Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Censorship in USA

Recommended Posts

https://ajcongress.org/antisemitism/stop-holocaust-denial-on-twitter/

The AJC demands the 1st Amendment be nullified by Gov't decree. The implications of such a decree are truly profound. This time the AJC is forceful, so will it succeed?

Also, I would have thought only one Congress was legal in the USA. Apparently not: so it's always live and learn.

Also, I would like to ask Americans why they are not taught the histories of other holocausts. Examples: Turk massacres of Armenians; PolPot's Killing Fields; Japan massacres of Chinese; American Settlers genocide of Native Americans; and more.  Why do Americans believe the Jewish Holocaust is the only one in history?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 11/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, frankfurter said:

Why do Americans believe the Jewish Holocaust is the only one in history?

Careful with your assumptions!  There are some right wing extremists here that almost certainly deny the holocaust.

Proud boys or Ashamed Children?

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 11/18/2020 at 8:35 PM, frankfurter said:

Also, I would like to ask Americans why they are not taught the histories of other holocausts. Examples: Turk massacres of Armenians; PolPot's Killing Fields; Japan massacres of Chinese; American Settlers genocide of Native Americans; and more.  Why do Americans believe the Jewish Holocaust is the only one in history?

I learned about every one of these in my US public school education.

1.5m Armenians

1.5-2M Cambodians 

50-300k Chinese (higher range disputed heavily)

Native Americans, depends how you define it... but while lots died, te only intentional genocides (multiple smaller events) total 12-30k depending what you're looking at. Under a very loose definition you can get to 100k or so. But thats extremely loose. Regardless, let's go with it. 100k.

 

So that's 3.5M total among all of those. Don't get me wrong, these are all tragedies. Completely reprehensible and absolutely worthy of study and acknowledgement.

 

German-Jewish Holocaust - 6 M jews, est 11M including dissenters. So between 2 and 4x all of the others mentioned - COMBINED.

 

This is why we study one as a more significant than the others. Because the facts say it was.

(Btw I'm chosing to ignore the fact that your post was complete ignorance. Not a thing stated is true. Overgeneralizations and lack of understanding, combined with bias and agenda tend to blind the willfully ignorant. 'Just sayin')

Edited by Otis11
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Otis11 said:

I learned about every one of these in my US public school education.

1.5m Armenians

1.5-2M Cambodians 

50-300k Chinese (higher range disputed heavily)

Native Americans, depends how you define it... but while lots died, te only intentional genocides (multiple smaller events) total 12-30k depending what you're looking at. Under a very loose definition you can get to 100k or so. But thats extremely loose. Regardless, let's go with it. 100k.

 

So that's 3.5M total among all of those. Don't get me wrong, these are all tragedies. Completely reprehensible and absolutely worthy of study and acknowledgement.

 

German-Jewish Holocaust - 6 M jews, est 11M including dissenters. So between 2 and 4x all of the others mentioned - COMBINED.

 

This is why we study one as a more significant than the others. Because the facts say it was.

(Btw I'm chosing to ignore the fact that your post was complete ignorance. Not a thing stated is true. Overgeneralizations and lack of understanding, combined with bias and agenda tend to blind the willfully ignorant. 'Just sayin')

your numbers re China are way off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, frankfurter said:

your numbers re China are way off.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_Massacre

 

Please enlighten me.

(Again, note the higher end of the range is heavily disputed, but thats the claim by the CCP... so that's what I used. You're saying the CCP underrepresented the figure when most international groups say they overestimate?)

Screenshot_20201123-113214_Opera.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, frankfurter said:

your numbers re China are way off.

The CCP told you it was higher or lower Frank??

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bob D said:

The CCP told you it was higher or lower Frank??

Interestingly, in his list he also failed to mention the cultural revolution... now that one would have been apt as it was approximately the same scale (estimates range from 1-20M with the most agreement on right around 11M if memory serves).

 

That or the great leap forward where the failure that is communism resulted in between 18 and 45M deaths. (We'll never know the true number, because China.)

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Otis11 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_Massacre

 

Please enlighten me.

(Again, note the higher end of the range is heavily disputed, but thats the claim by the CCP... so that's what I used. You're saying the CCP underrepresented the figure when most international groups say they overestimate?)

Screenshot_20201123-113214_Opera.jpg

Well, you have now proven your ignorance; Nanjing is but one of many mass murder sites. But then, what else to expect from an American?

I deduce you have never heard nor read of the following;

R. J. Rummel, professor of political science at the University of Hawaii. According to Rummel, in China alone, during 1937–45, approximately 3.9 million Chinese were killed, mostly civilians, as a direct result of the Japanese operations and 10.2 million in the course of the war.

