JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Recommended Posts

On 5/23/2022 at 12:00 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

If EVs didn't exist then the people who bought EVs would have bought ICE, complete overlap. EVs aren't a perfect substitute today for all applications but everyday their abilities expand. For example Ford is planning on EVs to be a third of all pickup sales in three years and it will just keep going up from there.

Not necessarily, some people buy both ICE and EV vehicles.

That is why there is not perfect substitution between the two products, both have growing outputs.

You have to do statistical studies of cross-market price elasticities to find the degree of market independence. In this case it would not be anywhere close to perfect.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Oil demand is hot and getting hotter.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/American-Drivers-Set-To-Pay-Record-High-Gasoline-Prices-At-Memorial-Day.html

"Prices in California, where gas is the most expensive, hit $6.069 on Monday, up from $5.903 a week ago. 

Speaking to Yahoo Finance, KPMG Global Head of Energy Regina Mayor said there was a “confluence of pressures with significantly restricted supply and demand that continues to go up”. 

Yet, despite soaring prices at the pump, available data shows that Americans drove 3% more in March this year than they did in March 2019, “so we’re not seeing the typical reduction in demand that sometimes these high-price environments can lead to,” she said."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 9:29 PM, Ecocharger said:

Burning gas keeps the lights on for this old world...that sounds good to me.

Natural gas is about as clean a fuel as there is. I burn it to heat my house and just keep a window cracked right above it. The world is full of false propaganda against natural gas. It has more potential than any other energy and has allowed America to have the cleanest air of any major industrialized nation. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Not necessarily, some people buy both ICE and EV vehicles.

That is why there is not perfect substitution between the two products, both have growing outputs.

You have to do statistical studies of cross-market price elasticities to find the degree of market independence. In this case it would not be anywhere close to perfect.

And those people drive their EVs as much as possible and keep their ICE as specialty / collectors items. Why else would you buy one of each?

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 5/22/2022 at 9:16 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Yes, where you could not understand the concept of me showing you the actual agreement that the dealers signed. 

Jay you are one bloviating machine. Due NOTICE the distinctions...Then again perhaps not..after all it is your way.

Choice of Law Issues in Franchise and Dealership Agreements.

https://www.leydiglaw.com/articles/choice-of-law-issues-in-franchise-and-dealership-agreements/

I see your still deferring your thoughts to others. I find it astounding you cannot or will not share some personal marketing depth.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

47 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Jay you are one bloviating machine. Due NOTICE the distinctions...Then again perhaps not..after all it is your way.

Choice of Law Issues in Franchise and Dealership Agreements.

You magnificent imbecile.  You didn't post an actual link. But that doesn't matter because what you could not comprehend is that I posted the actual agreement the dealers signed. Apparently you still can't comprehend that. Choice of law issues are irrelevant. The agreement they sign says absolutely nothing about whether they can sell cars through other agreements with other dealers or directly. 

If you keep up this abject stupidity I will have to again show you to be the dullard that you are. Now Volkswagen has announced the new Scout division is going to be direct to consumer and the dealers are up in arms about it with no legal recourse.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

51 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Apparently you still can't comprehend that. Choice of law issues are irrelevant. The agreement they sign says absolutely nothing about whether they can sell cars through other agreements with other dealers or directly. 

Have a read...lmao I told you Ford would not split and they did not. The Family interceded. Long night Jay feeling a smidge crabby? Or is this Green Socialist debacle wearing you a smidge thin?

https://www.leydiglaw.com/articles/choice-of-law-issues-in-franchise-and-dealership-agreements/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

58 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Volkswagen has announced the new Scout division is going to be direct to consumer and the dealers are up in arms about it with no legal recourse.

Oh good for VW, perhaps this failure will keep them closer to home.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

As I knew, it is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand. Nothing in the dealership agreement denies the right of the OEM to sell vehicles through other agreements or directly and nothing in state law demands that this requirement  be included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

As I knew, it is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand. Nothing in the dealership agreement denies the right of the OEM to sell vehicles through other agreements or directly and nothing in state law demands that this requirement  be included.

Do not practice law..you have some emotional issues. Actually Jay it's getting late. You posted a SEC franchise agreement crying havoc. 

