JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Boat said:

Buy on the lows.

The bitcoin fad is being taken over by the next shiny thing- NFTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Years ago (couple decades) I wanted to sell 15 sec clips for screen savers. Like Jeff Gordon spinning our Dale Earnhardt Sr. Could have made millions. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my nft. Took about 30 hrs and my fingers bled multiple times. That’s glass glued to glass.

75B9B9A2-4195-44DF-B15B-E54598118582.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2022 at 9:21 PM, Ecocharger said:

It's getting cold. What happened to global warming?

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Keystone-Pipeline-Shuts-Down-Amid-Frigid-Weather.html

"TC Energy shut down the Keystone pipeline for several hours for unplanned maintenance as temperatures in the area of the Hardisty terminal were expected to drop to minus 35 Celsius.

Reuters reported that the emergency maintenance began on the evening of Tuesday and lasted until last evening. The Keystone pipeline carries close to 600,000 barrels of Canadian crude daily.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg has reported that frigid weather was disrupting the flow of oil in western Canada and northern U.S. states. Temperatures from Alberta to North Dakota are in deep sub-zero territory, and besides the Keystone pipeline, oil wells are also beginning to get affected.

This is coming at a bad time for U.S. crude oil supply, Bloomberg notes, with inventories recording drawdowns every week for more than two months now, inching closer to the three-year low reported in September."

Why do they not mention the 5 million barrels a day imported and exported that is not US oil. Eh? Why don’t you? So one pipeline is shutdown for a few hrs  and what happens? You ship 4.9 million barrels instead of 5 for one day. This is Echo big news day. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Michael Sanches said:

As a person who lives in a cold climate., I think global warming is great. People who say we should contribute to fight global warming are the most arrogant people on the planet. They think they own the planet and deserve to decide its fate. They are evil, self worshipping, tinpot gods who deserve to be spat on.

Success doesn't come to the smartest or the strongest, but to him who can adapt best.

I loved the part the acid rain was so bad it would ruin visibility on the front windshield of your car. And because the warmer weather was causing the Beatles to move north and kill Forrests. Let’s not forget the fun of seeing our rivers catch fire. The audacity of someone wanting to clean up some idiots messes. Now Covid with Trump reaction runs a 600,000 loss on old people who’s lungs were prepped by dirty air. Wiki will carry those legacy stories and the backdrop of the idiocy ideologies of the time. 
What kind of country are we living in that fish you caught when camping has plastic in it. Or you went hunting and caught a cold with a name and died. Our legacy will be the generations down the road saying. Damm…they were really stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Because the need for replacement batteries won't be as common as you think and the cost to repair or replace will be less than $10k, plus you get all the other reduced maintenance costs of an EV. Not to mention that ICE cars don't last forever. Twenty years after the new market is 90% EV, 90% of ICE cars will be over 20 years old. They will be more expensive to maintain than a replacement battery. I just spent $2400 to fix the smog system on my car, won't need to to do that with an EV. 

Try joining reality.

 

Won't be as common as you think"....no, it will be very common, and it puts an effective time-block on EV longevity. ICE internal combustion vehicles will always be more cost-effective and affordable as second-hand vehicles for those folks who voted for Biden & Co.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It happens to be how the market works, its called economics. The more of a problem it is the more investment in finding a solution. If the problems aren't solved the product won't be adopted. And all of the problems discussed in that article are well on their way to being solved. 

Those problems are well on their way to becoming bigger problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Makes renewable substitutes ever more competitive. I guess you never studied economics.

I know that you never studied economics, no guess-work is needed for that conclusion. Mention econometrics and you run for the hills. That's a dead giveaway, Jay.

Substitutes are going to run into rapidly rising costs of inputs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That is no doubt why the leading EV markets in the world by percentage are the tropical paradises of Norway, Sweden and Iceland.

That is what is known as a logical non sequitur, but I guess that you never studied logic.  Check out the cold weather tests I linked earlier. EV batteries lose range in cold weather.

