JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

Wow, glad to hear you can afford those! My Nissan NV3500 should get almost what I paid for it four years ago. At least that is what Edmunds says for a trade in value. $5,000 less. Nissan stopped making the passenger version with the 12 large leather seats. 

I am thinking of negotiating with all the dealers within 30 miles or maybe more. We are not in any hurry. In your experience is it as good to trade in as to sell your old vehicle privately. I have always have had kids that needed my old cars and have only traded for my first new car. 

Right now it's better to trade as dealers are hurting for cars. Check out Springfield Ford dealers, I am sure there is something in your taste. Peoria is too far for ya. 

I traded a 2016 Lariat XLT crew cab with 139,500 miles on it for my new Mustang i got in August. Took 4 month to build it. I paid in 16 62k for that f-250 crew, they gave me 40,200. So 5 years and paid 10k differance. Plus good ol' Illinois tax lol.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, notsonice said:

275 mile range ...made for short hauling ....regional distribution.......In production this year...all from improved batteries

Volvo Trucks introduces second-generation VNR Electric with bigger battery, added range, and new configurations

Scooter Doll

- Jan. 14th 2022 3:23 pm PT

Volvo Trucks Corporation has announced the next generation of its all-electric, Class 8 VNR trucks for the North American market, including upgrades to battery size, range, and charging speeds. Furthermore, Volvo Trucks has introduced two additional configurations for its commercial fleets customers to choose from.

Volvo Group (AB Volvo) is a multinational corporation whose subsidiary Volvo Trucks has manufactured a tremendous amount of the world’s heavy-duty trucks. Previously, the Swedish automaker has teamed up with companies like DHL to produce electric heavy-duty trucks and collaborated with self-driving tech companies like Aurora to develop autonomous transport solutions.

After beginning to sell all-electric trucks in Europe toward the end of 2019, Volvo Trucks set its sights on North America, introducing its VNR Class 8 BEV. This process began in California in early 2020 with a heavy duty EV program centered around the VNR Electric truck .

By the end of 2020, Volvo Trucks had opened up its sales books to commercial customers ahead of production that began in Q2 of last year. Volvo’s flagship VNR Electric truck arrived with a 264 kWh battery and the ability to charge to 80% in under 70 minutes using a sufficient DCFC.

The 2021 VNR Electric delivered an operating range of up to 150 miles based on truck configuration. Speaking of which, it originally came in three configurations – a single-axle box truck with 33,200 lbs. GVW and two tractor configurations consisting of a 4×2 option with 66,000 lbs. and a 6×2 version with 82,000 lbs. GCW.

With the announcement of a new and improved VNR Electric on the way, Volvo Trucks is introducing two additional variations with added range.

Volvo electric trucks All five configurations of the new VNR Electric / Source: Volvo Trucks

Volvo Trucks’ second-generation VNR Electric delivers up to 275 mile range

Volvo Trucks announced changes to its next generation of VNR Electrics through a press release detailing the upgrades commercial customers can expect to see in 2022. Many of these upgrades stem from Volvo’s improved battery technology.

Developments in design have helped Volvo Trucks achieve up to 40% increases in storage capacity for each battery. Furthermore, the Swedish automaker has added a dedicated Battery Thermal Management System (BTMS) to manage and maintain ideal temperatures to ensure best performance.

With the newest VNR Electric, Volvo Trucks has also introduced a six-battery package option. The company states that the combination of all three can deliver an increased energy storage of up to 565 kWh, over 300 kWh more than the previous VNR Electric model. The result is an operational range of up to 275 miles, 125 miles more than its predecessor.

Customers of the new and improved VNR Electric will also see reductions in charging times, as the Volvo truck’s 250 kW charging capability can charge to 80% in 90 minutes for the six-battery package, and 60 minutes for the four-battery option. Peter Voorhoeve, president, Volvo Trucks North America, spoke to the company’s latest electric offering:

It is a testament to Volvo Trucks’ leadership that in a continuously evolving industry we are bringing the enhanced version of our VNR Electric to the market a year after sales of the VNR Electric first started. Volvo Trucks is at the forefront in the industry, always innovating and improving, while upholding the highest standards in design, construction and safety. Our team is proud of its role, together with dealers and customers, in accelerating the shift to electromobility and a more sustainable future.

As previously mentioned, the new VNR Electric is now available in two additional configurations –  a 6×4 straight truck and a 6×4 tractor (the bottom two configurations in the image above). The former promises 54,000 lbs. GVW, while the latter will offer 88,200 lbs. GCW.

