JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

Actually nobody drives these in Europe, but lots of people drive Tesla's. Main reason is supply and a greter trust in the brand.

For a Chinese company to succeed being able to compete on price and performance with Tesla is nowhere near enough, they have to be a lot cheaper and offer more otherwise Europeans will go with what they know and trust the established brand.

As I suspected, they cannot penetrate the market.

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

Actually nobody drives these in Europe, but lots of people drive Tesla's. Main reason is supply and a greter trust in the brand.

For a Chinese company to succeed being able to compete on price and performance with Tesla is nowhere near enough, they have to be a lot cheaper and offer more otherwise Europeans will go with what they know and trust the established brand.

The launch was delayed until now because of COVID. You will begin seeing them soon.

Chinese EV brand BYD to enter UK market by December 2022

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/electric/byd/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

As I suspected, they cannot penetrate the market.

The launch was delayed until now because of COVID.

17 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The launch was delayed until now because of COVID.

People will still choose Tesla, Polestar, VW, BMW, Nissan etc etc over BYD because of branding unless BYD position themselves significantly cheaper whilst offering a similar spec vehicle.

Also there is still a loathing by most to buy anything Chinese following Covid, I know this is daft as pretty much everything is Chinese these days but a car is a large and very personal expense and is therefore to the fore in many peoples minds.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

People will still choose Tesla, Polestar, VW, BMW, Nissan etc etc over BYD because of branding unless BYD position themselves significantly cheaper whilst offering a similar spec vehicle.

Also there is still a loathing by most to buy anything Chinese following Covid, I know this is daft as pretty much everything is Chinese these days but a car is a large and very personal expense and is therefore to the fore in many peoples minds.

We shall see. MG is doing very well in the UK, do brits overlook that fact that it is made in China by a CCP owned company?

Edited by Jay McKinsey

12 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

We shall see. MG is doing very well in the UK, do brits overlook that fact that it is made in China by a CCP owned company?

MG is doing well because you can buy one for under £26K they arent a competitor for Tesla model 3, which is sort of my point.

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The launch was delayed until now because of COVID. You will begin seeing them soon.

Chinese EV brand BYD to enter UK market by December 2022

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/electric/byd/

Ha! Covid, yes that must be the answer. Thanks for my daily chuckle, Jay.

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I bought a sofa by an Italian manufacturer, designed in Italy by Italians, specifications determined in Milan, built in China and shipped from China. Is that Chinese or Italian?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

I bought a sofa by an Italian manufacturer, designed in Italy by Italians, specifications determined in Milan, built in China and shipped from China. Is that Chinese or Italian?

Chinese.

10 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Chinese.

Italian. 

(edited)

Greta Thunberg is back at the barricades again, demonstrating for all to see how the worst sore losers on the planet are the Green Curmudgeons of Europe. Quintessential nonsense of the highest order.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/police-clear-first-buildings-abandoned-german-coal-village-2023-01-12/

"Officers climbed ladders to reach protesters perched on roofs and walls in Luetzerath, which energy firm RWE (RWEG.DE) wants to clear to expand its Garzweiler lignite coal mine.

Some activists threw stones, bottles and firecrackers at police approaching a building with a pallet truck."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Italian. 

Sorry, but unless you are sitting on a drawing of a couch it is Chinese.

Similarly look at the Italian high-end bicycle company Bianchi.  They are made in Taiwan, like essentially every carbon fiber bicycle.  All they can say is "designed and engineered in Italy."

There are laws about such labels as it effect tariffs.   They would love to say "made in Italy" if they legally could.

Here is a link to the Canadian law which will be very similar to the USA and other nations (international agreements).

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-94-23/FullText.html

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Greta Thunberg is back at the barricades again, demonstrating for all to see how the worst sore losers on the planet are the Green Curmudgeons of Europe. Quintessential nonsense of the highest order.

Uh, Jan 6th showed otherwise.   Trump is still crying about it.

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

I am referring to the Green Revolution and the worst losers in that world wide struggle are Greta and her gang.

(edited)

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

Sorry, but unless you are sitting on a drawing of a couch it is Chinese.

Similarly look at the Italian high-end bicycle company Bianchi.  They are made in Taiwan, like essentially every carbon fiber bicycle.  All they can say is "designed and engineered in Italy."

There are laws about such labels as it effect tariffs.   They would love to say "made in Italy" if they legally could.

Here is a link to the Canadian law which will be very similar to the USA and other nations (international agreements).

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-94-23/FullText.html

I consider the sofa which I own to be Italian in fact, regardless of the tariff evaluations.

Nothing designed in China looks remotely like it.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

23 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You bought a sofa of Italian design, manufactured in China.

The manufacturer probably had some decisions to make concerning order of operations and tooling/methods used to construct the product.

The country of origin is China. 

Nevertheless, it's probably a great piece of furniture.

Edited by turbguy
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, turbguy said:

You bought a sofa of Italian design, manufactured in China.