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

That is what is known as a logical non sequitur, but I guess that you never studied logic.  Check out the cold weather tests I linked earlier. EV batteries lose range in cold weather.

But if it mattered then EV sales wouldn't have taken over the Norway, Sweden and Icelandic markets. Economic logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Boat said:

The value of Bitcoin is no doubt soaring; however, entrepreneurs are now in search of alternative energy sources to electricity in mining cryptocurrencies through hundreds of computers. And setting up stations, fueled by natural gas, next to oil wells may be the answer

Mining bitcoin with gas that would be flared seems like a good idea. I hope they don’t blow themselves up in the process. 

502211A5-F313-4D80-AA23-87561490FB6C.jpeg

I know what company that photo is taken from, and they are mining Etherium with that rig - not bitcoin.  That said, I have no idea how the economics on that work out - I am assuming that they 'sell them as they make them' in order to get actual US dollars out the other end of the transaction without excess delay but that's not a piece of data I am privy to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Boat said:

Here is my nft. Took about 30 hrs and my fingers bled multiple times. That’s glass glued to glass.

75B9B9A2-4195-44DF-B15B-E54598118582.jpeg

Very interesting. Depth, interesting colors, texture. Sunflower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 6:23 PM, Boat said:

I do the same with Amazon. I also have my groceries delivered. Some think AI cars will replace private ownership due to reduced cost. Like you mentioned, an Uber without a driver. 
 

Britain is not citizen first like the US is not. You love to put names like socialism on systems that require business to pay for infrastructure that is vital for its survival. Healthcare is another. Politicians and jobs in an office need it but the worker on the floor is a communist lefty for expecting healthcare for himself and his family in exchange for the best workers in the world that built the country. 

Musk may be the best engineer in the history of the world but he can’t do shyt without workers and the nations infrastructure built before his time. That’s what the black prez Obama said and of course he was right. Guess what, he didn’t attack the Capital either. 

A stupid comment about Obama. He has done more to divide all the various groups of America than any other President. Biden is continuing, and also making up fantastic propaganda lies about his opposition. 

Obamacare was forced into effect and then forced into virtual nonexistence. American health care is the best in the world IMHO. Everyone is responsible for their own health practices and there is plenty of room for improvement. If people do not take advantage of the health care available it is their own fault. 

The people can vote for more medical care if they choose. Everyone here gets medical care one way or another. Being over 65 I just got a new aortic heart valve for "free". I pay about $500 per month for extras on medicare because we have a nice family income. Many others get care for free due to low income but are covered by medicaid. We have health clinics all over the country, people are billed according to their ability to pay. 

Americans have not decided to turn health care choice over to the government and I think it will become apparent, due to the dictatorial policies of the Biden administration, that they have made a wise choice in avoiding control by the federal government that is run by the misinformed and liars in many cases. 

Ron Wagner RN, MA retired.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany Plug-in EV sales reach 36%! 

December-2021-Germany-Passenger-Auto-Registrations.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

. American health care is the best in the world IMHO.

Everyone is responsible for their own health practices and there is plenty of room for improvement. If people do not take advantage of the health care available it is their own fault.

Unfortunately I disagree.  75% of all expenses in life are in your later years(death care) and it is 100% socialized which means everyone's death care is at the whim of the governments willingness to pay and not at the RESPONSIBILITY of the individual which makes EVERY hospital a defacto ward of the state where they cannot operate as a free enterprise.    So, whatever the government tells these hospitals to do and how high to jump, they do so and because of this, prices have spiraled up into the statosphere where absolutely no one even asks the price of anything and the hospital does not bother and just stuffs everyone into individual rooms as they get to charge more with the corresponding result that the # of beds has drastically reduced making a shittier health care system compared to one that used to work on free enterprise.  Next biggest expense in life?  Birth and 60% of those fall under medicaid currently...   Until there is FAR more participation by the individual in the payment of the bills to the hospitals, the USA is in effect a socialized care and NOT RESPONSIBLE by the individual.  USA further has the layer of "insurance" where everyone likewise has NO CLUE what they are paying for and no one even asks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Very interesting. Depth, interesting colors, texture. Sunflower?