The next generation VNE Electric trucks are available for order now and will begin production in Q2 of this year at Volvo Truck’s manufacturing facility in Dublin, Virginia. 

https://www.volvotrucks.us/trucks/vnr-electric/

https://www.volvotrucks.us/trucks/vnr-electric/

Edited by ronwagn
reference

14 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Right now it's better to trade as dealers are hurting for cars. Check out Springfield Ford dealers, I am sure there is something in your taste. Peoria is too far for ya. 

I traded a 2016 Lariat XLT crew cab with 139,500 miles on it for my new Mustang i got in August. Took 4 month to build it. I paid in 16 62k for that f-250 crew, they gave me 40,200. So 5 years and paid 10k differance. Plus good ol' Illinois tax lol.

Thanks for the info. Your deal was incredible. My understanding is that you get a better tax deal by trading. You only are taxed on the difference between the old and newer vehicle. 

(edited)

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

Thanks for the info. Your deal was incredible. My understanding is that you get a better tax deal by trading. You only are taxed on the difference between the old and newer vehicle. 

Correct    So the 2019 Chevy I traded was gross 25,450 difference with little of 2k in taxes..

Edited by Old-Ruffneck
  • Like 1

@ronwagn  you are correct. Cannot get hybrid in All Wheel Drive..  I bet in near future they will produce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

We are seriously considering selling our 12 seat Nissan NV 3500 and getting a Maverick PHEV? fully loaded ( Because my wife says so.) 😊 We really never ended up doing heavy towing or hauling a lot of people but really enjoyed it. It is bothering her knees to get in and out of it and burns a lot of gas.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/maverick/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Maverick|2022|1|1.|...PKU...21K.54L.86B.FWD.993.XLT.]?gnav=header-suvs-vhp

Ford Maverick Hybrid Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woBvHw4VYGE

Go for it Ron! You know your wife is never wrong :) Neither is mine, she something special.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

When you resort to making it about me and not the actual numbers I know I won.

No Jay, until you become one of the numbers you are just a hypocrite?

• Haha 1

(edited)

21 minutes ago, Wombat One said:

No Jay, until you become one of the numbers you are just a hypocrite?

I'm reporting the numbers, no hypocrisy in that. I'm in it for the economics.

Hypocrisy is claiming that coal is the great enemy and then voting and supporting governments hell bent on supporting the coal industry.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I'm reporting the numbers, no hypocrisy in that. Hypocrisy is claiming that coal is the great enemy and then voting and supporting governments hell bent on supporting the coal industry.

pfffft.... I got solar panels on roof 20 years ago, will get a battery before I get a PHEV, what you done except buy Tesla shares? You are what my mother calls "an armchair communist"!

• Haha 5

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Wombat One said:

pfffft.... I got solar panels on roof 20 years ago, will get a battery before I get a PHEV, what you done except buy Tesla shares? You are what my mother calls "an armchair communist"!

We get all our electricity from renewables and I will also get a BEV before PHEV and I supported Tesla with investments when they were a small company and I haven't voted for coal backing governments. So more than you have done. No one said your mother was very bright.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

We get all our electricity from renewables and I will also get a BEV before PHEV and I supported Tesla with investments when they were a small company and I haven't voted for coal governments. So more than you have done. No one said your mother was very bright.

Well now, my mother is worth $3m, she sounds a lot brighter than you Jay? She is looking for a slightly younger, dumbass man with lots of energy. You want me to give her ur number?

1 minute ago, Wombat One said:

Well now, my mother is worth $3m, she sounds a lot brighter than you Jay? She is looking for a slightly younger, dumbass man with lots of energy. You want me to give her ur number?

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend your boyfriend.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I'm reporting the numbers, no hypocrisy in that. I'm in it for the economics.

Hypocrisy is claiming that coal is the great enemy and then voting and supporting governments hell bent on supporting the coal industry.

Jay, you are not just reporting the numbers, give me a break.

(edited)

Both copper and lithium prices are set to soar and create a brick wall for EV adoption to run into.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Soaring-Lithium-Prices-Become-Major-Headache-For-EV-Makers.html

"With lithium prices already trading at a record high in Asia, there is no sign that the rally in this much-sought-after commodity will come to an end this year

Logistical challenges and production problems mean that producers in China and South America are reluctant to sell lithium salts on the spot market

In China, a relatively new futures contract that was launched six months ago will also play a role in driving lithium prices and market sentiment "

Edited by Ecocharger

22 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/report-tesla-cybertruck-delayed-again/

Tesla Cybertruck Reportedly Delayed Again

4e07f088d0100f61e80ea3e6290f143a?s=96&d=BySean Tucker 01/14/2022 10:53am

Tesla Cybertruck on the road in the desert.

Good think I am signed up for a Ford Lightning.  I had a feeling the cybertruck was going to be tough to fabricate.  It asks/demands so many things that are unusual in automotive construction over and above the fact that it's electric. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You just can't handle the numbers.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Give the old guy a brake, Ice vehicle production in China is off 90%, in the EU ice production is off 70%....In the US its 50%. 

