trade with those we can.

you have nicely sidetracked the question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, frankfurter said:

So, you would support a nuclear war?

Frannyfuter you really need to put a cap on it. If your mind can get around the end of a civilization that is. 

You do not have any intellectual capacity in the slightest sense of the term. 

You once spoke to US anger,those written words provoke anger. The end of a civilization over trading Juju beans. 

Leading a conversation with your chin and provoking anger is a teenage trait.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, let's see...  The USA dropped 2 nuclear bombs onto Japan. The Soviets cooperated with Cuba to place nuclear-capable missiles into Cuba. Kennedy responded with a threat of nuclear war. Today, the USA wants to place nuclear-capable missiles into Taiwan, knowing full well this is a serious provocation to China. China claims Taiwan to be part of China.  The question is how far are Americans willing to go in arming and defending Taiwan: to the point of nuclear war with China?

You may consider the question to be the emanation of low intelligence. But I think not, and I know billions more like me think not, too. A few people in this 'community' have openly stated their desire for a nuclear war with China. I am asking a simple question to see what is the general mood and justifications. I would much rather learn this via a keyboard than via weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why hasn't ww3 started already?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Russian_Sukhoi_Su-24_shootdown

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/azerbaijan-shoots-down-russian-military-helicopter-over-armenia/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/russia-plane-shot-down-syria-accident-france-israel-war-us-kremlin-a8542401.html

No billionaire (Xi, Putin, Trump/Biden) will start ww3 because of some dead soldiers.

China has too many mouths to feed.  China has too many men.
China should invade Taiwan to improve its demographic situation.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, frankfurter said:

well, let's see...  The USA dropped 2 nuclear bombs onto Japan. The Soviets cooperated with Cuba to place nuclear-capable missiles into Cuba. Kennedy responded with a threat of nuclear war. Today, the USA wants to place nuclear-capable missiles into Taiwan, knowing full well this is a serious provocation to China. China claims Taiwan to be part of China.  The question is how far are Americans willing to go in arming and defending Taiwan: to the point of nuclear war with China?

You may consider the question to be the emanation of low intelligence. But I think not, and I know billions more like me think not, too. A few people in this 'community' have openly stated their desire for a nuclear war with China. I am asking a simple question to see what is the general mood and justifications. I would much rather learn this via a keyboard than via weapons.

Xi is a billionaire.  Billionaires don't care if soldiers die.
But billionaires don't want their family and their property to be destroyed.
They don't want to live in an underground bunker until they run out of food/water.
If one million Chinese soldiers die in war, Xi will still not initiate a nuclear strike.
Soldier lives don't matter.  Billionaire lives matter.

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 11/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, Ward Smith said:

President Comrade Biden won't pull the trigger against his business partners in China. He plans on being twice as RICH as Trump by the time he cashes out, er "retires". 

C'mon man!  Don't you believe that Trump won the election?  Once he gets the Fraudulent votes thrown out,  won't he be declared president again?

 

Edited by Hotone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

9 hours ago, Boat said:

I support China saying they will treat Hong Cong and Taiwan like our lower 48 treats Alaska and Hawaii. I want China to lay out a path where the trade imbalance is even. I want to see a path that will be equal and fair for both nations corporations when it comes to intellectual property. See where this is going? This same template should work for all countries. Time for civilization to catch up with the civilized. You rednecks need to drop the fear card. If these items can’t be worked out, end trade period. We need to work and trade with those we can.

The trade deficit that the US has with China is based on misleading statistics.  Some American companies like GM and Yum brands generate more sales in China than in the US, but these sales are not counted in the trade balance, since their products are made and sold in China. E.g. Apple generated $48 billion in revenue from China in 2016, mostly from the sale of iPhones. But these iPhones cannot be found in US-China bilateral trade figures. 

Instead of making products in America for export, U.S. firms compete in the world marketplace through foreign-affiliate sales, i.e. making products overseas for sales globally - and they are extremely successful with this approach.  Because of this, there is no way for China, or many other countries, to balance the merchandise trade deficit with America - unless US firms move their production home.  

If you count the US affiliate sales in China, then trade is actually balanced between the two countries.  Here it is explained on CNBC

 

Edited by Hotone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.