The glass was from Hobby Lobby. The sunflower came from a picture of a sunflower I grew in GA.

C87AE4DF-3250-4123-B400-8C708F42838C.thumb.jpeg.670a099e26293891c9b2cabfea6341fe.jpeg

This was the year before the Astros won the World Series. Lots of mistakes but still pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

But if it mattered then EV sales wouldn't have taken over the Norway, Sweden and Icelandic markets. Economic logic.

Not necessarily, government policy dictates other choices, which is why I accused you of using a logical non sequitur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Germany Plug-in EV sales reach 36%! 

December-2021-Germany-Passenger-Auto-Registrations.png

Again, Jay, you are only looking at sales changes, which still show ICE vehicles outselling EVs, and still showing that EVs must still be a very tiny percentage of a percentage of 1% of vehicles in use. 

Sorry, that does not make the grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Again, Jay, you are only looking at sales changes, which still show ICE vehicles outselling EVs, and still showing that EVs must still be a very tiny percentage of a percentage of 1% of vehicles in use. 

Sorry, that does not make the grade.

PEV sales just keep skyrocketing and ICE sales collapsing. Looks like PEV will pass pure ICE in a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

A stupid comment about Obama. He has done more to divide all the various groups of America than any other President. Biden is continuing, and also making up fantastic propaganda lies about his opposition. 

Obamacare was forced into effect and then forced into virtual nonexistence. American health care is the best in the world IMHO. Everyone is responsible for their own health practices and there is plenty of room for improvement. If people do not take advantage of the health care available it is their own fault. 

The people can vote for more medical care if they choose. Everyone here gets medical care one way or another. Being over 65 I just got a new aortic heart valve for "free". I pay about $500 per month for extras on medicare because we have a nice family income. Many others get care for free due to low income but are covered by medicaid. We have health clinics all over the country, people are billed according to their ability to pay. 

Americans have not decided to turn health care choice over to the government and I think it will become apparent, due to the dictatorial policies of the Biden administration, that they have made a wise choice in avoiding control by the federal government that is run by the misinformed and liars in many cases. 

Ron Wagner RN, MA retired.

 

8 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Unfortunately I disagree.  75% of all expenses in life are in your later years(death care) and it is 100% socialized which means everyone's death care is at the whim of the governments willingness to pay and not at the RESPONSIBILITY of the individual which makes EVERY hospital a defacto ward of the state where they cannot operate as a free enterprise.    So, whatever the government tells these hospitals to do and how high to jump, they do so and because of this, prices have spiraled up into the statosphere where absolutely no one even asks the price of anything and the hospital does not bother and just stuffs everyone into individual rooms as they get to charge more with the corresponding result that the # of beds has drastically reduced making a shittier health care system compared to one that used to work on free enterprise.  Next biggest expense in life?  Birth and 60% of those fall under medicaid currently...   Until there is FAR more participation by the individual in the payment of the bills to the hospitals, the USA is in effect a socialized care and NOT RESPONSIBLE by the individual.  USA further has the layer of "insurance" where everyone likewise has NO CLUE what they are paying for and no one even asks. 

The government can’t even get the food pyramid right. They would overrun your body with carbs, sugar, bad fats and to many breads and grains. Besides the military simply the largest  controlled “system” in the world. You can get blood tests and generic drugs for a decent price, at least for now. So it’s not all bad. Never have a bad illness or disease or be forever caught in a financial maze of paper pushers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

PEV sales just keep skyrocketing and ICE sales collapsing. Looks like PEV will pass pure ICE in a few months.

Still would be a miniscule percentage of rolling stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

25 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Still would be a miniscule percentage of rolling stock.

Not in a few years. 