There is going to be a smidge of spike in EV registrations. Let Jay have his moment...Perhaps he may even calm down a smidge, cash out his options and set sail for a glourios sunset.

Cross your fingers.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Give the old guy a brake, Ice vehicle production in China is off 90%, in the EU ice production is off 70%....In the US its 50%. 

There is going to be a smidge of spike in EV registrations. Let Jay have his moment...Perhaps he may even calm down a smidge, cash out his options and set sail for a glourios sunset.

Cross your fingers.

bp-pulse-car.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1600

Oil giant BP claims the use of its BP pulse electric vehicle chargers is “on the cusp” of being more profitable for the company than filling up an internal combustion-powered car with gas. Once that happens, it could mark a major turning point for EVs and “big oil”.

The business of EV charging – filling up a car with electrons rather than petroleum-based gas or diesel – has always been a loss leader for oil companies like Shell and BP, who are seemingly being dragged into the electric future kicking and screaming. That may be about to change, however, as BP’s latest numbers show that, on a margin basis, its UK-based “BP pulse” network of fast battery charging stations, is nearing the levels of profitability they see from filling up with petrol. And the division could be profitable on its own by 2025.

“If I think about a tank of fuel versus a fast charge, we are nearing a place where the business fundamentals on the fast charge are better than they are on the (fossil) fuel,” BP head of customers and products, Emma Delaney, told Reuters.

Delaney did not disclose precisely when BP expects EV charging profits to eclipse traditional fuel profits, but the company did report that its electricity sales for EV charging grew 45% from Q2 to Q3 of 2021, alone. “Overall, we see a huge opportunity in fast charging for consumers and businesses, as well as fleet services more generally,” explains Delaney. “That’s where we see the growth, and where we see the margins.”

https://electrek.co/2022/01/16/bp-claims-ev-charging-stations-on-the-cusp-of-being-more-profitable-than-gas-pumps/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

bp-pulse-car.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1600

Oil giant BP claims the use of its BP pulse electric vehicle chargers is “on the cusp” of being more profitable for the company than filling up an internal combustion-powered car with gas. Once that happens, it could mark a major turning point for EVs and “big oil”.

The business of EV charging – filling up a car with electrons rather than petroleum-based gas or diesel – has always been a loss leader for oil companies like Shell and BP, who are seemingly being dragged into the electric future kicking and screaming. That may be about to change, however, as BP’s latest numbers show that, on a margin basis, its UK-based “BP pulse” network of fast battery charging stations, is nearing the levels of profitability they see from filling up with petrol. And the division could be profitable on its own by 2025.

“If I think about a tank of fuel versus a fast charge, we are nearing a place where the business fundamentals on the fast charge are better than they are on the (fossil) fuel,” BP head of customers and products, Emma Delaney, told Reuters.

Delaney did not disclose precisely when BP expects EV charging profits to eclipse traditional fuel profits, but the company did report that its electricity sales for EV charging grew 45% from Q2 to Q3 of 2021, alone. “Overall, we see a huge opportunity in fast charging for consumers and businesses, as well as fleet services more generally,” explains Delaney. “That’s where we see the growth, and where we see the margins.”

https://electrek.co/2022/01/16/bp-claims-ev-charging-stations-on-the-cusp-of-being-more-profitable-than-gas-pumps/

Great News, after they have rebuilt their own fuel distribution network's,  have them rebuild the grid.. On their dime that is.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Edited by Jay McKinsey

22 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Great News, after they have rebuilt their own fuel distribution network's,  have them rebuild the grid.. On their dime that is.

This one is just for you:

2022 Chevy Menlo EV Gets A Mickey Kung Fu Edition In China

The model is exclusively sold in China, so no dice for Disney fans in the US.

Chevy's all-electric offensive in the US has gotten bolder this week with the arrival of the Silverado EV. The zero-emissions truck is set out to represent GM's foray into the electric vehicle market, particularly in the reigning truck segment.

In other parts of the world, Chevy's EV offering isn't as burly as the Silverado full-size truck. Meet, the Chevy Menlo EV, which gets a Mickey Kung Fu Edition for the Chinese market. The special edition model is part of GM's collaboration with Disney in the Asian country.

Gallery: 2022 Chevrolet Menlo EV Mickey Kung Fu Edition

2022 Chevrolet Menlo EV Mickey Kung Fu Edition

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Ummm, actually EWO, the European oil majors are doing just that. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of RWE and E.on become takeover targets within a decade.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You just can't handle the numbers.

Look who's talking...just mention Econometrics and you run for the hills.