You do understand a dealer agreement is not franchise law.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Oh good for VW, perhaps this failure will keep them closer to home.

More likely it will be their big break through to the American market. You should watch what John McElroy at Autoline (and old school car guy) has to say about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGQC0NYDfs8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

28 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Do not practice law..you have some emotional issues.

It's called an education and I accept your capitulation. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

New EVs in the next couple of  years  for the US market (does not include ones you can buy today)......Please add to the list and please post the ones you can already buy...............Enjoy the future is here today...Eat your heart out Ecochump

 

2023 bZ4X Toyota

2023 BMW i7

2022 ID.4 Volkswagen

2024 Buick Electra

2025 Chrysler Airflow

2023 Aston Martin Lagonda All-Terrain

2024 Polestar 5 Volvo

2022 Volkswagen ID.Space Vizzion

2022 Maserati MC20 EV

2025 ? Chevrolet Corvette EV

2026 Volkswagen Project Trinity

2024 Acura Electric SUV

2024 Audi A6 e-tron

2022 Bollinger B2

2025 Cadillac Celestiq

2024 Canoo Pickup Truck

2023 Chevrolet Silverado Electric pickup

2024 Dodge eMuscle

2024 or2025? Ford Explorer EV

2022 Genesis G80 Electrified Hyundai

2022 Genesis GV60 Hyundai

 

2023 GMC Sierra EV

2024 Honda Prologue

2022 Hyundai Ioniq 6

2022 Mercedes-Benz EQB

2022 Nissan Ariya

2023 Polestar 3 Volvo

2022 Polestar 2 Volvo

 

2023 Porsche Macan EV

2024 Ram 1500 Electric

2022 Tesla Cybertruck

2023 Volkswagen ID. Buzz

2022 Volvo C40 Recharge

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

3 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

It has more potential than any other energy and has allowed America to have the cleanest air of any major industrialized nation. 

Nope not even close Ron, USA doesnt even get in the top 10

https://www.u-earth.eu/post/world-most-least-polluted-countries

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/pollution-by-country

Canada and Australia unsurprisingly due to their lower population density and larger land area are way better. 

According to the below list on air quality the US ranks 23rd

https://www.atlasandboots.com/travel-blog/which-country-has-the-cleanest-air-in-the-world/

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

Natural gas is about as clean a fuel as there is. I burn it to heat my house and just keep a window cracked right above it. The world is full of false propaganda against natural gas. It has more potential than any other energy and has allowed America to have the cleanest air of any major industrialized nation. 

Huh?  You don't use a proper furnace? 

This may explain a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Huh?  You don't use a proper furnace? 

This may explain a lot.

That response made me do a spit take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Huh?  You don't use a proper furnace? 

This may explain a lot.

Possibly Ron uses a ventless gas heater, very common throughout the u.s.of a. While they are 100% efficient they do put alot of moisture and some vapors. If you don't know what a ventless heater is google it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It's called an education and I accept your capitulation. 

I see stunted savant was a overly generous description, perhaps the abridged version would be in order.." Stunted" no speculation required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

22 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

And those people drive their EVs as much as possible and keep their ICE as specialty / collectors items. Why else would you buy one of each?

Jay, this is a standard analysis of markets using estimates of  cross-market price elasticities. And even that does not mean that one product has displaced another product, it just shows how much demand shifts between products according to price changes. Both products could increase if the sector to which they belong also experiences demand increases. The idea that one product displaces another is economic nonsense.

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

The demand for oil and gasoline has increased in spite of increasing oil and gasoline prices.

That shows how central and essential fossil fuels are for standard transportation needs.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/WTI-Spikes-On-Large-Draw-In-Gasoline-Inventories.html

"This week, the API reported a large draw in gasoline inventories of 4.223 million barrels for the week ending May 20—on top of the previous week's 5.102-million-barrel draw.

Distillate stocks also saw a draw in inventory, of 949,000 barrels for the week compared to last week's 1.075-million-barrel increase.

Cushing saw a 731,000-barrel draw this week. Cushing inventories crashed to 25.839 million barrels in the week prior, as of May 13, according to EIA data—down from 59.2 million barrels at the start of 2021, and down from 37.3 million barrels at the end of 2021."