You should feel privileged. You get to observe first hand one of the great economic transitions of history. But then we have lived through quite a few in our life times. But for some reason you think this one will fail. You truly are the guy who thought the steamboat in 1807 was folly, the ICE car in 1912 would fail, and that there was no demand for computers in the 1940s. You are in for quite a lesson in economics.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 1/8/2022 at 1:22 AM, Ecocharger said:

I know that you never studied economics, no guess-work is needed for that conclusion. Mention econometrics and you run for the hills. That's a dead giveaway, Jay.

Substitutes are going to run into rapidly rising costs of inputs.

You have never presented any econometrics.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Well, this seems unfortunate. I wonder why Jay doesn't own a Tesla yet? He's one of the 95% who won't be buying an EV. 

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a38698676/does-anyone-want-an-electric-car/

MORE ELECTRIC CAR NEWS.

Who the Hell Is Going to Buy a Lucid?

The Tesla Model S Plaid Isn't All About Lunacy

Lucid Air Is So Good It Should Make Tesla Sweat
Deloitte’s touchingly named “2022 Global Automotive Consumer Study” goes into granular detail about the buyer expectations that will drive the automotive market in the coming years. It’s all based on a survey of 26,000 consumers in 25 countries. R&T has been reliably informed one of those countries is the United States, which is still located in North America. The whole report is available at this link as a PDF.

Much of what Deloitte reports is unsurprising. People still vastly prefer personal vehicles over public transportation; are willing to embrace high technology as long as they don’t have to pay for it; that they still want to buy new vehicles in person and not over the internet; and that they’re fine with electric vehicles as long as they’re affordable and at least as good as those relying on internal combustion.

The big insights come with the subject of intentionality. That is what consumers expect to buy next. In the U.S. fully 69 percent of consumers expect their next vehicle to be powered by internal combustion. Another 22 percent will go for some sort of hybrid. But still, amid all this, only about five percent of Americans expect their next vehicle will be a fully-electric, battery-fueled machine.

“Buyers expect their vehicles to be affordable,” explains Ryan Robinson, Deloitte’s Automotive Research Leader. “Fully 74 percent of those intending to buy an electric expect their next vehicle to cost less than $50,000. With the average price of a new vehicle already approaching $40,000 that’s a very narrow band for electrics.”

Right now, many of the electrics on the market are what Robinson describes as “halo” products. That’s to say premium vehicles that attract attention and sell at high prices, but aren’t intended to sell in huge volumes to average buyers. Will there be affordable and attractive electrics? Good question.

Governments are driving forward with aggressive plans for converting the vehicle fleet to alternative fuels. What prominently emerges from the Deloitte report is that ambitions are one thing, and reality is something else.

Other countries are more eager for EVs. In South Korea, for example, 23 percent of buyers anticipate next buying an electric. In China it’s 17 percent. In almost all countries, hybrids and plug-in hybrids seem to be gaining traction as alternatives to pure ICEs....

 

 

Edited by QuarterCenturyVet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Again, Jay, you are only looking at sales changes, which still show ICE vehicles outselling EVs, and still showing that EVs must still be a very tiny percentage of a percentage of 1% of vehicles in use. 

Sorry, that does not make the grade.

I don't get you Eco... Who cares about percentages?  You shouldn't. 

Do Electric Vehicles have lower maintenance costs?  Yes. 

Do most people never drive all that far in Europe/Japan/SE ASIA?  Yes

Does Europe/Japan/SE Asia have oil?  No. 

Does Europe/Japan/SE Asia have NG?  No

Do most people in the USA never drive all that far?  Yes

Are Battery vehicles limiting?  Yes and no you will not be going off roading in the western USA or Asia on a BEV.  But Eastern USA?  Yes

Do most people own 2 cars where 1 car is a town car only?  Yes

Can most people charge their cars at home in the USA?  Yes  In European townhousing or apartment/condoes in USA... With much greater difficulty

  • Can a few who live in desert climates create the power to charge their car at home?  Yes
  • Anyone who lives in such a climate who does NOT charge at home is a blithering economic MORON even at today's EV/Solar prices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.