The manufacturer probably had some decisions to make concerning order of operations and tooling/methods used to construct the product.

The country of origin is China. 

Nevertheless, it's probably a great piece of furniture.

I regard it as Italian, the methods of manufacture were under the control of the Italians.

Does anyone know if and when BYD products will be offered for sale in America, Europe, and around the world?  I think tarrifs would be added but not sure if Tesla will avoid a lot of market loss. They are planning a "low priced" Tesla but I doubt that they can compete at low price points. 

Would China have to jump through a lot of hoops to get into America and Europe? 

What I found: https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/chinese-electric-car-exports-europe-soar

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/tesla-launches-aggressive-pricing-cuts-europe-us

People also ask

What cars made in China are sold in the USA?

There is really only one car that's popular in the US market which remains made in China, and that's GM's Buick Envision. And this shows how deeply entrenched GM is in China–it's cheaper for them to pay the 25% a year tariff than to manufacture the car in the US. Avoid that car at all costs.Jul 4, 2022

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2023 at 2:52 PM, TailingsPond said:

He didn't really lose fairly. The government of the USA blocked his messaging and lied about many things. He was unable to make his case. Also he was predicted to win  the bellwether areas but lost them  somehow. About a third of Ameria believes he was cheated out of the presidency. He will be back.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:08 PM, Ecocharger said:

Italian. 

Chinese

Because as soon as design is sent, the quality materials it was designed to get thrown out the window, replaced with cheap crap after the 1st sofa passed QC in Italy as long as it barely squeeks by the warranty period.  Of course said same company in China builds an exact replica and sells them with a slightly different name and the Italian manufacturer disappears as EVERYONE buys the knockoff as NO ONE cares who designed it or whose name is on the label on the bottom of the sofa, all anyone cares about is: does it look good and is it comfortable for a the LOWEST price. 

Likewise if say a WAR happens, not that those pesky things every happen... oh no, never... China has all the people with the knowledge on how to build said product or similar and worse, the MACHINES & industry with which to destroy Italy with in said war.  All the logistics chain also gets moved to China so if there is a war, Italy our <<COUGH>> USA can't even build the weapons to fight said war as they neither have the machines, the skilled labor, nor the associated industries making all the bits bob's, weaves,

So, WHERE it is manufactured is WHERE it is from.  I do not give one damn where their headquarters are.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Chinese

Because as soon as design is sent, the quality materials it was designed to get thrown out the window, replaced with cheap crap after the 1st sofa passed QC in Italy as long as it barely squeeks by the warranty period.  Of course said same company in China builds an exact replica and sells them with a slightly different name and the Italian manufacturer disappears as EVERYONE buys the knockoff as NO ONE cares who designed it or whose name is on the label on the bottom of the sofa, all anyone cares about is: does it look good and is it comfortable for a the LOWEST price. 

Likewise if say a WAR happens, not that those pesky things every happen... oh no, never... China has all the people with the knowledge on how to build said product or similar and worse, the MACHINES & industry with which to destroy Italy with in said war.  All the logistics chain also gets moved to China so if there is a war, Italy our <<COUGH>> USA can't even build the weapons to fight said war as they neither have the machines, the skilled labor, nor the associated industries making all the bits bob's, weaves,

So, WHERE it is manufactured is WHERE it is from.  I do not give one damn where their headquarters are.

No, the investor controls the production, they control the management of the process in China. They have to maintain their brand name with some degree of quality control. 

I bought this sofa fifteen years ago, and it is still in great condition, the leather has held itself well, even with no maintenance from me. They sold me the maintenance polish for leather, but I have never used it.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Rolling Eye 1

16 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

No, the investor controls the production, they control the management of the process in China. They have to maintain their brand name with some degree of quality control. 

I bought this sofa fifteen years ago, and it is still in great condition, the leather has held itself well, even with no maintenance from me. They sold me the maintenance polish for leather, but I have never used it.

the case mentioned is peculiar......

image.png.6c5aaa0b61270404e7e80cd87d9c9323.png

Usually, high end market sets a standard of acceptability in terms of quality, durability, recognized brand etc... They would make the mark of acceptability higher in their own country, but rarely lower............ Therefore, only things that have better quality than their own products would be able to penetrate the market........... Outside of their own country, they probably do not care.........

Would there be a chance for non recognized brands to be in the lower end market of the same country? The probability could be low. Those health conscious citizens prefer to walk, cycle, take public transport or not to go out at all.......... Even if they go out, they would still choose to drive used version of own productions, despite the potential fear it could fall apart on the road, or such........

That left countries which have no standard set yet........ because they do not have proper road......... or purchasing power........

Outside of these, Joint Venture might be a proven strategy...

On 1/13/2023 at 3:21 PM, Ecocharger said:

I consider the sofa which I own to be Italian in fact, regardless of the tariff evaluations.

You are hanging on to a belief despite demonstrated facts.

Logic failure

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, specinho said:

image.png.6c5aaa0b61270404e7e80cd87d9c9323.png

Like a made in China MAGA hat.