Edited by Ecocharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, notsonice said:

New EVs in the next couple of  years  for the US market (does not include ones you can buy today)......Please add to the list and please post the ones you can already buy...............Enjoy the future is here today...Eat your heart out Ecochump

 

2023 bZ4X Toyota

2023 BMW i7

2022 ID.4 Volkswagen

2024 Buick Electra

2025 Chrysler Airflow

2023 Aston Martin Lagonda All-Terrain

2024 Polestar 5 Volvo

2022 Volkswagen ID.Space Vizzion

2022 Maserati MC20 EV

2025 ? Chevrolet Corvette EV

2026 Volkswagen Project Trinity

2024 Acura Electric SUV

2024 Audi A6 e-tron

2022 Bollinger B2

2025 Cadillac Celestiq

2024 Canoo Pickup Truck

2023 Chevrolet Silverado Electric pickup

2024 Dodge eMuscle

2024 or2025? Ford Explorer EV

2022 Genesis G80 Electrified Hyundai

2022 Genesis GV60 Hyundai

 

2023 GMC Sierra EV

2024 Honda Prologue

2022 Hyundai Ioniq 6

2022 Mercedes-Benz EQB

2022 Nissan Ariya

2023 Polestar 3 Volvo

2022 Polestar 2 Volvo

 

2023 Porsche Macan EV

2024 Ram 1500 Electric

2022 Tesla Cybertruck

2023 Volkswagen ID. Buzz

2022 Volvo C40 Recharge

EVs are and will remain less than 1% of the vehicle market. Sorry to spoil your celebration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It's called an education and I accept your capitulation. 

It is time for you to get an education in economics...you have come to the right place, Jay.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, this is a standard analysis of markets using estimates of  cross-market price elasticities. And even that does not mean that one product has displaced another product, it just shows how much demand shifts between products according to price changes. Both products could increase if the sector too which they belong also increases. The idea that one product displaces another is economic nonsense.

You keep confusing the future and the past. We have the actual numbers for the past. The past is a zero sum market.

 And if demand shifts between products according to price changes that is the absolute definition of product substitution. This is basic economics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, notsonice said:

New EVs in the next couple of  years  for the US market (does not include ones you can buy today)......Please add to the list and please post the ones you can already buy...............Enjoy the future is here today...Eat your heart out Ecochump

 

2023 bZ4X Toyota

2023 BMW i7

2022 ID.4 Volkswagen

2024 Buick Electra

2025 Chrysler Airflow

2023 Aston Martin Lagonda All-Terrain

2024 Polestar 5 Volvo

2022 Volkswagen ID.Space Vizzion

2022 Maserati MC20 EV

2025 ? Chevrolet Corvette EV

2026 Volkswagen Project Trinity

2024 Acura Electric SUV

2024 Audi A6 e-tron

2022 Bollinger B2

2025 Cadillac Celestiq

2024 Canoo Pickup Truck

2023 Chevrolet Silverado Electric pickup

2024 Dodge eMuscle

2024 or2025? Ford Explorer EV

2022 Genesis G80 Electrified Hyundai

2022 Genesis GV60 Hyundai

 

2023 GMC Sierra EV

2024 Honda Prologue

2022 Hyundai Ioniq 6

2022 Mercedes-Benz EQB

2022 Nissan Ariya

2023 Polestar 3 Volvo

2022 Polestar 2 Volvo

 

2023 Porsche Macan EV

2024 Ram 1500 Electric

2022 Tesla Cybertruck

2023 Volkswagen ID. Buzz

2022 Volvo C40 Recharge

Great, I hope they do well and and there is enough electricity to keep them running. Just don't expect wind and solar to be up to the job anytime soon. I also hope that they are affordable vehicles, which I doubt we will seeing anytime soon. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

Great, I hope they do well and and there is enough electricity to keep them running. Just don't expect wind and solar to be up to the job anytime soon. I also hope that they are affordable vehicles, which I doubt we will seeing anytime soon. 

California Q1 sales of Tesla Model Y 22K, Model 3 21K, Mitsubishi Mirage 418. https://www.cncda.org/wp-content/uploads/Cal-Covering-1Q-22-002.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.