Japanese historian, Mitsuyoshi Himeta, reports a “Three Alls Policy” (Sankō Sakusen) was implemented in China from 1942 to 1945 and was in itself responsible for the deaths of “more than 2.7 million” Chinese civilians. This scorched earth strategy, sanctioned by Hirohito himself, directed Japanese forces to “Kill All, Burn All, and Loot All.”

Special Japanese military units conducted experiments on civilians and POWs in China. One of the most infamous wasUnit 731 underShirō Ishii. Unit 731 was established by order of Hirohito himself. Victims were subjected to experiments including but not limited to vivisection, amputations without anesthesia, testing of biological weapons and injection of animal blood into their corpses.

Per historians Yoshiaki Yoshimi and Kentaro Awaya, in early 1938 the Imperial Japanese Army began full-scale use of phosgene, chlorine, Lewisite and nausea gas (red), and from mid-1939, mustard gas (yellow) was used against both Kuomintang Chinese and Communist Chinese troops.  According to Yoshimi and Seiya Matsuno, Emperor Hirohito signed orders specifying the use of chemical weapons in China. For example, during the Battle of Wuhan from August to October 1938, the Emperor authorized the use of toxic gas on 375 separate occasions, despite the 1899 Hague Declaration and Convention.  Another example is the Battle of Yichang in October 1941, during which the 19th Artillery Regiment helped the 13th Brigade of the IJA 11th Army by launching 1,000 yellow gas shells and 1,500 red gas shells at the Chinese forces. The area was crowded with Chinese civilians unable to evacuate. Some 3,000 Chinese soldiers were in the area and 1,600 were affected. The Japanese report stated that "the effect of gas seems considerable".

The above is but a micro tip of the holocaust the Japanese inflicted upon the Chinese. The numbers are presented by foreigners, not the Chinese. Per the Chinese, the deaths from all the massacres against civilians, not during fighting, amount to over 9 million.

You may argue all you wish.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wars are awful. The total deaths in Europe alone was 15 million to 20 million in WW2, I can imagine how many out of these  was caused by war crimes/vengeances on all sides. Japan themselves got 2 nukes as consequences in their cities as well. 

However, there are regimes that killed or  let their own races die in large scale in peaceful time which may even surpassed the deaths during the wars on their countries, human disasters rather than natural disasters and worse censorship than in the US (before and after the 2020 election) so why the cherry picking right now?

BTW China does benefit from these western censorship, so why do you complain? Human rights or save the environment are only useful as a political weapon in western politics. They will ignore if any of them doesn't fit their agenda. Who would surprise?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of the truth of your words, you do have the right to voice them to the public. All have the option of ignoring you or replying with fact to counter lies. The establishment of any limitation is the camel's nose in the tent. If one thing is forbidden because of one group's demands, it will be no time at all that all is forbidden as the camel makes its way into the tent and its herd then follows in.

No "truth ministry" no "fact checkers" can be invited into the public discourse because facts accumulate over time, change our view and prove us right or wrong in different ways. Scientific fact, historical fact, and most of all political statements must all be perpetually subject to the pressures of the test of repeated challenges.

It is not possible to run a civilization without discussion of EVERYTHING,  CONSTANTLY. Failure of it leads to its destruction and fall. It is precisely why that is the target of the left and the global cabal aiming to remove the West from economic and military hegemony. Their genocidal "great reset" is the civilizational collapse of the West, and its subjugation to a world government controlled by these psychopaths. Gates, Schwab, Soros and the old guard of old money and new techno oligarchs must be taken at their word. Their word is TREASON to their respective countries, and they and their partners in politics should be prosecuted for their activities in promoting their plan.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2020 at 11:11 AM, Otis11 said:

Interestingly, in his list he also failed to mention the cultural revolution... now that one would have been apt as it was approximately the same scale (estimates range from 1-20M with the most agreement on right around 11M if memory serves).

 

That or the great leap forward where the failure that is communism resulted in between 18 and 45M deaths. (We'll never know the true number, because China.)

Your comment proves your ignorance.  True, both the Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution resulted in great tragedies. But they were never intended to be a genocide nor a murderous campaign of any sort; and that is the key difference to the deliberate genocides perpetrated by the Nazis, Bolsheviks, Turks, Kmer Rouge.

The Leap Forward and Culture Revolution are very complicated and thus will require volumes to explain. I doubt seriously you would be willing to read even a few paragraphs.

On a side note, you do know the Bolsheviks were not ethnic Russians, don't you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0