Prince MBS Mystery

Iran vs. KSA jostling.  Report was initiated by Press TV in Iran, with an axe to grind.

IRANIAN STATE MEDIA PUBLISHES CLAIM MBS WAS SHOT, SAUDIS DENY

MFA News
 

IRANIAN STATE MEDIA PUBLISHES CLAIM MBS WAS SHOT, SAUDIS DENY

 
3ot2m8_france-saudi-arabia-76747-mohammed-bin-salman-in-22-2018-file-photo-saudi-e1527546489667.jpg

Iranian state-run media suggested this weekend, citing an anti-Riyadh activist, that Saudi’s Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (MBS) was shot when heavy gunfire reportedly broke outside his family’s royal palace last month.

On the evening of April 21, a small drone reportedlytriggered gunfire in the vicinity of the royal palace when it entered an off-limits zone. According to Russian state outlet RT, “Palace guards targeted a rogue drone which came too close to the king’s residence, some feared a terrorist attack or even an unfolding ‘coup.’”

Iran’s state-run Press TV added to these reports that “Mohammed al-Mas’ari, the secretary-general of the Islamic Revival Party, citing reliable sources, said in a recent interview with Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen TV that bin Salman was hit by bullets during the late April attack.” Al-Mas’ari, PressTV claimed, said the crown prince soon plans to appear before international media to deny reports of a coup.

Al-Massari is a Saudi Arabian dissident and Saudi opposition figure who is exiled from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He is a member of the Party for Islamic Renewal (PIR), which states that it “rejects intellectual terror, supports the freedom of thought and believes in dialogue based on argument and evidence.” The “Islamic Revival Party” is an unrelated Tajik group; there is no evidence Al-Massari is a member.

No media outlets unrelated to Iran have reported that MBS was shot. The Iranian regime has reported dubious and false claims in the past related to Saudi Arabia, most notably a PressTV report claiming that Saudi King Salman financed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s 2015 reelection campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe it was the Qataris: a little media fun as payback for the same shenanigans in the run-up to the blockade of Qatar by the Saudis. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yet the mystery deepens :) he supposedly met with Fifa president on the 25th, yet they used a picture from a 'previous meeting' in the media: 

 

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 10.59.26 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody somewhere is having a lot of fun. So am I, actually. The mystery should be revealed when the World Cup start, though, right? He should be there for the opening game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites